Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

When is the AFL going to play a game on Easter Friday?

I know in Oz, it's just about the most boring day of the year

(was for me anyway).

A twilight game today would have a huge audience methinks.

(was for me anyway).

When Emperor McGuire tells Lord McLachlan that he is satisfied that Collingwood will retain all profits from said fixture :P

• Like 1

(was for me anyway).

i know i'd be watching it tongue.png

Back in OZ again, so i'll have to be streaming my Sydney games. They show the Gold coast and Brisbane games up here.

For the NAB cup I used the WatchAFL free trial while in Bangkok. The first game I watched stopped and started a bit but the next ones the stream was basically uninterrupted. That was using a shared wifi in the apartment building .

If i was in Thailand for the season I'd pay the $130 for a pass. I think there is a monthly pass rate also.

The pass for the season in OZ is $90, but u have to stream it via your mobile or Tablet. I was thinking of getting the app for my mobile and then connecting the mobile to the TV to watch it

• Like 1

(was for me anyway).

i know i'd be watching it tongue.png

Back in OZ again, so i'll have to be streaming my Sydney games. They show the Gold coast and Brisbane games up here.

For the NAB cup I used the WatchAFL free trial while in Bangkok. The first game I watched stopped and started a bit but the next ones the stream was basically uninterrupted. That was using a shared wifi in the apartment building .

If i was in Thailand for the season I'd pay the $130 for a pass. I think there is a monthly pass rate also.

The pass for the season in OZ is $90, but u have to stream it via your mobile or Tablet. I was thinking of getting the app for my mobile and then connecting the mobile to the TV to watch it

I have a love/hate relationship with the App... Love it because it's available, hate it because it's painful to watch most times. I'll be sticking with the live streaming sites as it's no better or worse than the App..

But for the next two weeks I'll have it live and uniterrupted and my local has finally (after 10 years) got Foxtel, which like you khun BM for me being in Adelaide they only showed Crows or Power games as they only had free to air and we had to resort to watching other games (if we were at the pub) via the Foxtel app on our iPads - pub had free wi-fi ;)

As far as packages go for the app, you can buy:

Weekend Pass

Monthly Pass

Season Pass

The annoying thing with the "Season Pass" is it doesn't include finals footy.

• Like 2

Some notes on the Season Pass.

If you purchase it from watchafl it costs $139 USD or $180 AUD in real money, plus any fees or FX fees your credit card charges.

Before you purchase go to the website of your AFL club and look carefully at the membership options.

Some clubs include the pass in their international membership packages and it can be $20 cheaper from the club website,

as the membership version is valid only until November 1 2015 which is all you need, and charged in AUD so no fees...

Every game from every club live, on demand replays, finals, the lot,

If you purchase from the club it takes a few days to be activated.

For streaming, the app works on tablets but even on a high end tablet it won't always be a smooth viewing experience, sometimes not good at all.

From a laptop connected to a tv via HDMI it depends a lot on the laptop. An older laptop I tried was not very good but a fast new one wasn't bad.

On a high-end desktop with an i5 and 8GB of memory, very good

(better quality than my Australia+ picture on my tv), with very few glitches over a full game.

On a Smart TV, also very good but still a few glitches.

The better your internet package and the better your wi-fi then the better your viewing experience will be.

Watching replays is smoother than watching live I've found.

You are welcome to join our tipping comp Kkerry

• Like 1

Some notes on the Season Pass.

If you purchase it from watchafl it costs $139 USD or $180 AUD in real money, plus any fees or FX fees your credit card charges.

Before you purchase go to the website of your AFL club and look carefully at the membership options.

Some clubs include the pass in their international membership packages and it can be $20 cheaper from the club website,

as the membership version is valid only until November 1 2015 which is all you need, and charged in AUD so no fees...

Every game from every club live, on demand replays, finals, the lot,

If you purchase from the club it takes a few days to be activated.

For streaming, the app works on tablets but even on a high end tablet it won't always be a smooth viewing experience, sometimes not good at all.

From a laptop connected to a tv via HDMI it depends a lot on the laptop. An older laptop I tried was not very good but a fast new one wasn't bad.

On a high-end desktop with an i5 and 8GB of memory, very good

(better quality than my Australia+ picture on my tv), with very few glitches over a full game.

On a Smart TV, also very good but still a few glitches.

The better your internet package and the better your wi-fi then the better your viewing experience will be.

Watching replays is smoother than watching live I've found.

Thanks for that kkerry.......sensational tip.

I've been trying to buy a season pass but have been unable to.

I don't want to create a Paypal account and the credit card details don't show up on the website.

Just checked WCE website and can purchase a Global Eagle membership for $150.

Fot those living in Thailand with decent internet, you can get a 2 day free pass from Thai Expat TV.

They get Australia Plus channel so can watch via that for a few days. It got me last nights game and

hopefully a few tomorrow.

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/index.php

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Can I have a second id in the tipping?

'chooka' is already taken

We are not related, I don't follow soccer and who won the soccer grand final?

ALeague finals are still a few weeks off old boy, but big game on this week with Melb Victory and Wellington (NZ team) winner should claim top spot the interest is former Victory coach with 2 premierships now is leading Wellington and there come from hasbeens to top of the table in 2 seasons. ( there should be a job for him at Deeland next season)

Your gonna get me into trouble with the brothers here talking about Football the game the whole wide world plays....meanwhile back at tinker league...i agonized over which of those two losers to choose the other night and yep the blues let me down....and that loss reminds me it took malthouse 10 seasons to get a flag...so im not picking the blues again this season.

I signed up for the afl annual pass on wednesday,$139us=$189aus and expires on the 1st april 2016.

I signed up today as a Global Eagle via the WCE website for $150 clams.

Edited by Will27

I signed up for the afl annual pass on wednesday,$139us=$189aus and expires on the 1st april 2016.

I signed up today as a Global Eagle via the WCE website for $150 clams.

Thanks for the tip kkerrythumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Looking promising for next year gang.

Good Friday AFL games a step closer

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/good-friday-afl-games-a-step-closer-20150403-1me99h.html

Doesn't someone say that each year, I'll believe it when I see it...

Christ, Melbourne certainly seems the place to be, public holidays for the sake of public holidays...

Surely Monday after the GF should be a public holiday :P

its for the grand final parade on Friday and so Vic's have time to stock the fridge.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/good-friday-afl-games-a-step-closer-20150403-1me99h.html

Christ, Melbourne certainly seems the place to be, public holidays for the sake of public holidays...

Surely Monday after the GF should be a public holiday tongue.png

Rugby League played two games yesterday, no reason AFL couldn't

• Like 1

Surely Monday after the GF should be a public holiday tongue.png

Rugby League played two games yesterday, no reason AFL couldn't

Melbourne is Roman Catholic stronghold. AFL game on Good Friday would probably need papal approval. You could start lobbing the Vatican.