Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Lance almost back to his best

LANCE Franklin showed he is closing in on his best form ahead of round one but Sydney Swans coach John Longmire ominously says the superstar forward is still yet to reach his peak.

Franklin was outstanding against in the Swans' 22-point NAB Challenge win over the Blues on Friday night, putting in easily the finest performance of his pre-season campaign.

He booted three goals, helped himself to 20 disposals and dished out five goal assists for good measure.

His work rate and defensive efforts were also top-notch.

Click here for full match coverage and stats

"He certainly played a pretty good game tonight," Longmire said.

"He's had a good pre-season. He ran well. There were a couple of marks he missed, and he could've had an even bigger night.

"I thought the signs with him he looked pretty good. He'll get better, I've got no doubt."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-11/buddy-will-get-better-declares-longmire

• Like 1

Some painful watching of BB on the Footy Show with his mates interviewing. There was an interesting article in the herald about it also...

Billy Brownless opens up on fall-out to Garry Lyon, Nicky Brownless affair in TV interview on The Footy Show

THE FOOTY Show funnyman and former Geelong star Billy Brownless has revealed his heartache, describing the rift between he and long-time friend Garry Lyon as “very difficult”.

An emotional Brownless has opened up for the first time since news broke that his ex-wife Nicky had been in a relationship with Lyon, who is suffering depression.

The 49-year-old All-Australian forward said he has had no option but to carry on.

“It has (been tough). Very difficult,” he said on Channel 9.

“We all have our ups and downs, and this one was too close to home. It’s been really difficult, not just for me.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/billy-brownless-on-the-footy-show-garry-lyon-rift-set-to-be-addressed/news-story/07e73dfa79f4a285382dc3d545cef99a

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/billy-brownless-footy-show-confessional-a-flawed-fascinating-examination-of-mateship-20160311-gnghxc.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvFFBgn21I

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Righto boys on further consideration i can't see the sense in being in two fantasy comps, Chooks was a bit slow off the blocks but his is a better option than mine,, since the tinker league got 90 bucks out of me a few weeks ago I'm not gonna give them another cent, so i think we should abandon ship, drop out of my Fantasy comp...looking the details over in mine we play each other once thats it.....very quick season indeed....

What to do what to do?

Don't be silly Alex, all is good and nothing changed. You can have one team in many leagues. Mid season final, see how you're going then the big one. Same teams,just double up in the 2nd half. A bit like Collingwood a few years ago being called the July premiers then fell to pieces.
Silly? Silly? What to do what to do? I'm ditching cause playing finals after 5 or 6 games is stupid.....besides it took me almost the whole season to get it right while you were like a rocket to Pluto off the mark....noooooooo to easy for you chooks, too easy...
come on Alex... it's best to save the dummy spits for when Melbourne starts its seasons

TV tipping and fantasy footy has nothing to do with the Dee's. no one is expecting anything more than us battling for the wooden spoon...i might ADD at least we wear manly colours more than that gay team up in Sydney...wait...theres two...and i mean to say....opera house roof all over the front of a MANS jumper...i say ..... i say....

Chooks was rolled in the finals in fantasy because the season was too long for him, were some of us just got better at it.......you think I'm going to give him an advantage? no way charlie brown....got that charlie?

And talking about fantasy.....if your not in it you can stay out of the banter young man....no need to stir up the comrades, we do a good enough job of flying off the handle and jumping to conclusions without you and your thai monkey getting involved.

• Like 2

Interesting strategy by Richmond in refusing to replace injured players in their NAB match with Port. rolleyes.gif

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nab-challenge-2016-costly-night-for-richmond-after-loss-to-port-adelaide-20160310-gnfyz5.html

playing with 15.... very odd... surely they had youngsters there to be given a run?

Hardwick asked for the game to be stopped 10 monutes early... maybe when refused he spat out his dummy

• Like 2

Here is one for Alex... One of his pet peeves (#17 in his top 100 pet peeve list Chimpy tells me)

AFL announces new Rule Tinkering Unit...

The AFL has created a new ‘Rule Tinkering Unit’ to enable it to mess around with the laws of the game in ‘innovative and exciting new ways’.

AFL General Manager Football Operations Mark Evans said changing the rules for no real reason is one of the governing body’s strengths but has previously never had the dedicated resources required.

“With this new unit, we’ll be able to tinker with more rules, more often and in sillier ways.”

“Just think, one day we may even be able to tinker with rules mid-game. It’s not something we can do now but that’s the dream.”

New head of the Rule Tinkering Unit Michael Johansson, a former management consultant, said he was excited at the prospect of constantly change things for the sake of it with no real purpose in mind.

“Being a management consultant has taught me to create plans and recommendations devoid of any connection to reality,” said Mr Johansson.

“Changing things for no real reason is how you create busy work that keep people employed and provide stuff for media pundits to argue over.

“Our unit will be able to create constant tinkering work by developing new tinkers to fix things our previous tinkers broke. It’s the closest thing humanity has come to a perpetual motion machine.”

The AFL said the Rule Tinkering Unit is part of it’s restructure which has already seen the overhaul of its Cover Up Unitand the establishment of the Fan Gouging Unit.

http://titusoreily.com/afl-announces-new-rule-tinkering-unit/

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Excerpt from Ross Lyons post match press conference

What’s the plan for the guys who aren’t playing for Peel on the weekend?

They shake my hand Friday, off they go and I see them Monday. We don’t want them to live in a monastery.

We like them to get out, enjoy themselves with their family and friends. It’s one of their last weekends (before round one).

Always apply common sense, hold the club, your family and yourself in good esteem and good self respect and we’re all ok.

The truth is out there:

http://titusoreily.com/afl-players-kept-stables/

Excerpt from Ross Lyons post match press conference

What’s the plan for the guys who aren’t playing for Peel on the weekend?

They shake my hand Friday, off they go and I see them Monday. We don’t want them to live in a monastery.

We like them to get out, enjoy themselves with their family and friends. It’s one of their last weekends (before round one).

Always apply common sense, hold the club, your family and yourself in good esteem and good self respect and we’re all ok.

The truth is out there:

http://titusoreily.com/afl-players-kept-stables/

This bloke writes with his other hand out of sight under the table.

What's the feeling on this deliberate out of bounds?

So far i have not seen one awarded in ones forward line and i feel it's a terrible look grown men crying like babies with their arms out pleading for a free kick when they were second to the ball.

• Like 1

What's the feeling on this deliberate out of bounds?

So far i have not seen one awarded in ones forward line and i feel it's a terrible look grown men crying like babies with their arms out pleading for a free kick when they were second to the ball.

I'm okay with the rule..depends how it is applied come season start

I'm not okay with all this pleading, as u say. Let the Umpires do their job and shut the f.cuk up

Couple of Hawthorn players are the masters of pleading and milking penalties...but every team gets into it now.

• Like 2

I'm glad I live at Cottesloe Beach. But it's even hot down here to walk across the road to have a dip.

I sure would not be interested in running out onto Subiaco oval in this heat.. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

I'm glad I live at Cottesloe Beach. But it's even hot down here to walk across the road to have a dip.

I sure would not be interested in running out onto Subiaco oval in this heat.. facepalm.gif

Perhaps you would be right for a game of golf then. whistling.gif

Fantasy Guru's,if we've joined 2 comps which will be the premier comp as they are both different.

It makes a big difference if bye rounds aren't included,personally i've failed to fit in any Swans,Hawks,Dees,or Saints players.

facepalm.gif Alex as commisioner can you get in touch with leonine times?

Edited by farmerjo

Promising year ahead for we long suffering Demon supporters, Gotta remember that yesterdays winning team was minus top players such as Vandenburg, Dunn, Lamumba, Brayshaw,

Dawes, Petracca, Trengrove etc,

Go Dees.biggrin.png

You are welcome to join the tipping Ozzydoom

• Like 2

Fantasy Guru's,if we've joined 2 comps which will be the premier comp as they are both different.

It makes a big difference if bye rounds aren't included,personally i've failed to fit in any Swans,Hawks,Dees,or Saints players.

facepalm.gif Alex as commisioner can you get in touch with leonine times?

C, look if I invested $90 in afl live that's got to tell you something guys.....I don't waste my money, w....

Chimpy sent me this photo of one of your investments. Your match day pyjamas. The Limited edition Jack Watts Sleepy Time range, signed by the man himself

The flannel saves on heating costs in winter

Stylish enough for any date. Dinner to bed, no need to change

post-147205-0-01353300-1457925243_thumb.

• Like 2

Promising year ahead for we long suffering Demon supporters, Gotta remember that yesterdays winning team was minus top players such as Vandenburg, Dunn, Lamumba, Brayshaw,

Go Dees.biggrin.png

We need you in our fantasy comp, just ask here if your interested, you will be pleased to know the Dee's took the flag in it last season....

• Like 1

Would be pleased to receive details of comps as I have no idea what is involved.

Here is the link to all the details Ozzydom for joining our comp

That tells you how to set it up and the link for the AFL tipping site

If you have any questions at all, send me a PM

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/796787-australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news/?p=10462884

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Go Dees.biggrin.png

Netween you and Alexrrr, i am hearing and sending things U haven't heard from Melbourne supporters for over a decade

Hope.