Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Glass half full time,,,

Two top positions in the Thailand Mob tipping held by Eagles supporters,,,

Essendon only have to win 11 more games to make the top 8.

Bring on round 3.

Yep i know its only round TWO....but I'm in front of Books even though its neck and neck...JO is further behind...

And looks like most of the reg's here got done like a dinner in Fantasy, the AFL put in some good filler teams, only GRANT beat one of them and RIP got over Leon....CHOOKS went down....the wobbles continue..

• Like 1

I forgot i was commissioner...

Looks like the winner this week is Khun Willy Wonka aka Will27 with 5 correct!!

He also moves to the top of the table with a total of 13

Congrats to farmerjo who also picked 5thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I forgot i was commissioner...

Looks like the winner this week is Khun Willy Wonka aka Will27 with 5 correct!!

He also moves to the top of the table with a total of 13

Congrats to farmerjo who also picked 5thumbsup.gif

oops, sorry FJ!

congrats to FJ who also picked 5 this round!

"Buddy's brilliant start no surprise to Swans, says Cunningham"

SYDNEY Swans midfielder Harry Cunningham says Lance Franklin's brilliant start to the season hasn't surprised anyone inside the club.

Franklin has starred in each of the Swans' first two games of the year against Collingwood and Carlton in a stunning return to the competition after last season's off-field issues.

The three-time Coleman medallist had 18 possessions against the Blues and kicked four goals – the exact same output he produced against the Magpies – and has once again stamped himself as one of the competition's premier key forwards.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-04/buddys-brilliant-start-no-surprise-to-swans-says-cunningham

"Demons should consider dropping 'horrific' Hogan, says Lloyd"

CHAMPION full-forward Matthew Lloyd has slammed Melbourne youngster Jesse Hogan, describing his body language as "horrific".

The 21-year-old was well held in the Demons' 13-point loss to Essendon, tallying just one goal from eight disposals and four marks.

Apart from a three-goal last quarter against GWS in round one Hogan has had a lean start to the 2016 season.

The Demons spearhead is regarded as one of the most promising young forwards in the AFL, but Lloyd – a three-time Coleman medallist – said Hogan needed to take a good hard look at his on-field demeanour or else a stint in the VFL could be an option.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-04/demons-should-consider-dropping-horrific-hogan-says-lloyd

• Like 1

"Have the Hawks mentally scarred the Eagles?"

WEST Coast coach Adam Simpson concedes he doesn't know if his players have suffered mental scarring against Hawthorn after the Hawks juggernaut delivered the Eagles a "dose of reality" with another walloping at their MCG fortress on Sunday.

The Grand Final rematch was reminiscent of last year's embarrassing display in the season-decider, with the Eagles again hunted by the Hawks and left shellshocked by the intensity of the contest.

Full match coverage and stats

"It's hard to tell (if there's mental scarring). Looking at it now, I can't argue it," Simpson said post-match.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-03/are-the-eagles-scarred-by-hawks-defeats

• Like 1

CHAMPION full-forward Matthew Lloyd has slammed Melbourne youngster Jesse Hogan, describing his body language as "horrific".

The 21-year-old was well held in the Demons' 13-point loss to Essendon, tallying just one goal from eight disposals and four marks.

Apart from a three-goal last quarter against GWS in round one Hogan has had a lean start to the 2016 season.

The Demons spearhead is regarded as one of the most promising young forwards in the AFL, but Lloyd – a three-time Coleman medallist – said Hogan needed to take a good hard look at his on-field demeanour or else a stint in the VFL could be an option.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-04/demons-should-consider-dropping-horrific-hogan-says-lloyd

Yep he would be close to getting dropped but it aint gonna happen, guys like him even if they only play for 15 min make there mark, me thinks the inclusion of both Bradshaw and Lumumba were a mistake, both are underdone and missed large chunks especially the latter of preseason, the team was obviously unbalanced, I've watched all 5 Dee games and in the first 4 they were hard at it, in the Ess game they were second all day.

Lumumba at the Pies might have been a good running defender, not working at the Dee's, he leaves us very exposed saw it a lot last season and saw it a lot on saturday, it might work when the team is better but not right now, Dunn should have came in instead, a much more solid defender who tackels well and can kick with accuracy.

To be honest the way the defence was under pressure as well as the way Essendon harassed us the ball was never going to be easy to get up forward so Hogan can't be totally blamed for a poor game, hope the Dee's learned something from this.

• Like 2

Yep he would be close to getting dropped but it aint gonna happen, guys like him even if they only play for 15 min make there mark, me thinks the inclusion of both Bradshaw and Lumumba were a mistake, both are underdone and missed large chunks especially the latter of preseason, the team was obviously unbalanced, I've watched all 5 Dee games and in the first 4 they were hard at it, in the Ess game they were second all day.

Lumumba at the Pies might have been a good running defender, not working at the Dee's, he leaves us very exposed saw it a lot last season and saw it a lot on saturday, it might work when the team is better but not right now, Dunn should have came in instead, a much more solid defender who tackels well and can kick with accuracy.

To be honest the way the defence was under pressure as well as the way Essendon harassed us the ball was never going to be easy to get up forward so Hogan can't be totally blamed for a poor game, hope the Dee's learned something from this.

Do not celebrate making the final 8 after just one game?

Do not celebrate making the final 8 after just one game?

Hey you who have had untold success bud out.... We will savor the 10 plus wins this year... And there will be a time were we will looking good, the Essendon game was there to be won we lost it Roos even said it was a selection issue and I've pointed out the culprits, Lumumba is too loose on defence, tries to barge through like a battling ram all the time, any half wit can work him out and beat him, put him on a wing or half forward were that type of play inspires....

Mr Lloyd should remember that Jesse has a similar goal average after just 22 games as he himself did after 3 years at Windy Hill.

As for body language,Matthew was no stranger to regular "hissy fits" when things were not going his way.

It seems that selective memory comes with journalistic license.

Its more the problem some people live and breath listening and reading the crappola thats televised by part time journos, the full time ones are bad enough.

Me i just dont read it...in 2 months time there gonna be saying Hogan will takes us to a Grand final.....Oh watch out when Caroline gets her teeth into a story, she's like an old bulldog.....bit like BOOKS here.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Mr Lloyd should remember that Jesse has a similar goal average after just 22 games as he himself did after 3 years at Windy Hill.

As for body language,Matthew was no stranger to regular "hissy fits" when things were not going his way.

Its more the problem some people live and breath listening and reading the crappola thats televised by part time journos, the full time ones are bad enough.

Me i just dont read it...in 2 months time there gonna be saying Hogan will takes us to a Grand final.....Oh watch out when Caroline gets her teeth into a story, she's like an old bulldog.....bit like BOOKS here.

I see it more about stimulating debate and conversation...voicing an opinion

• Like 2

"Tippett making Sinclair feel at home"

Callum Sinclair is enjoying his football with new teammate and rucking partner Kurt Tippett.

Speaking after his 17-disposal, three-goal performance against Carlton at Etihad Stadium last Sunday the former Eagle spoke of how Tippett had done wonders in terms of helping him feel a worthwhile and productive part of his adopted club.

“He (Tippett) has been great for me,” Sinclair said.

“When you come a new club you just want to make an immediate impact and Kurt has really led the way and set the tone for me since I arrived.

“When Kurt attacks the contests so hard, it’s impossible not to follow his lead.

“Against Collingwood I watched him set the early example at the centre bounces, which really got us going, and he did it again tonight.”

The 26 year-old, who crossed to Sydney in the off-season after managing just 29 games in four seasons with the West Coast Eagles, believes his alliance with Tippett— where the pair rotates equally between key forward post and ruck—could cause some real headaches for opposition defences.

The Tippett-Sinclair combination yielded a match-winning 10 marks inside 50 and an impressive seven goals against the Blues.

“We are both quite mobile for our size and we are natural forwards,” Sinclair said. “With Buddy (Franklin) down there as well—and more often than not attracting the most attention—it sometimes means we can get under the guard of the opposition.

“When you are swapping and changing so much between ruck and forward this can often be case.”

But Sinclair was quick to add that the partnership between himself and Tippett was about more than just causing havoc in the forward half of the ground.

“First and foremost we need to make a genuine contest in the ruck before we drift forward and make an impact on the scoreboard,” he said.

“As ruckmen the centre-bounce clearances and around the ground stoppages are the number one priority for us.

“If Kurt and I can help us gain some ascendency in the middle and provide more supply to assist our forwards then we are doing our job.”

For the second straight week the Swans won the clearance, contested possession and inside-50 battles, which has pleased Sinclair and his coach John Longmire.

“We have been wrapped with our work in this area so far this season, Sinclair said.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/04-16/tippett-making-sinclair-feel-at-home#xTAQgZkoJuEfAw4c.97

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I see it more about stimulating debate and conversation...voicing an opinion

Well there must be around 5 key players in 18 teams which makes 90 players take 30 away cause the teams arnt going anywhere leave you 60 players to scrutinise 22 weeks of a season before finals....and your only picking on HOGAN?

Son of a gun will bag 5 next week, the cheque books will be flapping in the wind again and i never thought much of Loyd anyway...

Teams for this weekend's rounds!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

So gang, apart from the WB/Hawks game, can anyone see any possible upsets?

Ade against Richmond is a tricky one.

Can Freo get on the board against WC?

Essendon a sneaky chance tonight?

GWS should be 2 nil. Can they upset Syd?

The Saints are a chance against Collingwood as well I think.

Good luck fella's.

• Like 2