Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Some interesting developments being announced today by old mate Fitzpatrick....

No more Grand Final replay in the event of a tie, there'll be overtime split into 2 halves (5 minutes each half), if scores are level at the end of OT, they'll play on until somebody scores and the siren will not sound until such time as a team scores..

Which begs the question, how will the players know that the 2nd half of OT has finished if there's no siren to make it known?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-19/no-more-grand-final-replays

Yep only 50 years behind the other codes we think we're better than......

Soccer has had extra time with goal shoot out in all finals since forever and the NFL have sudden death in all games...no draws ever...

And mind you it's well thought out...they still haven't decided if after extra time if the teams are still level will get some sort of notification while there playing on....yep we so professional me thinks....how much $ these guys on?

It seems fairly simple

If the siren sounds in the second period, u have a winner...

How much thought is needed about that?

Yep...how much thought????

I'm talking about thought on the users end

Looks like Jolly still hasn't forgiven Bucks for giving him the flick.

Darren Jolly takes aim at Nathan Buckley and Collingwood’s coaching succession plan

post-69328-0-06484500-1461110469_thumb.j

No more Grand Final replay in the event of a tie, there'll be overtime split into 2 halves (5 minutes each half), if scores are level at the end of OT, they'll play on until somebody scores and the siren will not sound until such time as a team scores..

Which begs the question, how will the players know that the 2nd half of OT has finished if there's no siren to make it known?

Watching a few footy shows this week and the general consensus of the players is that if scores are level at the end of OT, it should be next goal wins not next score. To me, this is better.

Also, should this apply to home and away games and we get rid of the draw? I think so.

Any thoughts?

Looks like Jolly still hasn't forgiven Bucks for giving him the flick.

Darren Jolly takes aim at Nathan Buckley and Collingwood’s coaching succession plan

Big sook should've stayed in Sydney :P

• Like 1

Watching a few footy shows this week and the general consensus of the players is that if scores are level at the end of OT, it should be next goal wins not next score. To me, this is better.

Also, should this apply to home and away games and we get rid of the draw? I think so.

Any thoughts?

Seems they wanted to give 'a behind' more importance :P

Agree it should be next goal wins. Not sure if it should be employed during the H&A season but it should be applied to all finals and not just the grand final.

• Like 2

Any thoughts?

YES WILL....What if team A in extra time kicks or rushes 6 behinds then team B kicks a goal....

Either first score wins it or you have shoot out after extra time if still level....me i think the NFL sudden death is cleaner first score of extra time wins the game...game over in a few min.....of course on the restart both teams will push every player forward to the centre bounce and you can imagine what it will look like...

Really the logical way is no warning first score wins if drawn at full time.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Simon Black on this weeks Open Mike.

WC and Freo really dropped the ball letting this guy go interstate (pick 31).

An interesting fact is that he's the only guy in AFL/VFL history to play 300 game and win a premiership, Norm Smith and Brownlow.

Nice guy

Any thoughts?

YES WILL....What if team A in extra time kicks or rushes 6 behinds then team B kicks a goal....

Either first score wins it or you have shoot out after extra time if still level....me i think the NFL sudden death is cleaner first score of extra time wins the game...game over in a few min.....of course on the restart both teams will push every player forward to the centre bounce and you can imagine what it will look like...

Looks like you're in the minority mate.

Fan furore over 'golden point' for drawn GF​

FOOTBALL fans overwhelmingly disagree with the AFL's decision to have a premiership decided by 'golden point' in the event of scores being level at the end of extra time in a drawn Grand Final.

The AFL announced on Tuesday that the Grand Final replay would be scrapped in favour of extra time if scores were level at the end of four quarters.

The teams would play two five-minute halves each way, plus time on, as has occurred previously in other finals in 1994 and 2007.

It was also confirmed that if scores were level at the end of the second half of extra time then play would continue until the next score, with either a point or a goal being sufficient to secure the premiership.

Following Tuesday's announcement, AFL.com.au conducted a poll on social media asking fans which option they would prefer, first score wins or first goal wins.

At the time of publication, nearly 17,000 fans had voted on both Facebook and Twitter with more than 84 per cent of voters thinking that the first goal should win.

YES WILL....what do you expect from the public?

They all want to live a period home with the latest gadgets and kitchens, all want to drive the latest car they all want salary increases every year but they want there football teams to stand still...and that goes for the game too....

Do you recall the introduction of the interstae clubs? the WhoHar of the Swans being relocated to Sydney, the fall out form Fitzroy being swallowed up by Brisbane....

Same in building mate...every new development is an issue with residents, the state government want to put in a type of sky rail and oh the drama the folks along the line think....like its the end of the world....

The fact is the NFL do it, FIFA (soccer) do it....were out of step with the rest of the world man.

Any thoughts?

FOOTBALL fans overwhelmingly disagree with the AFL's decision to have a premiership decided by 'golden point' in the event of scores being level at the end of extra time in a drawn Grand Final.

The AFL announced on Tuesday that the Grand Final replay would be scrapped in favour of extra time if scores were level at the end of four quarters.

The teams would play two five-minute halves each way, plus time on, as has occurred previously in other finals in 1994 and 2007.

It was also confirmed that if scores were level at the end of the second half of extra time then play would continue until the next score, with either a point or a goal being sufficient to secure the premiership.

Following Tuesday's announcement, AFL.com.au conducted a poll on social media asking fans which option they would prefer, first score wins or first goal wins.

At the time of publication, nearly 17,000 fans had voted on both Facebook and Twitter with more than 84 per cent of voters thinking that the first goal should win.

They all want to live a period home with the latest gadgets and kitchens, all want to drive the latest car they all want salary increases every year but they want there football teams to stand still...and that goes for the game too....

Do you recall the introduction of the interstae clubs? the WhoHar of the Swans being relocated to Sydney, the fall out form Fitzroy being swallowed up by Brisbane....

Same in building mate...every new development is an issue with residents, the state government want to put in a type of sky rail and oh the drama the folks along the line think....like its the end of the world....

The fact is the NFL do it, FIFA (soccer) do it....were out of step with the rest of the world man.

Mate, the players are saying it should be a goal as well.

Melboune storm captain Cam Smith thinks it should be a goal. He also reckons rugby should be a golden try, not point.

Personally, I'd hate to see a GF won by a rushed behind.

Hard to compare AFL to soccer. If soccer didn't have penalty shoot outs and had to rely on a goal, the game could go for daystongue.png

• Like 2

Any thoughts?

Afl is not bloody soccer thank christ. If it starts adopting the ways of that silly game where players cry if the accidently make contact the the game is dead. Unlike soccer, football is a contact sport.
  • Like 1

Any thoughts?

Afl is not bloody soccer thank christ. If it starts adopting the ways of that silly game where players cry if the accidently make contact the the game is dead. Unlike soccer, football is a contact sport.

You really shouldn't critize soccer they do have contact but it needs to be within the rules no point going into details here because if you dont watch it you wouldn't know...and to drag tackling in over extra time etc is stupid....might be a wake up call to you that Allen Jeans started it...they adopted soccer tactics and style and put it into our game...we see it every week now...yes MATE that kick across the ground...that kick back across goal...that Barassie use to go ape over the keeping possession are soccer tactics and before you lam blast me watch a few games before putting mouth into gear....

Getting back to extra time....nothing wrong in my mind with a new game if drawn....this is how its been why change it? BUT if it must be changed then how about clear direction form the people who run the comp....fancy changing the rules and not yet having an out come.....really would you like to have these people in charge of you if you were going into battle and they were your commanders?....Like I've said for the last few years....they guys running the AFL haven't got a clue.....they shoow it all the time......That game your so quick too shit on...have had less than a hand full of rule changes in 100 years....think about it.

Melboune storm captain Cam Smith thinks it should be a goal. He also reckons rugby should be a golden try, not point.

Hard to compare AFL to soccer. If soccer didn't have penalty shoot outs and had to rely on a goal, the game could go for daystongue.png

WILL....really....F***k the players....they not running it...who is Cam? F***k him too, thats Rugby....we dont talk Rugby here, How come all of a sudden its be come a problem 150 years later....i advocate leaving it as it is....but sudden death sounds good to me if a change is needed.

WILL....really....F***k the players....they not running it...who is Cam? F***k him too, thats Rugby....we dont talk Rugby here, How come all of a sudden its be come a problem 150 years later....i advocate leaving it as it is....but sudden death sounds good to me if a change is needed.

It is Rugby League actually. Rugby is Rugby Union.

We continually hear about soccer so why not the other codes

• Like 1

The change was primarily introduced as we now have a national

competition. It wouldn't be fair for an interstate club to travel

back to Melbourne for the replay.

I think fans and both players would prefer a result on the day as well.

Let's be honest though, the chance of a draw and then the scores

still being level after another 10 minutes would be remote.

• Like 2

Well....the websites for Fantasy and tipping continue at least for me to be like a out of control woman during her period......today i went to trade out a Richmond player for an Essendon player and got a Swan instead.....and that was on the computer....couldnt reverse the trade looked everywhere without it costing me 2 changes so i have to suck it....jumped on the iPad to do the second change as i didn't want to get caught again...mama mia.....

Think i have an idea why when tipping especially the first game why the team gets changed, I'm use to sliding the points calculator to the right....must slide it under the team your picking....hope it helps....

I know who Cam is....captain of Storm...and you will be pleased to know the Aleague season is almost over, Victory knocked out in the first finals game last week and took a hiding in China during the week so next game in 2 weeks is must win for them to continue in the ACL....which is The Asians Champions League.

I know who Cam is....captain of Storm...and you will be pleased to know the Aleague season is almost over, Victory knocked out in the first finals game last week and took a hiding in China during the week so next game in 2 weeks is must win for them to continue in the ACL....which is The Asians Champions League.

And honestly Alex, on this thread, nobody gives an absolute <deleted> about the A League... So enough with it already...

Well....the websites for Fantasy and tipping continue at least for me to be like a out of control woman during her period......today i went to trade out a Richmond player for an Essendon player and got a Swan instead.....and that was on the computer....couldnt reverse the trade looked everywhere without it costing me 2 changes so i have to suck it....jumped on the iPad to do the second change as i didn't want to get caught again...mama mia.....

Think i have an idea why when tipping especially the first game why the team gets changed, I'm use to sliding the points calculator to the right....must slide it under the team your picking....hope it helps....

Underneath where your team's name is, you should, see two options "ROLLBACK TEAM" and "REVERSE TRADES" that'll allow you to cancel any <deleted> ups in the event you forget who you wanted to trade out/in ;)

I don't mind the idea of it being decided by a point, but a rushed behind surely has to be ruled out of bounds during OT with the boundary ump throwing the ball back in or the ump giving it a ball up. That being said given that any point is going to win the game, in theory the rushed behind wouldn't be a viable option for half the players. It will need to be addressed by the AFL...

• Like 1

I don't mind the idea of it being decided by a point, but a rushed behind surely has to be ruled out of bounds during OT with the boundary ump throwing the ball back in or the ump giving it a ball up. That being said given that any point is going to win the game, in theory the rushed behind wouldn't be a viable option for half the players. It will need to be addressed by the AFL...

Storm in a teacup i reckon

A behind point could decide any normal game, or final or GF 5 seconds before regular time.

We don't have a rule now stating the last score of a Grand Final has to be a goal, so why does the decider in an overtime situation need to be a goal?

• Like 2

Just don't know who to tip this week. Gone saints and Freo but the rest umm.

Get on the Pies, Chook. They're due for a win [emoji12]

[emoji835]️[emoji836]️[emoji835]️[emoji836]️[emoji835]️

Collingwood is a tricky one i reckon. Do the Pies come out swinging and motivated? Or are they so demoralized they will capitulate?

St Kilda a Def chance over GWS... GWS got an 'easy' pass against Port lat week...

Adealide will smask the Hawks

WCE will beat Sudney, due to Sydney not having the defence they need. Teddy Richard is playing poorly and looks old...Butterfingers Reid injured, Rohan injured, Talia injured....Mcveigh, Grundy and Teddy..3 oldies need to go for it this week

Callum Sinclair is back in...as is hewitt..Zak Jones still out

Expect Melbourne to beat Richmond... Richmond are sure they will make the finals...forget how.

Carlton a very very good chance to beat Freo this week