Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Chimps was out with Michael Saturday night , but he swears this has nothing to do with him. Personally i was a bit suspicious when Chimps came home and started vacuuming the carpets and cleaning the skirting boards at 5am.

I was just thinking the other week the Swans were doing well to avoid any drugs controversies of late. I guess this is what happens when we recruit a Western bulldogs reject...

I was hoping to see him play down back again this year..with Zak Jones injured now..all the more needed. Maybe we can move Teddy back down back and his brother Xavier can go forward

You sure it wasn't Chimps?

Somchai was chatting with his cousin Somkid who runs the Som Tum racket in Double Bay and she said that Talia was with spotted with an unidentified 'male' outside a nightclub. Somkid also said that it was Charlie and not Molly or Mary Jane.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/teams/sydney/sydney-swans-player-michael-talia-has-been-stood-down-after-arrest/news-story/e346a16214866c4dc58d408f6074937c

Police then searched the AFL star and allegedly found a small amount of a substance believed to be cocaine in his possession.

The club issued a statement this morning confirming that Talia had been stood down with immediate effect.

General manager of football Tom Harley says the Swans take the matter very seriously.

“It’s extremely disappointing to have one of our players in this situation,” Harley said.

“Given the seriousness of the charges we have made the decision to stand Michael down from training and club activities as we gather the facts.

“Our decision is in no way a reflection of judgment, but rather an interim measure as the matter is investigated by police.

“All of our players are educated about drug use and the AFL’s illicit drugs policy, as well as our club’s firm view on drug issues.

“We will work through this matter with Michael from a legal, welfare and education perspective to ensure he receives the necessary support.”

Talia was charged with possession of a prohibited substance and will have to appear at Waverley court on August 17.

AFL Players Association player relations boss Brett Murphy said: “The AFL Players’ Association is aware that Michael Talia has been charged by NSW police over the weekend and will face court next month.”

“We have been in contact with Michael and his management to ensure he is aware of the legal and wellbeing support services available to him through the Players’ Association.”

“Given the matter is before the courts, it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time.”

Tipping results are in and the winner this week is Thechook!

Chooks has tipped a very nice 8/9 to win the week and move into 2nd place on the ladder!

The tipsters have stretched out ever so slightly now with 6 points separating the top 10...Still..anyone in the top 10 could realistically still win this year. Carlton, Essendon, St Kilda, Port, and Fremantle are all outside the 8 but are playing like they can all produce an upset against the top 8 teams.

Chookas 8/9 sees him leapfrog into third place on 105 points equal with alexRRR..with KhunWilly Wonka still heading the list on 106 points

Spewing, should have put my Dockers Comp tips here instead of what I did put here.

If I had of done that, I would be sitting in 3rd and winning the round with a margin of 4.

( I know, if the cow hadn't of calved it wouldn't have split it's .... )

ROUND TIPS 8/9 ROUND RANK 65 RANK CHANGE + 170 MARGIN 4

• Like 1

<p>

Welcome to the clubs fella'stongue.pngMichael Talia arrested for possession of drugs SYDNEY Swan Michael Talia was arrested early Sunday morning in Double Bay and charged with being in possession of a quantity of a prohibited substance.He will appear in the Waverley Local Court next month.Swans general manager of football Tom Harley says club takes the matter very seriously."It's extremely disappointing to have one of our players in this situation," Harley said in a statement. More to come

Here's a bit more... Probably gets a "Section 10" and won't play for the Swans again this year. Will pay his dues and do his penance and will be back in time for NAB Cup 2017... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-18/michael-talia-arrested-for-possession-of-drugs- SYDNEY Swans defender Michael Talia has been stood down by the club after being arrested for drug possession on Sunday morning.Talia, 23, was arrested in Sydney's eastern suburbs and has been charged with being in possession of a quantity of a prohibited substance and will appear in Waverley Local Court next month.Swans general manager of football Tom Harley said the club was taking the matter very seriously."It's extremely disappointing to have one of our players in this situation," he said."Given the seriousness of the charges we have made the decision to stand Michael (Talia) down from training and club activities as we gather the facts."Our decision is in no way a reflection of judgment, but rather an interim measure as the matter is investigated by police."All of our players are educated about drug use and the AFL's illicit drugs policy, as well as our club's firm view on drug issues."We will work through this matter with Michael from a legal, welfare and education perspective to ensure he receives the necessary support."The defender has played just one game for the Swans this season, against Collingwood in round one.After suffering a severe foot injury against the Magpies he was placed on the club's long-term injury list.Talia arrived in Sydney from the Western Bulldogs at the end of last year via the trade period after his time at Whitten Oval ended in controversy.Following their loss to Adelaide in the 2015 elimination final, the Bulldogs asked the AFL's integrity unit to investigate rumours of game-sensitive information being shared by Talia who wasn't picked for the game - with his brother, Crows defender Daniel, ahead of the match.The investigation cleared Talia of any wrongdoing, but his time at the Dogs ended on a sour note.
Chimps was out with Michael Saturday night , but he swears this has nothing to do with him. Personally i was a bit suspicious when Chimps came home and started vacuuming the carpets and cleaning the skirting boards at 5am. I was just thinking the other week the Swans were doing well to avoid any drugs controversies of late. I guess this is what happens when we recruit a Western bulldogs reject...I was hoping to see him play down back again this year..with Zak Jones injured now..all the more needed. Maybe we can move Teddy back down back and his brother Xavier can go forward
Essendon will have 1st pick in draft, maybe they can trade with Sydney

9. Slow Demons — again

RAN out of speed and puff in the final quarter on Sunday, which is not uncommon for Melbourne at Etihad Stadium. Beaten earlier in the season at the same ground by the same team, coach Paul Roos said his

team was too slow. He’d probably say the same. That and not enough contributors. They are a frustrating team, the Demons. They play finals-type footy at the ‘G and then get exposed like mugs at Etihad. This should’ve been a 10-goal loss.

Thats very unfair, they blitz early and came back hard in the 3rd controlled the game till mid second term, experience is what its all about, the midfield still needs a couple of prime movers just nothing moved around the centre and Gawn was reasonably well held with the Saints feeding off his taps when he was a clear winner, took Jones half a game to get going same for Viney, Saints are known to be a very quick team once they get going, wasn't that we were slow the midfield let us down.

Defence is in need of a class act dont look like Garland will stand up except for MacDonald who hasn't signed yet and Jetta the bunch of guys down back have only been in it a short time, Dee's have there eyes on that Bomber forget his name a key defender they dont want to loose assuming we get to keep MacDonald and another year under there belt next season is when the Dee's are ready to make a stament.

• Like 2

Thanks JoBlow for half time Fantasy update,

Well i came back hard but the DD's were piped by the weakest AFL player by a mere 27points 1983 was a dam good score last year...in fact all TV members playing an AFL player were beaten.

Its up to you now JoBlow to fight for our honour your up against nic nat in the first week of the finals...good luck son.

I now officially retire from Fantasy football, a 50% flag winning record is a great achievement ( pats on back ) going to get out while the goings good and get a job in the media like Leigh Mathews.

I also hand over the batten of Fantasy football commentator to you JoBlow, you did an excellent job while i was out of action so let us know how you go.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

9. Slow Demons again

RAN out of speed and puff in the final quarter on Sunday, which is not uncommon for Melbourne at Etihad Stadium. Beaten earlier in the season at the same ground by the same team, coach Paul Roos said his

team was too slow. Hed probably say the same. That and not enough contributors. They are a frustrating team, the Demons. They play finals-type footy at the G and then get exposed like mugs at Etihad. This shouldve been a 10-goal loss.

Thats very unfair, they blitz early and came back hard in the 3rd controlled the game till mid second term, experience is what its all about, the midfield still needs a couple of prime movers just nothing moved around the centre and Gawn was reasonably well held with the Saints feeding off his taps when he was a clear winner, took Jones half a game to get going same for Viney, Saints are known to be a very quick team once they get going, wasn't that we were slow the midfield let us down.

Defence is in need of a class act dont look like Garland will stand up except for MacDonald who hasn't signed yet and Jetta the bunch of guys down back have only been in it a short time, Dee's have there eyes on that Bomber forget his name a key defender they dont want to loose assuming we get to keep MacDonald and another year under there belt next season is when the Dee's are ready to make a stament.

They are a below average side who keep getting thier &lt;deleted&gt; kicked by an average side. Geez they can't even travel 3.5kms from the MCG to Etihad without suffering jetlag
  • Like 1

The plot thickens...

1468837133691.jpg

Sydney defender Michael Talia was with Hawthorn's Jono O'Rourke when the Swans player was arrested by police in possession of cocaine outside a Sydney nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/sydney-swans-player-michael-talia-charged-with-possession-of-cocaine-20160718-gq8avs.html

• Like 1

Well i came back hard but the DD's were piped by the weakest AFL player by a mere 27points 1983 was a dam good score last year...in fact all TV members playing an AFL player were beaten.

Its up to you now JoBlow to fight for our honour your up against nic nat in the first week of the finals...good luck son.

I now officially retire from Fantasy football, a 50% flag winning record is a great achievement ( pats on back ) going to get out while the goings good and get a job in the media like Leigh Mathews.

I also hand over the batten of Fantasy football commentator to you JoBlow, you did an excellent job while i was out of action so let us know how you go.

GrannysApples is our star performer. Up against The Traders in the qualifying final. Tough ask but I have faith he will be up for it.

• Like 1

9. Slow Demons again

team was too slow. Hed probably say the same. That and not enough contributors. They are a frustrating team, the Demons. They play finals-type footy at the G and then get exposed like mugs at Etihad. This shouldve been a 10-goal loss.

They are a below average side who keep getting thier <deleted> kicked by an average side. Geez they can't even travel 3.5kms from the MCG to Etihad without suffering jetlag

Time you changed the cd in the car stereo Mr Chooks its been on repeat for like 10 weeks......by the way i said last year we would win 10 games and threaten for the 8 at not time have i said they were finals material, its fair to say at this stage of the season the Dee's are the biggest improvers......so where does that leave your team?

Ps...they had you guys looking pretty slow there for a while....

GrannysApples is our star performer. Up against The Traders in the qualifying final. Tough ask but I have faith he will be up for it.

After the traders gave me a spanking on the weekend,i've decided to hold royal commission.tongue.png

I've written down all his players and when time will add up their value to see if he's breached salary cap restrictions.

I doubt he has but would be nice to know the art of having so many star studded players in your side.

Good luck to those who made the finals.

After the traders gave me a spanking on the weekend,i've decided to hold royal commission.tongue.png

I've written down all his players and when time will add up their value to see if he's breached salary cap restrictions.

I doubt he has but would be nice to know the art of having so many star studded players in your side.

Good luck to those who made the finals.

Yes id like to know too....the Traders are 3 guys, they should be banned you know 3 heads getting together, really pissed me having to play agains professional footballers who know the inns and outs of most teams...you can see the ladder cant you, very unfair.

The values of players rise and fall so that wont hold water Fj you should do what I'm doing and show your disgust to the AFL and bail out of next years comp.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Next year try and encourage more teams from TV or as you suggested earlier in the year we all have 2 teams.

While scrounging around in the AFL website i saw something, forget now but the AFL blocks you from having more than one Fantasy team yet allows that Fantasy team in multi leagues, to get a second team in your going to have to have a new email address and new name, not impossible I'm sure it could be done since JoBlow is the new captain fantastic you can try it out for the gang son....

Sunday July 31, 13:20.

Dockers v Swans at Subi

Pav set to play his 350th game.

Got a seat. Excited.

Who wins? Syd or Freo.. I dont really care.

Just be happy to see The Pav kick a signature goal.

I hope the Dockers put up a fight for the great man.

If the big Pavlova played for a Melbourne team, he would be (even more) revered.

Dockers v Swans at Subi

Got a seat. Excited.

If the big Pavlova played for a Melbourne team, he would be (even more) revered.

A club doesn't shoot down the ladder to the depths like the Dockers have unless there is an issue with who leads, thats been the case in the past, to say they haven't been able to adapt to new rules as one writer suggested is BS.

Dee's along with Tigers and now the Blues have feelers out for Suns's Dion Prestia, Dee's working overtime to snare a few more "big" players seemingly Bomber Hibberd still hasn't committed and could leave thanks to the supplement saga even with 1 more year on his contract and its to the MCG his most likely new home if he chooses to leave, at this late stage of the season its becoming more likely.

Nick Stevens will plead guilty to 2 charges of causing injury to his former partner, he was convicted last march on 12 charges along with jail time and an order to complete a 12 month community correction order and a fine of $400, he is pictured leaving court with a new girl friend, he appealed the sentence but now has dropped it and will face court thursday, really violence, threats and intimidation deserve to be thrown in prison for ever.

Message from Age writer Rohan Connolly.....North Melb need a dose of harden up, he says in `119 years of league football only 17 teams mange to win the first 9 games of a season, 13 of those went on to play in a grand final with 10 winning it the rest fared pretty well, none have finished lower than 4th, the Roos could and look like they might not even make the 8, which Collingwood and those fantastic Saints will turn up in the next 2 weeks?

Dockers v Swans at Subi

Got a seat. Excited.

A club doesn't shoot down the ladder to the depths like the Dockers have unless there is an issue with who leads, thats been the case in the past, to say they haven't been able to adapt to new rules as one writer suggested is BS.

Maybe losing Mundy, Fyfe, Sandilands, Johnston and Bennell had something to do with the sliderolleyes.gif

BTW, he isn't captain this year anyway.

Take 5 of the best out of most teams, probably with the exception of the Hawks and you will get a steep decline,

although probably not to the extent the Dockers have gone to.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about his captaincy role, I was talking about him as a player.

His records stacks up well against Hird and Riewoldt.

Virtually carried the Dockers for years.

I still maintain if we was playing in Melbourne, he would've gotten even more accolades.

• Like 2

Buckley uses the F word for Collingwood fans...

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has piled the pressure on North Melbourne, declaring Friday night's clash a mini-final as the Magpies try to keep their season alive.

After being unbeaten in their first nine games, North Melbourne have nosedived down the ladder and could miss the finals.While Port Adelaide and St Kilda have been talked about as chances to take the Kangaroos' spot in September, Buckley said his team hasn't ruled out a late surge into the eight.

"No, not at all," Buckley said on Tuesday before training.

"We better win this weekend if we want to stay in the mix but we're not looking beyond Friday night.

"We see this as a finals game, we'll definitely be coming with finals-type intensity.

"We're really content to be able to put our reputations and stake our claims in regards to that because if you want to see a finals-type game with high pressure, I reckon come along on Friday night."

After the game against North, the Magpies have an intriguing run home.

They host West Coast at the MCG, followed by

a winnable game against Richmond at the MCG and then go up against the Western Bulldogs.

They finish with a home game against Gold Coast at Etihad Stadium and a round 23 clash against Hawthorn.

Although the Pies have a low percentage (91.8), they remain a legitimate chance to play in September.

Buckley wasn't scared to put the magnifying glass squarely on the Kangaroos, with the Magpies coach believing their opponents will be out to prove a point when the first ball is bounced.

"The focus that is on [Todd Goldstein's] performances and on North's generally is something that will sting the Roos quite a bit.

"We're expecting them to be playing their best fo

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-season-2016-collingwood-coach-nathan-buckley-piles-pressure-on-kangaroos-20160719-gq96nt.html

• Like 1

Dockers v Swans at Subi

Got a seat. Excited.

Maybe losing Mundy, Fyfe, Sandilands, Johnston and Bennell had something to do with the sliderolleyes.gif

Take 5 of the best out of most teams, probably with the exception of the Hawks and you will get a steep decline,

Anyway, I wasn't talking about his captaincy role, I was talking about him as a player.

I still maintain if we was playing in Melbourne, he would've gotten even more accolades.

Don't forget the loss of Luke McPharlin from last years team.

• Like 2

I reckon you take 5 of the best out of Hawthorn and they too would fall. Hodge, Mitchell, Rioli, Lewis & Roughhead (for example) you take a huge chunk of experience and toughness out which can't be instantly replaced by the likes of Gunston, Breust, Sicily, Frawley or Hill.

I think they'd fall back to being a competitive Top 8 side instead of being a constant Top 4 premiership threat, like North Melbourne but with more toughness...

boo hoobah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

• Like 1

AFL fans want to watch the best teams play on Friday night

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fans-want-to-watch-the-best-teams-play-on-friday-night/news-story/98c6a2dbaf2f683781a2a5fb2b88a059

Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, North Melbourne and Richmond comprise the top five for viewer numbers, the Tigers by dint of the large number of prime-time games they have been afforded.

There is bad news for some Melbourne clubs battling in the lower reaches of the ladder and hoping for Friday night action next season — St Kilda, Melbourne and Carlton don’t rate in either of Foxtel’s or Seven’s list of the top-10 most-watched games.

THE BIG GAMES ON THE SMALL SCREEN

Channel Seven

1. R9 Hawthorn v Sydney — 958,000

2. R5 Hawthorn v Adelaide — 936,000

3. R13 North Melbourne v Hawthorn — 933,000

4. R8 Adelaide v Geelong — 924,000

5. R10 Sydney v North Melbourne — 918,000

6. R2 Collingwood v Richmond — 893,000

7. R6 North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs — 875,000

8. R5 Collingwood v Essendon — 871,000

9. R17 Sydney v Hawthorn — 841,000

10. R17 Fremantle v Geelong — 814,000