Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Nic nat 1360 v joboss 1119 -241

The Traders 1922 v GrantsApples 1669 -253

Get behind us boys..

When Rockloff comes out and has a 100 point first half and he's in your opponents side and not yours, things are going to be tough.

Kid needs to be put under the pump in the media more often!

I guess he's not the Captain for nothing.

Good talent spotting by Nic Nat.

Im currently hauling the human dish mop in.

1530 1625 -95

You have a second chance next week.

Washed out of the Fantasy Finals by Nic Nat dish mop.

His team fired with 7 players scoring 100+ not including his Captain.

Disappointing day for my team with several turning in an average performance.

Arrrrr well, its been a fun ride,,,

I have instructions for my scouts to cover all of the remaining games at AFL, State and lesser league levels.

2017 will see the joboss dominators a powerful team stocked with talent, depth and emerging stars.

Good luck GrannysApples. You can put out Jacks Flash spark.

Thats what i thought to...beginners luck, retire and you will never be forgotten...go back and get sacked.

Tipping results are in and it look like 6 people tipped 6/9 in a tough round

BigWazz and ron19 shared the honours of best margin for the round.

Will27 has a very handy 2 point buffer out the front of the pack on 112 points

an 8/9 would have been a game breaker that round..

Next week..more difficult games!

Congrats to ron19 and BigWazz for getting the chocolates.

Yes BookMan, some tricky ones again next round.

Geelong versus the WB's, WCE & Coll plus North and St Kilda could all go either way.

Top sides can't afford to relax.

GWS went from 7th to 2nd after todays game.

The Hawks seem to have a lock on top spot unfortunately.

will be at the north/saints game in a north box thanks to a mate from Jetstar. 4 off the lead now, 5 rounds to go so time for some roughies. Saints to beat the roos
  • Like 2

Your a gentleman Mr Will slowly pulling away from the pack....take it one game at a time, I'm surprised I'm second after the bloodbath of this weekend, 5 well caught up in the end 6 is astounding....Chooks was breathing down my neck he's back with Bookie and Fj well i dont have to worry about them for a little while...

WILL back to back? Money in the bank...

• Like 1

Your a gentleman Mr Will slowly pulling away from the pack....take it one game at a time, I'm surprised I'm second after the bloodbath of this weekend, 5 well caught up in the end 6 is astounding....Chooks was breathing down my neck he's back with Bookie and Fj well i dont have to worry about them for a little while...

looks like a two peat coming for khun will.

broken away at seasons end

Washed out of the Fantasy Finals by Nic Nat dish mop.

His team fired with 7 players scoring 100+ not including his Captain.

Disappointing day for my team with several turning in an average performance.

Arrrrr well, its been a fun ride,,,

I have instructions for my scouts to cover all of the remaining games at AFL, State and lesser league levels.

2017 will see the joboss dominators a powerful team stocked with talent, depth and emerging stars.

Good luck GrannysApples. You can put out Jacks Flash spark.

Thats what i thought to...beginners luck, retire and you will never be forgotten...go back and get sacked.

Reality check,,

You cannot get sacked from a fantasy

Im not going to retire, I would prefer to see my fantasies through to a happy ending..

Your a dirty dirty man....how dare you bring the game into disrepute....your going to be a one season coach....

Good to see Slobbo true to form.

West Coast get a 2nd dislike in a row for an ugly win while the likes of Richmond, who only kicked 5 goals for the game get a like for forming a guard of honour for Sam Mitchell.
Also could make a case for GWS getting like for a gutsy come from behind win on the road, but they aren't Victorian.
Boomer Harvey, Jimmy Bartell and Corey Enright all get likes for milestone games this week. Perhaps he just forgot about the big Pavlova's 350th.
Oh well, us non-Victorian supporters wouldn't be surprised.
MARK ROBINSON reveals his likes and dislikes from Round 18.

1. Cats on song

Why oh why do you pick against Geelong at Geelong? Been a struggle for a while for Geelong, but a lot fell into place against the Crows, who don’t handle the Cats at all well.

No surprises that when the Geelong midfield plays well, the chances of victory rocket. The midfield group had plus-18 contested possessions (Adelaide’s second-worst result of the year)

and plus-9 inside 50s (Adelaide’s worst result since Round 8 when they last played Geelong).

2. And who was happy with that?

Tommy Hawkins. Talk about struggle, but Hawkins did it Saturday night against elite opposition in Daniel Talia. Kicked four goals, took five marks and looked powerful and aggressive.

Coach Chris Scott has supported Hawkins for an extended period and has been pretty open about his discussions with Hawkins and he would be rapt with the result.

3. Tom II

To borrow a line from iconic TV commentator Peter Landy, Brisbane skipper Tom Rockliff was in more trouble than the early explorers heading into yesterday’s game against Essendon.

Said to be drinking too much, expanding the waistline and the problem child at the Lions, claims which Rockliff and the Lions rejected, the skipper yesterday was supreme. Had 38 disposals,

12 marks, nine tackles, seven clearances, six inside 50s and two fingers for everyone who has questioned him.

4. Intensity v intensity

Be nice to be a St Kilda supporter today because more than any time this season, the belief in where this club is heading is strong. When they’re mentally right, when they’re playing with intensity, they’re a formidable outfit.

To beat the Bulldogs, you have to make a stand in the midfield and that’s exactly what the Saints did. They were plus-19 disposals, plus-three contested possessions, plus-14 uncontested possessions and minus-1 clearances.

Getting tired of typing Jack Steven every second weekend, but there’s no denying his standing in the game. His 39 disposals follow two 40-disposal games this season (Round 9 and 16) and you

could make an argument he is now a top 10 player of the competition.

5. North Melbourne

The football world was watching and they responded on the back of a Hawthorn-like front-half swarm of pressure. The Kangaroos recorded a forward-half pressure factor of 181 against Collingwood

which was their second highest pressure reading since Round 5. They laid 15 tackles inside 50m after laying just five tackles inside 50 against Port Adelaide the week before and forced 36 forward-half turnovers,

their third most ever. Rapt for Drew Petrie as well. He was front and centre in the swarm and finished with seven marks, seven tackles and two goals.

6. Patrick Cripps

Just 21 and in his 39th game, Cripps has reeled off three of his finest games in the navy blue. In Round 16, it was 27 disposals and 12 clearances. In Round 17, it was 29 and 12 clearances and on Saturday,

against the most bruising midfield in the competition in Sydney, it was 32, 11 clearances and 12 tackles. The Blues lost, but won more admirers, led by Cripps and Bryce Gibbs in the midfield. Off the top of the head,

can’t think of a more accomplished 21-year-old in the game and can’t think of a young midfielder in the past 40 years who has had as much an impact in his first 39 games as Cripps — and that includes Chris Judd.

7. Alex Sexton

He’s 22, just played his 51st game and is one of those young players the Suns are hoping to be the next wave of leaders. In a nondescript affair, Sexton had his breakout game. He spent a period of the match

on Stephen Hill and along with that conquest, he managed career-highs in ranking points (111), disposals (26), metres gained (715), clearances (eight) and inside 50s (14). It is a slog for the Suns with so many

injuries, but the positive is players such as Sexton see high-level action.

8. Brad Hill

Might be a genius, Clarko — yet again — after Brad Hill played with a freedom that we haven’t see too much of this season. Last week against Sydney was the start and on Sunday Hill put together his first 30-possession game for the season.

With Clarkson putting on record Hill’s desire to play at Fremantle next season, just maybe an took a heap of pressure off the 23-year-old. More games like that one and it will be a first-round selection trade or Hill won’t be going anywhere.

9. Respect

Richmond did it with class, forming a guard of honour for 300-gamer Sam Mitchell at the MCG. Pity the Pies couldn’t do the same for Adelaide’s Scott Thompson the previous week.

10. A week for the giants

Brent “Boomer” Harvey breaks Michael Tuck’s games record, which will be a monumental moment. By the end of this week, after the media saturation, there won’t be anything you didn’t know about the little champ.

At Geelong on Friday night, Jimmy Bartel and Corey Enright celebrate milestones — 300 games for Bartel and 325 for Enright, a club record — which makes the clash against Western Bulldogs a must-see for Cats fans.

DISLIKES

1. Hope they were tanking

Yes, the Bombers were so insipid against Brisbane that tanking would give them an out. But because nobody believes tanking exists, we can then suggest yesterday was one of their worst performances of the year.

On the road and under extreme scrutiny, the Lions embarrassed the Bombers. Zach Merrett and Brendon Goddard aside, and also Darcy Parish who continues to perform in his first season, the Bombers lacked oomph

and skill and the decision-making was poor. Anyway, they get pick No.1 in the draft and the pre-season draft and we all move on.

2. Broken bones

Have not watched footage of Mitch Wallis snapping his leg and don’t plan to. Can remember Michael Voss breaking his leg and Nathan Brown and Michael Barlow and still shudder at the thought. Horrible blow for Wallis

and the Dogs, for Wallis is one of the young generals in the midfield and a key plank in the premiership campaign. Add Jack Redpath’s ACL injury and Saturday night might be remembered as the season killer.

3. The wailing

Heart-wrenching scenes in the rooms. The players came in after the game and Wallis, still on the cart, was wailing in pain in the middle of the warm-up room. When Luke Beveridge spoke to the players in the players’ room,

Wallis could still be heard through the walls, causing several players to cry for their fallen teammate.

“It was horrific,” one Dogs official said. “It was persistent wailing and a number of players were crying.”

When the meeting was over, the players went to Wallis and put a hand on him, just as the ambulance arrived.

“I won’t forget it,” the official said.

4. Jack Redpath

One of the most popular players at the club, Redpath’s injury — which also distressed his teammates — means he will require a third knee reconstruction. Just 25, Redpath required two operations

before he was drafted and this latest setback is to his other knee. Let’s hope his strength of character pushes him to continue his career.

“It’s a traumatic night and it will test us,” Beveridge said.

Fair to say, Redpath has been tested before and overcome.

5. Melbourne

We can pat them on the back and talk of gallantry, but that wears thin pretty quick. Fact is, the Demons lost this game when they should’ve won it and you’d think coach Paul Roos would’ve been filthy.

The inside 50 count was 66-37, yet the Demons could only muster 8.10 and just two behinds in the final quarter. It’s seems like a “nearly” year for Melbourne.

6. Flighty Eagles

The struggles on the road are well documented, but this was a struggle and a half at home. Their time in forward half differential of -26:50 minutes was its worst ever differential at Subiaco.

It’s staggering they won the game and if not for Matt Priddis (24 disposals, 15 tackles), Luke Shuey and a back group who was mighty while under siege, they wouldn’t have won.

7. Ben Sinclair’s head

Big decisions to be made with Sinclair after yet another concussion. Let’s hope he can get a good crack at footy if or when he returns, but it remains to be seen if he makes it back this season. Off the top of the head,

it’s about four concussions for him and he just might be wondering if AFL footy is for him. He’s either desperately unlucky or has an issue with head knocks and if it’s the latter it could mean a career is in jeopardy.

8. Marley’s aggression

Marley Williams wouldn’t be the first young player who has struggled balancing aggression at the man and at the ball, but he has to get his head around the fact he doesn’t have to push and shove and knock down players

every time he wants to. That was rubbish what he did to Lindsay Thomas, which gave up a goal.

9. One last thing

Just say you’re coaching Essendon, just say you didn’t want to win, just say you had one choice of player to shut down to give your Bombers the best chance of winning. Just saying my mum even knows that Daniel Rich

can’t handle a tag and despite him coming off a back flank, the Bombers didn’t put any time into him. It didn’t go unnoticed from the commentariat either. On SEN Radio, former Bomber Scott Lucas joked that he would leave

the radio box and tag Rich because no one else was.

• Like 1

A win for Port tomorrow the Swans will be 2nd. Go Port thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edit

There will be 5 teams on 48 points.

If GWS win they will move into 2nd and there will be 6 teams on 48 points.

What a contest for the top 4.

Bulldogs have suffered some major injuries in tonights game. They have a big game against Geelong on Friday.

Apart from the loss, two big injuries for the Bulldogs.

I wonder if it will knock the stuffing out of them for this year.

They might find it difficult to come back from this round.

Are you playing mind games with me again AlexRRRtongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

5. Melbourne

We can pat them on the back and talk of gallantry, but that wears thin pretty quick. Fact is, the Demons lost this game when they should’ve won it and you’d think coach Paul Roos would’ve been filthy.

The inside 50 count was 66-37, yet the Demons could only muster 8.10 and just two behinds in the final quarter. It’s seems like a “nearly” year for Melbourne.

Yep i agree...nearly isn't good enough, great game though but we weren't in front when it counted, thats experience when your not having a great day and your been pressured you can do enough to get over the line....always next season.

• Like 1

Easy big fella.

Still 45 home and away games to go. A long way from home yet.

I've also got a poor margin so in reality, it's a 1 game buffer.

• Like 1

Are you playing mind games with me again AlexRRRtongue.png

Awwwwww Kun WILL do you think i could stoop so low? I'm just a humble building worker i know nothing of mental games people play, though I've had a few women try it on me over the years....you know guilt trips etc...im happy to walk in your shadows....we can do the Alan Moffet thing...you know 1-2 at Bathurst back to back, but do watch your back we have some very competitive guys in tipping one walks around with a pistol and often is playing Russiann roulette keeps shooting himself in the foot once the pressures on one day the pistol might be held higher...hehehe

• Like 1

Easy big fella.

Yes one area i do beat you is my margin but realistic Mr Will its 4 rounds to go and your 2 in front with 70% of the games going to script it will be hard to peg u back unless of course you have a blonde moment unlike the kid who goes to jelly towards seasons end you do the opposite you play like the Hawks and get better I'm just a stayer, money in the bank for you Mr Will.

• Like 1

Easy big fella.

You are being too modest willy Wonka.

You are like a cat, playing with a tank of goldfish...pawing us away as we get close to you for your own amusement

• Like 2

Easy big fella.

Yes one area i do beat you is my margin but realistic Mr Will its 4 rounds to go and your 2 in front with 70% of the games going to script it will be hard to peg u back unless of course you have a blonde moment unlike the kid who goes to jelly towards seasons end you do the opposite you play like the Hawks and get better I'm just a stayer, money in the bank for you Mr Will.

Alex... we have said it before. No one expects or expected u to win... so u are already punching above your weight.

I will concede you have the wiseness advantage of age on your side

• Like 2

Alex... we have said it before. No one expects or expected u to win... so u are already punching above your weight.

Second last year kid and possible second place again this year hardly think I'm punching above my weight just a true stayer, having said that Mr Will will want to be "on the ball" because I'm there ready to pounce on any mishap because i only have to equal him as my margin is a lot better.

• Like 1

Second last year kid and possible second place again this year hardly think I'm punching above my weight just a true stayer, having said that Mr Will will want to be "on the ball" because I'm there ready to pounce on any mishap because i only have to equal him as my margin is a lot better.

No one remembers who comes second...

You will need the win if u are to become a Thaivisa immortal.

I am a bit worried though... u have put Khun Will up on a pedestal and the thought of downing a hero might see u falter

A win for Port tomorrow the Swans will be 2nd. Go Port thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edit

Bulldogs have suffered some major injuries in tonights game. They have a big game against Geelong on Friday.

as predicted by RIP there are 6 teams on 48 points.

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

sydney will be cursing their two wet weather slugfests and this week's loss

..sorry I mean win... to Carlton by 6 points..

percentage looks like deciding the top 4..

c'mon Sydneyyyyy!!

• Like 1

Edit

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

c'mon Sydneyyyyy!!

You can count out WC.

That means 4 teams left for the other 3 spots (assuming Hawthorn finish 1st).

Looking at the run home, I can't see Geelong dropping another one.

Adelaide have only 1 tricky one with a showdown.

Gws have only North in round 23 and Syd have the St's and North both away.

Might come down to percentage or a side dropping one that they shouldn't.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-24/the-run-home-your-clubs-road-to-september

• Like 1

Edit

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

c'mon Sydneyyyyy!!

You can count out WC.

I reckon

Hawks to drop 2 games

gws 1

sydney 1

geelong 0

adelaide 0

west coast 2-3

dogs 2-3

north 3

Edit

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

c'mon Sydneyyyyy!!

You can count out WC.

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

sydney will be cursing

I reckon

Hawks to drop 2 games

gws 1

sydney 1

geelong 0

adelaide 0

west coast 2-3

dogs 2-3

north 3

Where would that leave Hawthorn BookMan?

2nd GWS 136.28%

3rd sydney 133.98

4th eelong 133.17

5th weagles 132.66

6th adelaide 128.65

sydney will be cursing

I reckon

Hawks to drop 2 games

gws 1

sydney 1

geelong 0

adelaide 0

west coast 2-3

dogs 2-3

north 3

Where would that leave Hawthorn BookMan?

3rd on percentage