Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

strong rumour that Fyfe is interested in Sydney... comes out of contract as a restricted free agent end of 2017?

Tommy tradebait looks to be gone gone gone....

Sinclair hasn't performed well for about 6 weeks.

Maybe we could trade Jetta back for him?

Thats the rumour you would like to become true young fella, the truth off the matter is you cant afford him, you guys put your head on the block going after Tippet and Franklin nothing left in the kitty for a big name player, thats another reason you guys have blooded 7 players this season, like to remind you the Hawks won the next 2 flags without Franklin on departure, and its well known in the round ball game filling your team with superstars is no grantee for success just ask Hotspurs who will be playing here in Deeland soon.

Yeah Hawthorn doesn't have any superstars...working class footy team all the way.

You want the best player in the comp in Buddy then u pay the best money. same money Scully, Boyd, and soon to be Hogan are on.

I know who id pay that money to...oh, did I mention that Tippet and Buddy both chased Sydney?

Sydney has blooded 7 youngsters because end of last season we lost 1000 games experience from the team and this year we have had a few injuries.

We have been unable to competitively trade for 2 years because the AFL had a hissy system fit when we got Franklin and imposed restrictions on us..no other team.

Talia came free and Sinclair for jetta.

interestingly that trade ban has helped he club in the end by focusing our eyes on what we have and building some young unsure into future guns

That we are still so well placed shows we are looking at a premiership tilt next year and 2018...with Fyfe in the team or not .

Some very exciting youngsters coming through

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

strong rumour that Fyfe is interested in Sydney... comes out of contract as a restricted free agent end of 2017?

Tommy tradebait looks to be gone gone gone....

Sinclair hasn't performed well for about 6 weeks.

Maybe we could trade Jetta back for him?

If that's true about Fyfe, I would try and get him to Melbourne next year for a swap with Hogan.

Tommy will end up a Hawk methinks. A loss but not a huge one IMO.

We will give you Jetta for a carton of Red Rock chips.

It is a loss but we have a lot of mids coming through. both Heeney and mills are mids playing out of position ..

Sydney can't or won't match the Mitchell money.

They wouldn't do it for Malceski nor for Mummy. Malceski was interesting because we wanted to keep him as he was important down back for us. He has done stuff all for Gold Coast since he left. We did lose Shane Biggs to the doggies while we waited on Malceski... so that was unfortunate.

another reason we probably won't go higher for Tommy Tradebait is we want to use the money to lock up Callum Mills and Heeney for another 5 years each.

Tommy can't kick accurately but maybe the Hawks can fix that.

anyway... this time of the season when they haven't re-signed u have to reckon they wont

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Close Wins Have Nothing to do With Club Culture

The Hawks’ record in 2016 is largely the result of winning a lot of close games. We’ve demonstrated that clubs’ ability to win close games doesn’t persist year to year. This is true for the Hawks as well – in 2015, they won only 1 out of 5 close games, whereas this year so far they’ve won 5 out of 5. If winning a lot of close games tells us something meaningful about a club’s culture, as the Guardian piece seemed to imply, why did the Hawks only win 20% of their close games last year?

The chart below shows Hawthorn’s winning percentage in close games in every season since the club’s creation. As we’d expect, given the previous chart, the Hawks’ ability to win close games jumps all over the place.

post-147205-0-02009300-1469156468_thumb.
The fact that the Hawks have managed to win a lot of close games this year is unlikely to tell us much about whether they’re going to keep winning close games in the future. I don’t think it tells us much about the club’s culture either, unless you think culture is something that resets year to year.
Edited by BookMan

Looking forward to seeing Jacko on Open Mike next week.

Mark ‘Jacko’ Jackson Launches An Extraordinary Attack On Mike Sheahan

Sheahan joined Triple M’s Hot Breakfast this morning to explain what unfolded.

“I am a bit shellshocked, still,” Mike said on Triple M.

“Fox management were keen for me to talk to Jacko, I must say I wasn’t quite as enthusiastic but we all do what we are told,” he said.

“As soon as we did the intro he just launched. He unleashed this fury that had been building for 30-years. I’m a big boy and I’ve been in confrontations before but probably not to this level.”

“It is unsettling to hear someone say that no-one respects you or likes you. Not withstanding the fact that I knew there was history between us.”

“It was pure fury in a verbal sense.”

In a preview to the program on the Fox Footy website a clearly fired up Jackson launches a array of verbal attacks on Sheahan.

“I just don’t like you Mike,” he says

• Like 2

“Fox management were keen for me to talk to Jacko, I must say I wasn’t quite as enthusiastic but we all do what we are told,” he said.

“As soon as we did the intro he just launched. He unleashed this fury that had been building for 30-years. I’m a big boy and I’ve been in confrontations before but probably not to this level.”

“It is unsettling to hear someone say that no-one respects you or likes you. Not withstanding the fact that I knew there was history between us.”

In a preview to the program on the Fox Footy website a clearly fired up Jackson launches a array of verbal attacks on Sheahan.

Caught that on AFL 360 last night, phwoar, it's going to be an absolute belter of an episode!

Here's Mike on Triple M this morning...

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/shows/hot-breakfast-eddie-mcguire/blog/2016/7/mark-jacko-jackson-launches-extraordinary-attack-on-mike-sheahan/

• Like 2

Loks exploso

Looks explosive!

Could be their highest rating show.

I'd love to see the unedited parts of what they put together.

Where does Mike Sheahan stand with general respectability amongst people?

Loks exploso

Looks explosive!

I think Mike is pretty well respected and well thought of.

I haven't heard any disparaging remarks about him, and when you consider he was

chief football writer at the Herald Sun for nearly 20 years, that's quite an achievement.

Looks explosive!

If you can get past Ed's spoilers the interview's a good barometer of what went down and I reckon this is going to be the best episode yet!

• Like 1

Collingwood are too interested in playing the man and not football.

I stopped watching... collingwood were horrible everywhere..

bloody north... never know who will turn up.

Lindsay Thomas is a free kick seeking cheat

• Like 2

Madjak reaching to the top shelf for the pies.

Screamerbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

He did take a great spekie, to bad he had an ordinary night after seeing him a few weeks back i was half expecting a bit more go in the guy.

Those 2 clubs i shake my head, sorry Fj North haven't beaten anyone above them and there not looking like they will, they had the Pies on the canvas yet could not put them away.

• Like 1

Not sure how "secret" the meeting was as Hawthorn were made aware of it.

I'd compare Hill to Lewis Jetta. Another downhill skier who can be really good in a very good side.

I wouldn't giving that much for him. Contracted until the end of next year so unless a good deal is offered,

he won't be going anywhere next year.

EXCLUSIVE: Brad Hill's secret meeting with Ross Lyon

Triple Hawthorn premiership star Bradley Hill wants to be traded to Fremantle to play alongside his brother from next season.

The 23-year-old flew to Perth last Friday and met with Dockers coach Ross Lyon to discuss his playing future.

Hill is contracted to Hawthorn until the end of next season, but is understood to be battling homesickness and wants to be reunited with his family in WA.

The private meeting with Lyon took place at the home of his 26-year-old brother, Fremantle midfielder Stephen.

Discussions occurred less than 48 hours after the Hawks wingman delivered his best performance of the season the night before, finishing with 25 disposals and a

Hill was allowed to return home on leave granted by Hawthorn given the 10-day break between matches leading into Sam Mitchell’s 300th game against Richmond tomorrow.

The Hill siblings are known to want to play together at the same club before their AFL careers are over.

West Coast have not been part of any trade discussions.

Hill — an 87-game wingman for Hawthorn — played in his first AFL premiership in just his second season and has become a critical link player for the league’s powerhouse.

A 2011 No.33 draft pick, the West Perth product is prepared to leave a side striving for its fourth successive flag in a feat unmatched in the game’s modern era.

Hill’s decision follows a difficult past 12 months.

He was fined $1000 and placed on a 12-month good behaviour bond last month after being charged with unlawful assault over a nightclub altercation in Melbourne’s south-east on January 24.

He was also fined $500 last month for driving while his licence was suspended.

The speedy wingman has been below his best in 2016.

He has averaged 16 disposals and kicked eight goals from 12 matches — significantly down on his 20-possession average from the past two premiership-winning seasons.

The discussions around a potential trade come at a time when Fremantle have adopted a long-term recruiting strategy to return as a premiership force on the back of a horror season in which they have won just three matches.

The club has identified attracting WA-bred players as a priority after missing out on several high-profile targets in recent years, including James Frawley and Travis Cloke.

Lyon has acknowledged the need for more good decision makers and users of the ball.

Hill’s ability to break lines with his pace and pinpoint targets has been viewed as a major asset at Hawthorn.

Fremantle may have to consider trading a player and a pick if they choose to pursue Hill.

Hawthorn could want a first-round draft selection. As the ladder stands, the Dockers will have pick three in this year’s draft, but will not have another selection before No.39. They would be unlikely to be prepared to give up such an early choice.

goal in the reigning premiers’ thrilling five-point win over Sydney at the SCG.

Madjak reaching to the top shelf for the pies.

Screamerbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

He did take a great spekie, to bad he had an ordinary night after seeing him a few weeks back i was half expecting a bit more go in the guy.

Those 2 clubs i shake my head, sorry Fj North haven't beaten anyone above them and there not looking like they will, they had the Pies on the canvas yet could not put them away.

Apart from Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs you meansmile.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Sounds like a bit of frustration creeping in there BookMan.

• Like 1

double whammy.

Friday night game result decided in the first ten minutes and I lose another tip

• Like 2

double whammy.

Friday night game result decided in the first ten minutes and I lose another tip

I feel your pain BookMan.

It's never good not tipping Friday nights game.

Has there ever been a more frustrating side than North?

Possibly Richmond I guess.

What's Bruce's fascination with small indigenous forwards?

Last night he was foaming at the mouth and pants over Wells.

• Like 1