Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well gang, another huge round with some real tricky ones this week.

Back to a Friday night kick off with Collingwood versus Norf at Etihad.

Collingwood have been playing good footy this past few weeks beating

GWS away and were really in the game until late against Adelaide.

Norf on the other hand have lost their last 5. Desperate times for them.

Can/will they bounce back and secure a finals spot?

But the most pressing question will be, will BookMan continue to back his bogey side North?

GC and Freo might be a bit closer than it looks. Freo were impressive against Geelong last

week and GC have been decimated again. Home ground advantage to get GC over the line?

The WB should beat the St's but have lost the package Jakey Stringer. The St's love playing

at Etihad and were impressive against Melbourne last week. The Bulldogs will have to be at the

top of their game to get the chocolates in this one I think.

Game of the round is Geelong and Adelaide down at the Cattery. Form says Adelaide but Geelong rarely

lose 2 in a row at Simonds. Despite it being 2nd against 7th, the bookies have Geelong as firm favourites.

Battle for the wooden spoon with Essendon versus Brisbane at Etihad. Essendon are playing decent footy

and the Lions and their coach are under siege. Before the season started, who would've imagined Essendon

going into a game as favourites. Can Brissy lift and get a much needed win for their coach?

The Hawks should beat Richmond but the Tiges have been known to upset the Hawks in the last couple

of years or so. Still, can't imagine Hawthorn losing in Sam Mitchells 300th.

We end the round with Port at home against GWS. Port a playing terrific footy, especially at home.

Charlie Dixon is a huge out for them though. Can GWS keep the momentum going away from home?

GWS favourites but Port could provide an upset here.

All the breast guys.

Thanks for your mind games WILL, you tell us nothing but feed us fertiliser, were you ex CIA?

• Like 2

But the most pressing question will be, will BookMan continue to back his bogey side North?

GC and Freo might be a bit closer than it looks. Freo were impressive against Geelong last

week and GC have been decimated again. Home ground advantage to get GC over the line?

The WB should beat the St's but have lost the package Jakey Stringer. The St's love playing

at Etihad and were impressive against Melbourne last week. The Bulldogs will have to be at the

Game of the round is Geelong and Adelaide down at the Cattery. Form says Adelaide but Geelong rarely

lose 2 in a row at Simonds. Despite it being 2nd against 7th, the bookies have Geelong as firm favourites.

Battle for the wooden spoon with Essendon versus Brisbane at Etihad. Essendon are playing decent footy

and the Lions and their coach are under siege. Before the season started, who would've imagined Essendon

going into a game as favourites. Can Brissy lift and get a much needed win for their coach?

The Hawks should beat Richmond but the Tiges have been known to upset the Hawks in the last couple

We end the round with Port at home against GWS. Port a playing terrific footy, especially at home.

Charlie Dixon is a huge out for them though. Can GWS keep the momentum going away from home?

All the breast guys.

Sounds like you are sitting on the fifty fifty fence there Will tongue.png .

What a week of dilemma picks! Luckily I have locked all mine away...could be a 9/9 for me this week in what will undoubtedly be a round that springs up more than a couple of upsets…

Colingwood V Norf... What a game for North. They played so poorly last week that it is difficult to have any confidence in them. I said early in the year that injuries would be an issue for them in the second half of the year and so it has come to be. Good to see North pursuing its youth policy and looking to sign Boomer for one more year.

Pies will win this one by 10-20

Sydney v Carlton. I expect Sydney to win this by 60 points

GC v Freo. Hard to go past Gold coast at home, but that is what I will be doing. Freo has looked good the last two weeks, and Gold Coast is without a midfield. Then again, Freo travelled to the cattery last week and now have to travel from Perth to the Gold Coast. It takes a lot out of the players…

Weagles v Melbourne. If Alex’s late mail is correct, Hogan is looking to sign for Melbourne. After his early game performance lat week I can imagine he is desperate to sign for anything he can get at the moment. Shame

Freo is off to the Gold Coast, would have given them a real chance to watch him up close and in action. For a longshot upset this would be the game to pick.

Doggies V St Kilda. I didn’t know Stringer was out and that is a loss for sure for the doggies.. then again he hasn’t been kicking much anyway. Maybe their $6million dollar man can step up and find the sticks. Cannot see the dogs allowing the Saints to have so many easy inside 50s as Melbourne did last week. Dogs will run it out for 4 quarters while St Kilda like to chill out for a quarter most games. Dogs here, but saints in with a chance

Geelong v Adealide

Dangerfield loves to perform..loves and audience…loves some drama. Nothing better to get his juices flowing than a game against his old club. Adelaide have a good solid 4 avenues to goal and should be able to clock up a big score. I have a feeling we wont see any hard tag on Dangerfield and this worries me a little in that he could be the one who decides the outcome. Geelong at home difficult to beat…Adelaide on a 8 or 9 game winning streak. The easy thing would be to go the favourites at home and back Geelong

Ess V Lions. Bottom of the table clash. Not sure if the Lions can play any worse than they have this year…and Essendon…well, they have shown a bit of ticker as the season has gone on…but generally not for a full game. Toss a coin. Essendon for me, despite the Lions home game.

Hawks v Richmond. Richmond have been talking themselves up in the media this week, but only because no one else will. Apparently Dustin is a shoe in for the Brownlow, helped in his cause by not having any other player on the Richmond team competing for his votes. Cannot see Richmond winning this one.

Port v GWS. This should be a ripper of a game. Wasn’t aware Dixon was out . GWS has a lot of solid goal scoring options and a dynamic midfield. Downsides for GWS are Stevie J’s personality and a lack of players willing to play bit-part roles in the drama. Come on GWS boys, you can’t all be top billing, some of you have to make the sacrifices and defend

Not sure who I fancy here yet. Maybe Port because they are at home, but they won last week so they are due for a loss.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

What a week of dilemma picks! Luckily I have locked all mine away...could be a 9/9 for me this week in what will undoubtedly be a round that springs up more than a couple of upsets…

Colingwood V Norf... What a game for North. They played so poorly last week that it is difficult to have any confidence in them. I said early in the year that injuries would be an issue for them in the second half of the year and so it has come to be. Good to see North pursuing its youth policy and looking to sign Boomer for one more year.

GC v Freo. Hard to go past Gold coast at home, but that is what I will be doing. Freo has looked good the last two weeks, and Gold Coast is without a midfield. Then again, Freo travelled to the cattery last week and now have to travel from Perth to the Gold Coast. It takes a lot out of the players…

Weagles v Melbourne. If Alex’s late mail is correct, Hogan is looking to sign for Melbourne. After his early game performance lat week I can imagine he is desperate to sign for anything he can get at the moment. Shame

Freo is off to the Gold Coast, would have given them a real chance to watch him up close and in action. For a longshot upset this would be the game to pick.

Doggies V St Kilda. I didn’t know Stringer was out and that is a loss for sure for the doggies.. then again he hasn’t been kicking much anyway. Maybe their $6million dollar man can step up and find the sticks. Cannot see the dogs allowing the Saints to have so many easy inside 50s as Melbourne did last week. Dogs will run it out for 4 quarters while St Kilda like to chill out for a quarter most games. Dogs here, but saints in with a chance

Geelong v Adealide

Dangerfield loves to perform..loves and audience…loves some drama. Nothing better to get his juices flowing than a game against his old club. Adelaide have a good solid 4 avenues to goal and should be able to clock up a big score. I have a feeling we wont see any hard tag on Dangerfield and this worries me a little in that he could be the one who decides the outcome. Geelong at home difficult to beat…Adelaide on a 8 or 9 game winning streak. The easy thing would be to go the favourites at home and back Geelong

Ess V Lions. Bottom of the table clash. Not sure if the Lions can play any worse than they have this year…and Essendon…well, they have shown a bit of ticker as the season has gone on…but generally not for a full game. Toss a coin. Essendon for me, despite the Lions home game.

Hawks v Richmond. Richmond have been talking themselves up in the media this week, but only because no one else will. Apparently Dustin is a shoe in for the Brownlow, helped in his cause by not having any other player on the Richmond team competing for his votes. Cannot see Richmond winning this one.

Port v GWS. This should be a ripper of a game. Wasn’t aware Dixon was out . GWS has a lot of solid goal scoring options and a dynamic midfield. Downsides for GWS are Stevie J’s personality and a lack of players willing to play bit-part roles in the drama. Come on GWS boys, you can’t all be top billing, some of you have to make the sacrifices and defend

Not sure who I fancy here yet. Maybe Port because they are at home, but they won last week so they are due for a loss.

Nice summary BM.

Just a few things though, Freo played at home last week not in Geelong.

Also, the Essendon/Brisbane game is in Melbourne.

Other than that, you're working beautifullytongue.png

• Like 2

All the breast guys.

Thanks for your mind games WILL, you tell us nothing but feed us fertiliser, were you ex CIA?

Come on mate, ASIO.

• Like 2

Good news if your a Demon supporter Ozz, Hogan reportedly keen to sign a new contract and end speculation on his future, wants to remain a Dee in an emerging football cub, apparently Dee's happy to shell out that cool 1 million plus a season.

Former Dee captain now riding low is set for a TV return, not here fellas on the tellie, no one knows if it will be back on 9 but with Dennis the Comelli retiring speculation is mounting it will be on 7.

Watts has re-signed for 3 years, have doubts re the wisdom of anybody forking out a cool million a year on Jesse,

• Like 1

Good news if your a Demon supporter Ozz, Hogan reportedly keen to sign a new contract and end speculation on his future, wants to remain a Dee in an emerging football cub, apparently Dee's happy to shell out that cool 1 million plus a season.

Former Dee captain now riding low is set for a TV return, not here fellas on the tellie, no one knows if it will be back on 9 but with Dennis the Comelli retiring speculation is mounting it will be on 7.

Watts has re-signed for 3 years, have doubts re the wisdom of anybody forking out a cool million a year on Jesse,

IMO, he'd be worth every cent.

The kids only 21 and could be anything.

A ten year power forward.

Freo should throw everything they can at him.

• Like 1

Geelong v Adealide

Nice summary BM.

Just a few things though, Freo played at home last week not in Geelong.

Also, the Essendon/Brisbane game is in Melbourne.

Other than that, you're working beautifullytongue.png

just testing you khun will.

I figured those two games are giving u a headache

• Like 1

they have spent their cash on Bennell Fyfe and soon to be cam mccarthy
  • Like 1

I did to buddy but in the second have of this season he is showing some influence in games, he's done at times a la Franklin, too soon to compare of course but the kid can play well away from goal too....we will and are getting more bang for buck than the Dogs out of there million$ froward.

• Like 1

Surprised this isn't front and centre today... this one's for you AlexRRR...

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-07-21/watts-signs-on-for-three-more-seasons

they would have got him cheap... no currency and all

nothing in the Age on Watts, and he is worth a bit now, he regular pulls in midfielder scores playing as a forward.

Watts and Hogan playing centre and forward will be exciting times for Ozzie and me, just need a couple of midfielders and a defender to step up with them, might even make the 8 next year hehe.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Hogan isn't worth more than $700k a season on current form and stats. He might be worth a million in a few years. Still, the market will pay what the market will pay...

Hogan isn't worth more than $700k a season on current form and stats. He might be worth a million in a few years. Still, the market will pay what the market will pay...

You always pay overs for key forwards and ruckmen BM.

Tom Boyd immediately comes to mindfacepalm.gif

Well look at it this way, the more tv wants to pay the bigger the wage packet of the footy players after all they put on the show other wise it goes into station owners pockets, I mean its regular for guys getting multi million dollar contracts in other codes over seas

• Like 1

i know they are traditionally overpaid by some clubs....that doesnt make them worth the money, just what some board agrees to pay in desperation. Sydney paid 800k for Tippet and 600k for Sam 'The Useless' Reid.
it has taken 3 years for Tippett to come good and the jury is out on Sam Reid still

Boyd was unproven...like Hogan is. having said that I would take Hogan over Boyd.
Boyd is wayyýyy over paid.. has done nothing and can barely scrape into the dogs side which is desperate for someone to kick a bag.

Here is food for thought...Based on big money for forwards it is a wonder GWS can keep all its squad...they also have Scully on a mill Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

All the teams for this round.

Some surprises that could affect results..!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-21/round-18-teams-announced

4 changes for SYdney. Mcveigh and Jones injured. Mcglynn and teddy dropped

Jordan Foote debutant for the Swans. That makes 7 debutants this year.

Looks like the Swans list will have a younger list than Carlton this week with 9 players under 30 games experience

Inexperienced backline with Aliir, Foote, Mills.. Looks like Xavier Richards (brother of Ted) will be playing up forward this week

if there was going to be an upset on the cards at all...Carlton wont have a better chance

• Like 2

i know they are traditionally overpaid by some clubs....that doesnt make them worth the money, just what some board agrees to pay in desperation. Sydney paid 800k for Tippet and 600k for Sam 'The Useless' Reid.

it has taken 3 years for Tippett to come good and the jury is out on Sam Reid still

Boyd was unproven...like Hogan is. having said that I would take Hogan over Boyd.

Boyd is wayyýyy over paid.. has done nothing and can barely scrape into the dogs side which is desperate for someone to kick a bag.

Here is food for thought...Based on big money for forwards it is a wonder GWS can keep all its squad...they also have Scully on a mill

Evidentally they cant,they have a heap of first round picks in the upcoming draft and have to delist to fit them in so there will be some talent coming on the market from their ranks.

Maybe Dees can pick up a quality tall forward to replace useless Dawsy.and give Hoges a hand.

Still time for Dawes and he would be cheap to keep, looked ok in a couple of games recently, id give him a performance based contract, the guy is big around 27/8 and still to hit his straps as long as he can stay injury free.

• Like 1

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-07-21/watts-signs-on-for-three-more-seasons

nothing in the Age on Watts, and he is worth a bit now, he regular pulls in midfielder scores playing as a forward.

Watts and Hogan playing centre and forward will be exciting times for Ozzie and me, just need a couple of midfielders and a defender to step up with them, might even make the 8 next year hehe.

might have to concentrate on how to beat the saints and how to travel to Etihad next year before talking finals. The 3 km trip from the G to Etihad seems to take it out of the Dees, they are not good on the road.

strong rumour that Fyfe is interested in Sydney... comes out of contract as a restricted free agent end of 2017?

Tommy tradebait looks to be gone gone gone....

Sinclair hasn't performed well for about 6 weeks.

Maybe we could trade Jetta back for him?

• Like 1

might have to concentrate on how to beat the saints and how to travel to Etihad next year before talking finals. The 3 km trip from the G to Etihad seems to take it out of the Dees, they are not good on the road.

Yes your right master, that 3 k trip is hell on earth. go the Saints, but i am talking finals and I'm expecting you guys to step up too, a couple of big teams like North are ready to slid on down on a blunt razor blade, they dropped there bundle in the second half losing 5 or 6 on the trott and there not looking good this week either, Hawks ageing quickly too and WCE haven't exactly recruited well....always room for a few new teams in there, Saints, Blues and Dee's anyone?

• Like 2

strong rumour that Fyfe is interested in Sydney... comes out of contract as a restricted free agent end of 2017?

Thats

Thats the rumour you would like to become true young fella, the truth off the matter is you cant afford him, you guys put your head on the block going after Tippet and Franklin nothing left in the kitty for a big name player, thats another reason you guys have blooded 7 players this season, like to remind you the Hawks won the next 2 flags without Franklin on departure, and its well known in the round ball game filling your team with superstars is no grantee for success just ask Hotspurs who will be playing here in Deeland soon.

Here is food for thought...Based on big money for forwards it is a wonder GWS can keep all its squad...they also have Scully on a mill

Evidentally they cant,they have a heap of first round picks in the upcoming draft and have to delist to fit them in so there will be some talent coming on the market from their ranks.

Maybe Dees can pick up a quality tall forward to replace useless Dawsy.and give Hoges a hand.

Still time for Dawes and he would be cheap to keep, looked ok in a couple of games recently, id give him a performance based contract, the guy is big around 27/8 and still to hit his straps as long as he can stay injury free.

And talking about the big guy Ozz he is in this week, i will be very interested to see how he goes, a fit Daws would make that forward line rather like hell on earth at Ethiad next season against those brittle woops i mean hard running Saints.....Go the Saints.

If that's true about Fyfe, I would try and get him to Melbourne next year for a swap with Hogan.

Tommy will end up a Hawk methinks. A loss but not a huge one IMO.

We will give you Jetta for a carton of Red Rock chips.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1