Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 8/4/2016 at 9:27 AM, Will27 said:

If Hawthorn are able to keep topping up with gun players every year, we might as well all follow Alex's lead and follow the soccer:)

You mean like every other Melbourne supporter, when the going gets tough, just head off to Mt Hotham for the weekend?

:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Ted's pulling the plug at the end of the year...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-08-05/ted-calls-time

Which might free up some cash to table a more competitive offer for Tradebait Tommy

Speaking of the Hawk's, seems they're being a little coy here methinks... Wonder if Clarko's been taking tips from our resident shrink (and hansum man with kind heart) Khun Will27?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-05/we-havent-got-salary-cap-room-clarko

Swans would have already factored in Teddy leaving at years end..

Tommy is goone gone, and has been gone for 12 months

On 3 August 2016 at 10:26 PM, ripstanley said:

So this week put your sunnies, hat and scarf on. Then get someone to take the photo of you. Then let us see you amongst the WCE supporters.

I hope you enjoy your day. We are all jealous you get to see a live game

im not jelouse i too can view live games as I'm here in Melbourne, but.........the AFL sent out a clear message to me about 17 years ago when i rocked up to a Blues Dees game at pricess park with my 10 year old daughter and 13 year old son, son and i had Dee memberships which got the little kid in for free and me a $2 discount if i recall right only had to pay like $12 top for me and a few dollars for my daughter, as we were queuing a notice comes over the intercom 30 min before start time that all standing tickets were gone that only reserved seats available, what should have cost me $15 ended up costing me $52, that was 17 years ago thats wasn't  small change then, a few years later i alone rock up to the G on the first home game of the season and still a member that once coveted flank (jolimont side) that average members could get together and enjoy was now reserved seating, it forced us ordinary people up high into the stands or behind the goals, the following year after 30 plus years i ditched my membership and stopped going to games, the retroic the AFL spins about its supporters is just that, they want you watching on tv so they can make a killing on tv rights.

The Dee's office keeps calling me over the next 10 years trying to get me to sign up again i choose to vote with my money, I'm keeping it, football has passed the suburban grass roots stage it is now a business. I use to stand in the outer at Windy Hill, even the Sth Melbourne football ground, went to all of them, i think it was very rude of the clubs in general to reserve seats or areas that once the average joe use to stand sit what ever. 

• Like 1

Nostalgic moments  today, the grandson of former Collingwood captain and bruiser Sam Weideman has been picked to play his first game for Melbourne, if Murray is still alive he would be spitting chips or if he has passed on then would be turning in his grave, the Dee's drafted Sam in last years draft.

Murray as Oz would recollect was a typical 50s punch you in the back of the head as you were going for a mark type....he was captain of the Pies when the Dee's played them in the 58 grand final, we were going for that 4th flag on the trott, Murray some years ago in that small paper interview calmly said....we knew they were too good, that we didn't stand much of a chance against the Dees so we beat them up, we had Barssie looking over his shoulder all day. The Pies did win and at that point in time we were playing in out 5th straight GF having lost the first to the Dogs winning the next 3 loosing the 5th but little did we know the Dee's went on to play in the next 2 GF's as well beating the Pies each time ho and we got them again in 64.

A very famous name at Collingwood is Weideman hope we can stick it up them one more time....

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Nostalgic moments  today, the grandson of former Collingwood captain and bruiser Sam Weideman has been picked to play his first game for Melbourne, if Murray is still alive he would be spitting chips or if he has passed on then would be turning in his grave, the Dee's drafted Sam in last years draft.

Murray as Oz would recollect was a typical 50s punch you in the back of the head as you were going for a mark type....he was captain of the Pies when the Dee's played them in the 58 grand final, we were going for that 4th flag on the trott, Murray some years ago in that small paper interview calmly said....we knew they were too good, that we didn't stand much of a chance against the Dees so we beat them up, we had Barssie looking over his shoulder all day. The Pies did win and at that point in time we were playing in out 5th straight GF having lost the first to the Dogs winning the next 3 loosing the 5th but little did we know the Dee's went on to play in the next 2 GF's as well beating the Pies each time ho and we got them again in 64.

A very famous name at Collingwood is Weideman hope we can stick it up them one more time....

Have been sending Roosy telephatic messages for a while,re dumping Dawsy and giving the Weid a go, seems one finally got through.

The kid is the same height as Hogan and from all accounts,good overhead.

• Like 1

This should make the Sydney boys happy.

Coaches' survey: Which club wins this year's flag?

ALTHOUGH half the AFL coaches believe the Sydney Swans will win this year's premiership, almost all of them think a team outside the top four could also pinch the 2016 flag.

In the annual AFL Media coaches' survey, about 53 per cent of the leading men who voted in the premiership category (17 of 18) predicted the Swans to triumph this season.

The bulk of the nine coaches who picked Sydney did so despite Hawthorn having a two-game lead at the top of the ladder at the time they lodged their votes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-06/forget-fourthorn-swans-set-to-soar

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joboss said:

Interesting story Alex.

My BIL, Martin, along with his footy mate were early Eagles supporters.

They started out with good seats attached to their Eagles memberships. 

But as the Eagles and AFL gained popularity amongst the chic end of town, each year brought about a relocation of their seats to less and less advantageous viewing positions. They raised this with the club membership management only to be told that their seats have been allocated to VIP members.

Well!!!!  SIUYA….

They switched to the fledging Dockers with the proviso that their seats would be guaranteed permanent.

Now,, for 22 years the Fremantle Football Club has had 2 loyal members that have had their seats occupied at most home games whatever the weather or state of the Dockers ladder position.

I maintained Eagles seats for three years while my daughter was in her pre and early teens and we attended and enjoyed most Eagles home games.

Even took my wife once, but she got too excited about big Dean Cox and kept kicking my beer that was under the seat over.

Now,,  I don’t really care as long as I get to have a day at the footy.

I hear you, and really i dont mind its progress and the clubs have got to find a way to make a $, weather in the west is a lot better than here looking out the window now its grey skies and very cool, once upon a time i lived for football these days i like my creature comforts, telstra stopped AFL live subscribers from air play there games to a tv so i will sit in my lounge room nice and warm and dry watching on my tablet......might invest in a iPad pro to get a bigger screen view one of these days...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

This should make the Sydney boys happy.

Coaches' survey: Which club wins this year's flag?

ALTHOUGH half the AFL coaches believe the Sydney Swans will win this year's premiership, almost all of them think a team outside the top four could also pinch the 2016 flag.

In the annual AFL Media coaches' survey, about 53 per cent of the leading men who voted in the premiership category (17 of 18) predicted the Swans to triumph this season.

The bulk of the nine coaches who picked Sydney did so despite Hawthorn having a two-game lead at the top of the ladder at the time they lodged their votes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-06/forget-fourthorn-swans-set-to-soar

Couldn't see Sydney winning this year due to their inexperienced team...one of the most inexperienced in the comp..

But the way they have played the last two weeks, anything is possible. They dominated Port all over.  Looking great for the next 5 years

Tommy tradebait was top of the fantasy points

• Like 1

Just now, ozzydom said:

A great effort by the mighty Dees:clap2:

Two upsets already this round.

GWS are behind against GC as well.

David King said on AFL360 that none of the top 5 would lose

Another game this year:facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Two upsets already this round.

GWS are behind against GC as well.

David King said on AFL360 that none of the top 5 would lose

Another game this year:facepalm:

I said on here a couple of weeks back Hawks would lose 2 more and that is 1 of them.

North or West coast will be the 2nd game they lose.

With any luck hawks drop out of the top 4 with their cra.p percentage

• Like 1

Just now, BookMan said:

I said on here a couple of weeks back Hawks would lose 2 more and that is 1 of them.

North or West coast will be the 2nd game they lose.

With any luck hawks drop out of the top 4 with their cra.p percentage

TBH, I thought you were crazy when you said you thought the

Hawks would lose two more games.

I should have known better BM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

TBH, I thought you were crazy when you said you thought the

Hawks would lose two more games.

I should have known better BM.

Not crazy mate...and i am shocked you would listen to David King. 

• Like 1

North...North .. North...

I figured Doggies would be next to no chance today with their injury list....but its looking like they are a good chance at half time...

North ... a spectacular 16 points up till half time

• Like 1

Gang, what do we think of players being mic'd up?

Personally, I reckon it brings nothing to the game.

And if they're going to do it, make sure it's a personality, not some Harry halfback flanker

like Brandon Ellis who just grunts and cheers.

• Like 2