Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Haha!! I get home from work and read the day's banter from TVF AFL and get an update on the round, and a smile on my face.

Thank you.

Pav's 350 already sold out. Looking forward to a memorable afternoon at the footy.

Now I know why Alex does so well at the tipping.

Its his little mate in the Sukhumvit Ray Bans who licks up the dribbled morning corn flakes.

No Joblow, the Ray Bans are originals we have style over here in the east.

Really? Genuine Ray Bans.

Seeing you are a man of disconcerting style and impeccable taste,,

Would you be interested in an original Pro Hart charcoal etching?

Never seen the light of day before. Only just discovered.

Done by the great artist when he was trapped in a underground mineshaft to distract his fear over the creaking of the support timbers and the smell of gas.

Special first choice discrete price for you.

• Like 2

Haha!! I get home from work and read the day's banter from TVF AFL and get an update on the round, and a smile on my face.

Thank you.

Pav's 350 already sold out. Looking forward to a memorable afternoon at the footy.

Its his little mate in the Sukhumvit Ray Bans who licks up the dribbled morning corn flakes.

Done by the great artist when he was trapped in a underground mineshaft to distract his fear over the creaking of the support timbers and the smell of gas.

No i wouldn't, not only do we have class and style were also a lot smarter here in the big VIC, noticed how the old VFL got you guys to join us in the AFL?

• Like 2

Thank you.

No i wouldn't, not only do we have class and style were also a lot smarter here in the big VIC, noticed how the old VFL got you guys to join us in the AFL?

hate to burst your bubble but you're a Melbourne supporter.

A Yank, 2 Irishmen & 2 Kiwis enter a Club in ST Kilda...

Recruiting boss Tony Elshaug confirmed the club had completed its paperwork signing both players on two-year contracts despite Connellan suffering a broken leg several weeks ago playing for Westmeath in the Leinster final against Dublin.

"Our strategy from mid-2013 has been to increase our talent base through different means," said Elshaug, "and we hope these boys could play a significant part in that." The Saints, which have also access to their New Zealand scholarship pair Barclay Miller and Joe Baker-Thomas must soon make a call on US-born former college basketballer Jason Holmes after three years with the club as an international rookie.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-2016-st-kilda-saints-punt-on-luck-of-the-irish-20160728-gqg5sr.html

• Like 1

Whew!!

1st quarter GWS v Richmond

GWS leading 51 -1 and looking very impressive.

Richmond has gone backwards this year (give Hardwick another extension!) while teams like GWS, Bulldogs, St Kilda, Melbourne have all gone forward. Difficult to see Richmond challenging next year for finals

GWS looks like they will increase their % today. They have kicked their highest first quarter score. They are 51 to 1 at quarter time. They are looking very good.

oh yeah!

GWS is the team i least want Sydney to face in the finals.

They are so quick outside and through the middle...

GWS looks like they will increase their % today. They have kicked their highest first quarter score. They are 51 to 1 at quarter time. They are looking very good.

oh yeah!

If you take into account that Richmond only kicked 5 goals in the game last week and halfway through the 2nd quarter have kicked 1, they're

nothing short of disgraceful.

If they get beat by 100 plus points, I can't see Hardwick keeping his job.

I would be filthy if I was a Tiger supporter.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Please be aware that there is a forum upgrade scheduled to take place at 3 pm today.

It is expected to take around 12 hours or even more depending on any problems that may or may not arise.

Do not take the trouble of reporting it to thaivisa as you would be unlikely to have any luck there.

Just grin and bare it until it is up and running as it should that is expected to be some time tomorrow.

• Like 2

Please be aware that there is a forum upgrade scheduled to take place at 3 pm today.

It is expected to take around 12 hours or even more depending on any problems that may or may not arise.

Do not take the trouble of reporting it to thaivisa as you would be unlikely to have any luck there.

Just grin and bare it until it is up and running as it should that is expected to be some time tomorrow.

Thanks Ron

oh yeah!

If you take into account that Richmond only kicked 5 goals in the game last week and halfway through the 2nd quarter have kicked 1, they're

nothing short of disgraceful.

If they get beat by 100 plus points, I can't see Hardwick keeping his job.

I would be filthy if I was a Tiger supporter.

I disagree with you super hero, sure the Tigers suck but it aint the coach, its a collective concensus , it failed and its reported to day in one of the papers there bolstering there football department, i would expect Hardwick to stay on for a few more seasons at least.

Seems all AFL coaches are safe maybe Justin is walking on thin ice but really what has he got up there?

Ahhhh yes Books i blame Chooks for his tip on the Saints, other wise i would have been 8/9, never mind, Ron is now standing on my toes, but WILL, the man, superhero, el supermo, re writing the history book of TV tipping, going to be a yawn up there all alone at the top all the action is in second place......6 members viing for it.

We might have too have WILL on handicap next season giving the rest of us a shot at it....you know even it up a bit.... or you could retire WILL like i did in Fantasy....going out while your still a hero, you should consider.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Ahhhh yes Books i blame Chooks for his tip on the Saints, other wise i would have been 8/9, never mind, Ron is now standing on my toes, but WILL, the man, superhero, el supermo, re writing the history book of TV tipping, going to be a yawn up there all alone at the top all the action is in second place......6 members viing for it.

We might have too have WILL on handicap next season giving the rest of us a shot at it....you know even it up a bit.... or you could retire WILL like i did in Fantasy....going out while your still a hero, you should consider.

Still a long way to go fella.

Always a lot of upsets towards the end of the year.

A couple of more tricky ones next week,

The Saints against Carlton and Bulldogs versus North just to name a few.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Well a slight result as Thiavisa gets to grip with new technology.

Tipping results are in and it was a good week for most

4 Tipsters shared 9/9 for the round! Another 8 Tipsters had 8/9

CynicalSailor

Ripstaney

Will27

Radar501

and so winner for the round with the bets margin is CynicalSailor

WiseWeeWilliam has now increased his lead… a few weeks back it looked close, but now he has broken away to what looks an unassailable lead of 121, a margin of 4 to the next Tipster. Under pressure and he has come through with a 9/9…

In sadder news, both AlexRRR and Chooka are in terminal decline, choking this week and only managing 7/9…falling, falling, falling back into the pack.

Congrats to CynicalSailor, Rip and Radar501 for picking the card.

Nice work by CS getting the margin as well.

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, AlexRRR said:

I disagree with you super hero, sure the Tigers suck but it aint the coach, its a collective concensus , it failed and its reported to day in one of the papers there bolstering there football department, i would expect Hardwick to stay on for a few more seasons at least.

Seems all AFL coaches are safe maybe Justin is walking on thin ice but really what has he got up there?

I agree that it's not just Hardwick, their recruiting has been terrible also.

Hardwick is in his 7th year and they're playing like Essendon and Brisbane.

Don't forget, this is the best list he's had at his disposal since he's been there (his words).

Four more results like that and I reckon he's gorn.

In previous seasons, some teams have 'managed' star players in the round 23 dead rubber, or they get ruled out because of 'niggling injuries'.

Competition is always fierce for the coveted top two and top four positions for the finals.   If the current bottleneck continues, teams should be requiring all hands on deck for this year's final H & A round.......especially given that there is a week break before the play-offs.

N.B.  Excellent work on your tipping Will.   What position do you hold in the overall rankings?? 

• Like 2

The Tackle: Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 19

THIS is as bad as it gets for Richmond but Tiger fans should ease off coach Damien Hardwick.

Thanks heavens the Tigers have Alex Rance, who saved them from an even more humiliating defeat.

Melbourne’s win over Gold Coast was painful to watch but it was a perfect night for Brent Harvey.

MARK ROBINSON reveals his likes and dislikes from Round 19.

DISLIKES

1. Calls for Hardwick’s head

Was at a funeral on Friday and death was in the air and the son of the deceased — my aunty June — was distressed. Still, amid his pain — and he is a Tigers fan — he found time to declare it was

time for Richmond to sack Damien Hardwick. Then came Saturday’s misery.

The Richmond electorate is restless. Many want change. Saturday’s performance delivered all those things you don’t want to see: insipid, uninspired and their worst score in 50 years. But what was the expectation?

The team contained Nathan Drummond (three games), Oleg Markov (four), Daniel Rioli (14), Adam Marcon (one), Jayden Short (12) and Kane Lambert (26) and they played GWS in Canberra.

One team had a contingent of inexperience, the other is aiming to win the premiership. It’s an odd environment, football. Everyone demanded Richmond plays the kids, and when they do and they get beaten,

everyone says the coach should be sacked. Kids and losses go hand-in-hand. Remember, this mob beat Hawthorn by 75 points.

2. Complete rebuild?

That’s already started and that’s why we have seen the aforementioned youngsters plus Liam McBean, Connor Menadue, Corey Ellis and Jason Castagna this year. The problem is the mid-tier group has hit

the wall and recent recruits haven’t worked. Look at Collingwood. They bring in Levi Greenwood, Jack Crisp, Adam Treloar, Travis Varcoe and Jeremy Howe. The Tigers have purchased Jacob Townsend,

Andrew Moore and Taylor Hunt.

Who’s rubber stamping these deals to get so-called hard heads into the group? Hardwick has to take responsibility, as does his list management group. The future plans are obvious: Keep draft picks, trade

out to get more draft picks under pick 20 but, first of all, decide if Hardwick will get a second chance at a rebuild. CEO Brendon Gale said on Sunday Hardwick will coach in 2017, so clearly it’s trade and draft time.

3. What doesn’t help? Plenty ...

When Trent Cotchin doesn’t lay a tackle. When Shaun Grigg and Anthony Miles disappoint. When the team is soft and undisciplined. When the list is overrated. When they recruit Chris Yarran and he doesn’t play a game.

When Brendon Bolton delivers a game plan at Carlton in one season and they push Sydney and Hawthorn in the past two weeks and the Richmond game plan is licorice all-sorts and they lose their past two games by 70 and 88 points.

Let’s be honest, there are spotfires everywhere.

4. So what happens now?

Gale declared Hardwick would coach in 2017, but didn’t guarantee him. They play Collingwood, Geelong, St Kilda and Hawthorn in the next four weeks and if there are terrible blow outs in all four,

if the team is as embarrassing as it was on Saturday, then the board will have to decide if Hardwick is the person to go forward with. That’s their role. So, the next four weeks are crucial.

5. Who’s under more pressure?

Justin Leppitsch’s Lions were shameful on Saturday night. They gave up 25.23 at home and, let’s be honest again, if Leigh Matthews wasn’t at that club, you have to wonder if Leppitsch would be. Matthews has declared

Leppitsch will coach in 2017, but chairman Bob Sharpless said two weeks ago Leppitsch’s position would be reviewed at the end of the season, which he said was standard ­procedure. Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that post-season board meeting.

6. Injuries

Wrote on Sunday that if the Bulldogs win the premiership this season, it would be a flag for the ages. Jackson Macrae has a hammy and could be four weeks, who knows yet on Tom Liberatore and there’s a bundle of niggles.

The worry at North Melbourne is Jarrad Waite who can’t get his hip right. Without him, their premiership tilt is severely hampered, notwithstanding Drew Petrie’s return to form.

7. Melbourne v Suns

Worst game of the season, so much so that it was enjoyable to watch. Two candidates for worst decisions of the year. Gold Coast’s Jarrad Grant had a shot at goal, but it was a terrible attempt and the ball dribbled out of the bounds.

And the field umpire paid deliberate. You have to be kidding.

Minutes later, with the Demons leading by a point, Billy Stretch, who has had solid season, had a three-on-one their favour in the forward 50m and kicked the ball out of bounds on the full. “I can now understand why Melbourne supporters go skiing,’’

commentator Jason Dunstall mused.

8 Wait, there’s more

The non-decision of incorrect disposal against Sam Day when tackled by Aaron vandenBurg with 100 seconds to play was mind-boggling. And then Bernie Vince turned the ball over by foot which allowed Tom Lynch to

mark and shoot for goal after the siren. Lynch didn’t kick it, but fair dinkum this match was unbelievable for its drama, its errors — and Jack Watts at the end.

9. Does everyone think Ross Lyon should be sacked?

The Dockers lost by 90 points, at home, against a top-four team and no-one will bat an eyelid. The Dockers’ tumble this year is worse than Richmond’s. At the same time Lyon got a five-year deal, Hardwick got a two-year deal,

but performances like Fremantle’s on Sunday don’t register similar backlash on the national AFL front. They should. This was poor. But there’s perspective at the Dockers. You play kids, you get these performances.

10. Zac Dawson

After years of looking at Zac and his awkward mannerisms, it’s difficult to have sympathy for him after yet another clumsy/menacing attack on a player. This time it was Jake Lloyd and while Lloyd did fumble the ball, there’s no excuse

for Dawson to crash into his head. If guilty, and you can’t see him getting off, he is looking at a three-week suspension.

1. Boomer Harvey

Liked the build-up, liked the pre- and post-match, liked Lindsay Thomas giving off the easy goal and even liked seeing Richo having a beer on camera as the festivities kicked off in Kangaroos rooms. It was the perfect night for Harvey, his family,

the club and the AFL, but that’s it Boomer! There’s not one aspect of your life that we don’t know, so when you retire, be it this year or next, there will be only be a couple paragraphs in the newspaper. I’m sure you won’t be fussed, anyhow.

2. Drewy and Dumont

It was contributions from the old and the young who helped to make Saturday night special for Boomer. Petrie was mighty as a key forward — his goal at the start of the final quarter was the game killer — and plenty of

commentators have to admit they were wrong about his demise. Dumont might’ve been the most influential player on the ground. He had Jack Steven for 70 minutes and kept St Kilda’s match-winner to 15 disposals and one clearance.

3. Sam Mitchell blueprint

Brendon Bolton knows what Mitchell can do, so he had no hesitation sending a tagger to the Hawks champ and you wonder if finals opposition will do the same. Sam Kerridge got the nod and he kept Mitchell to 22 disposals

and four clearances and you’d take that any day in a final. Remember, last September Mitchell had 35, 33, 35 and 34. Lot to like about the Blues, not least the tackling pressure applied by Jack Silvagni. Some of his efforts on Saturday were terrific.

4. Darcy Moore

Could choose 10 players, from Rupert Wills’ 11 tackles in game one, to Josh Smith, to Pendlebury, Taylor Adams, Treloar and vastly improving James Aish (26 disposals), but the salivating was all about Darcy Moore

before his injury. A breakout game was looming when Moore injured his collarbone in Round 10. On Sunday, the breakout game was delivered. He took five contested marks in the first half and kicked 3.2 which was the

class in a fierce approach from Collingwood. The Pies laid 119 tackles, their most recorded in a match. In the third quarter they laid 46 tackles to West Coast’s 19.

5. Travis Boak

Ken Hinkley is throwing his players everywhere, the most recent being the skipper Travis Boak who spent almost half his game-time in attack on Saturday night. He won 17 of his 24 disposals forward of centre and a disposa

l efficiency of 82 per cent in this area of the ground. He also finished with a career high 17 score involvements and kicked an equal career high three goals. That said, the Port players were lining up for free ball for much of the night.

6. Alex Rance

He would’ve gone insane with frustration on Saturday afternoon, wondering what in the hell was happening in his midfield. Talk about under siege. And if Rance didn’t play, the Tigers would’ve lost by 140 points and not by 88. Rance

had 17 intercept possessions, the second most by any player this season and the sixth most ever recorded, and that’s not counting his spoils and tackles and pressure. Arguably, he was the best performed player on the ground.

7. Stephen Coniglio

All the chatter is about Callan Ward’s legitimacy as the All-Australian captain, but Ward can’t be the only Giant in All-Oz mix. Coniglio past six weeks have produced 29, 31, 30, 32, 28 and 33 disposals, as well having, at times,

a run-with role. Ward, Coniglio, Dylan Shiel and Tom Scully are the midfield contenders, Steve Johnson has to be considered at half-forward, while Heath Shaw is the automatic in the back pocket.

8. Rhys Stanley

Applause all around for Jimmy Bartel and Corey Enright and for what was a spanking night of football and celebrations, save for the Bulldogs injuries, but Stanley was remarkable. Will ask again, who knew Stanley had this sort of football in him?

He kicked five goals, had 16 disposals and of his seven marks, five were contested.

9. Welcome back Isaac Heeney

Been in a hole for a couple of months and timely with four games to play before September, that Heeney finds touch. It was average opposition, but Heeney got his hands on the ball (22 disposals) and kicked four goals.

It was possession-fest at Subiaco on Matthew Pavlich’s big day, which says plenty about the accountability. Four players had 40-plus and with some lopsided games looming in the competition, we can expect to see plenty more big-possession games.

10. Jack Watts

Don’t really know why but there are some players you really want to see play well. It’s probably because of the all abuse Jack Watts has taken over his career. He is a significant footballer and was the match-winner for the Demons,

kicking the winner with two minutes to play after taking a contested mark in the pocket and then, when pushed behind the ball at the death, he took a saving mark in the goal square. We often say great leadership in regards to Luke Hodge

and Joel Selwood and Lance Franklin and that’s exactly what Watts supplied.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

In previous seasons, some teams have 'managed' star players in the round 23 dead rubber, or they get ruled out because of 'niggling injuries'.

Competition is always fierce for the coveted top two and top four positions for the finals.   If the current bottleneck continues, teams should be requiring all hands on deck for this year's final H & A round.......especially given that there is a week break before the play-offs.

N.B.  Excellent work on your tipping Will.   What position do you hold in the overall rankings?? 

Thanks for that mate.

Wouldn't have a clue about overall rankings.

Well done to the niners.

Having managed 8 winners and got within 6 points of the margin, I thought I would do OK this week, but it turned out I only came about equal 10th. A tough week! I didn't allow for the Boomer Harvey effect.

Your rank in the comp., Will, is on the same line where they tell you your weekly and overall game totals. I'm something like 50,500. It would be interesting to see where our top tipster is in the mix.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2016 at 6:35 PM, joboss said:

Day at the footy for Pav’s 350th game.

Forget the result,,,

Had a great day at Subi,

Decided to make a banner to honour Pav.

KickittoPAV04.thumb.jpg.641e313ac831cfbdRow  GG  loved it as did many others around us.

Had people smiling despite the poor showing by the Dockers.

Okay now

Kick it to Pav.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Jeez..how the year has changed!

Alexrr taking advice from Chooks on tipping the Saints,  and a love fest with KhunWiseWilliam.

It warms my heart

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Ahhhh yes Books i blame Chooks for his tip on the Saints, other wise i would have been 8/9, never mind, Ron is now standing on my toes, but WILL, the man, superhero, el supremo,modest re writing the history book of TV tipping, going to be a yawn up there all alone at the top all the action is in second place......6 members viing for it.

Still a long way to go fella.

Always a lot of upsets towards the end of the year.

A couple of more tricky ones next week,

The Saints against Carlton and Bulldogs versus North just to name a few.