Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Having a few issues here fellas....looks like the owners of the site forgot to allow Mac's to post in here, since I'm having issues with quotes....i will just reply to Robbo.

Billy Stretch is a bit like Chooks man for me, to set the record straight he's more out than in, to short and not much of a body no leg speed either have no idea what Roos sees in him, his pop was a classy wingman for us the son....well...doesnt have any flare like his dad, I'm sure his dad would beat him in  sprint even now.

And after years of bagging J Watts the press now see him as a glamor boy, hmmmm, played a great game has all season and will come close to taking best player of the year down there at Deeland.

We might have won ugly at least we have a better looking jumper, the Suns gurney is revolting, a terrible fashion statement and a blight on the football world, all the new clubs have modified/changed there jumpers but not this club, its worse than jumper with clipped wings the Eagles played in earlier this season and that was very bad.

And to Finnish of the quote from WILL above, your to modest you will be a worth winner, 4 is just to much to make up with 4 rounds to go, your been getting better as the season gets longer.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Might come down to percentage mate.

Sydney have the hardest draw with Port, St (away), Nth (Tassie) and Richmond.

Geelong have a dream run and could really increase their percentage. They have Ess, Rich, Brisbane and Melbourne at Skilled. They play Ess and Brisbane twice this year.

GWS have GC, WC (home), Freo and finish with North away.

Adelaide have Brisbane, Freo, Port and WCE at home.

Cannot see Geelong and dropping one. Ade have a showdown which is fitty fitty and GWS have North away in the last game which could be a hard one.

Sydney should beat Port and Richmond and the St's at Etihad and North in Tassie are tricky.

The Hawks should be ok but have a poor percentage. They finish with Melbourne, North, WCE and Collingwood.

They wouldn't want to drop more than one of those.

I reckon GWS & Hawks have a tougher run home.  Sydney plays Saint and Port who have nothing much to play for...North might be competitive...maybe not.

It's not the opposition i fear for Sydney ( i fear GWS most for the finals), it is the young playing list SYdney has...and I reckon that will be exposed come finals under the pressure

GWS plays two top 8 teams as does Hawthorn...

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Richmond and Brisbane copping it on the footy shows for Monday night...esp. Hardwick and Lepper.

Ross Lyin gets some criticism...I am surprised he isnt getting a bigger shelacking. 

Freo has been the worst performer of the year, taking into account last year and expectations, yet Ross escapes any spotlight... I guess he has 5 year to turn it around..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BookMan said:

Richmond and Brisbane copping it on the footy shows for Monday night...esp. Hardwick and Lepper.

Ross Lyin gets some criticism...I am surprised he isnt getting a bigger shelacking. 

Freo has been the worst performer of the year, taking into account last year and expectations, yet Ross escapes any spotlight... I guess he has 5 year to turn it around..

Lyon's runs on the board is what is saving him from real scrutiny this season.

Next year will be a different story though.

I can't see Leppa continuing next year and the next 4 weeks will be huge for Dimma.

Any more crushing losses and I reckon he's gorn.

I reckon he should be given the flick anyway.

At a million plus payout, not going to feel for him.

He's coached for 7 years without a finals win so it's hard to say he hasn't been given a fair run.

• Like 1

Looks like the sharks are circling at Tigerland.

Richmond board facing 'bloodless' coup by prominent Tigers backers

A prominent group of disgruntled Richmond supporters are planning a bloodless coup, targeting at least five long-serving Tiger board members, including president Peggy O'Neal,

in their bid to reshape the club's board and future football direction.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-board-facing-bloodless-coup-by-prominent-tigers-backers-20160802-gqjixd.html

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

As witnessed in the last round, with a bit of luck, it's not hard to gain a few or drop a few tips.

Still a long way to go.

These mind game you're still playing BookMan:facepalm:

My Jedi mind tricks wont work on you WeeWilliam...

Like Yoda are you

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Gee

They must be offering him some huge money.

I agree with Matthew Lloyd when he said even Essendon would be a better destination club than Richmond.

38 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

I have just fixed up your upside down photo in Post No 6263 and the following one by Bookman.

Included with my new found duties is the ability to go into any thread across the board and fix up 

things like that if I can.

If anyone has something that needs to be corrected could be spelling mistakes or anything, give

me a bell and I will do what I can if I can.

Joboss, can we see you in the photo?

To the left with the shades on?

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Another Melbourne boy for AlexRRR, on last nights Open Mike.

Ahhh its working for me today...............Steve Feby one of a group of players i liked to watch, thanks WILL, shame about his issues but hey lot of average people have them too.

Great player very cool and steady hardly ever put in a bad one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Be interesting how Sydney handle Talia.  Clearly there are multiple questions over his decision making. m First the texting his brother incident...which was cleared only because both phones the bys had magically were stoen in Bali and the texts not retrieved..

Now the Coke thing...word on the soi is there are questions over his off field decision making .... beginning to wonder why we recruited him

Hawthorn and the brown paper bags

Looks like Tommy Tradebait is off to Hawthorn and also possibly Brad Crouch. I find it difficult to believe that Hawthorn could pay more than SYdney for Mitchell..  I can see Carlton being able to pay significantly more, but the hawks?  And on top of that it seems they are targeting Brad Crouch. Their first round pick is going to be 18, and I can't see them offering much at the trade table..so Adelaide or Sydney will be reamed...

The question i have been asking myself for a while is how the Hawks afford so many stars in one team and then can recruit more?

I don't believe the stuff about players accepting 300k less for a chance at a flag...sounds like spin to me. 

Recently in the rugby League, Parramatta lost competition pints, was fined, and had its board sacked and under government administration over brown paper bag payments to a host of players. This has been rumoured to have been happening for years at a number of very high profile and wealthy NRL clubs. 

It works in simple fashion..The club has rich supporters and benefactors. Captains of industry and the like. They are sounded out about helping the club...they want to be involved and around the club. Suggestions are made they could support player X or player Y with the help of some cash. They'd be helping the club also. 50k, 100k ... keeps them under the salary cap and keeps players onboard.

It ain't all about the lite n easy...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Be interesting how Sydney handle Talia.  Clearly there are multiple questions over his decision making. m First the texting his brother incident...which was cleared only because both phones the bys had magically were stoen in Bali and the texts not retrieved..

Now the Coke thing...word on the soi is there are questions over his off field decision making .... beginning to wonder why we recruited him

I don't know where he's at contractually, but I imagine he's out the door first chance the Swans get.

6 hours ago, BookMan said:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/sydney-swans-player-michael-talia-pleads-guilty-to-drug-possession-20160804-gqkqai.html

There's a bit more on it...

He'll keep his spot at the Swans as no conviction was recorded and Kirky will send him to the temple for penance..

5 hours ago, joboss said:

Fantasy;  Looking forward to GrannysApples giving Rory Red Hot a poisoned apple and knocking him out of the competition.

Good luck.!

Cheers mate... Old mate Rory's got some injury concerns coming into the round so hopefully his trades aren't effective ;)