Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I remember when Gablett Jr. departed Geelong for The Gold Coast, it had everything to do with the challenge ahead, and nothing to do with the huge dollars being offered.  

So,  It is heartwarming to again read about the little champ putting club first, and himself second, by asking to leave.

Is that the best you can do Mr. Cochrane?  Please try again!.

Edited by Radar501

Wonder how Cochrane will spin this.

I can't see Ablett going anywhere soon.

Reported to be on a million plus so apart from that fact that I don't think he's worth it anymore,

I don't think most sides could afford him anyway.

'Homesick' Ablett could seek trade again in 2017: manager

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-29/homesick-ablett-could-seek-trade-again-in-a-year-manager

I know this information has been posted before but note the difference in location of the ceremony.

Jesinta Campbell and Lance "Buddy" Franklin have wed in a top-secret ceremony in New Zealand.

The TV presenter and her Sydney Swans beau announced on social media they had tied the knot in a private outdoor ceremony in Queenstown on Friday.

"Mr & Mrs Franklin," Jesinta captioned a photo of the pair on a lawn covered in rose petals.

She had also already changed her Instagram name to Jesinta Franklin.

Her husband shared the same photo with two simple words: "My love."

Jesinta reportedly wore a tule Vera Wang dress, while the groom wore a suit by Hugo Boss.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/11/05/02/54/jesinta-campbell-buddy-franklin-marry-secret-queenstown-ceremony#20MUQT1At5gzluD2.99
  • Like 1

WEST COAST and Fremantle's move to the new Perth Stadium could be delayed if a fair deal can't be struck with the venue's operators and Western Australian government.  

While the state-of-the-art venue at Burswood is about a year way from completion, both WA clubs are yet to agree to terms to play there.

Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett says all parties are 'making some headway' but added time is running out to get a deal done in time for the 2018 season.

"There will come a time when it'll become extremely difficult for both clubs to transition," Nisbett told Perth radio station 6PR.

"We're very mindful of that, in all the negotiation we're pushing up because we want to get to a final resolution (where we can) at least agree we can play at the stadium.

"Once we've done that we can work out all the other detail, but it's extremely complex."

The challenge comes after the Western Australian Football Commission lost out to the operators of Sydney's ANZ Stadium, VenuesLive, to run the brand new 60,000-seat arena.

"Having viewed the stadium, it's a magnificent stadium; it's going to be terrific," Nisbett said.

"But we have to keep negotiating because we're not there yet.

"We'll keep going until we get a resolution as will VenuesLive and the State."

The move from the old, and increasingly out-of-date Subiaco Oval, is meant to provide fans with a more comfortable viewing experience, but Nisbett appears determined to ensure that doesn't come at cost to fans.

"That's a priority for both of us," Nisbett said.

"We have to look after our members to make sure it's not exorbitant to go to the football.

"That's been in the back of our minds with all the negotiations, so we have to try and look after the people who’ve supported both the clubs through their history."

• Like 2

Jobe Watson to hand his Brownlow medal back.

"It is with mixed emotions that I have decided to hand back my 2012 Brownlow Medal," Watson said in a statement.

"It is now up to the AFL Commission at their meeting on Tuesday to make a decision as to what they want to do with it."

"It has been incredibly distressing for me to have people question my integrity and infer an intention to act against the spirit of the game, a spirit that is intrinsically a part of who I am."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-11/jobe-watson-to-hand-back-brownlow-medal/8018414

David Zaharakis was brave enough to stand up to  the club, and his refusal to participate in the supps program was because he was petrified of hypodermic needles.   I see some irony there.

I note that West Coast star, Sam Mitchell is in line to be awarded Jobe Watson's Brownlow retrospectively.   Whilst I am uncomfortable with the drug cheat keeping the medal, I also have issues with the league's filthiest sniper from accepting it.

3 hours ago, Radar501 said:

David Zaharakis was brave enough to stand up to  the club, and his refusal to participate in the supps program was because he was petrified of hypodermic needles.   I see some irony there.

I note that West Coast star, Sam Mitchell is in line to be awarded Jobe Watson's Brownlow retrospectively.   Whilst I am uncomfortable with the drug cheat keeping the medal, I also have issues with the league's filthiest sniper from accepting it.

Leave our boy alone.

Mitch is as pure as the driven snow:tongue:

I don't think the AFL will award it to the 2nd placers anyway.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Leave our boy alone.

Mitch is as pure as the driven snow:tongue:

I don't think the AFL will award it to the 2nd placers anyway.

I'm still unsure about the value of Mitchell to WCE. However he cost nothing, and it's really about his future coaching plans, so if he doesn't perform as a player no big deal. If he is given a Midfielders Brownlow Medal it has nothing to do with the Eagles except perhaps making him a bigger bargain buy.

If nothing else his "sniping" abilities could add an extra dimension to our team of pussies. It's been a long time since we've had a decent mongrel player giving a bit of protection to our fleet of boundary riders intent on maintaining their hairdos.

Having a team of ball players does wonders for your free kick count during the season, but when the tough pressure goes on in the finals, teams like WCE go missing.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:59 AM, Ron19 said:

WEST COAST and Fremantle's move to the new Perth Stadium could be delayed if a fair deal can't be struck with the venue's operators and Western Australian government.  

While the state-of-the-art venue at Burswood is about a year way from completion, both WA clubs are yet to agree to terms to play there.

The challenge comes after the Western Australian Football Commission lost out to the operators of Sydney's ANZ Stadium, VenuesLive, to run the brand new 60,000-seat arena.

"We have to look after our members to make sure it's not exorbitant to go to the football.

"That's been in the back of our minds with all the negotiations, so we have to try and look after the people who’ve supported both the clubs through their history."

Maybe a good initial commercial decision to sell the rights to the highest bidder, but it can only lead to much higher admission prices for the public. To do this to the people who have supported live games of AFL since it's inception could be a bad business plan in the long run. If families can no longer afford the big day out they will stay home and watch it on TV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, optad said:

If the dollars are not cool, poster uploads the opposing team avatar for two months. 

If this alex is a true 'pie' he will bite on one.

Don't misunderstand. Alex idolises the team that now has the longest Premiership drought, not Collingwood.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I'm still unsure about the value of Mitchell to WCE. However he cost nothing, and it's really about his future coaching plans, so if he doesn't perform as a player no big deal. If he is given a Midfielders Brownlow Medal it has nothing to do with the Eagles except perhaps making him a bigger bargain buy.

If nothing else his "sniping" abilities could add an extra dimension to our team of pussies. It's been a long time since we've had a decent mongrel player giving a bit of protection to our fleet of boundary riders intent on maintaining their hairdos.

Having a team of ball players does wonders for your free kick count during the season, but when the tough pressure goes on in the finals, teams like WCE go missing.

IMO, will add heaps.

Last years F&B winner.

Better player than Redden, Sheed and Hutchins.

Straight away gives us another A grade midfielder to go with Priddis and Shuey.

His onfield and offfield leadership will be huge for the young blokes.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 4:12 PM, Old Croc said:

Don't misunderstand. Alex idolises the team that now has the longest Premiership drought, not Collingwood.

And long may that continue.... No, in all seriousness, I emphasize with the saints having being subjected to Lyon, the draw then that bounce and veritable itinerancy. GL Alex and thx for the heads up Croc!

But if i am wrong again and it is melbourne, Alex you have zero sympathy from me!! 

The avatar bet stands for any pie out there. It is about the only game they get up for before fading mid season.  I smell change.

Edited by optad
1964 0r 66?

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:42 PM, Will27 said:

IMO, will add heaps.

Last years F&B winner.

Better player than Redden, Sheed and Hutchins.

Straight away gives us another A grade midfielder to go with Priddis and Shuey.

His onfield and offfield leadership will be huge for the young blokes.

Not arguing about his on or off field leadership skills, Will.

I'm a naturally suspicious person, and I wonder why the Hawks would let a player like him go so easily and cheaply.

The Hawks management are not known for their stupidity. Their record is impeccable. I think it must be more than just a freeing up their salary cap to later buy someone like Fyfe.

As Radar pointed out he has become a bit of a sniper in recent times, and that usually signals a slowing down or injury concerns. He's no longer a spring chicken and that coaching stint may be closer than many think.