Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Swans captain Kieren Jack announces engagement to Charlotte Goodlet.....how can we forget her? such a pretty girl, they make a lovely couple......to recap she's the girl mum doesn't like,

Toxic mothers are all too common.

I was at a wedding once when the mother of the groom stormed out, and refused to return, because she wasn't getting enough attention. The groom turned out to be so possessive he later kept his wife locked in the house all day when he went to work.

And who could forget the mother who cost Australia the Ashes by messing with her son's mind causing him to bowl like shit in a crucial game.

"THE mother of star fast bowler Mitchell Johnson says her son has been stolen from her by his karate champ girlfriend Jessica Bratich.

On the eve of the Ashes series in England, Vikki Harber also slammed Cricket Australia for turning its back on parents in favour of flying over "bitchy" girlfriends more interested in self-promotion than supporting their partners.

Ms Harber, 45, told the Herald Sun her once close relationship with her son had deteriorated since he started going out with Ms Bratich."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Another Apple FanBoy... 

Hey, does Apple pay you guys for the constant promotion you give their products?  

Nope there just dam good...Mac and iPad are perrrrrrrrrfect the phone? well 4 was excellent 5 battery life disgusting 6+ great phone and proble was solved if i took Apples offer of a new 6+ i just had enough of that thing in my  pocket.,...went smaller...

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Yep, sad but unsurprising.

I always thought Kerr shaded both of them and he's turn out to be a shitbag.

Shame shame shame again light bulbs not filtered in the rush of the human production line...

Surprise surprise...a nobody to you guys but a somebody to me and one of favourite players at the Dee's who was heading to the Lions a Dunn is now off to the Magpies....

Our of favour all season long for being a long kick into goal and not wanting to shoot it around short time in the back line is going going and soooooooooon gone......

The Pies now have virtually picked up half the AFL retards Buckley can kiss his arse goodbye.....we should run a new contest on how long the coaches like Bucks and Hardwick will last this season...

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that when a player from Sydney 'requests' a trade, AFL.com reports it as a 'shock'...but when the Western Bulldogs players who requested a trade have done so...it's not a shock/..

I mean...Xavier Richards and Toby nankervis requesting trades?  How many people outside Sydney supporters even know who these muppets are?...okay, Nankervis is not a muppet but hardly a required player...

hardly shocking that either of them want to leave to get regular 1st team games...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Lewis Gone......Delidio a Gaint.......only Gibbs too get over the line today...and a host of small fry....list fillers as Mr WILL puts it....

A number of shock moves this trade period, North ever so quite do they have something in them? Goldstein.....will he make that move? Vardy a list clogger at the Cats WILL is on his way to WCE....if he's in the team you can count theres only 17 on the field.

Tuohy is in principle a Cat deal to be worked out today, O'Meara could end up in the national draft i dare say the Hawks will pull it off today they couldnt risk that, The Blues are demanding  2 first round picks for Gibbs, Steve has been watching a lot of "Sex in the City" in recent years....someone forgot to tell him the show was canceled enos ago...

The 11th hour rush at  2 pm will include Drew...yes WILL has forgotten all about him....we havent.....burying your head in the soils of Isaan WILL did not make the deal disappear your worst nightmare will be played out during season 2017....at this point in time i would like to remind you we have a spare membership for you over here fella......please consider...Mitsubishi ....

I'm trying to forget about him Alexx, but won't be able to until the trading period is finished.

Read an article by a hack journo from WA yesterday that Drew is a certainty to be rookie drafted. <deleted>!

Now we've got Vardy, we don't need the big dish. Also have Lycett and NN (for later on in the year hopefully).

Anyway, the WC membership card is ready to go in the microwave if he gets picked.

The Hawks are leaving the JOM one until the last minute. Surely, after all of the kerfuffle with Mitchell and Lewis, they couldn't

miss out on him......could they?

Thought I'd throw the word kerfuffle in. I like it. It's not used as much as it used to be.  I'm bring it back baby!

• Like 2

Toby Nankervis is joining Dion Prestia at Richmond next year, Swans receiving Pick 46 in return, Josh Caddy also heading to Tigerland along with pick 56. Cats getting pick 24 and 54 in return...

Other trades completed on Tactical Thursday... Irishman Zac Touhy is heading to the Cattery along with a future second round pick and Billy Smedts is having a case of the Blues along with Pick 63...

Gibbs move to Adelaide has just begun it's final discussions with Carlton & Adelaide entering a room 

O'Meara to the Swans for Pick 14 or 17 plus Tippett or Sinclair is my wild card last minute trade to wrap up today's proceedings :P

Edited by GrantSmith
i before e except after c..
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

An interesting move, Swans traded Picks 39 and 52 to GWS in return for Pick 31... Looks like there might be a move happening.. Swans now hold picks 14, 17 and 31 in the first 2 rounds... 

We need to bring a few more young uns in for future seasons...

53 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Toby Nankervis is joining Dion Prestia at Richmond next year, Swans receiving Pick 46 in return, Josh Caddy also heading to Tigerland along with pick 56. Cats getting pick 24 and 54 in return...

Other trades completed on Tactical Thursday... Irishman Zac Touhy is heading to the Cattery along with a future second round pick and Billy Smedts is having a case of the Blues along with Pick 63...

Gibbs move to Adelaide has just begun it's final discussions with Carlton & Adelaide entering a room 

O'Meara to the Swans for Pick 14 or 17 plus Tippett or Sinclair is my wild card last minute trade to wrap up today's proceedings :P

Word is....

Sydney have offered Tippet to the Gold Coast...BUt Tippet has said he doesnt want to move..

23 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Nothing exciting happening at the end, O'Meara gets to Hawthorn with Hawthorn giving up Pick 10 and future 2nd round picks... Seems Cochrane's just a sound byte Chairman in the same mold as a host of other current Chairmen...

Yep, really disappointing by Cochrane.

Talked the talk but in the end didn't walk the walk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Yep, really disappointing by Cochrane.

Talked the talk but in the end didn't walk the walk.

What a goose!

He comes across as a buffoon...

He likes to say he is a man of his word...until he changes his mind of course

That trade also says a lot about the current system...where top clubs can just keep getting in top players form other clubs...because why?  The incumbent club cannot shop the player around for the best deal...

Allowing a club to get a best deal (and lets say that comes with having to salary match or something + using the valuation of trade picks as they are used now for academy/father Son) would see some actual equalisation

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Thank god...its all over.....i see we picked up a "who" from GWS never played a game and the Dee's think they got a bargain....Meanwhile Drew is keeping WILL on nervous tenterhooks, in the bag, in the bag....2 more drafts to go...WILL come cheap WILL...think what he will bring to the club in over 200 games worth of experience...im pretty sure he was playing when North won there last flag too....back in 96 wasn't it?

WCE will be known as dads army next season...

2 out of 3 aint bad...dam Steve, Crows offered the shirts off there backs just not enough...

By the end of next season GWS and the Suns will just about run out of all these early pics they received for joining the comp...where will Collingwood look in future?

Out of all of that who was the biggest winner? Last season it was obvious not so this year, Hawks building for a crack in 2 ys time Cats consolidating Dee's move up a couple of rungs, North shoot down to bottom 5 Pies go nowhere ho and the might Saints mid 8 for sure, Wills mob sorry fella mid table...Freo? mid table.....Saints for me they picked up some reasonable players quietly going about it no fan fare....

Hawks must have Fyfye or Martin in mind next season....

• Like 1

Trade wrap for SYdney?

Gone are 

Tommy Tradebait... He was ranked 4th or  5th best midfielder for us...and u can't keep em all... It's a loss, but not a great one. heeney is to come into the midfield and supposedly callum Mills also...Though they could be reluctant to move him from down back
Nankervis...No great loss... 
Xav Richards. He was offered a contract. No one else wanted him. He can stay at Sydney or go into teh draft.

Sydney have picks 9, 19, 46, 49 & 52

Not sure how much difference pick #9 to #14 makes...but there it is 

Overall...not much of anything. Not really sure we were looking for any particular player. We have all the required players on the list, just some need to step up and perform.

I'd believe that talk of trading Tippet out to save some $$ was on the mark...and i'd have been okay with that..

We still have that idiot Sam the Gangly Giraffe on out list...Injured more than he plays....and Alex Johnson should make a comeback next year...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Thank god...its all over.....i see we picked up a "who" from GWS never played a game and the Dee's think they got a bargain....Meanwhile Drew is keeping WILL on nervous tenterhooks, in the bag, in the bag....2 more drafts to go...WILL come cheap WILL...think what he will bring to the club in over 200 games worth of experience...im pretty sure he was playing when North won there last flag too....back in 96 wasn't it?

WCE will be known as dads army next season...

2 out of 3 aint bad...dam Steve, Crows offered the shirts off there backs just not enough...

By the end of next season GWS and the Suns will just about run out of all these early pics they received for joining the comp...where will Collingwood look in future?

Out of all of that who was the biggest winner? Last season it was obvious not so this year, Hawks building for a crack in 2 ys time Cats consolidating Dee's move up a couple of rungs, North shoot down to bottom 5 Pies go nowhere ho and the might Saints mid 8 for sure, Wills mob sorry fella mid table...Freo? mid table.....Saints for me they picked up some reasonable players quietly going about it no fan fare....

I don't know where my boys will finish.

It was so tight last year and we still got 16 wins.

I think from the 8,  Geelong, Hawthorn and Norf will slip, Norf dramatically.

From outside the 8, it's hard to imagine Freo, Essendon, Melbourne and the Saints not improving.

Going to be another interesting year.

One thing for sure, now the Bulldogs have won a premiership, a lot of the love for them will be gone from neutral supporters.

• Like 2