Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

In addition to the big player moves by the Hawks, they also last week gave St Kilda two second-round picks (23 and 36) in this year’s draft and their first selection in the 2017 draft.

The Saints coughed up picks 10 and 68 in the upcoming national draft in a trade that bamboozled most football experts.

“I think a lot of other clubs are sitting there thinking, what the hell are they doing and what do they have up their sleeve?” explained Anderson.

“When that deal got done the other day with St Kilda, the swap of picks – I spoke to a couple of other clubs over the weekend and they just scratched their heads.

“They just thought it was one of the great lootings of all time (from St Kilda’s perspective).

“St Kilda can’t lose out of that deal and it gives them some ammunition to trade back up this year or hold onto it next year, the question is what Hawthorn’s end game in all of this?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/10/17/anderson-has-no-idea-what-hawks-are-up-to/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

88  88  88 88888888888.........Lewis cost us pick 88 can you believe it?

Cheshire cat here....smiling all the way to the bank.........its like daylight robbery under there very noses......pass the gravy WILL....wait we already have it.....breaking out the JW Black tonight guys...

Lewis cost us nothing absolutely nothing....what a dud pick 88 is and the Hawks have 2 in the 80s....lol

Am I missing something?

Has the deal been done?

Can't believe Hawthorn would let him go for pick 88:blink:

Nice work by the Dee's if this comes off.

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Am I missing something?

Has the deal been done?

Can't believe Hawthorn would let him go for pick 88:blink:

Nice work by the Dee's if this comes off.

Done and dusted fella...in the bag pearl handle steak knifes thrown in.....all for pick 88 and you can believe it.....I guess they thought originally that Lewis was the best option for trading to release $$$$ but woe and behold  once Mitchell showed interest in moving to WCE Lewis was required, I'm guessing they only wanted to move on one veteran....in the end it backfired, some poor handling by the Hawks here and the Dee's are no slouches in trading for good players just hope Lewis doesn't spend his contract in sick bay as did Mitch Clarke and Dawes.....we just about sent HBA broke with those 2....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

The Lewis deal is done its everywhere in Melbourne tonight WILL.....will be ratified tomorrow...... apparently the train out to Waverly had sullen faces tonight....in total disbelief that not just Mitchell is gone but now Lewis as well...Wish i was on that train....hehehe

23 minutes ago, Will27 said:

James Aish.....what a guy!

7f0d925d561961b64b88b99e04ecd879.jpg

I think this teaches women to put the bloody toilet seat back up when thier finnished.  Modern world and equality for both sees,  sorry darling, start thinking it's raining and matey you might need one of these umbrella thingies.

Is this Journo suggesting that Hawthorn will be making a play for Nat Fyfe next year?  Or indeed suggesting it is a done deal?

++++++++

...But they did sign them all. Presumably Clarkson returned to his conversations with these veterans as he did with Mitchell and Lewis and asked again in light of this year's finish if they remained keen to play on.

If Mitchell was to have stayed on and retired at the end of next season and potentially Lewis also played through next year without a contract extension Hawthorn would have had five out the door at once. Only the Australian test team manages to contrive a cack-handed mass exodus like that.

Hawthorn would have also cast an eye back over the season and felt they struggled in contested ball and clearances against the best teams this year. They needed to change the mix.

Hawthorn had the money in their salary cap to afford to keep Mitchell and Lewis and yet bring in Ty Vickery, Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara. That means that should Lewis join Mitchell out the door the Hawks will save seven figures in wages next year, room that will mean they will front nd contracts and have huge scope for a big free agent in 12 months time. That might be the moment the unfathomable pieces of the past week finally fall more clearly into place.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-making-sense-of-hawthorn-20161017-gs4aqn.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

I think this teaches women to put the bloody toilet seat back up when thier finnished.  Modern world and equality for both sees,  sorry darling, start thinking it's raining and matey you might need one of these umbrella thingies.

Careful guy,, he’s not getting wet,, wonder if he wears a “raincoat” too,,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Is this Journo suggesting that Hawthorn will be making a play for Nat Fyfe next year?  Or indeed suggesting it is a done deal?

++++++++

...But they did sign them all. Presumably Clarkson returned to his conversations with these veterans as he did with Mitchell and Lewis and asked again in light of this year's finish if they remained keen to play on.

If Mitchell was to have stayed on and retired at the end of next season and potentially Lewis also played through next year without a contract extension Hawthorn would have had five out the door at once. Only the Australian test team manages to contrive a cack-handed mass exodus like that.

Hawthorn would have also cast an eye back over the season and felt they struggled in contested ball and clearances against the best teams this year. They needed to change the mix.

Hawthorn had the money in their salary cap to afford to keep Mitchell and Lewis and yet bring in Ty Vickery, Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara. That means that should Lewis join Mitchell out the door the Hawks will save seven figures in wages next year, room that will mean they will front nd contracts and have huge scope for a big free agent in 12 months time. That might be the moment the unfathomable pieces of the past week finally fall more clearly into place.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-making-sense-of-hawthorn-20161017-gs4aqn.html

Yes i read that earlier today , Fyth the human hair mop is a free agent end of next year.

There cooking up something for sure still they hadnt planned on loosing both Mitchell and Lewis at the same time, 1&2 B&F and captain and Vice captain they screwed up big time the mistake was to let Mitchell go, Lewis at 30 and 1 year left on a contract was very tradable Mitchell at 34 well who would have thought right? 

Still these 2 are out right champions there were 3 other veterans in there who had ordinary years who they choose to hang on to....why?

Lewis was gone before Mitchell the Hawks jumped at the chance to off load Mitchell to WCE then tried to talk Lewis out of moving to the Dee's the problem was Lewis had 3 promised years with the Dee's only 1 at the Hawks...And Lewis had chosen Melbourne so I'm guessing merda and been brewing for a while....

In the end they wont miss them so much unless of course the core group of Hawks feel wronged, either this will kick start the Hawks or it could do the opposite and Alice could be looking for a new job in a season and a half...

• Like 2

Brian Lake said yesterday that he thinks Hawthorn traded Mitchell and possibly Lewis and kept Hodge and Burgoyne is

because Hodge and Burgoyne can play on-ball, forward etc whereas Mitchell and Lewis are primarily on-ballers , 1 role players.

He did say that the Lewis issue looked a bit untidy.

He was of the opinion that he thought Lewis only had 1 good year left in him so could understand Hawthorn's position.

I think the media have been really soft on Hawthorn over this.

Probably scared of Clarkson.

Norf got slaughtered the way they handled their player retirements.

Could you imagine if Geelong treated their premiership hero's like this?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Alex, you're working beautifully over the trade period:thumbsup:

Happy too Keep you entertained Mr WILL....i leave saturday so you all can have a rest from me....im expecting to bump into Drew spending his sign own fee at Warner bros studios or perhaps walking the Malecon in Havana...i will keep you posted if i do see him hopefully i can get an autograph for you would you like it signed on the bottom of a pretty mulatta?

I heard on the grapevine Centerlink in light of Mitchell joining  just wanting confirmation of Petrie to open a sup branch at the Eagles training ground....you wont have to go far to update your details hey WILL?

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Yes Untidy from North and Hawthorn a new era has arrived, up until this trade period they could count on a bulk of players showing loyalty....

Check book football is back the better players will now chase the $, the AFL is beginning to resemple the English premier league ..........it was coming now its here, i dout the days a Rocca walks out on Sydney to join the Pies  because he barracked for the club as kid we will see again, even Mark Willams at first hung back so he could get to the Pies are gone....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Lewis one year in him? WILL....its what he brings to the club....didnt i say something about older players? there only going down....im just happy to pull one over the pillaging Hawks...

I would take Lewis in a heart beat at West Coast.

A 2 year deal with an option/trigger clauses  would've been perfect but sometimes all of the time, you have to give a bit more to

get a player under contract.

Sad to report that Ben Cousins has been arrested again overnight.

He was charged with possession of meth and breaching VROs.

I have always considered him to be the best footballer I have seen, better than Judd, but I feel his story will end with a meeting with his mate Mainwaring 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

B

After the drama yesterday of The Dee's landing Lewis i have time now to asses my new Iphone7.....did not want to upgrade but my 6+ was experiencing touch disease Apple were happy to change it i decided to go back to a smaller phone so it can fit in my pocket, more comfortable....well i think i dont like the new tapic engine, it replaces the push home button, set on the lightest it feels....ummm yuk after a week I'm still not use to it, has a much better camera so its a win for you guys when i post a few picks of my up and coming trip....Apple better not have issues with  the Tapic engine or my love affair with iPhone will be over super pronto, buying a phone these days is like investing in a house they cost so much....

Another Apple FanBoy... 

Hey, does Apple pay you guys for the constant promotion you give their products?  

Swans Trade News

Swans have said they aren't interested in trades, but want selections from the draft.

Tommy Tradebait has gone...as mentioned here about 12 months back, he was never staying at Sydney...Hawks might be looking less appealing if they don't land O'Meara...of course there is Fyfe next year..but Freo can match the Fyfe offer??

Xavier Richards has requested a trade..Who?  ... Exactly... 

Toby Nankervis has requested a trade...he had an offer on the table. but i'm guessing he is 4th choice ruck behind Tippet, Naismith, Stinklair....How much are we paying that numpty Sinclair??  Nankervis shows some promise....but he struggles to go the whole game

38 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Sad to report that Ben Cousins has been arrested again overnight.

He was charged with possession of meth and breaching VROs.

I have always considered him to be the best footballer I have seen, better than Judd, but I feel his story will end with a meeting with his mate Mainwaring 

Yep, sad but unsurprising.

I always thought Kerr shaded both of them and he's turn out to be a shitbag.

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Yep, sad but unsurprising.

I always thought Kerr shaded both of them and he's turn out to be a shitbag.

I nearly mentioned Kerr there, potentially the best of the lot, but he was always sabotaging his playing career by head hunting on the field and by getting into numerous incidents off it.

The fact that Cousins managed 270 games was incredible, all things considered, including the travel factor.

• Like 1

Christ, imagine how Roughy is feeling, all his mates walking out on him... You wonder what impact that has on a bloke going through what he is at the moment.

Tracking Xavier Richards? Neither is anyone else but Collingwood noted that they weren't interested, in case anyone was wondering...