Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

Can I use my AFL Live Pass overseas?

Live streaming and premium content is not available to our customers if they are roaming outside of Australia and New Zealand. For more information on international broadcast details please visit the following link: http://watchafl.afl.com.au.

From the look of the above mentioned statement Live Pass is only for use inside Australia as it utilises Telstra.

I have 30mbs wifi connection here in the village in Issan so it looks like I may have to fork out for the Pub Pass to get a pay annually subscription.

Payment of monthly charges is my problem as I have no banking ties to Oz,normally I give the fees to my mate on his once a year visit and he pays it on his return to OZ.

At near 80, footy is one of the few enjoyments left in life.:smile: 

Mate

The pass is to watch for outside of Australia.

Your internet is more than strong enough.

Stump $150 and get a Dockers membership or you can wait and trial 365sport.tv when the season starts.

What is WatchAFL?

WatchAFL is an 'out of market' subscription based service offering live streams and on demand replays of the Australian Football League.

'Out of market' means any country outside of Australia.

The service allows you to watch AFL games in real time on your personal computers, tablets and mobile devices. You can also catch up on any of the action you've missed (or fancy watching again) with our On-Demand service.

Additionally the service also provides access to a 24/7 streaming AFL TV channel, showing classic games and other great AFL content.

As part of the license for our product, WatchAFL, we do not hold the digital rights for content in Australia. The AFL do offer separate services in partnership with their local media partners for fans in Australia.

17 hours ago, joboss said:

Dee's may go close 2017....

You know the nearer your destination 
The more you're slip slidin' away

I think Dee's will Finnish higher than the Eagles young man....WCE struggled away from home all season long then they go out and get a couple of grandads, one is an ok player but new club new players i dout he will be as effective as when he was with the Hawks as for Drew, yeah a couple of games after that he's just dead wood...North didn't do any good when the business end of the season came around and your team fella hasn't really recruited well so bye bye birdie bye bye....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Gee some people make it a hard work.....

Go look here..............AFL Global Pass.....

http://watchafl.afl.com.au

Let your fingers do the walking....Google is your friend....

2017 Dee's membership package @ $199 a steel....all you need is a credit card or if your game....a key card will with visa or mastercard thingamiaggig showing on it...

https://membership.melbournefc.com.au/packages/view/199/International-Digital-Membership

40% off your new Dee t-shirt OZZ plus if you can manage a trip home to Melbourne they will throw in a free ticket to a game for you to go see.....

Support your club fella forget WCE WILL just wants you to help prop up one of the richest clubs in the land to help pay for Drew and Mitchell.....

If by some chance you dont use a credit card or key card go out the back with your very young isaan wife and catch a few chooks, throw in a pig box them then send by air freight to .....MFC
Ph: (03) 9652 1111
PO Box 254 East Melbourne Victoria 8002
Email: [email protected]

The lads will enjoy your roast chooks and pig after practice and you my friend will have a life time supply of global pass......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Mate

The pass is to watch for outside of Australia.

Your internet is more than strong enough.

Stump $150 and get a Dockers membership or you can wait and trial 365sport.tv when the season starts.

What is WatchAFL?

WatchAFL is an 'out of market' subscription based service offering live streams and on demand replays of the Australian Football League.

'Out of market' means any country outside of Australia.

The service allows you to watch AFL games in real time on your personal computers, tablets and mobile devices. You can also catch up on any of the action you've missed (or fancy watching again) with our On-Demand service.

Additionally the service also provides access to a 24/7 streaming AFL TV channel, showing classic games and other great AFL content.

As part of the license for our product, WatchAFL, we do not hold the digital rights for content in Australia. The AFL do offer separate services in partnership with their local media partners for fans in Australia.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Melbourne Football Club. It is great to see you’re interested in a membership for the 2017 season.

As the AFL is waiting on confirmation of a service provider, we are yet to have any details of the pricing or package for watch AFL live. However, I will place you on a mailing list so you can be informed once this packages has been confirmed.

Thank you for your patience and please let me know should you have any additional questions.

Many thanks,

This is the reply from MFC,it would appear that the afl has still to finalise details for the upcoming season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Melbourne Football Club. It is great to see you’re interested in a membership for the 2017 season.

As the AFL is waiting on confirmation of a service provider, we are yet to have any details of the pricing or package for watch AFL live. However, I will place you on a mailing list so you can be informed once this packages has been confirmed.

Thank you for your patience and please let me know should you have any additional questions.

Many thanks,

This is the reply from MFC,it would appear that the afl has still to finalise details for the upcoming season.

Mate

Sounds like they will adopt the new pricing for sure.

That's why some of the clubs aren't advertising it yet as they're not sure how much it will be.

I would be getting a Dockers membership for 150 jaspers.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:08 PM, optad said:

Hawthorn wanted Mitchell [tom, son of barry] desperately and he was not so much a dollar problem as picks. JOM, was both a problem for both picks and really dollars, high 700s for five years. Hawthorn were dealing with 2017/8 problems early in a list management stratagem that gave them players and cap. 

Oh, a new poster.

I hope Chooka doesn't scare you away with all the nude selfies he likes to bombard us with in PMs

• Like 2

Chimpy has been stirring up some trouble with the players association.

He has been hammering them for years about the raw deal they have been getting on the proceeds of the game.

The AFl boffins give the players a fixed amount, based on estimated earnings, rather than a percentage.

Surprise, surprise, the actual earnings have always surpassed estimated earnings.

The average player earns okay.... He has to to be able to afford the weekend fix of recreational drugs and hookers they all like so much...But there is always more they could be earning...

Smiling Gil, the poster boy for narcissism, learnt his head in the trough bobbing techniques from the fattest pig on the block, Mr Arrogance himself, Andrew Demetriou. Business class and 7 star luxury all the way for these fellas. 23% superannuation contribution with a built in rub-n-tug allowance on overseas fact finding missions to the maldives...

So, Chimpy has been agitating with his best bud down at Geelong (it was Chimpy who saw that move go through originally of course) for a Players strike, and it looks like things are aligning very nicely.

I personally asked Chimps if he could time the strike so the NAB cup (or whatever pre season name they give it) can be cancelled , for the good of all.

AFL strike during pre-season is possible: Patrick Dangerfield

Brownlow medallist and Geelong superstar Patrick Dangerfield says the players will not back down in their search for a percentage-based agreement in the CBA – and says there remains the chance that players will strike in the pre-season series if the AFL doesn't meet their demands. 

The comments come amid revelations that the AFL is refusing to negotiate with the Players Association about the CBA. 

he AFLPA and its delegates from across the country are meeting in Torquay on Thursday and Friday. 

While the players' union was hoping that league chief Gillon McLachlan would be in attendance, Fairfax Media understands he won't make the trip down the highway, but instead two of Ray Gunston, Mark Evans and Andrew Dillon – the AFL's negotiation team for the CBA – will represent the league and present at the conference.   

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-strike-during-preseason-is-possible-patrick-dangerfield-20161207-gt5ssp.html

• Like 1

So many on this forum morph into many other things, it would not surprise me if you are right there. 

Very red and black and positive re 2017. Not that that would bait anyone here I'm sure. 

'Cept that melbourne crank... Who was he?

I chide...

Edited by optad

The term 'crank'  was  very jovial and used in the good vigour that this thread reads. I did try to temper the post with an edit .... but you were a little quick! 

I am sure Alex and I will be okay. He has learnt football the hard way barracking for the dees. I can listen. 

• Like 1

Fellas.......the link to the Dees ar $199 was today and it said on the top of the page for 2017....

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP 

WATCH ALL GAMES LIVE FROM YOUR PHONE OR TABLET WHILST OVERSEAS 

An International membership is the perfect membership for those who want to support the Club but are based overseas and cannot necessarily get to a game. The membership includes:

• 2017 membership pack
  • Access to WatchAFL Live pass enabling you to watch every AFL game of the 2017 season live on your smart phone or tablet
  • 40% off Demon Shop voucher (single use only)
  • Access to a FREE ticket to one Melbourne Home game

Existing members can purchase the International Digital Add-on, on top of their membership to watch all 2017 games live. 

This pass is not viewable in Australia or New Zealand.

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP 

An International membership is the perfect membership for those who want to support the Club but are based overseas and cannot necessarily get to a game. The membership includes:

• 2017 membership pack
  • Access to WatchAFL Live pass enabling you to watch every AFL game of the 2017 season live on your smart phone or tablet

Existing members can purchase the International Digital Add-on, on top of their membership to watch all 2017 games live. 

Justin case you missed the first one....

Hibberd will serve you well, break permitting/maintaining form. Excellent off half back and his run was worthy of your pick. I wish you the best with Michael.

Melksham hopefully has matured but gives you hardness Melbourne desperately needs. MFC has always has needed an external hardness. From what i remember elder states personship and Jake is a bi lateral challenge but the break will see me wrong I am sure. Nonetheless, I am happy we are freed up on the list for his type.

Suits Melbourne.

Good luck Alex. Goood year for melb.

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Fellas.......the link to the Dees ar $199 was today and it said on the top of the page for 2017....

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP 

• 2017 membership pack

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP 

• 2017 membership pack

Justin case you missed the first one....

I think the internationa digital setup is different to the streamed watchafl as it requires an add on and can only be used with a smart phone or tablet and NOT a pc which sounds like a roaming telecommunication setup , if it the same system used by NRL ,it can cost an arm and a leg to operate,

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

We dont need your money we got two of your better players.....i hear its very cold in Hobart in winter......million plus in the poo.....

Do you want that useless druggie Carlisle, we will throw in the useless broken down hack McCartin for free also oh and Freeman.  Between them they have played 17 games in 3 years

• Like 1

Send Carlisle back chook if you don't want him. He will return from the sin bin and good play good football on field. Any team would want that talent. Mark this post round five.

The Lovett thing was weird for timing and culture. He landed where it was at at the time, ne pas? But the pick was on the money, just hours too early. 

59 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Do you want that useless druggie Carlisle, we will throw in the useless broken down hack McCartin for free also oh and Freeman.  Between them they have played 17 games in 3 years

U could have replaced McCartin with Xavier Richards...

Frankly I'm surprised you didnt.  Come seasons end you guys are usually hanging around for any leftovers we have

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozzydom said:

I think the internationa digital setup is different to the streamed watchafl as it requires an add on and can only be used with a smart phone or tablet and NOT a pc which sounds like a roaming telecommunication setup , if it the same system used by NRL ,it can cost an arm and a leg to operate,

Mate

They're one and the same.

I used to watch mine on my TV using a HDMI cable connected to my laptop.

Then I got an android box and watch it through the app.