Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 3/15/2017 at 1:32 AM, AlexRRR said:

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Dont you worry about a thing there old fella....you just get your picks in every week and leave the admin and thinking to us who are capable of it....

And if you should win it again...im going to run it next year.....and guess what?

What?   Please reply,,, I can't sleep...

• Like 1

Loose end being tidied. Thx rip and ron.

Week before the opening game and week after the grand final are two different kinds of absences.  

Sports writers doing their previews rather than post mortems is emblematic of whats to come or .....not depending who you support. But glad to have the footy back.

Good luck everyone!

Connolly has a preview here. nothing brave or bold but i think the season might just be closer than in past years. Percentiles might matter. 

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rohan-connolly-predicts-the-2017-afl-season-final-ladder-20170316-guzkfk.html

Rohan Connolly's 2017 Ladder

Place Club
1 Sydney SwansSYDNEY SWANS
2 GWSGWS
3 Western BulldogsWESTERN BULLDOGS
4 West Coast EaglesWEST COAST EAGLES
5 St KildaST KILDA
6 HawthornHAWTHORN
7 MelbourneMELBOURNE
8 CollingwoodCOLLINGWOOD
9 AdelaideAdelaide Crows
10 GeelongGeelong Cats
11 North MelbourneNorth Melbourne
12 EssendonEssendon
13 Gold CoastGold Coast Suns
14 FremantleFremantle
15 RichmondRichmond
16 Port AdelaidePort Adelaide
17 CarltonCarlton
18 Brisbane LionsBrisbane Lions

• Like 1

Ahhhh what a writer, game to think the cats wo t Finnish in the 8, top 3 without a dout in my mind, pretty much picked who I think will replace a few in the 8, Pies, Dee's and Saints, he and I beg to differ he's saying Crows, Cats and Roos out I would swap WCE with the Cats....

Here we go go goooo

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Wandered over to the Carlton v Brisbane game at Ikon Park today. A hot day meant most of the 6,000 in attendance kept undercover. After a low scoring first half, Brisbane stepped up a gear to lead by 25 points, seven minutes in to the final quarter. Lions fans seemed to outnumber Blues fans judging by the cheers, but Carlton mounted a late comeback to draw the game with seconds to go.

First AFLW game I've seen live. Scoring remains a problem despite some quality 50 meter goals. The AFL might want to look at shortening the length of the ground a bit as a first half with only a goal apiece was not ideal.

It was great to see football being played at Princes Park. The worst of the falling apart bench seating has been replaced by plastic seating, but if this is ever to be a serious venue for AFL again the decrepit Gardiner stand,  popular today in the heat, needs to be replaced before it falls down.

TV1.jpg

12 hours ago, kkerry said:

Wandered over to the Carlton v Brisbane game at Ikon Park today. A hot day meant most of the 6,000 in attendance kept undercover. After a low scoring first half, Brisbane stepped up a gear to lead by 25 points, seven minutes in to the final quarter. Lions fans seemed to outnumber Blues fans judging by the cheers, but Carlton mounted a late comeback to draw the game with seconds to go.

First AFLW game I've seen live. Scoring remains a problem despite some quality 50 meter goals. The AFL might want to look at shortening the length of the ground a bit as a first half with only a goal apiece was not ideal.

It was great to see football being played at Princes Park. The worst of the falling apart bench seating has been replaced by plastic seating, but if this is ever to be a serious venue for AFL again the decrepit Gardiner stand,  popular today in the heat, needs to be replaced before it falls down.

TV1.jpg

The novelty has worn off the womens league, it's no longer trendy and no one is watching anymore.  The AFL experimented and it fizzled out.

On 3/18/2017 at 6:02 AM, optad said:

Loose end being tidied. Thx rip and ron.

Week before the opening game and week after the grand final are two different kinds of absences.  

Sports writers doing their previews rather than post mortems is emblematic of whats to come or .....not depending who you support. But glad to have the footy back.

Good luck everyone!

Connolly has a preview here. nothing brave or bold but i think the season might just be closer than in past years. Percentiles might matter. 

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rohan-connolly-predicts-the-2017-afl-season-final-ladder-20170316-guzkfk.html

Rohan Connolly's 2017 Ladder

Place Club
1 Sydney SwansSYDNEY SWANS
2 GWSGWS
3 Western BulldogsWESTERN BULLDOGS
4 West Coast EaglesWEST COAST EAGLES
5 St KildaST KILDA
6 HawthornHAWTHORN
7 MelbourneMELBOURNE
8 CollingwoodCOLLINGWOOD
9 AdelaideAdelaide Crows
10 GeelongGeelong Cats
11 North MelbourneNorth Melbourne
12 EssendonEssendon
13 Gold CoastGold Coast Suns
14 FremantleFremantle
15 RichmondRichmond
16 Port AdelaidePort Adelaide
17 CarltonCarlton
18 Brisbane LionsBrisbane Lions

I wouldn't have the saints at 5th a more reasonable 8th.  SEN had a wrap up of the 2017 season which saw GWS win thier 1st flag.  The season is apparently over and only being used to see which of the other 17 teams gets to loose to GWS at the night grand final.

• Like 2

The Women's AFL was like a bunch of girls playing football, I did not like, maybe if they were nude it could be a good spectator sport but some of them did look a bit manly.
As for Princess Park I have not been there compared to my brother who has been there 3 times and Alex, I am not sure how many times he has been but I hope in future to both stop multi postings for the same thing!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

FANTASY TIME ........re jigging after the jlt series saw some changes to the line up ....

This year I resisted un like last year to stack the team with Dee's, i did it the first year which ended up proving beneficial though last season it was my undoing....so the only guy that picked himself was big Max Gawn, he went straight in as no 1 ruckman, the delima of salary cap and finding a cheap ruckman that should be ready to explode wasnt hard to find....T Boyd came of age in the grand final mr million $ man a cheap 350 approx could be anything still...

In the end i have added a few Dee's and the reason is the team is ready to shake it up....T McDonald comes in at Centre half back will be the general in the defensive third and now will be able to concentrate on his own game thanks to Hibbered and hopelful a very fit Garland being in the back 6...

Hogan was always going to get picked and in he comes, averages around 79 last season saw him play a more early type of Franklin game often found around the centre and driving it in, very good in contested marks, with an improved mid hes going to get more chances and im expecting his score to get into the mid 80's on average this year....

Had to leave out glamor boy J Watts, actually priced higher than Hogan, form not good enough as of yet but my kid will bounce back...the Dees have yet to still find a position for him....i liked him roaming across half back line as a loose defender, superb skills and one of the best hit you on the chest kicks in the team...

So 3 Dee's in my 18, J Spencer comes in as sup ruckman from all accounts will be pushing hard for a spot in the team, talk is the Dee's will run 2 ruckmen this season, Max needs to be on the ground the entire game especially or his numbers will slide...so interesting here....The other Dee sub is M Weideman still a slight body but is bulking up, key forward is how hes seen and proberbly a season or two from a regular is a cheap in and will get game time im sure of......

I have added a Saint to my list...never ever thought i could find one good enough.....hehe

Dustin Martin is my captain contract season coming up Brownlow contender hes playing for a 5 year deal worth over 12 million big ones...

The Hair Mop is Vice ...captain not as in Miami or back alley girl bars of BKK....under priced, if played in the mid most of the season will rack up 110 averages also out of contract will be looking for his big pay day as well....

Well thats my theory....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

The Women's AFL was like a bunch of girls playing football, I did not like, maybe if they were nude it could be a good spectator sport but some of them did look a bit manly.
As for Princess Park I have not been there compared to my brother who has been there 3 times and Alex, I am not sure how many times he has been but I hope in future to both stop multi postings for the same thing!!

A bit manly.

That's a bit harsh:tongue:

1489936753792.jpg

• Like 2

Ahhh Princes Park...was the Hawks home ground for a long time 70's 80's and just down the road from me too.....was in the "other" dark period of the Melbourne Demons who after sacking Norm Smith then reinstating him only to quit end of 66 following Barrasi's move to Princess Park was a refuge for us Demons....unashamedly while we were languishing with the hapless saints raffeling off who would come last for that season i took the Might Hawks as my second team...

Was bliss to watch something decent and the added fact it was 10 min from home so yeah i went often to see the Hawks play there, sure i caught plenty of Dee blues games there too ...

In fact ive been to all the grounds..hey i did my apprentiship following the red and blue rabble around in those dark days...

The Blues army after the demise of cheque book football have yet still to come to terms with there low status, it wasnt untill that crook dentist who happened to be my dentist when i was a young kid...also used to inject me with water as a pain killer as i felt every drill took over the Blues did they go anywhere....i wont mention his name was Harris...prick....and boy did learn a few things about him one day...the only prisoner of war in a Japanese camp who put on weight is how the story goes....suprised the ass hole ...was in a position to get caught...

Ahh the good old days....by the way its only now after something like 30 plus years i dont hang on to the dentists chair like grim death when facing the drill....that bastared scared me for years....

Ps....the multipul posts were from crappy Thai mobile net and me being taken by the ravishing beauty of my date last night....

A bit manly.

That's a bit harsh:tongue:

1489936753792.jpg.86f970390d5f42b38d6e976fea39d91e.jpg

Not harsh at all....half the Dee's team must be butch...very obvious in the team photos WILL....

They the recruiters wanna get out here around Lad Phrao Central its the home of the middle class Toms....thats thai version of Butch WILL.....pocket ship battleships here ready for AFL....wide asses walking around holding hands with petite pretty things...My god i cringe when i see....men cant be that ugly that they choose a Tom....

Must be hard for you living in the wilderness.....not seeing a soul for days on end...just finding a blade of grass is exciting untill footy season rolls around...
  • Like 2

AFL

PREVIEW | UNPRECEDENTED TALENT STOCKPILE TO FUEL GWS FLAG PUSH

Former Melbourne star Garry Lyon says anything less than a maiden Grand Final appearance for Greater Western Sydney in 2017 will be a failure, as he declares their list as scary for the rest of the competition.

He said for every young superstar another club has, the Giants have the best part of 30, which is a frightening proposition.

“I think anything less than a Grand Final will be a failure,” Lyon said on SEN Breakfast.

“They’re an awesome list when you look at it and I think the rapid development of these kids is a surprise to no-one.

“When a Carlton, or a Melbourne, or a St Kilda get a (Paddy) McCartin, (Jack) Billings or a (Christian) Petracca you get so excited when you see this rate of development.

“They have 30 of them, so whatever side you barrack for, think of your best kid, your out and out best kid, they have 30 of them. Half of them won’t be getting a game, they will be running around in the NEAFL.

“The other scary thing is that this list, for the guys that don’t play they will just continue to trade them off for future early picks, so they can just regenerate.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/03/19/preview-or-unprecedented-talent-stockpile-to-fuel-gws-flag-push/

7 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

Just putting this up again a couple of new members hopefully for the tipping. Can the spreadsheet be posted again as well as the ladder forecast please

Also I tried to get into the fantasy league but the code does not find a league

The league name is THAILAND MOB. The code is  FVUTSSLN.  If you still have a problem P.M an email address you used to join fantasy and I will send a personal invite.  

I have the league set at 8 teams and we currently have 7 registered.  You will be 8 and that means it's full and no blow ins.  Will play each other twice starting round 3.  If others want to join let me know and I can increase the league size.  Don't want to increase it as yet because if it isn't filled the AFL will fill it like last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

There are problems in thaivisa, I am working on clearing double ups now.

AFL

PREVIEW | UNPRECEDENTED TALENT STOCKPILE TO FUEL GWS FLAG PUSH

Former Melbourne star Garry Lyon says anything less than a maiden Grand Final appearance for Greater Western Sydney in 2017 will be a failure, as he declares their list as scary for the rest of the competition.

He said for every young superstar another club has, the Giants have the best part of 30, which is a frightening proposition.

“I think anything less than a Grand Final will be a failure,” Lyon said on SEN Breakfast.

“They’re an awesome list when you look at it and I think the rapid development of these kids is a surprise to no-one.

“When a Carlton, or a Melbourne, or a St Kilda get a (Paddy) McCartin, (Jack) Billings or a (Christian) Petracca you get so excited when you see this rate of development.

“They have 30 of them, so whatever side you barrack for, think of your best kid, your out and out best kid, they have 30 of them. Half of them won’t be getting a game, they will be running around in the NEAFL.

“The other scary thing is that this list, for the guys that don’t play they will just continue to trade them off for future early picks, so they can just regenerate.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/03/19/preview-or-unprecedented-talent-stockpile-to-fuel-gws-flag-push/

Would not rate anything one G Lyon has to say, hairless leg number 3 for the Dee's former captain who was a consultant down there at Jolimont during the dark days and let's not forget was instrumental in getting one Mark Neddle as coach..... ho watch your ex girl friend and ex wife when he's around...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

16 hours ago, kkerry said:

So you've been to Ikon Park three times Ron... good to know :thumbsup:

I think you need to know this, I have never been to Ikon Park but went to Princes Park twice, is the Robert Heatley stand still there ? The 1st time was to see the champion from East Fremantle, Graham Melrose play his 1st game for Norths. Never did anything and was copping stick from the crowd so we pulled the pin and caught a tram or trams (can't remember whether it was one or two) back to our pub The Beehive in Hawthorn. Checked out and drove down to Geelong for the night and had a great night there talking football with  the locals.

That's where I found out that Melrose  had 17 touches in the final quarter. 

FFFF or what ever is acceptable language amongst grown men. :whistling:

Image result for Robert Heatley stand princes park

Round 1 match previews of fantasy....

JoBoss Vs BLUEsteel Dees.....Boss has the woods over the former premiers...(like how I got that in?) but the Dees looking good, tight game can go either way...second year blues could be a factor for the Boss....

Chiangmai Saints Vs bangkok bombers. Gees optus you could have used capitals....done and dusted CM Saints will wipe the bkk bombers off the face of the earth.....Chooks is a hard man to beat...19 on the Trott....you got your work cutout for you in your very first game OPTUS....

Rips Swans Vs GrannysApples...well really this is the game of the round 2 proven finalists Grant would be the most consistent TV fanatsy player either way in a very tight game not game to pick a wimner here....

Fj Flyers vs DikyDoks. ...reminds me in my first season sending up my club....will Gaz do the same and come from a loooooooong way behind and blitz the league?.....No he wont....your doomed son.....Fj is like his North, looks good wins a few looses a few claims hes in the Phillipines so this is your big chance to get a win first off since he's unlikely to make changes to his line up......

Here we go here we go go gooooo

[red]JoBoss Vs BLUEsteel Dees.....Boss has the woods over the former premiers...(like how I got that in?) but the Dees looking good, tight game can go either way...second year blues could be a factor for the Boss [/red]

Round 1 match previews of fantasy....

JoBoss Vs BLUEsteel Dees.....Boss has the woods over the former premiers...(like how I got that in?) but the Dees looking good, tight game can go either way...second year blues could be a factor for the Boss....

Chiangmai Saints Vs bangkok bombers. Gees optus you could have used capitals....done and dusted CM Saints will wipe the bkk bombers off the face of the earth.....Chooks is a hard man to beat...19 on the Trott....you got your work cutout for you in your very first game OPTUS....

Rips Swans Vs GrannysApples...well really this is the game of the round 2 proven finalists Grant would be the most consistent TV fanatsy player either way in a very tight game not game to pick a wimner here....

Fj Flyers vs DikyDoks. ...reminds me in my first season sending up my club....will Gaz do the same and come from a loooooooong way behind and blitz the league?.....No he wont....your doomed son.....Fj is like his North, looks good wins a few looses a few claims hes in the Phillipines so this is your big chance to get a win first off since he's unlikely to make changes to his line up......

Here we go here we go go gooooo

Now that does not fill me with confidence for my first round. You have now given me the incentive to study my selected players maybe fill them with clones of someone famous like Ben Cousins or that Nata what's it guy

• Like 2