Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

39 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Fat lady is still eating and not over yet.  I have a cunning plan to defeat Rip this week. Found my problem, last year I registered as being in Thailand so when I have had the op to try and login here in Thailand the site welcomes me back and asks me to compile a team and join a league.  Already registered in Aust.   Gave a mate in Melbourne my login details and I currently have 4 on injury including Jack Steven a 650k mid, 300k in the bank trade him out that gives me 950k.  My best score 1795 so the 18 on the field are averaging about 99.8 points.  I will get the teams tomorrow, contact the mate to do a couple of trades valued at 300k plus who are averaging 100+ and should be dancing on Sunday night.  Then it should be another couple the following week when I play Alex.  And I have joboss 3 times so not over yet.

I was doing my tipping and fantasy from Thailand when it was registered in AU...shouldnt matter....the AFL app seems to have hiccups start of each season...do mine from saved web pages now....no stress....no trouble.....

I was doing my tipping and fantasy from Thailand when it was registered in AU...shouldnt matter....the AFL app seems to have hiccups start of each season...do mine from saved web pages now....no stress....no trouble.....

Alex the app does not work for me for the Fantasy Tipping I can not get into it at all

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Seems as tho I'm not the only one critical of McCartin.  180 comments to this article and everyone seems to be of the same opinion.  He hasn't cut it and probably never will.

St Kilda great Danny Frawley has issued a blunt warning to Saints forward Paddy McCartin.

“He’s got to get more competitive, it’s as simple as that,” Frawley told SEN Breakfast

While Frawley said improved competitiveness was the key for McCartin, another Saint legend Nick Dal Santo was far more blunt in his assessment.

“He hasn’t shown enough for me,” Dal Santo said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/12/saint-great-issues-warning-to-mccartin/

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Seems as tho I'm not the only one critical of McCartin.  180 comments to this article and everyone seems to be of the same opinion.  He hasn't cut it and probably never will.

St Kilda great Danny Frawley has issued a blunt warning to Saints forward Paddy McCartin.

“He’s got to get more competitive, it’s as simple as that,” Frawley told SEN Breakfast

While Frawley said improved competitiveness was the key for McCartin, another Saint legend Nick Dal Santo was far more blunt in his assessment.

“He hasn’t shown enough for me,” Dal Santo said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/12/saint-great-issues-warning-to-mccartin/

Can you keep him till after you play the Kangas:smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Can you keep him till after you play the Kangas:smile:

I am stuck with him atm FFwise. Paid the price seeing him play well once in person. Will cash him in the game before he plays another. [Next week]. Swapped him for Josh Bruce of players

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thechook said:

I will get the teams tomorrow, contact the mate to do a couple of trades valued at 300k plus who are averaging 100+ and should be dancing on Sunday night.  Then it should be another couple the following week when I play Alex.  And I have joboss 3 times so not over yet.

Fat lady likes Jack Stevens. Better tell Bob!

Edited by optad

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Thought the Eagles were lucky in the last quarter with Shuey's free and goal followed up by a Priddis throw out of the centre resulting in a M'govern goal breaking the Swans back. 

Really?

You must've missed the one where Luke Parker was caught stone cold holding the ball in front of goal 5 minutes earlier.

Shuey's free was soft but he went high so it was there.

TBH, I don't think the umps had any impact on the result of the game whatsoever last night.

Even when the Swans got within a goal, I never really thought WC were going to lose.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Fj.....you been in the phillipines too long.....you cannot say a bad word against the Eagles fella....Cannot....WILL will come to life every time...

There is nothing bad to be said about the current WCE.   

• Like 2

Just now, farmerjo said:

I agree,it's not the Eagles fault if the umpires want to make it out alive from a 40,000 strong fortress.:smile:

I will look at the game again later,me backing the Swans may have influenced how i interpreted the decisions.

Haha!    Dockers V Roos round 5..   

I'll "BOOooooo" the umpires whatever they guess,,

It's good exercise for my lungs....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Fj.....you been in the phillipines too long.....you cannot say a bad word against the Eagles fella....Cannot....WILL will come to life every time...

I guess we're all lucky that you don't get defensive over the Demons:whistling:

• Like 2

Ist quarter Fantasy REPORT.....

BS Dee's vs Fj SlowCoaches...Fj's in front by a whisker....dont know how you managed to get top score last week fella looking at what you got left to play....Boyd going down robbed me of 50 odd points i only have 270 to make up with 6 top guns still to play against your 2.....obviously we were robbed by the bad umpiring of the first quarter....we will "Get over it"

BKK Bloomers vs DickyDots...someone was pre occupied this week GAZZZZZ.....no pattern here....though Gaz is carrying 3 outs...

JoBlow vs GrantsApples...inpressive score from both gentlemen....585 to 383....Jo has used up all his good luck in quarter one...3 top guns left in the tank compared to 7.....might be saved from the Dog Turd award this week thats about it...

Chooks Headless Saints vs Rips Fancy Swans....Battle of the cellar dwellers...425 to 532 looks like Chooks left it to late to make some changes...keep up the good work for our game next week......meanwhile poor chooks dont have much left in the tank... Rip will rip him up...in the bag....in the bag Rip...

Dogs fell over the line this good friday....for the likes that no longer live here its easter....yeah its easy to forget all that sort of thing when your over there, North nearly stole it....thank god theres justice in the world....

The wheels have fallen off for the Swans and Roos...and I'm dam sure the Hawks too of the three Swans are the most likely to bounce back as we saw last year really wont matter where your placed in the 8 you just have to be in it to win it....

Noticed your ZIP in tipping mr Fj.....i can already see in my amber crystal bottle what sort of weekend your going to be having....break out the leo and make an appointment for some new eye wear.....get the TGF working.....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

The roos are the only team to win a cup from 0-4.

0-8 might be a bit difficult,don't think were the worst side going around but it;s looking that way. 

Bit stiff in the tipping Alex,i'll make my run later.:smile:

I was barracking for them Gentleman  Jo despite picking against them. THey are not playing like a team zip n four and show real pluck. It was a great game and both sides play a good brand. I thought the three talls, Goldy,  Pruess and brown might be tricky against run and carry of the dogs at Etihad but they seemed to do both. benny Brown is great footy player to have after Petrie. Must have rested Pruess last quarter but definitely unlucky kangas. No Easy beats. Dogs needed the win and whilst three wins on the clock nothing is sure with sydney and Hawthorn bottom eight, it will be a close season methinks. Good start to round 4.

Side note terrible week to delist Goldy and go solo in the rucks, FFwise.  

Edited by optad
  • Like 2

0-8 might be a bit difficult,don't think were the worst side going around but it;s looking that way. 

Yep I think you were very unlucky , the first 2 games of round 4 are like give me 2 wins for nothing... I mean swans are on there knees away in Perth to the Eagles who lost last week with premiers beaten playing on there home ground against a team yet to win a game..... your excuse is the BKK smog clouding the 43 inch tellie?

North bottom 4, which means Fj you won't be anywhere near the 8 @ seasons end to pull it off.... think North have won something like 3 games out of the last 14.

North hung on to there veterans too long now there caught with there blue shorts around there knees.... WCE will come undone in the second half for the same sort of reason.... recruiting the over the hill gang..

Scott must be getting lined up for a silver bullet through the heart, what is it 8 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I was barracking for your boys as well.

I'm all over the love they got last year, especially from the umps:smile:

I can't help wondering if you would've beaten both Geelong and the WB if you had Boomer running around.

Again, just thought you lacked a bit of polish.

Your midfield has plenty of grunt but no real smooth movers like a Bont or Pendlebury.

Waite being out is a huge blow for you as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I was barracking for your boys as well.

I'm all over the love they got last year, especially from the umps:smile:

I can't help wondering if you would've beaten both Geelong and the WB if you had Boomer running around.

Again, just thought you lacked a bit of polish.

Your midfield has plenty of grunt but no real smooth movers like a Bont or Pendlebury.

Waite being out is a huge blow for you as well.

Time to move Thomas on,a good servant but game after game year after year he gives away silly free kicks.

We have a kid called Zurhaar,watch this space.:smile:

Your right Will,Cunnington is our only polished player and the only reason we were in the game was we brought them down to our level early when they should have raced away with it.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Yep I think you were very unlucky , the first 2 games of round 4 are like give me 2 wins for nothing... I mean swans are on there knees away in Perth to the Eagles who lost last week with premiers beaten playing on there home ground against a team yet to win a game..... your excuse is the BKK smog clouding the 43 inch tellie?

North bottom 4, which means Fj you won't be anywhere near the 8 @ seasons end to pull it off.... think North have won something like 3 games out of the last 14.

North hung on to there veterans too long now there caught with there blue shorts around there knees.... WCE will come undone in the second half for the same sort of reason.... recruiting the over the hill gang..

Scott must be getting lined up for a silver bullet through the heart, what is it 8 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My judgement was clouded with 5 day breaks,team records against each others sides and needing to kickstart their season.

I'm sure it will continue that way for the rest of the round trying to play catch up which will result in Rip being a happy man.

• Like 2

Boomer was done but i understand the love. Re Waite. Sure, would have added but who gives? Pruess after last week couldn't be dropped. Goldenstein showed last night why he is all Australian. Ben Brown is not seconds material and has the stickiest hands and best mobility of his type going around, suddenly Waite makes them too tall at Etihad against the dogs. Cunnington has matured and shows his pedigree yet the roos need another three of these. That young kid Jy simpkin has some zip and poise and looks to have scope too. I was a little disappointed not to see more from 'Zeibell' [speeling pls refer to the Nth banner writers!!]   given where he could be at. Need to step into that captain's role more on field.

Your comments on Thomas are interesting Jo and concur. Since being asked to be a more team oriented player he has not rebounded so well. Some players are front runners and he might be one. Was not a great contributor last night but every team needs his skill sets. No sure what the go is there.

The ladder is interesting even this early. The swans, dawks and roos given how the kangas are playing at the bottom is all wrong. Only Adelaide at top makes any sense atm but my point would be how fluid things are this year. I like the evenness of the competition as it stands just now.

Somebody made a comment re aging teams.  I thought Hawthorn actually approached this issue the right way theoretically, ie their aging list and adding Mitchell for Mitchell and Omeara for Lewis a masterstroke but clearly there is something wrong down there amongst that group. Burgoyne, Hodge Mcevoy, Gibson, Breust and Gunston have lost heart. Cannot recall Gunston's last goal?? They missing Hill badly and Issac Smith just not stepping into the senior material on field. THere is talk in town that some are disgruntled about how lewis was moved on and shit is cancer in a group. Lewis was popular for some reason. The dawks will get over it sooner, unfortunately, rather than later but my schadenfreude for them from the early eighties is not finished and am enjoying their demise atm/ 

I liked the clean out North did. It was 'clean' and gave the club scope and really sponsored last night's game. THey would have been belted with their older list last night. Petrie was player i was truly sorry for and  this point is counter intuitive as he was possibly slower than Deledio but he had the heart and grace of a club in him. He was a good pick up out west.

Edited by optad
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, optad said:

Boomer was done but i understand the love. Re Waite. Sure would have added but who gives? Pruess after last week couldn't be dropped. Goldenstein showed last night why he is all Australian.

I don't agree with you about Boomer.

Had lost none of his pace and craftiness and still one of the best kickers in the team.

Easily had another year IMO.

Came 5th in last years F&B.

Have to find a spot for Waite if when/ he gets fit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't agree with you about Boomer.

Had lost none of his pace and craftiness and still one of the best kickers in the team.

Easily had another year IMO.

Came 5th in last years F&B.

Have to find a spot for Waite if when/ he gets fit.

Brent had lost a yard but those beyond the boundary line talking points do not allow for the bigger picture to gell. 

North could not gut the club and rebuild and keep boomer. Pace, younger kids have too. Watch simpkin  if allowed and 'craftiness' is a barrier those unknown trying to come through. THere was no mutual horizon for Boomer, the club or the ramification of the other five or six veterans similarly flicked for boomers continuation.   Clubs need balls to make those decisions and north made the right one for the group. Perhaps if they were just trimming the list he gets one more year but they weren't and it was time.

Would like to read who Waite displaces in last night's 22 regarding talls, Will.

Edited by optad

52 minutes ago, optad said:

Brent had lost a yard but those beyond the boundary line talking points do not allow for the bigger picture to gell. 

North could not gut the club and rebuild and keep boomer. Pace, younger kids have too. Watch simpkin  if allowed and 'craftiness' is a barrier those unknown trying to come through. THere was no mutual horizon for Boomer, the club or the ramification of the other five or six veterans similarly flicked for boomers continuation.   Clubs need balls to make those decisions and north made the right one for the group. Perhaps if they were just trimming the list he gets one more year but they weren't and it was time.

Would like to read who Waite displaces in last night's 22 regarding talls, Will.

I would've dropped Preuss, rucked all day with Goldstein and played Waite if he was available.

But he wasn't so it's a moot point I guess.