Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

For those interested in AFL's global pass, they're offering

a free 2 week trial via the AFL website.

Got a link to that Khun Will27?

Never a problem for you Mr Smith

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/steven-may-luke-hodge-tribunal-verdict

You must have Luke Hodge on your mind

Looks like you need to part with your hard earned first and if you don't like it you get a refund...

I had the local satellite installation guy come past last week to ask me about Australia+ He installed it on a dish for us a while ago and it did work but then they changed it to Intelsat 18 so now none of his customers can receive it. I haven't seen anyone say lately that they still get it on satellite and I'm sure people must have tried re-aligning their dish. On the website it says you can get it on Hua Hin Cable, Sophon Cable and True Visions (cable only). If True are cable only then sounds like you can no longer pick up the signal in Thailand. The couple of Australians where I live have also switched to watchafl. You can find free streams but for me the quality was poor and unreliable. It is just easier to pay up as it is good quality and as reliable as your internet connection is. Can watch on demand if you miss a game. For anyone still wanting to get a season pass just another reminder it is cheaper to get it with a club membership off the team sites. Giants, Kangaroos and other lower profile teams charge only A$150.

Is anyone using the Android Watch AFL Global Pass app? I tried it on my tablet (lollipop) but I just get a white screen where you are supposed to log-in. Looking at the comments in the Play Store and there are many complaints. It doesn't seem many people have been able to use it on their tablet and there is very little response from the app maker. I mostly watch the footy on my smart TV or my desktop but the tablet is handy when travelling if you can get decent internet.

• Like 2

Chooka will like this. whistling.gif

David Mundy has given an insight into senior coach Ross Lyon ahead of his 200th game as coach this Saturday.

Mundy said Lyon was highly valued at the club that sits on top of the ladder undefeated after five rounds.

“He’s been fantastic for this club and my football,” he said.

Mundy said Lyon was a demanding but fair coach.

Duffield credits Lyon for improvement

“Ross is a demanding perfectionist coach,” he said.

“He has a photographic memory, he knows what he wants and how to get it.”

Mundy said Lyon was supportive of players’ off-field endeavors, as much as their football.

“Ross is always keen for us to pursue outside interests such as university or whatever it may be,” he said.

“He always plans our football program around our examines or work and is very flexible.”

• Like 1

David Mundy has given an insight into senior coach Ross Lyon ahead of his 200th game as coach this Saturday.

Mundy said Lyon was highly valued at the club that sits on top of the ladder undefeated after five rounds.

Mundy said Lyon was supportive of players’ off-field endeavors, as much as their football.

“Ross is always keen for us to pursue outside interests such as university or whatever it may be,” he said.

“He always plans our football program around our examines or work and is very flexible.”

The guy cant be too bad can he?

We aren't allowed to post the names that chooka calls him.gigglem.gif

is that name 'teerak'?

• Like 1

is that name 'teerak'?

Edited by Ron19

is that name 'teerak'?

Aahhh , NO,

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

rolleyes.gif you guys will cause the perfect storm....and no more free tickets...gigglem.gif

It was a sad day in the chooka household when the autographed Ross Lyon posters came down from the wall behind the bed

Yes, I heard it was also badly stained.......

I'll get my coat.

I used to have Wayne Carey on the wall in my playing days,no stains though.smile.png

• Like 2

Joboss how were the tickets and the game?

Apologies for the late reply, chooka. Was called down South on family business.

Passed on the seats to a mate that was keen to win and entertain a touring Swiss hottie that was gagging to go to an AFL game to see our Aussie boys fly.

Haven’t seen him since last Friday. He could be in paradise.

Thank you for providing the tickets,,, you could be a cupid.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif you guys will cause the perfect storm....and no more free tickets...gigglem.gif

It was a sad day in the chooka household when the autographed Ross Lyon posters came down from the wall behind the bed

Yes, I heard it was also badly stained.......

I'll get my coat.

Still have the dart board.

Dart Board. ?? Good tip. whistling.gif

18 teams, numbered 1 – 18 to mirror the weekly ladder.

Miss your chosen tip number and you tip against.

Might give it a try.

Promising young defender Alex Pearce said he had an inkling he would be making his debut this Saturday after he was called to the match committee meeting.

“I got pulled out of weights a bit early and got pulled up stairs to match committee,” he said.

“Ross and all the coaches were there and he broke the news to me.

“It was very exciting and a little bit nerve racking.”

Pearce, who is from Tasmania, was quickly on the phone to family back home to let them know.

“My old man was the first person I spoke to and he was pretty excited and lost for words, he didn’t really know what to say,” he said.

“I spoke to all the family, my mum, grandparents and uncles and they were very happy.”

The 19 year old will replace veteran Luke McPharlin, who was ruled out due to calf soreness, for Saturday night’s game at Domain Stadium.

TABtouch 22: McPharlin ruled out

Incredibly, Pearce would have been just four when McPharlin debuted in 2000.

“It’s very exciting to get the news,” he said.

“I started from a young age, played AFL Auskick, came to Freo and the goal has always been to play my first game.”

Pearce was recruited from Devonport, Tasmania at pick 37 in the 2013 National Draft.

The big-bodied 200cm defender has been among the best performers for Peel Thunder this season.

“I don’t know what it’s going to be like but I am just excited to get out there with all the boys,” he said.

“I can’t wait to get out there and I know all the boys will look after me.”

• Like 1

Even though he wouldn't be the first guy to want to whack Robbo, this young

fella really needs to pull his head in methinks.

Harley Bennell tried to fight Herald Sun’s Mark Robinson at Brownlow Medal Count

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/harley-bennell-tried-to-fight-herald-suns-mark-robinson-at-brownlow-medal-count/story-fni5f7ka-1227345889900

• Like 1

Harley Bennell tried to fight Herald Sun’s Mark Robinson at Brownlow Medal Count

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/harley-bennell-tried-to-fight-herald-suns-mark-robinson-at-brownlow-medal-count/story-fni5f7ka-1227345889900

The guy was believing his own publicity. he has a lot to do yet.

GrantSmith's buddy, Damian Barret wrote a scathing article about Gold Coast the other day. he mad an obvious implication that karmichael hunt was buying cocaine for the majority of the Suns playing list. Also gave Ablett a bad rap

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-06/pick-your-moment-suns

However this is a football club which has not only tolerated, but deliberately turned a blind eye to off-field behaviour of some of its players since it joined the AFL in 2011.

We wonder what standards were important to the Suns on September 1 last year when Hunt, as proven in a Queensland court, purchased an eight-ball of cocaine, which depending on how it is cut, equates to about 60 lines of cocaine.

September 1 was the day the Suns had their Mad Monday for 2014, and Hunt had happened to be in the presence of almost the entire Suns playing list.

GrantSmith's buddy, Damian Barret wrote a scathing article about Gold Coast the other day. he mad an obvious implication that karmichael hunt was buying cocaine for the majority of the Suns playing list. Also gave Ablett a bad rap

However this is a football club which has not only tolerated, but deliberately turned a blind eye to off-field behaviour of some of its players since it joined the AFL in 2011.

We wonder what standards were important to the Suns on September 1 last year when Hunt, as proven in a Queensland court, purchased an eight-ball of cocaine, which depending on how it is cut, equates to about 60 lines of cocaine.

September 1 was the day the Suns had their Mad Monday for 2014, and Hunt had happened to be in the presence of almost the entire Suns playing list.

Most of this seemed to have happened on Guy McKenna's watch. Not that he soley responsible.

Rocket Eade is probably wondering what he has got himself into.

Edited by Will27

Geelong or Collingwood?

Collingwood or Geelong?

facepalm.gifblink.png

Same here BookMan, I don't think it's as easy as most of the pundits have forecast,

Seedsman a big out for Collingwood and Clark a big in for Geelong.

Decisons decisions..............

• Like 1

And the GC Suns could cause and upset this week....i was tempted, same with WC was tempted strongly but but but......

Oh and my team....you would have to be nuts to pick them but i got a feeling......a good one....but i wont be tempted.

Mr Bookman the moneys on the pies but but but the cats are close to getting there act together....any time soon, im still thinking the Cats are top 4 material hope they dont start the march up the ladder this weekend.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surprised Campbell Brown didn't take Harley out the back and deck him himself..

As for that K Hunt bloke, well, the Suns are lucky he's gone... Much like Israel Falou for GWS it was flogging a dead horse, but Falou is a different type of person to that K Hunt... Living on the GC and being a high profile football player is asking for trouble...

Geelong or Collingwood?

Collingwood or Geelong?

alt=facepalm.gif> alt=blink.png>

Same here BookMan, I don't think it's as easy as most of the pundits have forecast,

Seedsman a big out for Collingwood and Clark a big in for Geelong.

Decisons decisions..............

This as well as the North v Tiges game, Delidio's a big inclusion for them...

Could be down for a 3/9 this week :P

• Like 1