Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

19 hours ago, Ron19 said:
  • April 20, 2017 8:19am
  • Source: news.com.au

There's nothing easy about comedian Tom Gleeson’s Hard Chat segment on ABC's The Weekly as Chris Judd just found out.

The former West Coast captain was grilled about wayward son Ben Cousins and the Eagles drug culture that 'tarnished' their 2006 premiership win over the Sydney Swans.

The issue surfaced after a 2008 report by retired Victorian Supreme Court judge William Gillard was unearthed which determined that a toxic drug culture had existed at the club but had been covered up by officials.
Former 2005 Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins, who is serving a six-month sentence for stalking and breaches of a restraining order, has had a long-running and public battle with drug addiction.
Judd has already defended his involvement at the club during the period in question but it was hard to avoid some of the questions that were thrown at him by Gleeson.  
"Can you tell Cousins to get his s--- together so we can tell jokes about him again?" Gleeson asked to retired Carlton star.

"It’s a bit hard to get onto Ben at the minute," Judd said. "He’s got a few prior engagements."

Gleeson then said that Judd had recently attended a 10-year reunion for the 2006 premiership team before asking him, "how many grams did you win by?"

"That’s a cheap shot, Tom, a real cheap shot," Judd said.

Gleeson then turned his attention to the International Rules Series which sees Australia play Ireland in a hybrid version of the game that combines elements of AFL and Gaelic Football.

"For my NSW friends, I want to explain to them that International Rules is Aussie rules combined with Gaelic football," Gleeson said. "So what’s it like playing a game that two countries don’t give a s*** about.

"The game I mean, International Rules, do you agree it’s like watching a dog try to f*** a cat? It’s ugly, and it shouldn’t be happening."

Ron, disappointing that you have posted this without stating who had written the article. I actually watched the show and there are bits missing. The other thing is that Jude had accepted the interview with Gleeson and it is no secret as to the interview style of Gleeson or what the segment is designed to achieve, it is called HARD CHAT

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, optad said:

Don't pick 'em. Give them a chance!!

Image result for the kiss of death

Dam if i do dam if i dont...i changed my pick to Bombers i almost never change a pick once I've locked it in, pretty simple really, if the Pies were going to threaten this year they would have already 3 wins on the board they dont and like NORTH are going no where fast......Your team better not let me down OPTUS...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Dam if i do dam if i dont...i changed my pick to Bombers i almost never change a pick once I've locked it in, pretty simple really, if the Pies were going to threaten this year they would have already 3 wins on the board they dont and like NORTH are going no where fast......Your team better not let me down OPTUS...

The kiss of death strikes. I will have to lay some betts off now...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Ron, disappointing that you have posted this without stating who had written the article. I actually watched the show and there are bits missing. The other thing is that Jude had accepted the interview with Gleeson and it is no secret as to the interview style of Gleeson or what the segment is designed to achieve, it is called HARD CHAT

Have another read. :thumbsup:

See the Bombers fly up, up!
To take up the ANZAC flag.
Our boys who play this grand old game,
Are always striving for glory and fame!

Interestingly the bookies have given the same odds for the Richmond vs Melbourne game as for the Ess vs Coll game which indicates the betting is similar in both matches yet the tips do not show the same.

My Bias, 

Punters, Anzac day is Australia day in many ways. And generally a bad omen for St kilda traders.

ANZAC day has content, sacrifice and loss, nation building and some ignorance too perhaps. ANZAC day has much history and tangible legacies and stories behind it. Jan 26th,  is for flag waving celebrations re the first fleet, it just seems as we grow these two days means different things.  

Not for St Kilda shopping ESSENDON's list however. ANZAC day bears gifts only a Saint Kilda trader could hope for and pick after an ESSENDON win on the day. In the last ten years, ESSENDON has won twice, and Saint Kilda coaches determined: 

2009 ESSENDON win./ Andrew Lovett. "Boy can run" said Ross. Recruited and never played a game.

2015 ESSENDON win./ Carlisle. "Boy can snort". 

Chook/ Who do you want this year?

Edited by optad

2 hours ago, optad said:

My Bias, 

Punters, Anzac day is Australia day in many ways. And generally a bad omen for St kilda traders.

ANZAC day has content, sacrifice and loss, nation building and some ignorance too perhaps. ANZAC day has much history and tangible legacies and stories behind it. Jan 26th,  is for flag waving celebrations re the first fleet, it just seems as we grow these two days means different things.  

Not for St Kilda shopping ESSENDON's list however. ANZAC day bears gifts only a Saint Kilda trader could hope for and pick after an ESSENDON win on the day. In the last ten years, ESSENDON has won twice, and Saint Kilda coaches determined: 

2009 ESSENDON win./ Andrew Lovett. "Boy can run" said Ross. Recruited and never played a game.

2015 ESSENDON win./ Carlisle. "Boy can snort". 

Chook/ Who do you want this year?

Another milne would be nice.

Since you brought it up, a little Article all might be interested in.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/20/the-top-five-trade-and-signing-busts-in-afl-history/

GettyImages-93364968.jpg

• Like 1

Hi FJ,
I'm sitting on a park bench outside Subi chuckin down a JD & cola.
About to go in a watch , what I think will be a interesting and close game.
May the team that has come to play be the rightful winners.
Dockers by 11 points.

• Like 2

Ahhhh on checking that doggie website known as the AFL....the apps JUST working website known as the tipping version  is DOWN.....the BROTHERS are 3-0......very good lads....keep it up...pressure on WILL is PARAMOUNT....wanna see him back the REmake of JAWs..such a s**t movie...

Edited by AlexRRR

Classic Ross Lyon football. 67/62 Freo win but who has the chococies. 

North Melb.

I detest Lyon football. Plays every element lower than it can be. Cannot move the club forward. I saw more young knagas than the traded  Shane Kerstens or Brad Hills . 

Not at slit the wrist situation yet.:smile:

But absolutely gutted.

After watching the way the Crows move the ball,we are way off a premiership.

Some good highlights with Garners mark and the Williams chase down at the end.

Scott has to go and take Thomas with him.

• Like 2