Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

After Magical Dan "Andy Andrews" stunning upset in the big Vic state elections, some what like what the Tigers did to the Crows a couple of years ago...and dare I say what the Bomber and Hawks dished out to the Dee's in there last 2 GF appearances... Its time to lobby the AFL and the State of Hysteria into 12 month of solid footy....maybe a break at Chrissie....imaging...2 seasons in one? get more interstate money pumping up the Vic economy...by god were going to be needing it in a few years..... Selling off anything that isn't nailed down and promising mums and pops everywhere a half price solar package to sit on your roof...even renters have been targeted .....the man knows how to sweet talk his way into your life.....might be a good fit for the Blues that Andy....he can make it happen....And of course he be buying his crates of booze from Chooks shop there on the corner of Fitzroy and Northcote The Albion Charles just a couple of drop kicks from the old Fitzroy footy ground, well WILL I voted informal......a shocking thing to do I know....I mean people died for me so I could have a voice even if its a lone voice in the wilderness....well the Libs...haha there a joke here in Vic, Guy gees I hardly seen him at all....and Andrews.....I been alive long enough to know where this is heading in about 10 years another Kennet WILL rise up from the ashes of the state parliament and put upon a budget slash spending all in the name of balancing the books...well I put a line through the upper house vote card that was a meter long....nearly took all the led in my pencil...and I wrote on the lower house card that I still wasn't over Andrews blowing a billion bucks by tearing up a contract on winning the first time around.....of course neither were worthy of my precious vote so none got it...

Bugg is a Blue....nice one, he's value for money hope Bolton plays him in defence to stick it up Goodwin....Comes cheap lot of experience he was the defender we missed early in the last season....

The local news papers tried to talk up the draft...of course few could get into it and why do you think that? Well in the USA who they copied they have very well structured leagues NFL then the Collage teams and yes even High school teams..there big on stats, dont know about the High school leagues but certainly Collage football is huge over there and it gets prime time just about every game on tv, unlike our state leagues...so yes you guessed it many of the players in the draft are already well known....thats the key hey? Andy WILL fix it...

Browns keep breaking records....second win on the trot and broke a 34 game on the road loosing streak...gees im glad I jumped on there bandwagon early...there looking good...since Hue Jackson got the chop by the way he's back at the Bengals as an assistant they are 2-1, Baker Mayfield under intern coach has been given freedom and now is looking like the star he was in collage, Chugg rookie running back keeps tearing up the ground and lets not forget there defence they lead the league in takeaways.

Very disappointing last night....watched the Redskins botch there game, they the first team I got into well there a long way from the 80's and 90's now, Smith there QB broke his leg last week Mcoy is ok similar type but its true there hampered with injuries in offence after leading there division at 6-4 now loosing 2 on the Trott and last night it was to div rivals the Cowboys who are breathing down there necks....unlikely to seal top spot from here.

The NRL coaching merry go round...Bennet WILL see out his last year at the Broncos then join the Rabbitos while the Rabbitos coach and a mere second year coach this year should Finnish his contract then swap places with Bennett at years end....How do they make it work? got no idea...no other sport would tolerate that...

Its time to go into hibernation or we could take up a pert-ion to lobby Andrews on getting 2 seasons in one....I WILL wait for your reaction...

• Like 2

More confirmation that stats can tell you anything you want.

Simmo must be a genius.

Champion Data ranks every AFL club’s list for 2019 season

Simon Goodwin is a lucky man.

The Melbourne coach has returned to work with the AFL’s best list at his disposal, according to Champion Data.

The Demons boast the league’s second-best backline, fifth-best forward line and No.1 midfield.

2019 LIST RANKING

1. Melbourne
2. Adelaide
3. Richmond
4. Essendon
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. GWS
8. North Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. Brisbane
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. Fremantle
18. Gold Coast

LIST RANKING BY POSITION

DEFENCE FORWARD MIDFIELD
Adelaide 1 2 3
Brisbane 3 14 9
Carlton 14 17 17
Collingwood 7 12 4
Essendon 4 4 10
Fremantle 17 16 16
Geelong 10 9 2
Gold Coast 18 18 18
GWS 11 7 5
Hawthorn 15 3 12
Melbourne 2 5 1
North Melbourne 13 11 6
Port Adelaide 12 6 14
Richmond 6 1 8
St Kilda 16 13 11
Sydney 9 10 13
West Coast 5 8 15
Western Bulldogs 8 15

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Simmo must be a genius.

The Melbourne coach has returned to work with the AFL’s best list at his disposal, according to Champion Data.

The Demons boast the league’s second-best backline, fifth-best forward line and No.1 midfield.

2019 LIST RANKING

1. Melbourne
2. Adelaide
3. Richmond
4. Essendon
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. GWS
8. North Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. Brisbane
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. Fremantle
18. Gold Coast

LIST RANKING BY POSITION

DEFENCE FORWARD MIDFIELD
Adelaide 1 2 3
Brisbane 3 14 9
Carlton 14 17 17
Collingwood 7 12 4
Essendon 4 4 10
Fremantle 17 16 16
Geelong 10 9 2
Gold Coast 18 18 18
GWS 11 7 5
Hawthorn 15 3 12
Melbourne 2 5 1
North Melbourne 13 11 6
Port Adelaide 12 6 14
Richmond 6 1 8
St Kilda 16 13 11
Sydney 9 10 13
West Coast 5 8 15
Western Bulldogs 8 15

Its fodder for footy junkies.....and i take offence that the Dee's are so well placed, if it were true we would have won the flag this year just look at were the Eagles sit chuckling in my coke here....

I heard Goodwin will get an extension very soon, dont know what there scared of its not like he will run away from the suppose list were got...

Some rock star actress who won some award and i never heard of her anyway and looks like shes flat chested anyway so there went over to gig at a Dee's training run while visiting the state of hysteria, they got her pic flat chest and all in a Dee woman jumper dont know what the difference is really looked more like a mans jumper to me well flat chested mans jumper but they said it was a woman jumper....im so confused as i cant see any difference even she was wearing a jacket over it due to shit Melbourne weather as we all know its meant to be almost summer but feels like were living on the antarctic...Anyway she recons she was taken there by a friend and because she won an emmy or oscar or HIV they slung her the jumper called up the Age to rush over and get a pic of her with Goodwin so there.... I WILL be in BKK next week thank god....24 hrs of summer every god dam day.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Simmo must be a genius.

2019 LIST RANKING

1. Melbourne
2. Adelaide
3. Richmond
4. Essendon
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. GWS
8. North Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. Brisbane
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. Fremantle
18. Gold Coast

LIST RANKING BY POSITION

DEFENCE FORWARD MIDFIELD
Adelaide 1 2 3
Brisbane 3 14 9
Carlton 14 17 17
Collingwood 7 12 4
Essendon 4 4 10
Fremantle 17 16 16
Geelong 10 9 2
Gold Coast 18 18 18
GWS 11 7 5
Hawthorn 15 3 12
Melbourne 2 5 1
North Melbourne 13 11 6
Port Adelaide 12 6 14
Richmond 6 1 8
St Kilda 16 13 11
Sydney 9 10 13
West Coast 5 8 15
Western Bulldogs 8 15

How can the saints be ranked 13th for forward line, we have mccartin a number 1 pick

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

How can the saints be ranked 13th for forward line, we have mccartin a number 1 pick

Have you heard about the law off attraction? you keep affirming something and it takes form dear dibbles... better to post positive vibes on the lad then he just might become at least another Jack Watts, the greatest and hottest underwhelming number one that played 200 games....

• Haha 1

Andrew Gaff is AA for the last 2 years as a wingman and is voted 9th in the league:biggrin:

Champion Data lists the elite players at every club

Al Paton, Herald Sun
November 30, 2018 6:03am

Subscriber only
  •  

Be honest. Would you recognise Trent Dumont if he walked into the room right now?

The tough midfielder has played 61 games for the Kangaroos, including 22 last season, finishing equal-fifth in North Melbourne’s best-and-fairest. But he remains largely anonymous outside Arden St, selected in just 526 of almost 200,000 SuperCoach teams — statistically 0 per cent.

He’s also the fifth-best wingman in the AFL, according to Champion Data.

FULL LIST: SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHO MAKES THE ELITE CLUB

The league’s official number cruncher assigns every player a position and the top 10 per cent of players in each position — based on a complex rankings formula — are classified as elite.

LIST RANKINGS: WHERE DOES YOUR CLUB RATE?

FLAG WINDOW: PIES AT TOP OF AGE LADDER

The rankings are based on stats from the past two seasons, with most weight given to recent form.

Also in the elite category are Bombers Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Adam Saad, Collingwood defender Jack Crisp, West Coast’s Tom Barrass and Bulldog Matthew Suckling.

But there is no Tom Mitchell, Patrick Cripps or Joel Selwood, who miss out in a crowded midfield.

Based on Champion Data’s rankings, the wing will be a major strength for the Roos next season with trade arrivals Aaron Hall and Jared Polec also ranked in the top five, while Majak Daw is rated elite as a key defender.

In all, North Melbourne has five elite players, second only to Richmond and Adelaide with six each.

At the other end of table, the table isn’t good reading for Port Adelaide fans, with Robbie Gray the Power’s only elite player.

Gold Coast is the only team without an elite player on its list.

Trent Dumont 2017-18

Statistic Average Ranking
Disposals 20.9 Above average
Contested possessions 8.3 Elite
Metres gained 322 Average
Clearances 2.9 Elite
Score involvements 4.8 Above average
Pressure points 45.8 Elite
Tackles 4.1 Elite

ELITE PLAYERS

ADELAIDE

Rory Sloane, Rory Laird, Brodie Smith, Eddie Betts, Tom Lynch, Paul Seedsman

BRISBANE LIONS

Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Harris Andrews, Daniel Rich

CARLTON

Kade Simpson

COLLINGWOOD

Brodie Grundy, Jack Crisp, Jeremy Howe, Jordan De Goey

ESSENDON

Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Adam Saad

FREMANTLE

Nat Fyfe, David Mundy

GEELONG

Patrick Dangerfield, Tom Hawkins, Sam Menegola

GWS GIANTS

Zac Williams, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield, Toby Greene, Phil Davis

HAWTHORN

Jack Gunston, Luke Breust, James Sicily

MELBOURNE

Clayton Oliver, Max Gawn, Tom McDonald, Jake Lever

NORTH MELBOURNE

Ben Cunnington, Majak Daw, Jared Polec, Aaron Hall, Trent Dumont

PORT ADELAIDE

Robbie Gray

RICHMOND

Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Rance, Shane Edwards, Kane Lambert, Josh Caddy

ST KILDA

Jade Gresham

SYDNEY

Lance Franklin, Jake Lloyd

WEST COAST

Jeremy McGovern, Nic Naitanui, Josh Kennedy, Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Suckling, Lachie Hunter

Elite players

Club Players
Richmond 6
Adelaide 6
West Coast 5
North Melbourne 5
GWS Giants 5
Collingwood 4
Melbourne 4
Brisbane Lions 4
Geelong 3
Essendon 3
Hawthorn 3
Sydney 2
Western Bulldogs 2
Fremantle 2
St Kilda 1
Port Adelaide 1
Carlton 1
Gold Coast 0

TOP 10 IN EACH POSITION

MIDFIELDERS

1. Dustin Martin

2. Nat Fyfe

3. Clayton Oliver

4. Dayne Zorko

5. Lachie Neale

6. Rory Sloane

7. Ben Cunnington

8. Callan Ward

9. Patrick Cripps

10. Marcus Bontempelli

KEY FORWARDS

1. Lance Franklin

2. Jack Riewoldt

3. Tom Hawkins

4. Jack Gunston

5. Tom McDonald

6. Josh J Kennedy

7. Jarryd Roughead

8. Justin Westhoff

9. Ben Brown

10. Taylor Walker

48a908392e4a72dc6545c7422aee0bf0?width=316  
Dustin Martin didn’t reach his incredible 2017 heights last season, but he’s still the best midfielder in the game. e5e4b10ff2c0d4c7f1dc3aa010f11074?width=316  
Essendon’s Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is rated elite as a general forward.

MID-FORWARDS

1. Patrick Dangerfield

2. Shane Edwards

3. Sam Menegola

4. Robbie Gray

5. David Mundy

6. Mitch Wallis

7. Michael Walters

8. Isaac Heeney

9. Chad Wingard

10. Mitch Robinson

GENERAL FORWARDS

1. Luke Breust

2. Orazio Fantasia

3. Kane Lambert

4. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

5. Eddie Betts

6. Jordan De Goey

7. Josh Caddy

8. Tom Lynch

9. Toby Greene

10. Jade Gresham

WINGMEN

1. Lachie Hunter

2. Paul Seedsman

3. Jared Polec

4. Aaron Hall

5. Trent Dumont

6. Sam Lloyd

7. Jack Sinclair

8. David Zaharakis

9. Andrew Gaff

10. Tom Phillips

KEY DEFENDERS

1. Jeremy McGovern

2. Harris Andrews

3. Alex Rance

4. Majak Daw

5. Jake Lever

6. Tom Barrass

7. Phil Davis

8. Liam Jones

9. Lachie Henderson

10. Dougal Howard

aaaf4721679c2abe72b62729b459bd09?width=316  
Majak Daw was reinvented as a key defender. Picture: Michael Klein 680d082813b398355a9c57b12963b8e5?width=316  
Brodie Grundy edges out Max Gawn as the game’s No.1 ruckman.

RUCKMEN

1. Brodie Grundy

2. Max Gawn

3. Nic Naitanui

4. Paddy Ryder

5. Ben McEvoy

6. Todd Goldstein

7. Aaron Sandilands

8. Toby Nankervis

9. Stefan Martin

10. Zac Smith

GENERAL DEFENDERS

1. Jack Crisp

2. Zac Williams

3. Jeremy Howe

4. Rory Laird

5. Brodie Smith

6. Matthew Suckling

7. Kade Simpson

8. Shannon Hurn

9. Jake Lloyd

10. James Sicily

•  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is the time of the year in building we wish we were somewhere else, of course clients expect everything to be done for Xmas...silly season indeed, not me fella I'm out of here its touchdown BKK this evening....on the talk of touchdowns Brady the Pats QB is breaking records second highest ever and looking to play on longer 40 something already....meanwhile young gun KC Chiefs Mahomes notched up 40 after only 12 games slashing records along the way if he gets to 57 and its looking he could Heize will provide the lad with a life time supply of tomato sauce....you see he likes it on his steaks...though they sponsor another team....Heize that is...Baker Mayfeild and the Browns were carved up this week a very depressing game still in wild card hunt with 5 games to go before playoffs...

Its worrying over there in the USA alarmed I was that club coaches and staff wore Army Greens for remembrance 2 weeks in a row maybe 3 and now with the sad passing of Bush senior the tributes pouring in off the sports field and commentators....gees that's not how I recall Bush senior...

Keiuse Honda is making a name for him self in Melbourne almost if not BOG every week, Victory shake off seasons past sitting pretty at second and widely tipped to go back to back....

Johnson the ex Swan with 6 knee reconstructions....is back training....it was the right this time all the others had been left knee going down at only 26 should be in a Blue jumper at least next year...

Lewis fodder.....knows it could be his last year so the talk is of course centred around that...be nice if his last game was his swan song GF day as we romp over the Eagles on the G...were not getting carried away but anything less than a flag this year is a failure...

Politics in AU....you wouldn't want to be a Liberal...sniping from all angles Labour going after Dutton yes please, unfortunately we WILL deserve the new government that comes in in may loath them or love them I just hope who ever gets in this time has a clear majority to get things done, Shorten, traitor to the union cause Will no doubt win the election not because he's better OH NO he will win because we have long forgotten the Rudd/Gillard years...saga...depression.....We now have the Hey Abbot/Dutton/Turnbull/ dodo Morrison years....Politics world wide is looking sick think I should move to Cuba...

That sheila they gave the footy jumpier to has flown home I found my number 16 Dee jumper under a pile of Tshirts yesterday...gees id forgotten where id put it...was worn well not this one but 16 was Travis Johnstone number 1 pick way back then...silky smooth mid that didn't go after the hard ball was traded to the Lions about 6 ys after getting drafted never the less I will treasure this jumper.....BKK here I come....XR iPhone in hand...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Lewis fodder.....knows it could be his last year so the talk is of course centred around that...be nice if his last game was his swan song GF day as we romp over the Eagles on the G...were not getting carried away but anything less than a flag this year is a failure...

LOL

Nice work Alex.

I've said it previously but I think your boys time has come.

My top 4 for next in no particular order: Richmond, WC, Melbourne and Essendon.

• Like 1

LOL

Nice work Alex.

I've said it previously but I think your boys time has come.
My top 4 for next in no particular order: Richmond, WC, Melbourne and Essendon.

Too many people including you believe the fodder written about the Demons....a month is a long time in football.

Leaver is struggling to get over his knee but.... but if he can get fit we have an assume defence Frost and my fav now has the world at his feet can play tall can play short runs like the wind that defence will be sticking it down the throat of the offence time and time again...

Don’t think we will miss that mercenary though we will need to find a new tall.... could it be Frost?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

36 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Too many people including you believe the fodder written about the Demons....a month is a long time in football.

Leaver is struggling to get over his knee but.... but if he can get fit we have an assume defence Frost and my fav now has the world at his feet can play tall can play short runs like the wind that defence will be sticking it down the throat of the offence time and time again...

Don’t think we will miss that mercenary though we will need to find a new tall.... could it be Frost?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not believing any fodder, just think you've got an excellent list. 

You played in a prelim final last year.

Add Lever and May to your defence and the youngsters another year

and I reckon you will in the mix.

• Like 1

In BKK scouting for the Dee's women's team....don t know there they were hiding but gees there's some tall girls around now....

Interesting watching American football....lot of people shrug it off but gees its dam technical....the defender cannot make contact with a receiver until he actually has the ball...so its a split second thing cannot inpeed the receiver the receiver has to be able to have a clear run to the ball to bad if the defender happens to be between he and the ball...so its all about speed and positioning then able to spoil or strip the ball...even the lines men cant hold only push...no helmets in the head or guts anymore very interesting indeed...one guy got a penalty for over the shoulder tackle.....

Melb Vic keep on rolling....

I think the Blues WILL  be the big improvers this year...they been getting some low key good players and high draft picks dear WILL I even recon they will be knocking on the door of the 8 at seasons end, I did notice in fantasy and I had a few they have some top line young key position players.

Freo to stand still......Saints to slip even further since the Blues won't be there to prop them up anymore...Tigers alas have lost the taste for hard at it...very common if they don't make top 3 expect Hardwick to be ruthless...Swans....be hanging around need a few years to get there kids going again, Hawks for the only reason that they the club have become the exact opposite to what they once touted speak with fork tongue hope they fall flat on there bank overdraft statment....ps......there should be some sort of limit on how many top line FA you can pull in one season....makes a mockery of the system...

Since they do it in the NFL expect it to come to the AFL...once a player on ur list goes down long term they can call up an inactive player from outside of the league to take his place, also they trade/sell off players to surplus at least up till half way mark of the season...yes I know we got that rookie thing but even that spot needs to be filled....sim salsa bkk...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/natalie-portman-recounts-shock-melbourne-afl-training-session-appearance-and-subsequent-sledges-from-nondees-fans/news-story/8cd088d6a77008b72b553932fe9bed65 you WILL notice how flat she looked.....Dee's make gay TV in the USA..

And finally the Bennet Broncos Rabbitos Saga is over he got sacked for being just a bit to cleaver loosing his pay out....the coaches swap teams....more written on that in one month than the entire AFL season.....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhh it is the season to be merry......a bottle of JW Black under your arm can do that or your team winning....since its the off season what to do what to do?

I dont know....im sitting here in a concrete bunker in the burbs of BKK....every window and door open except the one to the hallway and a fan on too... can hear banging from the BTS construction site a station a mere 150 meters away hurray in 2 years time I won't have to walk the dreaded 25 min walk to the MRT anymore.

They fixed up the internet here thank god its much better but alas its not even NBN standard.....and NBN is the new joke in Melbourne at least now what was meant to be rapid internet connection that WE are FORCED to accept is a rung or 2 above Dial up....recall that? I do, ADSL left it for dead....NBN that is....well here in BKK you know if it rains you better have some dvds handy well I have movies on a hard drive for cases like that...with a bit of luck a companion to ease away the sound of pouring rain on my balcony....

With intermitting wifi I managed to watch the Browns last night, switching from tablet to a laptop seem to make it better, of course being a young team they did try and loose it a couple of times in the end ran out winners by 6 points over a Panthers team that had lost 5 in a row....needed to win and could off if not throwing an interception on the first down of there last drive with just over a minute to play Browns go 3 wins out of 4 since they cut Hue from the coaches box, the Panthers also had taken a blow torch to there coaching roster I guess the head honcho did it to save his own job but it didn't make much of a difference....Panthers made the play offs last year...

As I said I follow a few teams over there.....since I had not caught up with last weekends games I will give a quick run down of my teams up to 2 weeks back.........

Redskins....ahhh....wouldnt pay the 30 plus million to hang on to QB Kirk Cousins so he went off to the Vikings were there going ok not so the skins, good defense offense hit with key injuries so so was leading the division.... journey man QB Smith out for the season with a broken leg quickly followed my McCoy with a long injury Sanches not played a game in 6 ys becomes the starter....a jack Watts type you know very high first round pick that just wasn't worth it anyway he threw an interception with his first throw this weekend was flashed on during the Browns game...so we know where there heading don t we......

Denver Broncos....John "the revered" Elway 2 time Super Bowl winning QB for the Broncos and now head man of the organization is under fire he just can't pick a decent QB, got one of the Mannings think it was Peyton who is the number one all time QB in for one last hurrah a few years back before he retired to the old peoples home and snared a super bowl..its been down hill ever since a long line of dudds have followed including Keeham cant spell his name and is easy forgotten anyway, had one great year at the Vikings but they knew better and went after Cousins and traded this guy to the Broncos and so the story goes they spurt along cough splutter and if it wasn't for there defense they wouldn't have won any games but hey they do surprise they ran both top teams to the last drive...

Bills...at Buffalo red and blue should be my main team always the brides maids never the bride is the story here....well have they got a gun.....seems like its the year of the quarterbacks again Allen is his name out injured part of the season well what a rocket no one can catch him seen him run for more than 100 yards in 2 games and he is the QB. I like him better than Baker and I like Baker, there hovering mid table.

Seattle Seahawks, I have family living there, best running team in the comp started slowly only watched them twice so far, love the way they grind defences into the ground remincient of long gone Redskins teams I do I do I do love a running team...

Patriots.....ahh it was a fluff up...I try not notice but this was hard when they shouted it over a game Dolpins did them in a nail biter still the team to beat and there the last team I got to like a lot, there doing it relatively easy and good chance to go all the way this year...

I have a soft spot for the 49ers and Cheifs as Montana played with both I also dont mind the Ravens and Colts but thats it...

Cant stand the New York teams or the Titans and especially the Phillie Eagles hehehe....

Pie Lynden Dunn and we loved him at Melbourne cannot understand why Goodwin traded him, was given a standing ovation at the G when we played the Pies by the Dee supporters hope he gets back soon and im wrapped for him he got to play in a GF last year after all the years scraping the bottom of the barrel with us...a just reward.

The Irish are fighting back...there WILL be 14 of them in the AFL this season Kerry a club not a girl has developed a booklet.....yes a booklet.....reverting times I think...its called Stay Play and Work in Kerry.....Tired of us taking there cream there developing a book to help retain there stars ...hehehe.....now what do you think printed words WILL mean to these guys? I can solve there problem very easy....for a small fee I can be a part time consultant to the Irish football league....between you and me its always the $$$$ first the experience second and girls third ....well maybe not in that order.....I propose we have an AFL team in Dublin...that WILL keep a few of them boys at home.....the AFL want to go global....fooie in China gees they have the Irish at our feet....and we can have snow at Xmas at last....be nice to see the Dee's play in the snow....

The skribes that work in the media and know jack poo about football are suggesting the golden Greek Jimmy Toumpas the ex Dee and Port man to fill the void of Blues Dockerty who is for the next season out, a number 4 pick by the Dees around 2013 or something like that, looked every bit of a player yet is so underwhelming made jack Watts the steal of the century, by sheer good dark looks made his way onto an AFL list, even fooled them over there at Port when he amassed a stunning 20 odd games in like 4 years that were like played and wasn't ever noticed on the ground...did he get a kick? not sure I know he got near the ball a few times.....wow man if Chook has to worry about his boy I could have bagged this guy for eternity .....I looked into the middle distance with third eye planted on his pic and transcended a calming quality off super star status and wishful thinking that he could be the star that he looked and I did this for a season and a half....it just not registered, this guy WILL go down in history as the body of a man with a heart of a chicken.....

My god just read a dozen Dee's had the knife taken to them they were queuing up at Epworth Hospital in a long line reminiscent of a caravan crossing an arab desert....some good names among them.....Oliver both shoulders....umm Leaver thinks a mid season return....

The only Saint to go under the knife was ex Dee Dean Kent well of course he actually put in last year.....

Nick Nack mid year return....think J Watts was better value there WILL 200 games and still going...

Ahhhh it is the season to be merry......a bottle of JW Black under your arm can do that or your team winning....since its the off season what to do what to do?

I dont know....im sitting here in a concrete bunker in the burbs of BKK....every window and door open except the one to the hallway and a fan on too... can hear banging from the BTS construction site a station a mere 150 meters away hurray in 2 years time I won't have to walk the dreaded 25 min walk to the MRT anymore.

They fixed up the internet here thank god its much better but alas its not even NBN standard.....and NBN is the new joke in Melbourne at least now what was meant to be rapid internet connection that WE are FORCED to accept is a rung or 2 above Dial up....recall that? I do, ADSL left it for dead....NBN that is....well here in BKK you know if it rains you better have some dvds handy well I have movies on a hard drive for cases like that...with a bit of luck a companion to ease away the sound of pouring rain on my balcony....

With intermitting wifi I managed to watch the Browns last night, switching from tablet to a laptop seem to make it better, of course being a young team they did try and loose it a couple of times in the end ran out winners by 6 points over a Panthers team that had lost 5 in a row....needed to win and could off if not throwing an interception on the first down of there last drive with just over a minute to play Browns go 3 wins out of 4 since they cut Hue from the coaches box, the Panthers also had taken a blow torch to there coaching roster I guess the head honcho did it to save his own job but it didn't make much of a difference....Panthers made the play offs last year...

As I said I follow a few teams over there.....since I had not caught up with last weekends games I will give a quick run down of my teams up to 2 weeks back.........

Redskins....ahhh....wouldnt pay the 30 plus million to hang on to QB Kirk Cousins so he went off to the Vikings were there going ok not so the skins, good defense offense hit with key injuries so so was leading the division.... journey man QB Smith out for the season with a broken leg quickly followed my McCoy with a long injury Sanches not played a game in 6 ys becomes the starter....a jack Watts type you know very high first round pick that just wasn't worth it anyway he threw an interception with his first throw this weekend was flashed on during the Browns game...so we know where there heading don t we......

Denver Broncos....John "the revered" Elway 2 time Super Bowl winning QB for the Broncos and now head man of the organization is under fire he just can't pick a decent QB, got one of the Mannings think it was Peyton who is the number one all time QB in for one last hurrah a few years back before he retired to the old peoples home and snared a super bowl..its been down hill ever since a long line of dudds have followed including Keeham cant spell his name and is easy forgotten anyway, had one great year at the Vikings but they knew better and went after Cousins and traded this guy to the Broncos and so the story goes they spurt along cough splutter and if it wasn't for there defense they wouldn't have won any games but hey they do surprise they ran both top teams to the last drive...

Bills...at Buffalo red and blue should be my main team always the brides maids never the bride is the story here....well have they got a gun.....seems like its the year of the quarterbacks again Allen is his name out injured part of the season well what a rocket no one can catch him seen him run for more than 100 yards in 2 games and he is the QB. I like him better than Baker and I like Baker, there hovering mid table.

Seattle Seahawks, I have family living there, best running team in the comp started slowly only watched them twice so far, love the way they grind defences into the ground remincient of long gone Redskins teams I do I do I do love a running team...

Patriots.....ahh it was a fluff up...I try not notice but this was hard when they shouted it over a game Dolpins did them in a nail biter still the team to beat and there the last team I got to like a lot, there doing it relatively easy and good chance to go all the way this year...

I have a soft spot for the 49ers and Cheifs as Montana played with both I also dont mind the Ravens and Colts but thats it...

Cant stand the New York teams or the Titans and especially the Phillie Eagles hehehe....

Pie Lynden Dunn and we loved him at Melbourne cannot understand why Goodwin traded him, was given a standing ovation at the G when we played the Pies by the Dee supporters hope he gets back soon and im wrapped for him he got to play in a GF last year after all the years scraping the bottom of the barrel with us...a just reward.

The Irish are fighting back...there WILL be 14 of them in the AFL this season Kerry a club not a girl has developed a booklet.....yes a booklet.....reverting times I think...its called Stay Play and Work in Kerry.....Tired of us taking there cream there developing a book to help retain there stars ...hehehe.....now what do you think printed words WILL mean to these guys? I can solve there problem very easy....for a small fee I can be a part time consultant to the Irish football league....between you and me its always the $$$$ first the experience second and girls third ....well maybe not in that order.....I propose we have an AFL team in Dublin...that WILL keep a few of them boys at home.....the AFL want to go global....fooie in China gees they have the Irish at our feet....and we can have snow at Xmas at last....be nice to see the Dee's play in the snow....

The skribes that work in the media and know jack poo about football are suggesting the golden Greek Jimmy Toumpas the ex Dee and Port man to fill the void of Blues Dockerty who is for the next season out, a number 4 pick by the Dees around 2013 or something like that, looked every bit of a player yet is so underwhelming made jack Watts the steal of the century, by sheer good dark looks made his way onto an AFL list, even fooled them over there at Port when he amassed a stunning 20 odd games in like 4 years that were like played and wasn't ever noticed on the ground...did he get a kick? not sure I know he got near the ball a few times.....wow man if Chook has to worry about his boy I could have bagged this guy for eternity .....I looked into the middle distance with third eye planted on his pic and transcended a calming quality off super star status and wishful thinking that he could be the star that he looked and I did this for a season and a half....it just not registered, this guy WILL go down in history as the body of a man with a heart of a chicken.....

My god just read a dozen Dee's had the knife taken to them they were queuing up at Epworth Hospital in a long line reminiscent of a caravan crossing an arab desert....some good names among them.....Oliver both shoulders....umm Leaver thinks a mid season return....

The only Saint to go under the knife was ex Dee Dean Kent well of course he actually put in last year.....

Nick Nack mid year return....think J Watts was better value there WILL 200 games and still going...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are football seat tickets getting to expensive?

Well blow me down with books cheap Samsung J7..... he still haunts the corridors of TV .....Well its that time of the year over in the Big Apple ahh i mean the land of the long yank....its play off time...its championship games in college football....they seem to think that gridiron is "the only football" game in the world, wont get into the nitty gritty of that but....Mondays College Football Playoff title game suggests its the final but no a play off game...so its not the final...i think but hey i wouldn't know its the way its written, Alabama and Clemson both undefeated will face off in that game in Levi stadium in Santa Clara California not Cuba where Che so famously turned the tide agains Baptista's Army and then walked all the way to Havana to set up the new Government....I decided not to vist the triangle of Pirate town Trinadad and then Santa Clara due to the transport system or a lack of the creature comforts us aussies have come to expect though im thinking of hitting the border of Argentina and Brazil to see the Iguaza falls sometime soon so need to practice my bad Spanish again on you lads....since i will be in sexy South America Cuba and Mexico would be nice to see again.....of course i mentioned this to a few Thai friends and they cannot fathom anything so big a waterfall that spans 3 countries...and so high.....you know they were shocked when i told them the humble Thai Chillie they have come to call there own is not in fact there own at all, and it only was introduce to Thailand more than likely by the Spaniards since they first took it from Mexico along with tomatoes and Chocolate, yep they thought it all came from BKK....and some of these girls have Masters Degrees too...

Seems interest in this particular game isn't of particular interest since its in California they think, ticket prices have on the secondary market (we call it scalping) dropped by 70% ...someone is loosing money....average resale cost (Scalpers demanding) from $US1,043 to $US533 in a matter of days, upper deck seats which have a face value of $US475 were going for as low as $US114 on one website and $139 on another yesterday....game is played this coming monday night...

To compare last years Scalpers ticket demands were $US1752 against Georgia playing Alabama, Georgia of course are just a short stroll from Atlanta, Santa Clara California is 49er territory not a college town and over 2000 miles for both teams....

Browns Baker Mayfield picked off on there last drive against the Ravens who were the original Browns i might add....Ravens win gets them into a wild card slot though they toiled hard and long, Browns Finnish the year with a 7-8-1 record and no head coach....the monday after round 17 is called Black Monday its the day head coaches heads roll....6 were cut with 2 during the season a quarter of the league looking for a new scape goat...John Elway is fast loosing the charisma that as Denver QB with 2 superbowel wins now GM cant pick a coach or QB.....

New start up social media company here in AU go belly up they had mega Aussie sports stars on there books...allowed for customers to inter react with them showing film of training sessions etc....seems not one sports person ever got paid 4 million dollars raised to run the app and get it out there drops like led into puddle of dirty water, ummm some well known people involved both sides of the coin......ummm was around for a few years i never heard of it...

Kayo....i got it.....is it any good? well covers your AFL and Aleague pretty well....Cricket? loath it cant watch it....seems to be a lot on....sailing...ahh yes...Sydney to Hobart...no thanks i like cats and stuff like that....not much on, Soccer? selected Euro games ok if your a Real Madrid fan and im not .....liked watching a couple of English Championship games...2cd division to those not in the know seems just 2 games a week....at least all teams featured were in the top 6, same goes with NFL...Eagles...i cannot watch...ps they made the play offs after looking like death most of the year...still navigating and im not really a sports nut...

Honda is out for a month, which means he will be out for 6 since he hasn't played in 2 weeks was hopping to catch him on the 65inch telly this week on Kayo....ahhh Telstra might be loosing customers now with AFL live .............no more squinting at phone size video on tablet to watch the might Dee's take it home this year...its all done and dusted names already been printed on the cup Heard Sun has printed 2 million Hearld Suns inn advance...hows that for confidence?

Harevy Bennal looks like getting traded to the Blues.....there picking up all discards so watch out there...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-michael-dickson-overcame-his-greatest-disappointment-to-turn-in-the-best-season-ever-for-a-seahawks-punter/ in the feel good story for this summer.....

Glen Archer finally hands in the towel at North.....picking on an ump didnt bring him down....its the work load that got to him.....or did it? went through hell and high water full of piranhas to get a clean sheet from the judge just so he could hang up the towel 12 months later? i dont think soooooo....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Are football seat tickets getting to expensive?

Seems interest in this particular game isn't of particular interest since its in California they think, ticket prices have on the secondary market (we call it scalping) dropped by 70% ...someone is loosing money....average resale cost (Scalpers demanding) from $US1,043 to $US533 in a matter of days, upper deck seats which have a face value of $US475 were going for as low as $US114 on one website and $139 on another yesterday....game is played this coming monday night...

To compare last years Scalpers ticket demands were $US1752 against Georgia playing Alabama, Georgia of course are just a short stroll from Atlanta, Santa Clara California is 49er territory not a college town and over 2000 miles for both teams....

I don't know about footy tickets, but was reading the other day that scalpers were asked $40 000 for a ticket to Bruce Springsteen's last show of Springsteen on Broadaway????

I had to be content with a download:smile:

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 1:49 AM, Will27 said:

I don't know about footy tickets, but was reading the other day that scalpers were asked $40 000 for a ticket to Bruce Springsteen's last show of Springsteen on Broadaway????

I had to be content with a download:smile:

I wouldn't even buy one of his albums....got a couple of free downloads if ya know what i mean, anyway like most was way better at the start of his career, well i did buy a couple LP.s when he was on vinal and of course very early in his career...

$40,000 you say....gees i draw the line at $AU 220 now...in fact ive retired from going to see Santana son tried to get me interested last time they were out...no thanks...I did pay a whopping 10 convertible pesos which is $US10 to see one of the big legendary Cuban bands when i was in Havana...i think i was the only foreigner in the room and the only one who paid full price, ya see Che and Fidel look after there own....Fidel to raise foreign $ came up with a two currency country one for Cubans and one for everyone else so that instantly made everything more expensive for guys like me...Cubans wanted my Convertible peso and i had to pay in it all the time well Cuba turned out to be cheaper even more than Thailand Phillipines and Cambodia the deal was Fidel even how smart he was didnt keep up with inflation it was set to late 90's US$ i had a 300 year old apartment with 16 feet ceilings on the second level for $US35 a night and dinner around the 7 to 8 US$...at nice restaurants, only in old Havana where most tourists prefer to hang out did they pay much higher everything... 

And i wouldn't go to watch an AFL game again as was well.....my theory is they wanted to make mega bucks from TV rights, clubs wanted to give you the worst position in the stadium so you would go and pay 4 times or more for the seat and top it off with an exclusive membership so you could apply for that seat...ummmm even Aleague games cost around the high 30s in $ non reserved at the gate....@$25 a month i see all Dee and Melb Vic games so thats a huge saving there...plus of course Real Madrid every week too...

• Like 1

Well the USA is in a buzz.....there forgotten about Trump and his wall and half a million government employees many still working and no pay this week or next cause the democrats wont give Trump 5 billion big ones to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out..... and its looking to be protracted as Trump digs in with bunker mentality, he could get assassinated you know from some pissed off airport worker....there buzzing cause most of the NFL clubs have hired there coaches....simply amazing I think...about half within a week the rest within 10 to 12 days of black Monday, one experienced ex head 14 year veteran of the Packers with a host of titles under his belt including a superbowel  stuck his neck out saying he was only interested in the Jets job who he interviewed for but sadly was over looked now has to back his words up by sitting out of football for a year apparently the family is wrapped.....

Freddie Kitchens the intern coach of the Browns after they  knifed Hue gets a contract to keep it going....apparently Baker was in on it too....seems the quarterbacks there are powerful people....

John Elway is running out of love in Denver, singed up the 17th new coach who is keen to get the best out of QB Keenham....Johns introduction was a 3 point statement of Vic Fangio what I was bemused was Vic's number 2 point in a very long introduction from him....

Quote...!!!!!!!!!!    

• I’ll work with John Elway on a lot of stuff, including personnel. If we get in arguments, it’s ultimately John’s call. This team is his baby.

Now that's what I like....Vic has put it out there pretty much telling the world that if we don't get a winning season go talk to John....

Melbourne Victory go down in a blaze of bullets in Adelaide Wednesday night...2-0 and the first loss in a while, Kev the coach in a long interview unshaven head and a three day growth very unlike Kev to report for duty looking like that, after the game was very relaxed even joking smiling often, has developed in to a reporters darling, as a player was seen as a defending brute that would walk over you hard as nails type....grown a lot as a coach I've noticed....I actually like the guy...

Well the Socceroos came undone in Dubai at the start of there defence of the Asian Cup, started the game like they were still on holidays in Monaco, picked up the pace in the second half but couldn't buy a goal, Jordan ever so dangerous on the break...how they could take them so lightly is a mystery, Jordan have beaten us twice in recent memory in the Middle East...Japan were stunned by some former soviet republic wearing all green....now could someone enlighten me why green is such a popular National team colour in the middle east plzzzz....the ex soviet state of T something or other that I never ever heard of went 1 goal up early similar to what Jordan did too us....Japan came out meaning business in the second half....they put 3 into the net...but the ex soviets got a penalty to end the game 3-2....no easy games over there guys...

Arnold has lead the Aussies to an Asian Cup once before and didn't do a good job of it....didnt stay national coach for long as well...claims he is not a mad vocal motivator says he is a nice quite type, yeah I get ya...sometimes reving up some prima donnas is needed, just cause he had a few premierships in the Aleague dont mean your a World Cup coach of the year.....my tip is we will bomb out, we need to win the next 2 games in the group stage, Arnold had to contend with several long term injuries to key players one was Boyd the Scott turned Aussie who was about the only live wire forward we had.......Arnold probably WILL get to keep his job after a disastrous Asian Cup defence my tip is we WILL eventually go back to a European coach and they should be looking at the Jordan coach.

Apart from Docker Harley no ones been acting up over xmas....nice change....big Max surprised girl friend with an engagement ring while hiking in NZ the pic is of she and he still with beard on top of the slopes and her all happy....there all starting to settle down and get married in Demon land there for the that equals kids and stability at least in the short term and a couple of flags coming our way...

5G..Telstra announces its on from middle of this year and WILL have 5G capable mobile phones to get you hot hands on seems they done deals with LG and Samsung among others...what is 5G....it could be used for rapid download speeds means in seconds.....cowpow......bingo....presto.....gaming apps will be stunning and stuff like that...dont mean much to me....apparently I read there is 2 types of 5G confusing? it is as Telstra phones will only offer one of them....since I use my phone as what a phone was meant to be used for it wont worry me one little bit but tech savvy Sudds might have a delima .....

Apple are in no hurry to to offer 5G cause its dam fast anyway must say my iPhone XR is like my GTI zoooooooommmmmm.....

• Thanks 1

3 Alexs.

de Minaur, Bolt and last hopeful Popyrin in Oz open.

Alex is the in name at the moment.

Sorry to keep mentioning tennis.

But something to get excited about until the preseason footy games start.

I'm thinking Tigers still in good stead for a rippa 2019. 

No bad news regarding drunk players or sex acts, so team should be tight and ready to play.

• Haha 1