Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Titus O'Reily is always worth a read.

The Monday knee jerk reaction.

Footy is a passion, not some cold hearted, spread sheet dominated rational exercise.

On a Monday, you want irrational reaction. You want emotion to trump reason.

What you really want is idiotic hysteria.

You’ve come to the right place.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-four

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Titus O'Reily is always worth a read.

The Monday knee jerk reaction.

Footy is a passion, not some cold hearted, spread sheet dominated rational exercise.

On a Monday, you want irrational reaction. You want emotion to trump reason.

What you really want is idiotic hysteria.

You’ve come to the right place.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-four

I like him casue he is a Dee supporter.....and Tip....Dee's not to hot with Saints as well we hadnt won in Sydeny since 2006 so you can see why i was shy to pick them....Saints kinda belt us up a lot too....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

Brett Rattan was a VERY good coach a few years back.   But NO!!!!! the Carlton Board had to ditch him for Mick Malthouse and then Brendon Bolton, neither of which was a good fit for the culture at Princes Park.    Bolton isn't an AFL coach, he is a goddamn grief counsellor. 

If the midget gets sacked before end of 2020 he will get huge $$$$ in compensation, and I just don't know why there weren't performance based clauses when he signed the dotted line.   Not that contracts are worth any more than the dunny paper they are written on these days.   

Below is a photo of our coach addressing his players pre-season.

CzxTojsUUAE4e1X.jpg

He's (Bolton) immune to a lot of criticism because of the "good bloke" syndrome.

A bit like Rich was at the Saints last year.

He seems to be more of an educator than a head coach IMO.

Can't believe the majority of critics are saying he's safe until at least the end of the year.

If Carlton don't get at least 1 win before the bye, he has to go.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 4:18 PM, Radar501 said:

Brett Rattan was a VERY good coach a few years back.   But NO!!!!! the Carlton Board had to ditch him for Mick Malthouse and then Brendon Bolton, neither of which was a good fit for the culture at Princes Park.    Bolton isn't an AFL coach, he is a goddamn grief counsellor. 

If the midget gets sacked before end of 2020 he will get huge $$$$ in compensation, and I just don't know why there weren't performance based clauses when he signed the dotted line.   Not that contracts are worth any more than the dunny paper they are written on these days.   

Below is a photo of our coach addressing his players pre-season.

CzxTojsUUAE4e1X.jpg

Your not up with it Radar, Bolton isnt on a contract he is a salary employie of the CFC, in other words a staff member like the girl friday in the office, nice bit of reading in one of the online papers during the week on Bolton and his controling coaching style it was compared to Nathan Buckley previous to last season, also he is all football, uptight and all, struggles to find something to mesh with his players outside of football, another point mentioned is he over does the bla bla especialy on tactics and match day, you know Thai style "you talk to mush".

There is a wind blowing across Princess park that WILL respark the little hero, Bobbie "Robert smack you in the back of the head when going for the mark" Walls has come on down on a voluntary basis to help out what it realy means is to mentor the guy, Walls a premiership player and coach and an awful teacher of primary school kids WILL actualy mentor Bolton.

The parallel of Buckly and Bolton are soooooo similar the writing is on the WALL's....

Bobbie i guess will set up the oil lamps around the place have indian meditation music pumping through the PP ground speakers ommmmo....ommmmo....the Blues WILL be fine i predict a second half of season turn around....

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

I've not picked the result of a weekend opening game this season. :sad:

Its ok if you can stilled pick the rest, you get the away team so your 1 already but be warned if you do well in the rest of your pickings they take you first win back....happend to me.....

40 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Its ok if you can stilled pick the rest, you get the away team so your 1 already but be warned if you do well in the rest of your pickings they take you first win back....happend to me.....

He's not saying he didn't put his tips in.

He's saying he hasn't picked a winner from the first game of the round this season.

He ain't the lone ranger either:cool:

I'm not sure if I've picked Friday night winner this year.

Hope I'm right tonight.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

He's not saying he didn't put his tips in.

He's saying he hasn't picked a winner from the first game of the round this season.

He ain't the lone ranger either

I'm not sure if I've picked Friday night winner this year.

Hope I'm right tonight.

I think you will be okay tonight Will. WCE should be easy winners.

Do not forget that the Gauntlet starts this week for those interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

I think you will be okay tonight Will. WCE should be easy winners.

Do not forget that the Gauntlet starts this week for those interested.

Looks like it will be played in terrible weather which doesn't fill me with confidence.

What's the Gauntlet Rip?

• Like 1

Some prize offered for a correct tip, this is from an old facebook post.

GAUNTLET launches this weekend on AFL Tipping. Pick one team per round for a chance to win $1k. Not too late to join: http://tipping.afl.com.au

Keep our rolling blog open every Friday for the latest team news, late scratchings and whispers.

• Like 2

It's official,the Kangaroos are basket cases.Their simply not fit.

Get the gallows out,no direction what so ever.

Sack Scott immediately,sack the recruiters,sack the lot.???? 

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Well the upsets continue with Freo beating GWS.

Gazman will be a happy man:smile:

The Sainters are 7 goals up against Melbourne.

Either Chooka or Alex will be happy in about 30 minutes.

I hope the next game is an upset as well. I doubt it though.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

How do I do it?? Last week picked the Dees and this week the Saints. Do nto know who is smiling on me but I am happy they are!!!!

picked the saints myself.  I think we have sydney at home next week 

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

picked the saints myself.  I think we have sydney at home next week 

Absolutely no idea why I picked Melbourne when I know the Saints belt us up a lot...

The boys down there at Casey cause that's were they train can kiss there season good-bye...to much press pre season gave them a very big head, guys you have to actually inprove on last year to go a few places further.....

Saints played us like we should have been playing....run run run backing up making leads tackle in numbers, we are nothing like the last few years, Roos was commentating on the game id think he would be pretty annoyed how they slipped backwards....id say only Salem and Oliver can raise there heads the rest...well

Was reported in the papers during the week Wediman how ever you spell it is out of contract end of season and his manager has ploped a 650,000 price tag on his head...my first thoughts are...he is Collingwood bound, Dee's won't pay it and on his performace this season he's worth a bob (A SHIILING....20 cents) over 250,000...

Bit of chaos for sure in the AFL still to soon to write off teams, mid season if your 6-6 you got a big chance....15 wins might even be for first or second spot this year...sim salsa bin laden who was thrown off a ship if you can believe that...then your a better man than me..

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2