Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Your typical winters day in Melbourne today...rain wind and shit looking skies...The Dee's will be on holiday mode up near the gold coast today and im pretty sure they wont be in a hurry to come on home....

We have come along way from the mud infested Moorabbin ground....did you know they have an airport there too? they doooo.....Saints were known for leaving sprinklers on after training from thursday night untill sat morining...Saints wernt that good a team back then bottom 2 forever...the sprinklers were designed to slow the other team down....didnt help much did it Chooks?

The sprinklers came on once in the 3rd quarter during a Hawks game out at Artic Park then it was there prized home ground once the AFL realized most supporters hated that ground...and wouldnt go there.....(couldnt sell the ground so they gave it to the Hawks) think they were playing the Bombers who got pissed off as it stopped play and there run on for a Hawk comeback and win...(eventualy carved up the car park for housing tore down the crap stands and WILL is ur uncle) and its still in the middle of nowhere....use to take me a full on hour to drive there and half way was a freeway before it was extended and tolled....another blight on the landscape...mind you i lived a mere 5 min sprint in my 1969 Mini Cooper S from the city...and this is the 80's...we got an extra 2 million refugges living here now....try getting there today in an hour....

https://www.thejournal.ie/district-court-staff-feld-asian-restaurant-work-permits-4700271-Jun2019/  Not only in Australia and the US of A.......Ho and they been complaining about house prices too...Kiwi's too.....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12245067 And there talking about it in Kiwi land...seems the church group thats got behind former GWS hack Folau after the Go Fund me group took down his fund and returned the $$$$ has raised something like 2 million last i heard....3 is the target and the deal is to break Rugby, i for one cant see how the dill could possibly get compensated but hey...the law....is a mystery... its how much you throw $$ at it....Don Burke the disgraced garden show host of channel 9 won a decison this week yet was clearly wrong..now tell me how that works? Never mind we have AFL and the coaches merry go round to keep us distracted....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12244787 Ahhh and his mrs is sitting besides him...not sure her look is of one of complete faith in her hubby...a mild disgrace is more like it....cam in the dunny....some people are weird.....Bit like Brian Taylor going into the spa rooms after a dee win last year...at the G.

Melbourne Victory have relaced Kev Muscat with former Adelaide United coach Marco Kurz....popular but not with the new owners who slowly squeezed him out, lots and lots of experiance....im a happy chappie....think this guy can take us further....Wonder if they WILL expect Marco to wear a suite and tie with sponsor Maribella embroded on to his shirt collars....looks god dam off.....he was a trakkie dakkie guy at United....hope he made a clause in his contract on that....

Wayne Rooney former Man Untied ace and now playing in the USA whos romps with prostitutes keep coming back to haunt him with a kiss and tell book by one of his ummm female friends....who was pictured recently living it up on a beach somewhere...well..i wouldnt pay to screw her....not good taste has Wayne....though his mrs is a bit of all right....judge the man by the company he keeps...mixed bag here....the ummm friend has a nice set of 38 inch at least and thats about it....anyway said ace Rooney was actualy lucky to get the ball...no effort was done be he indeed....typical forward who dont defend in the back third ...mistake by defender GIFTED the ball to Wayne...who said thanks and took off, like this guy is still a class act....around the middle of the ground between wing and centre and broken free from all defenders ....Wayne sees goalie on egde of outer box and shoots it over his head into the back of the net....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I must say Collingwood were off tonight against us.

We kicked points, had plays where 4 or 5 handballs hit the ground and missed targets with kicks.

Can't complain about the pressure on their ball carriers though,superb.

A completely different looking team even from the GWS game where we fell away after half time.

Sneaky chance to keep the season alive to the business end.

Just lucky thats all.....Pies have fallen off a cliff form wise...written in the stars last week....its sim sala magic trick and Buckleys boys will be cruisn again in not time....

Also makes a mockery of how players who are on big bucks just drop off......seeing it at Hawthorn but hey thats a differant senerio.....This is why i like the NFL.....you got 15 seconds to perform....one play....two plays....three plays then your out on your ass....

At this stage there seems to be only one team in it....WCE i like the way they find that extra in a tight game....Dee's should be trying to get there Captain and Yeo....

As for my sorry bunch......you know your in the poos when the coach is making excuses....if there serious for next year after a decent draft pick or two this year they wanna pretty much smash em up in Brisie today....they could get some streed creds back with Blues and Bulldogs next....then its mayhem...... WCE, Saints, Tigers, Pies, Swans and North...

Shaw was all at sea in his first game....has settled in well now....im of the opinion after seeing him on the tellie last night should be taken seriously....has that good old fashion Collingwood know how...hehehe he is color blind you know.....Them Shaws are ghosts in the corridors of Victoria park you did know ?....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

As for my sorry bunch......you know your in the poos when the coach is making excuses....if there serious for next year after a decent draft pick or two this year they wanna pretty much smash em up in Brisie today....they could get some streed creds back with Blues and Bulldogs next....then its mayhem...... WCE, Saints, Tigers, Pies, Swans and North...

Do us a favour Alex and get your boys to beat Brisbane.

They're right up our clacker.

• Like 1

Just now, Will27 said:

Do us a favour Alex and get your boys to beat Brisbane.

They're right up our clacker.

One thing about Melbourne is you can rely on them not to deliver when its needed....so there is no pressure on them today hahaha.....casue there season has been blown up by a IS terroist truck called injuries or so thats the excuse there using...

But its just past the half way mark of the season so a lot of these guys coming off short preseason should now be finding there feet...unless we were never as good as everyone thought we were its time to rock some boats and shape the 8....other wise we will have to call up Paul Roos for another spell.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I'm about 130 clicks west of Khon Kaen.

Kangaroo country out here in the sticks.????

Ahhh ok....thought it might be NS i did scroll back and look for where you metioned it when you showed the picks of ur new mansion....in Kangaroo Valley (couldnt find it) since your no where near there it dont matter anymore..i should have private PM you but never mind the brain dont work that fast anymore....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

For Alex and Radar.

Courtesy of Titus.

Carlton vs Melbourne (MCG) Fox 1:10pm

Two sides who have spent the last few decades tormenting their fans on a level that would normally be referred to as bullying.

I’m looking forward to going to this about as much as a serious surgery with no anaesthetic.

The Blues fans started the season with no hope and things got worse from there, until David Teague came along and suddenly the Carlton faithful have hope.

Melbourne fans started the season with hope and then it plummeted away like a plane in a downward tailspin, except there’s no end to it. There’s no sweet ground rising up to take away all this pain.

A loss here and it won’t be the worst humiliation they’ve had in recent years; it will just be another they can add to the very impressive collection they’ve built up.

Either side can lose this, Melbourne should win, but they shouldn’t be 16th on the ladder, so making the impossible come true is sort of their thing, in a negative way.

Carlton wins here and they would need to start seriously considering making Teague their permeant coach. I know he doesn’t bring the big reputation Carlton boards usually go for, but he wins, and I think Blues fans could come to like that.

In this case I think the Dees will win but I’m not confident.

Im with him....Not confident.

• Like 2