Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Saints got lucky only Hill was a good one the rest turned out to be good moneyball picks and a lot of luck lets see if they turn up next year....Though ive always rated Ratten as a coach

Its obvious isnt it that going up the ladder starts in the board room, ( which handicaps North ) going back in time all strong clubs were first in the board room...look at the Eagles a prime example, and now the Tigers there CEO is a very good one, Gale, i dont rate my club's one to much i think Bartlet doesnt sabre rattle enough and to be honest getting Pert in after he was sacked by the Pies....surley....Listening to him talk is like someone screwing my head up in a vice...

Well Ben Brown had a zoom call with Dee's next is a medical then its offering pennies and peanuts at  trade week...what do you think North WILL ask for him? like he is on there nose....id cough up a late second and throw in the hifernated guy and he could be a good mid for you....his kicking inproved this year by the way....

I liked Tyson cant understand why they traded him, both an inside and outside mid....what were they thinking....with a dash of kalure that booze that makes you a bit classy....

Well TV has had an upgrade...looks like them rubbish vids and jumping pages are gone and a bolder type...so pretty...might encourage me to go back into the rooms here and stirr a few up....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Who are we picking this weekend?

I'm tipping the Tigers but hope Geelong can get it done.

Just to upset the West Aussies in here.....Tigers again......

And mate if the purrs win the final with Cameron on his way they will vie for the Capital of Victoria, we cant have that sir....you have no idea how many closet Cat supporters live in Melborune....no couldnt go through it again.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Just to upset the West Aussies in here.....Tigers again......

And mate if the purrs win the final with Cameron on his way they will vie for the Capital of Victoria, we cant have that sir....you have no idea how many closet Cat supporters live in Melborune....no couldnt go through it again.....

I don't think it's just the West Aussies on here who don't like Richmond Uncle Alex:smile:

• Sad 1

Its now official ......Shaw has resigned and taken his payout and moving to the Gold Coast.....there still using that sorrowful pic of he at the last press conference....one day a book WILL come out as it was all lolly water from Ryth and North's press statement....

Fj can now begin the search for a new coach, as we all know there a bunch of prostitues them assistants so they WILL clammer to get there hands on the keys to Ryths office......anyway there saying they want an experianced coach or an experianced meaning ex coach as an assistant....good luck with that....

Meanwhile Claytons name keeps coming up....now even the Dee's recon no way jose.....so Gardy might have been right BUT the Blues have made no comment....either way....so Nov 4 watch this space....

Hanan how ever you spell his name has asked to be traded to the Dogs, kinda WILL miss him, hes the type that could win you a flag if he put in for a season...plays taller than he is and shorter than he is arms like a monkeys can mark and crum.....so im guessing with an upset Tom, Hanan wants a trade Oliver being hunted something is telling me Simon might be loosing the guys....well they played like that for half the season the other half wasnt spectacular as well....

• Like 2

Its almost a done deal......Brown to Goodwins Padock for pic 23, done the medical yesterday with Bombers also sniffing around.... https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-news-kangaroos-forward-completes-medical-with-victorian-club-afl-brown-67134/ come follow my bunch next year Fj, im expecting Ross the Boss to take over by round 10....

Well blow me down with a feather...GWS inquire about Tom Macdonald....Zac Langdon WILL request a trade to WCE...

Isaac Smith still hasnt made up his mind which mean he is on the move...to a destination club....Demons....funny as that sounds, the basket case we are we dont have much problem attraction players, do we need Cale Hooker and Smith? Strong tip that Smith is heading to the G..... Cats sniffing around too....

Brisbane WILL need to cough up a low first round pic for big Joe.....just do it.....Lions have 16-17 but the Dons want 7..the maths dont add up....

Saints put two hacks on the trade table for Crow Crouch.....

In very exciting news for Fj Voss meets North for a parla vou.....

Oliver talk is getting louder......and wont go away, i can tell you the Dee's are easy to deal with....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Its almost a done deal......Brown to Goodwins Padock for pic 23, done the medical yesterday with Bombers also sniffing around.... https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-news-kangaroos-forward-completes-medical-with-victorian-club-afl-brown-67134/ come follow my bunch next year Fj, im expecting Ross the Boss to take over by round 10....

Well blow me down with a feather...GWS inquire about Tom Macdonald....Zac Langdon WILL request a trade to WCE...

Isaac Smith still hasnt made up his mind which mean he is on the move...to a destination club....Demons....funny as that sounds, the basket case we are we dont have much problem attraction players, do we need Cale Hooker and Smith? Strong tip that Smith is heading to the G..... Cats sniffing around too....

Brisbane WILL need to cough up a low first round pic for big Joe.....just do it.....Lions have 16-17 but the Dons want 7..the maths dont add up....

Saints put two hacks on the trade table for Crow Crouch.....

In very exciting news for Fj Voss meets North for a parla vou.....

Oliver talk is getting louder......and wont go away, i can tell you the Dee's are easy to deal with....

WC should be able to get Zac Langdon for a 4th rounder TBH.

Was a mature age pick at 56 and couldn't consolidate a spot.

Getting BB should mean finals or bust for Goodwin.

He will be a good addition for the Dee's.

Is Vossy mad?

Already made a bad decision by leaving WC as an assistant coach and

taking on the Brisbane job with no experience.

Don't make the same mistake again.

Reckon you need an experienced successful coach for Norf.

Lyon would be perfect IMO.

Depends if he wants to live in Tasmania I guess:smile:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Is Vossy mad?

Already made a bad decision by leaving WC as an assistant coach and

taking on the Brisbane job with no experience.

Don't make the same mistake again.

Reckon you need an experienced successful coach for Norf.

Lyon would be perfect IMO.

Depends if he wants to live in Tasmania I guess:smile:

Well Voss must be interested if he has stated he is Not.

I don't think i could bare Lyon's game style.

Could we pull one of the old fellas out of the cold.

Ayres,Blight,Thomas,Williams,time will tell.

Not a fan of Tassie But in reality one thing that keeps us uncompetative is no Home ground advantage.

The downside would be we can't keep players on the park now and the frosty conditions in Tassie wouldn't help that cause.

Sorry Alex i won't be moving over with Brown,can think of about another 15 clubs higher up the pecking order to support.

Thanks for the link to zerohanger,it has more than the boring AFL website.

Front bar was good again,had the Rocca bros on reliving their old toastie making show days.Fitzy was funny as well.

One sleep to go.????

• Like 2

Look you would think Voss and Lyon are too smart to take on North like i said you would think....pretty sure Ross the boss Lyon woundnt, but them sweet talkers come talking sugar and spice and all things nice pull out the excell sheet and make it look plausable.

Ross would be waiting for Simon to hang himself were about the only team with a half decent list with an iffy coach who could be on borrowed time with pressure ramping up around round 5 if were not at least 3-2, if were not in the 8 and smelling ok Simon should be taking a bullet....from anytime mid seaon on.

Now i been looking into the ex coaches that could be avalible for you.....very good list indeed...

Tony Shaw....uncle of the recently departed, 2 ys in the Pies job always has something to say when the press phone him up....

Father Shaw, father of the recenlty departed, Preston inspiration and saviour delivering the Bullants first premiership in like forever.....top class rover with the Pies was expected to get the job there but never did....

Micky Malthouse....mucho experienco flag winning @ the Eagles and Pies, you could do a lot worse by the way....Cold hard stare that ive experianced but you dont win flags if your really not any good hey?

Kev Sheedy could be talked to come on back, set up the Gaints nicely and would know how to do it and get it done....4 flags and knew how to turn over a team....only trouble is he might never leave.....

John Northey........he might be in a wheel chair now but i can vouch for him, knew how to get the best out of ordinary men.....absolutly steller coaching credentials before landing his first AFL gig....

Mark Needle......yes yes, highly regarded by Malthouse was spun a pack of lies, sure he ruffeld up a few players but we didnt need them.....no dout learned his lesson....

If you could cox Neil Balm out of his Tigers job you wouldnt go wrong, a peoples person took flags in SA with Norwood and got the Dee's playing some exciting football only trouble was that SA style was easily chopped up with man on man tacticks.....was involved with the Cats during the Thompson years has pedigree ozzing in his blood stream.....

A cheap way to get a new coach is get a bronze statue made of the Doc, Allet, the dentist ex presidento of North during the 70's hollow it out and Glen can get inside and scream drills at the troops....hes taken over everything else there why not the coaches job?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:24 AM, AlexRRR said:

Saints got lucky only Hill was a good one the rest turned out to be good moneyball picks and a lot of luck lets see if they turn up next year....Though ive always rated Ratten as a coach

Its obvious isnt it that going up the ladder starts in the board room, ( which handicaps North ) going back in time all strong clubs were first in the board room...look at the Eagles a prime example, and now the Tigers there CEO is a very good one, Gale, i dont rate my club's one to much i think Bartlet doesnt sabre rattle enough and to be honest getting Pert in after he was sacked by the Pies....surley....Listening to him talk is like someone screwing my head up in a vice...

Well Ben Brown had a zoom call with Dee's next is a medical then its offering pennies and peanuts at  trade week...what do you think North WILL ask for him? like he is on there nose....id cough up a late second and throw in the hifernated guy and he could be a good mid for you....his kicking inproved this year by the way....

I liked Tyson cant understand why they traded him, both an inside and outside mid....what were they thinking....with a dash of kalure that booze that makes you a bit classy....

Well TV has had an upgrade...looks like them rubbish vids and jumping pages are gone and a bolder type...so pretty...might encourage me to go back into the rooms here and stirr a few up....

Now Brad Crouch wants to join the saints.  Don't know they can fit him into the midfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well a bright spark is De Goey's dad, little intrest in his kid tells a couple of rival clubs he will sign a new 2 year deal with the Pies.....then see what FA brings, advertising your intent just put Collingwood in the box seat.......Now do you think the Pie's would rush on in with a 2 year deal ? No they wont they WILL slap a cheap 3 to 4 year deal on the table....in the end if they the De Goey's are cabable of negotiating which seems unlikely at this point in time he WILL play for what hes on now for the next 2 years....being cheap wont help your pocket...get a manager kid....

Fagan and big Joe photoed on a Brisie street corner....couldnt get out of Melbourne fast enough hey? top of 12 today with we we rain coming down since last night...got a wet head putting out an empty soft drink bottle this morning, dont laugh my Russian friend said after explaining to her about Melbourne weather and asking me what is my idea of good weather i replied over 20 she said i dont feel cold untill around -20....

Chooks proud as a peacock promotes the Saints midfeild thinking theres no room for Couch surfer, well i can tell you Nat Jones Brother gets injured a lot, he was in my fanatsy team playing 2 of every 3 games and thats being kind to him, belive me Chooks you need him.....WILL you be doing raffles at the drive through to help pay for his salary by the way? 700,000 a season you have to find...

Ho no Glen is not running the show.... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-north-melbourne-rhyce-shaw-glenn-archer-next-north-melbourne-coach-caroline-wilson-ben-buckley/news-story/1894124887f30542335df4d016615bd6 read bettween the lines and see what you think....actualy you dont have to read bettween the lines its in black and white...... Tassie bound North just what the AFL wanted no need to sweeten the pot of gold to seduce a move they WILL fall over stone broke and get pushed south....

All the vultures can go back to there tree houses Zac Merrett to stay in 2021, Pie Beams opens up about his addiction with gambling and prescription drugs, good fit for North Fj Glen could clean the guy up and you would get him for nothing, Demons are over being a savior club, we wont look at any "bad Boys" any longer....

MCG turf.... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/embarrassing-end-result-of-afls-relocation-of-mcg-turf-to-brisbane/news-story/6c7ffee5e13ea0ced9976db4ed6bb8ef just wouldnt be a Grand Final with out it....them Queerlanders cant grow the good stuff like we can.....to think North Smith and Paul Hudson stood on that peice of grass once....sooooo muuush history.....some funny bits in that article...

Fj WILL love David Deleted, throws up Mick Malthouse name for coach of North.....couple of years out now nice and refreshed .......Al Rico our assistant also muted....please take him.....Mark Williams keeps getting a mentioned now i dont know why this guy has never coached since...i like him....Mathew Knights keeps coming up, Rod Eade.....there the experianced guys out there....about the only dill in the pack is Rico....he would take a rebiuld....job...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Fj WILL love David Deleted, throws up Mick Malthouse name for coach of North.....couple of years out now nice and refreshed .......Al Rico our assistant also muted....please take him.....Mark Williams keeps getting a mentioned now i dont know why this guy has never coached since...i like him....Mathew Knights keeps coming up, Rod Eade.....there the experianced guys out there....about the only dill in the pack is Rico....he would take a rebiuld....job..

Williams is the only one i'd take out of that bunch,still coaching in a lower league and think he did some good work with Dusty to make him mature as a player.Not sure if before or after the chopstick incident????

My list of candidates - Sanderson,Williams,Ayres,Voss and Blight as experienced guys.

Smokies - Hale,Mitchell, Rob Harvey and Jarryd Scofield who has tasted a lot of success.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If it rains heavily in Qld today as predicted, I reckon Geelong will be no chance.

My best case scenario: Geelong win by a point in the last 30 seconds of the game

after Tom Lynch gives away 3 consecutive 50 meter penalties with Harry Taylor getting the Norm Smith.

Worst case scenario: Richmond win and the Norm Smith goes to either Dusty, Cotchin or Lynch.

Either way, if Richmond start to dominate, I'll be turning it off like last year.

Let's hope the bigger bodied defenders can inflict some pain on the nimble tigers forwards.

I really think the wings wil play a huge part,if Duncan and Menegola get on top of McIntosh and Pickett it will go along way to getting the job done.

Have to adjust the first crack today with the later start.????

• Like 2

21 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Williams is the only one i'd take out of that bunch,still coaching in a lower league and think he did some good work with Dusty to make him mature as a player.Not sure if before or after the chopstick incident????

My list of candidates - Sanderson,Williams,Ayres,Voss and Blight as experienced guys.

Smokies - Hale,Mitchell, Rob Harvey and Jarryd Scofield who has tasted a lot of success.

You might get Ayres the rest are too smart.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well that caps of a <deleted> season.

The GF pretty much went as expected.

Richmond just better than everyone else.

Hard to see them not winning it again next year as well TBH.

How did your boy Rohan go FJ:biggrin:

I wouldnt go that far, heavy rain all day before the game cut the height out of the cats, wide wings too on a soft ground, a crunch injury to Ablett hurt as well, the Cats are carrying a bit of age in some key posts and mind you they want to top up with Higgings and Smith.....

Glad its over seemed like it went on forever this year adding to the 2 lockdowns here just we just need is to get out of jail, we Vics are dieing for some warm weather, sunshine and being able to move about freely....mind you its 2 months to xmas then were back on holiday.....i could pass this year...hope i can work over jan....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

How did your boy Rohan go FJ:biggrin:

On a par with Rioli and slightly better than Vaustin????

Glad it wasn't a close finish as lost coverage after Menegola goal and when it came back it was over and Tigers by 31.

As much as the Tigers are disliked they only have to please 100,000 people.

Just as well my other man Cox stopped them in there tracks otherwise they would have 4????

Well the Mrs is happy the season is over until the tests start.????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

On a par with Rioli and slightly better than Vaustin????

Glad it wasn't a close finish as lost coverage after Menegola goal and when it came back it was over and Tigers by 31.

As much as the Tigers are disliked they only have to please 100,000 people.

Just as well my other man Cox stopped them in there tracks otherwise they would have 4????

Well the Mrs is happy the season is over until the tests start.????

"Slighty better than Vaustin"?

How can a guy who lasted 5 minutes get a 4 <deleted>!

Here are the ratings from Fox Sports:

23. Gary Rohan

Seven disposals in 2014, five in 2016 and five in 2020 — Grand Finals just haven’t been his stage. Picked up by Dylan Grimes and was blanketed all night. 2

17. Daniel Rioli

Had a few flashes early but couldn’t hit the scoreboard. 3

1. Nick Vlastuin

Vlastuin played just a few minutes of the final after being knocked out by an accidental Patrick Dangerfield elbow. The crucial defender laid two early tackles, but was taken from the ground on a stretcher in a sickening incident. 4

• Like 2

In great news this morning if your a Melbourne supporter is that the Cats are now front runners to land Isaac Smith, the 31 year old is welcomed to not bother with the 3 year deal we put on his table....take the Cats or Hawks 2 year deal plz....And if that Cale Hooker roumour turns up again well we would hope better heads prevail, the idea that were in the window is ludicrous.....

Crows say they WILL match any deal on Couch surfer if compensation is not pick 2.....meanwhile Brisbane think the Bombers WILL not match there Big Joe's deal.....about time clubs began playing Russian roulett, im all for make them sweat it out.

Demons did due dilligence and spoke to Hogan recently the report made out it was the club that decided not to take it any further wonder if thats correct? Well i think where ever he lands they WILL get  a winner....on the nose at the Dockers there moving heaven and earth to move Hulk on....

Lot of mess at Pieland, if Adam T dont end up playing up in Queensland im a monkeys uncle....the big yank is being shopped around as well and could end up in a Scrays jumper next year who are also chasing Dee Hannan which looks like Goodwin is more than happy to offload.....silly man...... De Goey? ummm no sign new contract YET...what could it mean? any money someone's got into his ear lets see if there is some movemnt on him during trade week....wouldnt be a bad idea for Simon to put out some feelers for him, but my club normaly telegraphs its plans to the world and are far from suttle for trade targets so its only a dream....

Dunkley on the move.....Bombers pick up younger bro delisted from Demonland to help entice big bro over.....

In crushing news for Fj Jed Anderson still to sign on the dotted line with Matty Loyd telling the fella to go to the Blues......I wouldnt mind him in my team...looks a very untidy type skinny white legs and porixide mop but can play thats for sure....

Well we thought Zac Merrett had signed  new deal @ Windy Hill but no....so a few clubs mine included must be circling like vultures ready to pick at the flesh of the carcus that is the Bombers, i watched some nature doco once where a bunch of vulutres were waiting for the lions to finnish dinner to get the left overs....this is the same deal.....was intresting....the body language of them vultures....

Trade period starts when cho cho goes to get himself some personal grooming, in dire straights of needing a clip i did try with a pair of unused hair clippers i had and i can tell you cutting dog hair must be an art form becasue i struggled badly. In 7 days time the best part of football season begins....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Lot of mess at Pieland, if Adam T dont end up playing up in Queensland im a monkeys uncle....the big yank is being shopped around as well and could end up in a Scrays jumper next year who are also chasing Dee Hannan which looks like Goodwin is more than happy to offload.....silly man...... De Goey? ummm no sign new contract YET...what could it mean? any money someone's got into his ear lets see if there is some movemnt on him during trade week....wouldnt be a bad idea for Simon to put out some feelers for him, but my club normaly telegraphs its plans to the world and are far from suttle for trade targets so its only a dream....

Looks like both Qld have rejected making a play for Treloar.

He wants to stay in Melbourne and St Kilda are believed to be sniffing around.

Poor optics by Collingwood.

The silence has been deafening from the club.

ANY chance Adam Treloar had of finding a new home with one of Queensland’s AFL clubs looks to be in tatters with Gold Coast unwilling to provide the unwanted Magpie a lifeline.

News Corp can reveal the Suns won’t make a play for the 27-year-old in the upcoming trade period and with Brisbane also pulling out of the race it leaves Treloar on very unsteady ground.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

Looks like both Qld have rejected making a play for Treloar.

He wants to stay in Melbourne and St Kilda are believed to be sniffing around.

Poor optics by Collingwood.

The silence has been deafening from the club.

ANY chance Adam Treloar had of finding a new home with one of Queensland’s AFL clubs looks to be in tatters with Gold Coast unwilling to provide the unwanted Magpie a lifeline.

News Corp can reveal the Suns won’t make a play for the 27-year-old in the upcoming trade period and with Brisbane also pulling out of the race it leaves Treloar on very unsteady ground.

Ahhhh the latest gossip on Adam T is.....he suffers from anxiety and has a regular shrink, family in Melbourne so thats why he wanted to come home in the first place.......Pies dont recon he can survive without partner and daughter nearby, they would know him very well hence they dont want him at Vic Park....now i understrand when that statment came out that he is hard to coach, people like that are very much like slav's, block heads...cant penetrate the skull....its like hitting a 20mm steel plate at 100ks an hour and you like sploooooohsed all over it....

The talk around town is Hogan is off to GWS.....His lawyer was right....which makes that he rejected going back to the G.....Dont balme him though id rate Cameron and Goodwin in the same sup category lucky men who inhereted the seat....

• Like 1