Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

https://www.zerohanger.com/kangaroos-draw-up-10-man-hit-list-in-senior-coaching-search-report-says-afl-2020-67659/

Well that's not to bad,30 applicants.

Not a bad thing to look for a coach with no competition from other clubs.

Wonder who Glen has in mind this time????

Hope it is performance based contract.

Hope Jed Anderson stays,solid player and a lefty to breaks things up.

Not much news for us on the trade front,Corr and Young from the Dogs.

Well the 30 inculded a bunch of country Vic hack coaches narrowed down to 10 including a couple of dead coaches too that they forgot to tell North....Kennedy and A Jeans among them.....ho and Ron B has put his hand up again...@ 85 knows a few things about the modern game...notice he studies Goodwin @ all home games....i can imagin what hes thinking.....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yep, but the they tried to trade him last year before his partner had a netball contract.

Plus, if they were worried about his mental health, why give him a 5 year deal last year?

I reckon they realize they've overpaid him and the salary cap is getting too tight.

Hogan would be better off going to Sydney.

Leon Cameron is a spud.

I have some experiance with people with mental health, it can be hidden very easy, they can look very normal untill poo hits the fan then it begins to unravel, then there all differant too so hide it very well and just churn inside like my ex others could be raving lunatics when hit with stress and then theres everything in-between.....all i can say Adam was dam lucky to get the contract id be doing a Garth Bale sitting in the stands with a rolled up news paper watching the games.....Golf Netball Collingwood....Garth afer 2 years was loaned back to Spurs....with Real topping up his megabucks salary....

• Like 1

Well the cat is out of the bag, aparently Ross the boss is front runner for the North job, ho dear....what are we going to do when were 10th 3/4 of the way through the season and the poison arrow hits Goodwin?

@ midnight looking around youtue i came across an aussie football chanel run by a couple of surburban outlaws and looks like Blues supporters, might be Radars ulter ego in operation here....anyway they and i havent heard this but were talking about a super 4 way trade deal....they stated that the Oliver story was getting bigger...ummm.....there story was Fanatsia to the Power Wines to Dee's Oliver to the Blues and Kennedy who ever he is somewhere else....guess the Bombers....

Now the Wines move isnt fanatsy, Viney and Wines are best mates it was heavily thought at the time that Melbourne would take Viney with father and son and draft Wines which they didnt and i recollect it suprised me as it was a no brainer at the time as both were like cream on top of your apple pie..... Well im kinda over Oliver anyway like hes a top player but class???? ummmm....you would think he still could clean up his game and he was then went back to the wreaking ball style which is fine when your the Tigers but in a sup zero team like mine we need some finesse....

What do i think about Oliver moving on? Think unless you got a like for a like and in this case Wines no way jose....its time that Goodwin started being a coach and taught Oliver the finer pints of being a top class midfielder, and being close to our best player with the most room to inporve leave the cheque book open and he can fill it in....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well the cat is out of the bag, aparently Ross the boss is front runner for the North job, ho dear....what are we going to do when were 10th 3/4 of the way through the season and the poison arrow hits Goodwin?

@ midnight looking around youtue i came across an aussie football chanel run by a couple of surburban outlaws and looks like Blues supporters, might be Radars ulter ego in operation here....anyway they and i havent heard this but were talking about a super 4 way trade deal....they stated that the Oliver story was getting bigger...ummm.....there story was Fanatsia to the Power Wines to Dee's Oliver to the Blues and Kennedy who ever he is somewhere else....guess the Bombers....

Now the Wines move isnt fanatsy, Viney and Wines are best mates it was heavily thought at the time that Melbourne would take Viney with father and son and draft Wines which they didnt and i recollect it suprised me as it was a no brainer at the time as both were like cream on top of your apple pie..... Well im kinda over Oliver anyway like hes a top player but class???? ummmm....you would think he still could clean up his game and he was then went back to the wreaking ball style which is fine when your the Tigers but in a sup zero team like mine we need some finesse....

What do i think about Oliver moving on? Think unless you got a like for a like and in this case Wines no way jose....its time that Goodwin started being a coach and taught Oliver the finer pints of being a top class midfielder, and being close to our best player with the most room to inporve leave the cheque book open and he can fill it in....

The new Fitzroy at Arden street?

Roos,Lyon,Blakey,if we could poach Pert off you Alex as CEO it would be a good quartet.

Still not fond of Lyon's style but that may change sitting out to assess the game for 12 months.

Wonder if Lyon would bring his business parter Silvarni or could we see Rendall(another Fitzroy player) in there somewhere.

Exciting times down at Arden street,well till the season starts at least.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Roos,Lyon,Blakey,if we could poach Pert off you Alex as CEO it would be a good quartet.

Still not fond of Lyon's style but that may change sitting out to assess the game for 12 months.

Wonder if Lyon would bring his business parter Silvarni or could we see Rendall(another Fitzroy player) in there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure Pert was responsible for extending Goodwin's contract.

Ask Alex how that's going:biggrin:

At least Lyon will make sure you're defensively sound first.

He completely turned the Fremantle foot club around.

I really rate Lyon.

I think GWS have missed a trick by not getting him there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Roos and Ross build (something Goodwin forgot about then recalled) from defense both are defense minded....and the Lion avalanche ? Well your North Tassie bound there fella there experianced in relocate an entire football club to a new state.....

Pert or Goodwin WILL? i dont rate either, they should have moved heaven and earth to bring Neil Balme back as CEO....like he has roots there....

• Like 2

Surely Collingwood have to come out and make a statement now.

"Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group" - Sam Edmund
  • Confused 1

To the hills men.........Bennie Brown nominates The Demons...poor guy, Hulk Hogan nominates GWS......lucky club, and Ross "the boss" Lyon kindly knocks back the job offer at North.....as players steer clear so do decent coaches....relife for me as now The Dee's WILL have Ross to call on when Simon goes hari kari and kamikaze next season....

Ross wasnt to keen on coaching in the apple isle you know....if you think its cold in Melbourne during winter well just wait to you go to Hobart....i recall walking past one of the Hobart grounds a few drop kicks up the hill from the city centre we started out at 3.30pm in the afternoon one friday  talking a leisurely stroll it was a sunny winters day even i fully clothes by the time we made it to the city 30 min later i had to go buy a jacket so frigging cold it had become in 45 min....like my head could feel the sharp pain of percing cold....

Now the question going around the AFL traps is....is Voss stupid or what? becasue hes become front runner now Ross has kindly declined...Harevy the ex Saint wondermid is in the mix as well....and someone else i forget who so you know a nobody Fj......You might wanna put in for the job Fj it pays a few hundred thousand you know......and the club will tell you we wanna play like the Tigers but you can bring your own interpretations into it...

GWS WILL make the Cats trade as 10th pick in the draft is bullocks especialy when big Joe is worth a 7th....like to know how they worked that out....

Crows are likely to make The Saints trade as well except the Saints are playing a close poker hand and threaterning to pull out but never worry there men The Dee's are likley to jump in for one of these exciting mids that are looking for a new home...except we dont have any first round picks in the kitty anymore......they used them up....and cant trade away next years i think but dont qoute me on that...

Big Tom MacDonald has some intrest and im feeling he WILL head on over to Vic park, the Pies looking to move on a few Stephenson was mentioned this morning that maybe on borrowed time with contract up as well, Adam T well we cant afford him unless they just want to swap, Phillips and De Goey of course....pherhaps one of them boys will swing it over to the G a far better place to be playing once Simon is gone....

What would i like to see about Tom? id like Tom to shut his mouth up knuckle down ass up and just get on with it and make Simon eat his words, even with Benny "and the jets" Brown in the side theres room for Tom, there dreaming that Jet 'egg"Jackson WILL be better than Tom Macdonald at his best gees its only year two of his career Jet can play sure but still not quite there yet......making him cool his heels on theinterchange bench should drive the kid.....

• Like 2

Here we are day 2.......today is the day no doubt Bennie becomes a Demon, pick 25 i think has been tossed around but some speculation in the paper this moring as if North WILL think its enough....im sure Simon and Josh would be happy to send a few Players North's way we have a few Tysons in the team Fj, like one on the nose Oscar....a solid defender not a great stats collector but in the mould of Frawley....he is solid.....Dee's have said no chance of giving up there first round pick becasue North already have it.....so its next years and no they think next years draft is a good one.....

Overnight Biden gains ground and according to CNN feel confident can now win, the look of relife on there faces was a pleasure to see this morning, as do all election shows they have team players from each party on the panel...i do pity the Republican....hes been good....like he even nicley debunked some of Trumps assertions but still toeing party and Trump lines....poor guy thats all i can say as hes in a no win spot....Anyway the circus should begin tomorrow AU time....maybe even sooner, when Trump rejects the outcome and forces it all to the courts, now before you say he is a dill you need to remember two things, hes a busienss man and they spend a lot of time in court dragging it out forever and the other is one of the Bush's also went to court over an election result and won..... So do the Republican elected members desert the sinking ship or do they back Trump? this is civil war stuff.....and of course where WILL Biden set up government? as im dam sure Donald and Melanie wont move out of the White House while there fighting in court.....this reminds me of some of them good english comedy shows of the 70's and 80's you know that were on the ABC......so ridiculous its god dam funny.....

No doubt when Simon gets the chop Josh Mahoney WILL be going along for the ride....ive now decided i dont lik e our football manager, got a smirk on its face along the lines of a Pablo Escobar minus the cunning and brain power....in charge of recruiting and Simons yes boy once said on air that hes never seen someone works so hard as Goodwin......with these two running the football department its no wonder were been going back wards the last 2 years, when you look at the promise ahead in Roos last year to now.....ummm.....2 years of growth under Goodwin then 2 years on the slide, i can now say after 4 years of Goodwin no player has inproved in fact every single one of them has gone backwards......they were better in Simons first year....

Last night.....a friend called......just goes to show Australia is one of the US state's....... like i just cant get over Trumps ballsiness other wise i have no liking for anything over there........i do recall when they first went into Iraq and the euphoria around here anyway my friend is a Chinese Malay ex doctors daughter and when i first spied my eyes on her across the room at a Latin club i was like a rocket to her side..... gazing into her wonderful eyes i seen her as an upgrade to my then departing Chinese Malay GF, she was a honey thats for sure, you know when we chat on the phone these days she still has that ability to melt me....anyway she didnt tell me she was married untill about 3 ys later when her marrige was crumbling due to her hubby working overseas and shacking up with his secretary then "i got it" always super polite and cute and a honey without destroying my ego.....anyway once the dust settled i did ramp it up but she had already had me firmly palnted in the friend zone so no matter how much i flirted with her it was to no avail.....well moving on now what? 15 years something like that kinda glad she kept me in the friend zone.....though im sure i would have adjusted, i certainly would have made an effort for her....well....shes a god dam greenie these days or it comes out strongly as i hadnt noticed it during the flirting days, i dont like greenies, and she hates Trump, that was what the call was about, now she wouldnt really know about my politics but she needed to unload last night starting with Cubans....she got into me over the Cuban vote in Florida.....can you belive? Well she obviously relates me and Cubans due to me prefering Cuban salsa and the fact i visted there....its a bit of a comedy, anyway to get out of trouble with her i had to remind her that Trump uped the embargo on Cuba for political reasons about 2 ys ago as its well known Florida is a key state.....where Expat refugee Cubans live...they WILL vote for who ever puts the most pressure on Havana....She feels better this morning she said in a text....had to step out for an expresso over her normal instant coffee the stress had been so great....for her...id hate to think how she would react if Trump was in front and destined to win....

Lets chant......make the Cats bleed over the Cameron affair, over and over, setting the bench mark last season now need to pay the price.....

The Pie's? gees whats happend there? the PR coming out of there is typical Trump stuff....even the hapless Dee's dont get tangled up like that.....

Essendon should be warri ask to much and they WILL be taken advatnage of one day....like a few times during Sheedys time they cook  trades being able to land a couple of high end players by pricing other clubs out  of it....Karma is alive and well....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Here we are day 2.......today is the day no doubt Bennie becomes a Demon, pick 25 i think has been tossed around but some speculation in the paper this moring as if North WILL think its enough....im sure Simon and Josh would be happy to send a few Players North's way we have a few Tysons in the team Fj, like one on the nose Oscar....a solid defender not a great stats collector but in the mould of Frawley....he is solid.....Dee's have said no chance of giving up there first round pick becasue North already have it.....so its next years and no they think next years draft is a good one.....

Overnight Biden gains ground and according to CNN feel confident can now win, the look of relife on there faces was a pleasure to see this morning, as do all election shows they have team players from each party on the panel...i do pity the Republican....hes been good....like he even nicley debunked some of Trumps assertions but still toeing party and Trump lines....poor guy thats all i can say as hes in a no win spot....Anyway the circus should begin tomorrow AU time....maybe even sooner, when Trump rejects the outcome and forces it all to the courts, now before you say he is a dill you need to remember two things, hes a busienss man and they spend a lot of time in court dragging it out forever and the other is one of the Bush's also went to court over an election result and won..... So do the Republican elected members desert the sinking ship or do they back Trump? this is civil war stuff.....and of course where WILL Biden set up government? as im dam sure Donald and Melanie wont move out of the White House while there fighting in court.....this reminds me of some of them good english comedy shows of the 70's and 80's you know that were on the ABC......so ridiculous its god dam funny.....

No doubt when Simon gets the chop Josh Mahoney WILL be going along for the ride....ive now decided i dont lik e our football manager, got a smirk on its face along the lines of a Pablo Escobar minus the cunning and brain power....in charge of recruiting and Simons yes boy once said on air that hes never seen someone works so hard as Goodwin......with these two running the football department its no wonder were been going back wards the last 2 years, when you look at the promise ahead in Roos last year to now.....ummm.....2 years of growth under Goodwin then 2 years on the slide, i can now say after 4 years of Goodwin no player has inproved in fact every single one of them has gone backwards......they were better in Simons first year....

Last night.....a friend called......just goes to show Australia is one of the US state's....... like i just cant get over Trumps ballsiness other wise i have no liking for anything over there........i do recall when they first went into Iraq and the euphoria around here anyway my friend is a Chinese Malay ex doctors daughter and when i first spied my eyes on her across the room at a Latin club i was like a rocket to her side..... gazing into her wonderful eyes i seen her as an upgrade to my then departing Chinese Malay GF, she was a honey thats for sure, you know when we chat on the phone these days she still has that ability to melt me....anyway she didnt tell me she was married untill about 3 ys later when her marrige was crumbling due to her hubby working overseas and shacking up with his secretary then "i got it" always super polite and cute and a honey without destroying my ego.....anyway once the dust settled i did ramp it up but she had already had me firmly palnted in the friend zone so no matter how much i flirted with her it was to no avail.....well moving on now what? 15 years something like that kinda glad she kept me in the friend zone.....though im sure i would have adjusted, i certainly would have made an effort for her....well....shes a god dam greenie these days or it comes out strongly as i hadnt noticed it during the flirting days, i dont like greenies, and she hates Trump, that was what the call was about, now she wouldnt really know about my politics but she needed to unload last night starting with Cubans....she got into me over the Cuban vote in Florida.....can you belive? Well she obviously relates me and Cubans due to me prefering Cuban salsa and the fact i visted there....its a bit of a comedy, anyway to get out of trouble with her i had to remind her that Trump uped the embargo on Cuba for political reasons about 2 ys ago as its well known Florida is a key state.....where Expat refugee Cubans live...they WILL vote for who ever puts the most pressure on Havana....She feels better this morning she said in a text....had to step out for an expresso over her normal instant coffee the stress had been so great....for her...id hate to think how she would react if Trump was in front and destined to win....

Lets chant......make the Cats bleed over the Cameron affair, over and over, setting the bench mark last season now need to pay the price.....

The Pie's? gees whats happend there? the PR coming out of there is typical Trump stuff....even the hapless Dee's dont get tangled up like that.....

Essendon should be warri ask to much and they WILL be taken advatnage of one day....like a few times during Sheedys time they cook  trades being able to land a couple of high end players by pricing other clubs out  of it....Karma is alive and well....

You're working beautifully Uncle Alex.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

You're working beautifully Uncle Alex.

Update...North are plonking themselves in the Cameron race if the pussys walk away....hahahaha, so much comedy that last few days its killing me here on a cold wet spring day stuck inside.....

Like they burn out there coach less than a year into the job struggling to even get a half decent coach intrested in joining them and they got the balls to think the best forward going around would entertain a spot on there list.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Where is the Photo Alex?

• Like 1

$9.50 for a burger from Hungry Jacks yesterday......can you belive?......(Burger King for them of you who been away from home to long.....) now you get the option for 2 meat patties so we obvioulsy more hungry than we were in the 1980's.....Well mine was single patty and termed "Angus" like this breed just poped out of the blue the last few yers right? and is the best gentic modified beef going around right? well something like that.....

Moving out to these outer areas they struggle with the good old burger and a decent pizza you know, no problems getting a decent feed living in the well these days its called inner city that 10 to 16 k radius, like the food is fine put the traffic is OMG....Lived outer west for about 4 ys before moving to outer north no affiliation with the North Melbourne Football Club by the way, been here like 3 ys now....always an inner city boy, but i do like the slower life out here, well trying to find a fish and chip shop that serves decent grubb was pretty hard like you test every shop around, previous i did find an pretty good one after a number of misses and it took like 2 ys to find when in the west...but here in the North....well i dont get my flake and chips much anymore and my go to burger of choice since i was a lad has been a cheese and tomato job, dont mind onion on it as some add as standard and some its an extra...well i try not to go to Maccas and HJ, HJ is the choice normaly but Maccas have inproved since this magical cow known as the Angus turned up....like there original had carboard leanings and avoided for 30 years....

Tried HJ's meatles job before setting sail to Thailand late last year it looks like meat, tastes close to meat but its not meat.....was ok as i do feel spirtual sometimes and go vegetarian....Anyway i needed to ask the sprits about take away here and in a flash they suggested i order a burger with the lot no egg.....bingo....on the money.....at around $7.50 a better deal you would think, maybe, ive settled for the one Chinese run fish and chips shop these days, nice guy in there very good memory too  and the mrs well she knows me by name....and my order but i do try and snooker her from time to time by changing it a little....i do take away around once a week men....i cook the rest of the time...

The worst burger i ever had was on Palawan in the Phillipines....place looked like an American Diner we had one in Chapel street once so i was confident....they droped half a ton of this pink sauce on it......needless to say by the time i scraped it off and threw away what was infected by it there wasnt much of a burger left....Flips like Thais have percular taste buds...

Well this is what you get waitng for the trade day to start.....

• Like 2

I'm only fortunate enough to get BK at the airport in Bangers.

I just can't go passed the original whopper and onion rings.

Used to love a strawberry thickshake but not available here.

We have Pizza company and KFC in town but my preference is still to get a whole cooked chook from tesco then fresh bread roll from Makro.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Woah, that's untidy.

Having said that, I do miss having a whopper with cheese from from HJ's or Burger King as it's known here.

That's one thing we don't have in CR, HJ's.

Macca's dont do it for me apart from a McMuffin for brekkie.

It's no wonder we're getting fatter as a society.

When I'm watching Fox and you get the fast food ads, it's always double this, triple that

and when you go in it's upgrade to this.

Uncle, can you send me a whopper with cheese over, throw in one for Scea and Rip as well?

Thanks mate.

Yep my wallet got a shock....you dont get them over there but i love the Hungry Jacks brekkie wrap.......like again only a few times a year as i dont eat brekkie normaly....but sometimes i get the munchies in the morning....

And may have been last vist the local Macdonalds they strangley didnt have a brekkie menu out one morning i poped in,  sometimes i miss or eat small for dinner thanks tummy so i might be hungry in the morning...anyway there are some farang around so you would think the egg and muffin would be some what popular....maybe not.....i was so worried while eating it that it may had been in deep frezze for like 2 years....and i clearly asked for bacon.....and didnt get it.....best pizza right around the corner there...even better than i can buy here....

Processed food is a worry....an industry desigend to make you spend money and make you sick....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

I'm only fortunate enough to get BK at the airport in Bangers.

I just can't go passed the original whopper and onion rings.

Used to love a strawberry thickshake but not available here.

We have Pizza company and KFC in town but my preference is still to get a whole cooked chook from tesco then fresh bread roll from Makro.????

My burger of choice is the bacon deluxe.....or they now have the Angus with bacon......

Pizza Company is where i go to after 3 months in BKK hanging out for pretend pizza.....and ho my you eat Thia bread? Have found a few places that sell decent bread in BKK that hold back on the glucose.....

And i never eat a whole chicken....cant do getting my hands filthy or picking away at the god dam bones...

• Like 2