Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Well R Shaw must be a closet TV footy member who popped in read my post decided i was on the money and went off and took an extended break from the game just read it in the Age.....Glen Archer woooooops i mean the Age recon he may not be back...so there you are...... Glen has taken over the club by stealth and we know hes a dirty player...recall the the incident where his son was playing footy and he knocked someone on the nose? took forever to go through the courts and all with all the appeals but got off with out a conviction....this is so he could be a board member of a company you know.....

Meanwhile Books Swans has dropped the bombshell of there delistings, cant find it now.......but its around....

You got more troubles than you can think of Fj, by the way watching footy on 9 or something a youtube channel it was reported that North were on the verge of signing there life away for 7 games in Tassie.....maybe Glen no like.......maybe Glen will have them playing at the Box Hill Hawks ground and why you Fj become a model WA person and follow a local club like the Eagles or Dockers....lot less heartache you know.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Think you might be over reacting to Shaws tactical play there fella, at the end of the day a few heads get togther and work it out, like they have back line coaches forward line coaches and toilet coaches, normaly the club as a whole has a style in its head like the new boy on the block cant just come in and do what he likes without someone above him giving him the ok you know.....

Interesting,would of thought like any job you submit your resume and destiny is in your own hands until the results suggest otherwise.

If Shaw was headhunted,which i'm pretty sure he was it would give you full control and thus a shorter career span with his results to date.

Otherwise you end up with a Brendon Bolton holding a club and players back for years.

Was that a Paul Roos thing introducing forward and back coaches?

Sorry just saw your post Alex

7 games in Tassie and dumping Brown Grrr

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Interesting,would of thought like any job you submit your resume and destiny is in your own hands until the results suggest otherwise.

If Shaw was headhunted,which i'm pretty sure he was it would give you full control and thus a shorter career span with his results to date.

Otherwise you end up with a Brendon Bolton holding a club and players back for years.

Was that a Paul Roos thing introducing forward and back coaches?

Sorry just saw your post Alex

7 games in Tassie and dumping Brown Grrr

You been out of the game along time old Fj line coaches as they call them have exsited for a long time...AFL copy everyone else you know....... what do you think all the assistant coaches do at the club? move the witches hats around and keep stats?

Just tune into a gridiron game if you wanna know what goes on....they got assistants in the stands on the telly and on the ground all radio controlled,  depending whos calling often the guy in the stand, calling offensive plays when the defense comes on the defense  cordintor takesover and the head coach is listening in and may over ride a call now and then....

What most clubs here had like 8 assitants? dont you watch the half time breaks when the players are in there groups? the assistant isnt there to hand out an orange you know......

And when you apply for a coaches job by the way Shaw was already in there system, they already know how they want to play, the brief might be something like this, we wanna play like the Tigers...so then there looking for a coach that leans towards a Tigers style of play....im sure it gets more indepth than that fella....

Archer has taken over, plain as the nose on your face, he is pushing his will.....and he's pushing Shaw out, jobs for the boys...mark my words....so ex team mates WILL be flooding back in, Archer was a defensive back so that already gives you an idea....work the ball out of the backline al la Tigers....and Pies....And get rid of anyone who can stand up to him, hence the mascare did you notice you have a new CEO etc etc....so olderplayers who crry some weight are torched....pure bloody takeover is how i see it.....

• Like 2

You been out of the game along time old Fj line coaches as they call them have exsited for a long time...AFL copy everyone else you know....... what do you think all the assistant coaches do at the club? move the witches hats around and keep stats?

Just tune into a gridiron game if you wanna know what goes on....they got assistants in the stands on the telly and on the ground all radio controlled,  depending whos calling often the guy in the stand, calling offensive plays when the defense comes on the defense  cordintor takesover and the head coach is listening in and may over ride a call now and then....

What most clubs here had like 8 assitants? dont you watch the half time breaks when the players are in there groups? the assistant isnt there to hand out an orange you know......

And when you apply for a coaches job by the way Shaw was already in there system, they already know how they want to play, the brief might be something like this, we wanna play like the Tigers...so then there looking for a coach that leans towards a Tigers style of play....im sure it gets more indepth than that fella....

Archer has taken over, plain as the nose on your face, he is pushing his will.....and he's pushing Shaw out, jobs for the boys...mark my words....so ex team mates WILL be flooding back in, Archer was a defensive back so that already gives you an idea....work the ball out of the backline al la Tigers....and Pies....And get rid of anyone who can stand up to him, hence the mascare did you notice you have a new CEO etc etc....so olderplayers who crry some weight are torched....pure bloody takeover is how i see it.....

Yes i see the assistants jobs to move the whitch's hats????

If you went to Norf training run this year i bet they couldn't even handle two balls in a Star of David handball exercise for more than a minute without dropping one.

No wonder 6 coaches have been moved on and maybe a 7th.

The last time the Roos tasted success most of the players came through their under 19's team.

Line coaches is a load of hogwash if there is no continuity,it's not as if the main coach doesn't have time to talk to the players.

And i'm sure the coaches boxes upstairs give you a full ground view.

All you need from the assistants is who are winning and losing in there position.

I like Archer but Rawlings is the one who will guide the future and hopefully let the coach coach.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Yes i see the assistants jobs to move the whitch's hats????

If you went to Norf training run this year i bet they couldn't even handle two balls in a Star of David handball exercise for more than a minute without dropping one.

No wonder 6 coaches have been moved on and maybe a 7th.

The last time the Roos tasted success most of the players came through their under 19's team.

Line coaches is a load of hogwash if there is no continuity,it's not as if the main coach doesn't have time to talk to the players.

And i'm sure the coaches boxes upstairs give you a full ground view.

All you need from the assistants is who are winning and losing in there position.

I like Archer but Rawlings is the one who will guide the future and hopefully let the coach coach.

Mate just tune into a few Gridion games....thats the future of AFL coaching wise, the head coach is just that, he just overseas the outline of the plan assistants are meant to inplemnt the style, even channel 7 adapted stats chat that later appeared with the clubs well to us the viewer though its more likely the other way around but it did not become meaniful untill C7 stuck it on your screen and this was a direct copy off gridiron, there stat happy over there, they have a stat for everything and i mean everything.

A good example is Buckley, try as he might he couldnt get the Pies going so there was a review and they found he needed help, throw in a few extra assitants and taught him how to DELEGATE tasks....and WILL's your uncle.

The days of it all being on one persons head has been gone more than 20 years in professional sport, you were just a scrubber backwaters coach for a suburban team who ran raffels and a canteen to pay for the bozzy weekends mate......

And yes i get you over the under 19s, our last hurrah was build off the under 19s also, thats why i was left dumfounded when they scrapped it all, we dont have a good youth system here unlike th eyouth leagues controlled by the parent clubs in soccer or a high octane semi pro college that a lot of Americans prefer to the NFL in the US, i keep going on about it Arrrrrrrrrr.... the people who run the AFL for the last 20 years havent got a clue, hell bent on making them selves inportnat with continued rule changes and league changes, so unstable there looking like a comedy club. Frigging leave it alone it develops itself.....

I dont recall Ron Barassi or Allen Jeans walking around with a note pad or a tablet no mate they just use to point fingers.....well Al was a quiter type more concidered when he spoke....

It was looking like a Tiger stampeed from early in the last, Port did settle in the latter part of the last to hold them and thats just about it, Tigers much more dangerous, unfortanlty even i would prefer the Lions to win today id prefer they loose if they make the GF Tigers WILL roll over the top of them....Rather see the Cats pounced on.....Tigers DONT loose to the same team twice in the same season.....And i always thought Hardwick would make a great coach.....to think them nukkle heads at the G over looked him for Needle....

Actualy they should change the terminology of coach to Head Coach as they do in the US Manager in soccer becasue there like CEO's of the coaching and playing staff....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well men were at the time off the year when the footy WILL soon be put to rest, and the latest exciting news out is there is a new set of Iphones....now expanded to a range of 4.....exciting hey?

Time to upgrade the old Nokia, really WILL you have no style....To help you make the shift there in retro form just bigger, yep the ever so popular 4 look is back and it was ever so nice as i had one.....but you know i do like the current style anyway when i was in Thailand over xmas i bought a dozen XR cases becasue im not upgrading even its my upgrade year, clear, smoke clear, light green, purple for the last TGF, white, red, blue and i forget the rest, anway 100 to 200B when there like $30 here min...

I guess i WILL upgrade when we can travel again as i WILL want the best camera i can get and at the moment its the iPhone Pro Max but the new Sony high end is right there with it.....i dont mind the look of the Sony slimmer but long easier to hold in your hand.....and 4K and of course ive always liked the look of the Samsung Note....i maybe swayed in going andorid next as Apple are hell bent on pushing you to blue tooth your sound etc and this is where i draw a line in the sand....

Watched a vid on the Sony last night after the game.....the camera was impressive, like having an SLR, and Sony make the best SLR's....so food for thought and probley 400$ cheaper too....

Us poor Vics WILL find out tomorrow about restrctions....friggs there saying 20ks now....my sister is 22ks away....frigg em....Andrews will go back in my bad book if he dont lift it to at least 40ks, the idiot doesnt realize Melbourne is one of the biggest citys by square mile in the world as we dont live on top of each other, 20ks is nothing.....ive been in Mexico city and it took 60 min from down town to hit the outskirts so come on Dan let us go free.....

Think your going to find a lot of Vics have got a bad habit now of going to the local supermarket 3 times a week....friggs i got into that habit in BKK when i lived there and never been able to shake it, i use to be so good.....plan everything and do the one shop....no matter how hard and dilegent i am i just cant do it anymore...so why? Of course the virus hasnt helped....to make it easier for me to accpet i told myself yesterday i will get fresher meat and vegies shopping more often....well its a ploy for the brain.....i dont know....i might have to find a live in, some sheila to shop and clean, and nokkies, but there expensive to keep no? i did the sums on travel to thailand for nokkies and staying for 2 or 3 months, well i dont go for the nokkie its a by product of dating, compared it to going to a knock shop here and it worked out cheaper to do the knock shop....at 1 hr every 2 weeks works out cheaper then spending 3 months in thailand.....and the choice is infinate the quality is high...assuming you know where to go.....and i do, but havent been for like 3 ys, it does get addictive you know, there gorgeous.....this is a place that caters for the asian fettishes of men you see....the service puts jetstar to shame....and every other airline as well...not to mention David Jones and Myers....last time i went it was my birthday a treat you see....3 ys ago, and wow the babes that came out to meet me.....i was so taken by one who vanished and turned up as i was about to leave an hour later i grabbed her, she was inpressed that i could go again....well any red blooded virial man could lift a car with his penis if he seen her.....yum yum...

My first crimson perfumed rose blumed this past few days in my garden...its now sitting in a vase on my table the problem of allergy affected people like me our sense of smell is pretty poor, i do have a femine side you know....though im better known for being sacrcastic and grumpy...the sarcazim has never left me but im nowhere near as grumpy as i use to be...... i just cant do stupid and i make sure they know it, i kinda loose it at work when i got to fix up some stupid mistake someone made....i just cant fathom how stuid people can be.....mind you i dont hold back at myself if i do a stupid thing....i tell my self dont you worry about that.....

Stirr crazy is how i feel....the walls are now spinning around me.....friggs i got to get up and do some work....turn that dishwasher on....you got any idea how hard that is? doing nothing days on end...im up to 2 or 3 am these days up at 9.30/10 am.....last staurday night i went to bed at 5 am..... i bolted a bracket i had lying around the joint that had a loop welded to it to the floor of the garage yesterday the first thing ive done outside expect spray the weeds in like 10 weeks....the bracket is so i can lock my pushy to it its an expensive EBike and the other day on one of my regular supermarket trips i thought id forgot to close the roller door.....im in auto mode so yes i did push of a button but i was having nightmares while out and couldnt get home fast enough so now the pushy is pad locked to the bracket.....

• Like 1

Dominate win by Cats tonight.

A monkey off the back with a player like Rohan.

Sy of relief when Selwood won the toss as his record was not good at losing it. 

The week off didn't do the top 2 sides any favours this week.

When Stanley dug that knee into McInerney in ruck it showed to me it was a team ready to win a GF.   

• Like 2

Well another saturday night in lockdown.....the game was in a little box to the bottom left on the big imac screen.....while i was ripping mp3s from youtbe thanks guy for the free music now in not a pirate.... well a guy who shall remain namless sent his spewes to me online over the game but it never looked to much in dout to me....just like that other west Aussie lost in the Phils who also shall remain nameless it was all over red rover pretty early in my mind...hope the Tigs stich them up next week other wise the closet cats living in Melbourne WILL be out in force....ho thats good music.....listening to the stuff i ripped tonight....picked up 2 of his cds in Havana while there, really alternative fusion stuff....great beat and unlikley to age... not to much around of this guy by the way....if you like it on the edge check out Francis Del Rio, a cool dude if you ever came across one pushing at least 50 now....

Well in the little big paper online tonight over my dinner did come more news on Shaw...pop and uncle did talk and the news is its not personal the taking a break.....well reading bettween the lines....so its got to be  pressure from within ....like i said before Shaw should walk and expose the cow poo thats going on at North, though we all know it wont do any good as there all falling over them selves to get a job in coaching an AFL team....dout he WILL be back so Fj should be happy.....but whos going to be a dill to take on the job?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well in the little big paper online tonight over my dinner did come more news on Shaw...pop and uncle did talk and the news is its not personal the taking a break.....well reading bettween the lines....so its got to be  pressure from within ....like i said before Shaw should walk and expose the cow poo thats going on at North, though we all know it wont do any good as there all falling over them selves to get a job in coaching an AFL team....dout he WILL be back so Fj should be happy.....but whos going to be a dill to take on the job?

Your right Alex.

Will be no shortage of candidates as it's an industry within an industry now.

Hopefully something is announced about the top Dill soon.

Been plenty of coaches step into basket case situations with Ken Hinkley and Chris Fagan coming straight to mind.

Seems Voss has be mentioned in the media and we could do worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm not sure if I reckon Rohan's turned the corner after last night.

He cashed in during the last quarter when all of the heat was gone.

Let's see how he goes in the GF.

Your probably right Will and a good performance next week is required.

I just thought his speed on the game early in the forward line helped razzel the Lions defence.Then cashed in with the late goals.

Wasn't a good look for Brissie with Lyons and Berry having a tiff,not sure what it was about but thought Berry had an instant impact when he went into the middle,just got caught with no game sense on the outside a few times.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Your probably right Will and a good performance next week is required.

I just thought his speed on the game early in the forward line helped razzel the Lions defence.Then cashed in with the late goals.

Wasn't a good look for Brissie with Lyons and Berry having a tiff,not sure what it was about but thought Berry had an instant impact when he went into the middle,just got caught with no game sense on the outside a few times.

Yeah, that one where he took a chest mark and had Parfitt running at him and he decided to play on was a shocker.

Assuming the fixtures get back to normal next year, Brisbane will have a tough draw again.

I can't see them making top 4 next year TBH.

Was watching The First Crack last night and couldn't believe David King said Brisbane didn't get enough from their stars

(which was true) but then said Lachie Neale didn't have a big impact. I thought he was BOG.

• Like 1

Must hurt the non vics with 2 Vic teams facing off at the gabba this year, well home ground advantage didnt help the Lions hey....well i assume Lions were playing at the gabba no? were not counting the patch of Vic grass on the padock by the way.....any way it should be a decent game next week and im so glad its almost over, pretty much over this year......this morning our 5k limit has been extended to 25 and some sort of normality returns on th 1st of Nov....

As for North well they wont go looking they have there man already in the system it was muted once he joined the assitants box Blakey was the next man up, jobs for the boys under Heil Archer...snap to attention men....well me...if all this dirty underhanded stuff is really going on hope North finnish up in the North Hobart footy league....totaly forgotten yes i do....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trade roumor mill is cranking up, I was winding poor Rip and Books up over MaCartin but its true, hehehe strong chance to land in the harbour city, Ben Brown would have deserted the sinking ship that is North if he wasnt already on the nose......Seems Dee's front runners at this point in time and im so happy to read hiferanted guy is being put up as trade bait, Zach Merret and Cale Hooker just what we need an over the hill defender are both linked to the Dee's its the Goodwin connection here men...Merret yes Hooker no.....more chance for Hooker to go but Merret's manger has not hosed down speculation, Cameron now on Pie radar with speculation Stephenson and Treloar rapidly entering the out door, and....yes and....Hogan quickly entering the slipstream of a jet leaving Perth, dont know why my mob dont want him back..

Hawks and Eagles WILL be forced to draft with there first round pics, after selling there souls especialy Hawks for a bunch of hacks and Eagles for Kelly when  everything went east including the kitchen sink out of the Eagles canteen..........there not allowed to trade this years away.....is taboo.......sweetest tabooooooo......

Clayton Oliver is another one shooting around but we can rest easy becasue that dick Garky Lyon recons, claims his sources say "categorically" false.....well straight out of the donkeys mouth....

Dee's Blues and Bombers keen to muddy the pond in this years trade period while the better clubs will swap the real good stuff.....

Dee's to join North in the North Hobart football League.......

• Like 1

Looks like Cameron is going to Geelong via FA.

Just like Lynch went to Richmond last year.

Just makes the strong teams even stronger IMO.

Not what it was introduced for I reckon.

You could make a case for saying you can't go to the top 4 clubs

using FA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Looks like Cameron is going to Geelong via FA.

Just like Lynch went to Richmond last year.

Just makes the strong teams even stronger IMO.

Not what it was introduced for I reckon.

You could make a case for saying you can't go to the top 4 clubs

using FA.

You are advocating Communism sir......yes read it as the dishwashing was going down the sink.....

Well if you want to attract the best you need to be good....simple really, look they know how to hang on to the ones that matter in the NFL and Soccer but then again there far more ruthless with everday rank file ordinary player too....intresting when you listen or read about the NFL not only do they talk in the millions of $ they also give you a reason why the club is cutting the guy and how much there saving.....

FA apart for Lynch hasnt worked that well just look at the Hawks....

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I wonder if the AFL will give us one of those priorty picks at the start ????

I wouldn't mind Hooker at North for two years.

You need to finnish bottom for 2 ys and be crying poor.....also helps if the AFL are injecting funds to keep you alive.....also you wanna be hopping not that it matters as your hardly going to go to a game that Tassie get there club up and running as your headed for the Hobart oval....and its a nice one right in the middle of a 1920''s 30's era area up on the hill just a stroll from downtown Hobart, WILL be a home away from home has some resemblance to Arden st ground....it WILL feel like you never left.....

• Like 1

You are advocating Communism sir......yes read it as the dishwashing was going down the sink.....

Well if you want to attract the best you need to be good....simple really, look they know how to hang on to the ones that matter in the NFL and Soccer but then again there far more ruthless with everday rank file ordinary player too....intresting when you listen or read about the NFL not only do they talk in the millions of $ they also give you a reason why the club is cutting the guy and how much there saving.....

FA apart for Lynch hasnt worked that well just look at the Hawks....

Buddy worked out well and

Frawley went ok at the Hawks.

Still reckon it's not designed to make the stronger teams better.

• Like 2

In regards to Jesse Hogan and @freodockers, I’m told the club are not actively shopping him around for trade. Hogan, his management and Freo will sit down in 2 wks to discuss his future. All on same page. On the flip side, the @sydneyswans have enquired about trading for Hogan.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Will27 said:

Buddy worked out well and

Frawley went ok at the Hawks.

Still reckon it's not designed to make the stronger teams better.

Im with you i dont like FA, i think clubs should have to trade for players like they did in the old days, Bud worked for a differant reason....markerting, they were top heavy with the Bud and Tips and NEVER WON a flag by the way....not to mention a swillion out of pocket....

Hahaha Frawley you can take it from me was glad to see the back of...over rated lump of wood...his fantasy scores never lifted him higher than a interchange hack.....would have been a list clogger at the Dee's they carried him at the Hawks....becasue they had better players around him...just an old fashioned spoiler...

Hope Demons doing due diligence in dumping Bennie Brown and bring back the Incedible Hulk Hogan....

Bombers demanding a top 10 pick for  big Joe or they WILL match any offer, GWS are indicating they WILL match the Cats offer for Cameron and force a trade deal.....they think hes worth 2 first round picks in the bush, Cats have 3 low picks aparently so bleed the bastards dry......Go Gaints and Bombers....push push push hard.....

One for Fj, assuming Heil Archer dont give jobs to the boys Timmy Watson recons .....are you ready Fj?...... Mathew Knights is your man.....i feel out of my treehouse when i read that....well it could be worse they could dreg up Mark Neddle.....ahhh you say, well Mark was a victim dont you worry about that...assitant at the Cats since 2015 Matty is ready to go again....Well Woooooshier is avalible you know.....prefer he over 20 assistants out there....

Adam Treloar WILL not go away....the talk is hes going to be shopped around.....might be hard for the Pies to offload the guy with a back ended contract unless there happy to top up...Team mate Brody is looking like hes headed for the put door as well....

Fantasia wants to go to the Power....And Clayton Oliver is getting mentioned again, reading Gardy Lyon's intellectual reply the donkey has spoken......take it from me its not hosed down....and the club seeking is Carlton....Trade week maybe the best ever...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Im with you i dont like FA, i think clubs should have to trade for players like they did in the old days, Bud worked for a differant reason....markerting, they were top heavy with the Bud and Tips and NEVER WON a flag by the way....not to mention a swillion out of pocket....

Hahaha Frawley you can take it from me was glad to see the back of...over rated lump of wood...his fantasy scores never lifted him higher than a interchange hack.....would have been a list clogger at the Dee's they carried him at the Hawks....becasue they had better players around him...just an old fashioned spoiler...

Hope Demons doing due diligence in dumping Bennie Brown and bring back the Incedible Hulk Hogan....

Bombers demanding a top 10 pick for  big Joe or they WILL match any offer, GWS are indicating they WILL match the Cats offer for Cameron and force a trade deal.....they think hes worth 2 first round picks in the bush, Cats have 3 low picks aparently so bleed the bastards dry......Go Gaints and Bombers....push push push hard.....

One for Fj, assuming Heil Archer dont give jobs to the boys Timmy Watson recons .....are you ready Fj?...... Mathew Knights is your man.....i feel out of my treehouse when i read that....well it could be worse they could dreg up Mark Neddle.....ahhh you say, well Mark was a victim dont you worry about that...assitant at the Cats since 2015 Matty is ready to go again....Well Woooooshier is avalible you know.....prefer he over 20 assistants out there....

Adam Treloar WILL not go away....the talk is hes going to be shopped around.....might be hard for the Pies to offload the guy with a back ended contract unless there happy to top up...Team mate Brody is looking like hes headed for the put door as well....

Fantasia wants to go to the Power....And Clayton Oliver is getting mentioned again, reading Gardy Lyon's intellectual reply the donkey has spoken......take it from me its not hosed down....and the club seeking is Carlton....Trade week maybe the best ever...

Anyone will be better than Shaw,i heard J Brown the other night saying a coaches contract is not worth the paper its written on.

6 months severance pay,welcome to the real world i say as seen it happen to many in the industry i worked in.

Knights,not sure but is in that long line of coached before list.

I also heard Leppitch is leaving the Tigers at end of year.

Could do a lot worse than Worsfold but think he is heading home.

My preferred option is still Brenton Sanderson,will have to give Glen a call????

On Frawley Alex your a hard man,Roos used him as your centre half forward to base the side around in his early days just to get a score on the board.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Anyone will be better than Shaw,i heard J Brown the other night saying a coaches contract is not worth the paper its written on.

6 months severance pay,welcome to the real world i say as seen it happen to many in the industry i worked in.

Knights,not sure but is in that long line of coached before list.

I also heard Leppitch is leaving the Tigers at end of year.

Could do a lot worse than Worsfold but think he is heading home.

My preferred option is still Brenton Sanderson,will have to give Glen a call????

On Frawley Alex your a hard man,Roos used him as your centre half forward to base the side around in his early days just to get a score on the board.

Dont know B Sanderson, and Knights was a red fish Timmy threw in casue hes in the media to keep the pot boiling, on footy on 9 something like that a youtube footy shaw Ross "chooks friend" Lyon is a panel member and eyes were looking at him in one segment on returning to coaching....so someones been wording him up as he remaind coy about it, though i feel he wouldnt go back to a rebuild...so good chance hes Demon bound if Goodwin dont get off the line fast next season....well one would hope....dreaming, something like that....

As for Frawley well he showed something when he was learning the game, but not reached any real potential untill Paul Roos truned up and still hadn't  really done anything when hes contract ran out, Paul did want to keep him but if you search back here i wasnt as optimistic as Paul, Frawley had never been consistant at anything other than maybe one day he WILL do something grand, and history shows he never was your top defender his fantasy stats were shocking he would have average maybe 40 in his entire career at the Hawks, just a handy stopper on 600,000 a season... By the way Roos putting the spud froward was becaue we were totaly devoid of anything that looked like they could kick a goal, Hogan was still in the nursery at that stage, and since you mentioned Hogan Demons would be lame stupid for not entertaining the idea in bringing the guy back, we could now get him for a second round pick, and @ 25 and we know him, sure hes played up but the guy had some hard times and lets face it he was better off in Melbourne than back home with his drop dead stupid mates, im pretty sure he's "seen the light" his manager would have had a word to the boy and said his 8 to 900.000 is in jeopardy and is on the road to play for Subiaco reserves for a 3/4 orange so expect the guy to pick it up, i did watch he in a few late season Freo games and i liked what i saw....sure hes had a few injuries too....but no one is canning big Joe so leave Jesse alone, anyone who gets him next up should expect a rejuvinated machine.....and in my mind probley the best the froward going around up for trade maybe except for Cameron....

Dont know J brown and like i banged on here about coaches contracts only the Special one "Jose" knows how to make an air tight one, most are falling all over them selves to get a deal to coach in the AFL that they would sign anything so theres plenty of holes in em, head on that youtupe show Goodwin WILL be out the door even with a year left on his contract if Dee's dont make the finals ( or look like it) hence the Lyon speculation.....

And furthermore now that North are advocating a total rebuild that WILL take at least 4  years anyone who takes the coaching job would know there destined for a bullet, i cant think of any AFL club in rebuild mode where they stuck with that coach so that pot isnt so full mate.....and on job sercurity you wanna work in building....

Edited by AlexRRR
Go EAGLES.....
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

And furthermore now that North are advocating a total rebuild that WILL take at least 4  years anyone who takes the coaching job would know there destined for a bullet, i cant think of any AFL club in rebuild mode where they stuck with that coach so that pot isnt so full mate.....

I see they likend Norths culling to a similar model done by Fagan at the Lions.

I guess there's two ways to interperate a rebuild,one being at the draft and getting games under the belt or through trades.

Personally i like the trade way like St Kilda are doing but you have to be carefull either way as there's only a dozen good trades a year and we fell into the trap getting Josh Walker who will only ever be B grade at his best.

The draft has it's own consequences keeping players on the books hoping maybe one day they will shine and Bigger bodies do win finals.

North's first step will be to have a full squad to choose from,for far to many years weve kept guys on the list who just don't play.

I would seriously look at moving anyone on who gets a long term injury straight away.

Most got moved on this year but i see we still kept your Tyson????and weve got another Walker,Hayden,Garner and Turner who should have got the axe.

Will can confirm but i'm sure the Eagles went from 2nd last to the pointy end in one season a few years back.

So i'm looking at the glass half full,if we can get a decent coach.

• Like 2