Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Ball Tracking is an extrapolation of where the Kookaburra is going beyond its last known point (ie batsman's pads) and is not an exact science.   A small margin of error favouring the umpire's original call is appropriate and the ICC has set half the width of the ball to be such margin.

If an umpire's call was removed from the equation and ball tracking showed a micrometre of the stump being clipped, I reckon any batsman would be suitably pizzed off to be given out  . So where do you draw the line??  Umpires are damned if if they do, damned if they don't in this age of advanced forensic analysis.

I reckon another grey area is when the ball hits the pad on the full or half volley.   With a spinning ball, how can ball tracking technology determine which way it would have turned after it bounces?

The gentleman's game of cricket has always given the batsman the benefit of the doubt.   At the end of the day, as long as decisions are fair and consistent to both teams.

Only 58 days before the AFL 2021 season kicks off.      Ahhhhh, back on topic.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but don't agree with it.

You should not be able to have 2 different decisions for the same delivery depending on what the umpire had said.

If you take the umpires call out of it, it takes all ambiguity out of the decision, i.e. it's either hitting or it's not.

Don't see how a batsman could be <deleted> off if the replay showed the ball just clipping the stumps.

Patty Cummins you beauty!

• Like 1

My greatest cricketing achievement was having Clive Lloyd and three of his great side in my car when I drove taxis back in the 80s.

Like many cricketers they stayed at the hotels on North Terrace, Adelaide only a few hundred meters from Adelaide Oval but they always took a taxi to the game.

I remember Richie Benaud once gave me a generous tip out of his own wallet even though the fare was charged to his media employers at the time. A true gent.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

My greatest cricketing achievement was having Clive Lloyd and three of his great side in my car when I drove taxis back in the 80s.

Like many cricketers they stayed at the hotels on North Terrace, Adelaide only a few hundred meters from Adelaide Oval but they always took a taxi to the game.

I remember Richie Benaud once gave me a generous tip out of his own wallet even though the fare was charged to his media employers at the time. A true gent.

I have a few, though not really achievements.

As a twelve year old I managed to get into the net area as the WI were training at the WACA.

I was at the back chasing balls.

One was smashed really hard and a player stuck his boot out and it bounced up and hit me in the melon.

I went down like the proverbial.

Wally Edwards happened to be there and took me into the change rooms and got me a Coke.

Playing school cricket, I was fielding at cover and went up for an audacious appeal.

Rob Langer was umpiring and he said "not only do you look like Kim Hughes, you appeal like him as well".

Unfortunately I didn't bat like him.

Hughesy was my nickname for a while.

Had a few one on one training sessions with Bruce Yardley at the back of his shop, he was a terrific bloke.

Having some after hours beers with Michael Holding at a function.

A sensational fella.

That's me done:smile:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I took Jeff Thompson and Carl Rackerman to a costume outfitters where they dressed as The Blues Brothers and were on the front page of the local rag the next day, prior to giving SA a bad time in a Shield match. 
Once had a good chat to the late David Hookes taking him to the airport for his departure to the UK for an Ashes series. I always felt he would have played a lot more Tests if he’d been from the Eastern states.

Never a dull moment cab driving, I was young and hansum then and used to get a few offers but was just married and still in love. 
Fool I was.....

I loved Hooksey.

Was never the same player after getting his jaw broken in WSC I think.

• Like 2

Notice the General as in Patton has been booked into a physic ward....i tell ya it was the hub life that tipped him over the edge....Cricket....gees a game i never got into mind you dint mind playing it on the street as a kid, i could bat....and if i had to bowel i was an underarmer mates were never impressed but as a batsman they struggled to get me out but at the same time i hardly ever hit it anywhere too...just a good stopper i was....

Browns go to Kansas and id thought they get there backsides spanked and hard, Mahomes just soooo good....anyway looking like poo in the first half they did stage a come back and fortune smiled from up high when Mahomes went off with concussion deep in the 3rd, didnt look like much and this guy hardly ever gets caught i might add, Browns have been a second half side for most of the year and were again taking it to the last play series to loose it....like the Demons it was right there in there hands the gods up high had smiled upon them and they couldnt get it done, muffed it, second string QB for the Chiefs who has been around for 10 years and never played a NFL game ever did a Mahomes and ran the ball for a first down on 3rd and ever so long from that point on Chiefs didnt have to do anything but run the clock down and all over red rover....Bills as in Buffalo  cleaned them up forget who now and WILL face Kansas in Kansas next week....shoe in if Mahomes is ruled out....this is conference championship game winner to the bowel....

Leeds on wobbly knees.....risky high tempo attack at all costs and the coach wont change his tactics.....im sensing the players are beginning to tire of there coach ........

Pardon me.....i ordered my Demon trackie dakkie top the one with the nice red sash across the shoulders....Zurich Jaguar and New Balance displayed on it front and back only 130 excuse me...the 160 was for the team jacket that id been eyeing off too...In the hope that Goodwin WILL deliver this year.......when we can travel again its going to be my travel top......hope i wont be embarrassed to wear it......but hey  in Europe they wouldnt have a clue who the team is right? Yes men bank took 5 days to get me my cards and no i still haven't come across my wallet, from time to time i do think about it and like where could have i put it....Have to say that wallet on your phone is ok....and can be used off line too says google......stored both credit and key card....with the credit card each time you do a transaction with it you get a record of it under the card on your screen and it seems it stays there as there begging to pile up now....but the key card...gees i dont know...i must be missing something......anyway been testing it all over the place and have to say its won me over....

Well Don has gone and CNN is visibly quite when i crank up the ipad in the morning....thats the new iPad air i got just before i lost the credit card...not so exciting to read anymore.....anyway the iPad i lashed out and got the keyboard with it.....with the magic trackpad thingo....a staggering kings ransom it cost..... my first iPad cost less than the keyboard....anyway it was a no brainer as id continuously hit adverts and other articles while reading and scrolling to the point it drove me crazy not to mention how filthy the screen use to get and like i didnt clean it often either so it was pretty disgusting you know.....anyway in anticipation that we will be able to travel next year there's no way im lugging the keyboard on the iPad around Europe with me...it makes it a little bit heavy so you know i jumped on to ali express and ordered a case for it....blue if you need to know...as im tired of black and no im not into rose gold and the pink was phoofy exTGF would have liked purple but not in this shops range ho you recall the ex....she messaged me in BKK last time i was there (mind you i had not told her i was visiting) bleeding that Central Lad Phrao were out of stock of purple iPhones....like i replied there are other Centrals....short time time later i sent her a pic of a purple iPhone a phone number and price from MBK......you know she has staff under her......and she does get out of the office to meet clients....so you know she could slip into one of the phone shops.....anyway we keep flirting so i cant get rid of her.....so i might have to take her with me....anyway getting back to the iPad, i ordered the new cover tonight, at JB hifi today seen a cover for 79$ frigging robbers....i payed 19$ the cover i bought for my old iPad air that daughter now has cost me 35$ from Apple 5 or 6 ys ago....so you know the Chinese make these things......and someone here is making a killing.....anyway love the new tablet.....its a mini laptop now....finding myself doing more on it....

Prior to loosing my wallet i had been thinking of travel and one of the things i hadn't done much of was shoot video, even my current iPhone shoots at least in high definition the quality is quite high....the latest iPhones shoot or capable to shoot in 4K and yes when we can travel again i will be upgrading the phone....well thats the pro max, Apple put the best camera in the pro max, Samsung did the same thing put the best camera in the S21 Ultra...i mean there all catching up to each other its a bit of a head scratch but even a dill can pick up an iPhone or iPad and is a master of it within 5 min.....well i want to shoot more vid....so i need more room...and since Apple charge you a pirates treasure for more storage i came up with a portable storage device that  plugs into your phone men and you can stick files pics and vids onto it....i YouTube my problem and it came up with the answer....god dam magic....so armed with the knowledge i checked out JB hifi one time i was in a shopping centre and that had one of these things for $105 for 128 gigs....plugs into your iPhone lightning and USB the other end so you know....when i got home i jump on ali express of course....The Chinese make these things you know.....128gigs for 40$ delivered and blow me down with a feather i got it in 2 weeks...an all time record from China normaly they wrap it in a water tight package and lash it to the back of a homing fish and hope for the best, some of these slow fish are know to take 2 months to swim to Melbourne....and lets not talk about Aussie Post delivering shall we.....anyway this particular device has 4 points not the customary 2 and was the only one id seen on ali express.....USB, C ( that my MacBook uses and new tablet) Lightening the standard Apple charging port plus the standard android charging port....its like i wont tattslotto.....tried it out...works well.....sister and daughter want to get one now......

The talk around is Apple WILL kill the charging port in Iphone13.....that means all other manufactures WILL within a few years as well....already Samsung has stopped shipping your plug in charger with there premium phones thanks Apple....and in anticipation of being able to travel i did of course on ali express....of course...... order a fast charger with 2 c ports and 1 usb port....as the new iPhone is a C at one end the tablet is a C and the USB can be for my watch....1 C port is 60 W incredible  hey second C and the USB is 30W, my current iPhone charger is 10W and iPad charger a fabulous 20W....anyway im asking you guys what color do you recommend for me in the Pro Max range men....the tablet is sliver since you dont see it only the edge was no point in the dark grey..i guess same can be said for the phone but i normally get silver and white but you dont have a color on the front anymore....the XR is black, so need a new color for the max men....i do like that blue but i think i might get tired of it...and the dark grey looks classy to me....anyway recommendations are welcome......

Well we talk about the weather a lot in Melbourne....just 2 nights ago i was god dam freezing had the under bench heater on while watching NFL on my new monitor and had stripped the electric blanket off my bed a week earlier....what a mistake .....not to mention i had swapped the winter donna for the summer one....i could not get warm you know when i went to bed....had to get up and slip a wind cheater on....its either summer or winter here......no in-betweens any more....33 today....even got the air con on...39 next monday.....no wonder we get sick a lot here....im kinda over being here......i thinking hard about a move up to the Gold Coast and live next door to Bookman....he often sends me weather reports....pictures of a sunny skies and beach life in august.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, sceadugenga said:

One Christmas a mate and I decided to go to Tasmania to see if he could track down his missing wife.

We drove to Melbourne where it was hot, then it hailed, then it was freezing... all in the same morning.

It was a relief to get to Tassy for a bit of summer weather.

Your not wrong.......31 today....37 sunday 38 monday 20 tue......yep melbourne.....

Good chance im moving to a warmer and stable climate next year....i set my new place up to be comfortable and  cheap to run which of course was a mistake but since im in the last quarter of my life does it matter?

On a more serious note Kevin Muscat......recall he? coach or manager of Melb Victory landed a job in Belgium of a first div team newly promoted didnt even last half a season..........sacked......turfed out, unwanted....and not quite half way through the season.....and can you believe as i cant.....this is the ENFORCER a centre back who use to trod over forwards hard as nails recons could off given more time could have turned the team around.....can you believe? Soccer is cut throat just ask my hero in Jose.....love Jose....knows how to milk the golden cow for all its worth.....recall Dom the ex French coach? they can coach you know its the prima donnas in the team that call the shots....

Well me playing Football manger and its totally different to fifa manger...all the prima donnas in your team come out of the wood work....like do i need to have to talk to these people....a bloody head case they give me....but....success quietens them down i notice....took a few games but i got on to a winner.....some Scottish team not to bad not the best as we all know its Rangers or Celtic up there and i never go that route...i kinda got my groove and won 3 championships in 5 so you know im a good learner after getting sacked more times i can remember......well i moved on and up the scale i resigned as you do...and waited for a good deal to come alone....Hotspurs wanted  me as did Liverpool but im a hard head....i took some French team as i like my players in white  OM Marseilles had them a few times in previous fifa manager....and gees before i was dealing with players worth at best 10m now i got a team of 20M plus and  there a head case....but its all good....promoting youth....when my 40m midfield at 27 told me he wanted a new challenge i jumped on the transfer list and got a 39M pommy for 20M to cover  my ass and do you think the god dam team recognised that when 40M Euro player wanted to join Milan? no they did not...and it shows how thankless life can be in real life and a game...sometimes a game mimics life you know....

Them two idiots were on YouTube recently Brashaw and our captain...Gawn is not a total dill and Brashaw is doing part time Uni...still....well 45 min of ummm well was waiting...and waiting...for something good....its like they there all on there own or....do young people speak a different language? i certainly felt like i wasnt relating.....and forget the content...its the lingo....the content WELL i could have tuned into some WCE thingo who would have known...it went for 45 min and i went through the p[ain for 40 min....they make you work so hard to want to follow the red and blue...bit like the exTGF....she makes me work hard and mind i dont talk to her much but a message in line comes through every now and then so you know....you cant forget them....they wont let you.....well in her case...the purple girl...and nothing to do with Prince i might add...but you never know...like i did block her once...so ......ho i dont know....so i wouldnt get any out of the blue messages that i hate from people you like who your getting over bit but have no regards for people like you thingo...after i encouraged her to seek greener pasturers whist living together as well shes only a typical thai who can only work at work and like ur her slave at home....and ho dont worry about does food cost something? sort of thing....no frigging idea its traditional and thats what finally turned me off of women there....ur a white guy you have deep pockets and if your thai i can help out and even support you thingo....so off she went......and ive been helpful moving the previous one off as well.....who also came out for a year but she paid her own way...long story wont go there....

After Cuba and Mexico.....which was October nov 2016 i booked a ticket on jet star to BKK.... think it was early dec.....when i was looking for my seat on the plane.....noticed two spunky Thai girls.....didnt see there faces just checking out the body as you doooooo..... then as i was putting my carry on in the overhead i noticed one of the girls by the window seat as i always book aisle seat had her mouth wide open...and its a big mouth too...as you know by know i go for big mouth women....blow me down it was purple girl...the Ex....TGF same frigging isle....one seat away...eventually she swaped seats with the other who she did not know...long story cut short i promised not to block her again...so for the next 4 years i get unsolicited messages from unwanted ex love....look im pretty good at going cold as ice and she has mentioned that of me even made a point of it...im  not totally cold i have sent her the odd message with cho in the pic as they got along like a house on fire....anyway shes can be totally boring...the most boring person i know...like you have to wind her up.....to get her going....frigging amazing....and it goes to show you that we know sweet f all about life...like her personal life is like a straight line.....yet she kick goals in her work life....yet the two do not align.....

I use to go clubbing....once.....now i sit alone with alcohol a beer or two...boy times have changed....got some craft beers.....Moondog is one of them...on a creamy soda style beer.....very interesting......given up the whiskey chaps....that was a sad day.....belly dont like it anymore.....even wine.,...i settle for Lambrusco now an italian wine...still around 8% easy to drink easy on the gut...beer too....if you ever come on back to AU i suggest you try though its Melbourne centric Brunswick Bitter....blue can Thunder Road brewery in Brunswick of course.....very good stuff and just a hint of bitter....I did take wind cheater girl to Thunder Road brewery when she was here and no where as good as Moondog....and close to where  i live....very funky dining area and beers to match.

One night....my entertainment this days is music on pc maybe chatting and drinking all at the same time but tonight its my post hehe....frigging everything is getting sticky here.....i tipped over my whiskey and it killed my apple track pad stone dead.....never to recover....as you know apple prodcts are at the high end of the spectrum in terms of cost....

The track pad is external was.....now use it with my macbook...apple make great products windows catches up with....been spilling this sticky beer near it.....Called Dream cake...Thunder Road Brewery..... coconut cake and its a dark ale....not bad....dont ask me ok....i drink for affect......not what it tastes like....if u want taste.....Corona...Soi and Brunswick Bitter.....

My Nephew ...been working at his place this week and mind you just has reached a fit 40 disappears when real work is needed....yes he did.....and he's a slob....... makes purple girl look fit and healthy.....by the way...she did join a gym once...so she told me and i thought at the time strange behaviour.....like she can go all day at work but.....after hours shes a veggie.....its saturday and like can i raise the dead today? seems not....and thats another thing....your woman might live on social media....not purple girl....its lights out 5pm friday afternoon.....even called her once on the phone while at work.....how do you think that went? Tonight just now as i write @ 10.35pm she sends a message shes up country....i know her mum loves to go there....haha dont hold your breath men.....by the way i think her mum hates me now.....mum and i got long very well for a long time....shes actually a fistey woman so unlike first daughter.....i heard the knifes were out for me after honey left;....pop was ok im told obviously a deep thinker...hahah...I can tell you we men haven't got a clue about women,....

Well the weather here resembles a life we can led....im not not normally here this time of year, this year i had not wanted to be out of the country and in the future i was leaning towards the Phillipines, i guessed i reached a who cares attitude sort of thing, no matter our age i guess we still want to couple up....i have to say i keep checking may age and think hey buddy ur past your use by date....them flips make it easy for you.....i prefer the Thai look but gees i cant do there conservative thinking.... lot of honeys in flip land that Bookman likes to refer them as....

Look single is good....regular sex i miss....maybe i been lucky all the exes bang like a dunnie door go the Dees.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Australia day.....26 of Jan.......18 degrees in Melbourne at 12.20pm, this time yesterday it was 38 and the day before low 30s....cool change swept through early afternoon yesterday so by dinner time we could breath....i did switch off the air con as soon as i could...even its free for me....the night before it ran till around 9pm and on battery...so free cooling for me....Well this morning started out with long sleeve light t-shirt and shorts....then pulled on socks and Trakkie dakkies...then later added a thicker short sleeve t<deleted> under my long sleeve t-shirt.....all by the time i sat down here...at least we hardly ever get long heat spells here...but were all going to die soon....flu will be around like corvid....back to 26+ tomorrow.....ummm......and speaking of my trakkie top...the Demon shop emailed me it was ready to go next day...last friday, i payed piority post extra 17.50 than 10 bucks for standard....i was expecting the delivery yesterday and surly they did call..but i had slipped out for a quick shop....found there card on the ground ready to be blown away by the first decent breeze.....

Aust Post....the worst experience a person can endure....i did take the card up to the local post office at 3 pm like it said on it only for the counter hand to point out after 3 pm the 27th......so much for priority post...i can tell you there very inconsistent, sometimes i get a text or email or both that a delivery will happen on the next day and of course they all ways want feed back on how there going....mind you have you ever filled in one of these surveys? i stoped...most dont allow for you to give an honest appraisal.....once i was assured by a retailer that said item would not be left on my door step if i was not home to sign for it....driving around the corner seen said parcel worth 550$ sitting on my porch for the world to see.....luckily most of my delivery's are cheapo items from AliExpress....sometimes they knock on ur door and run....other times they text you its been delivered.....there is no standard to what they do at least as often there is no notice...Ahhhrrrrrrrr wish i had a big dog to set on the drivers....

Purple girl has been warming up very nicely lately....well shes always been super polite if awake, just sent me a couple of pics of her jumping in her car heading off to the office....she must really want a free trip to Europe next year....after 2 years in Rangoon...shes been reasigned back home now....for mum to look after her again.....she even sent me pics of her cooking food.....the expression on her mothers face said it all.....sitting down to eat it.....a very cautious look indeed.....stuck in shared accommodation she had to learn how to do a few things....when she was living here her class mates quickly could tell who made her lunch...why do i call her purple girl? when we first met i quickly found out purple is her favorite color, but unlike TGF2 who was pink mad doesn't wear purple much if at all, for her birthday one year i bought her a purple iPod, another time i picked up here a purple iPhone case it acts like a wallet and could strip it just to a basic cover.....i was so good to her....and all i ever got was a couple of hankie's one time and a wallet another time....though now i think the wallet is an original it's the one i lost by the way...it came boxed....i first thought....when she handed it to me and i unwrapped it....shes been to the market....she had our photo in it from one time when we were at Universal studios in Japan.....when we were dating i always had her wind up spanner in my pocket....like shes good first think in the morning....work wise she is very focused....on a work day she wakes at 5am then does the 90min beautification trick stark naked in front of the mirror after her shower....she is long and lean, tallest girl ive ever dated....tall for a Thai too.....id get out of bed in time to watch the transformation from a sleep walking zombie to a switched on executive...... make her something to eat and a coffee.....she needs her coffee.....then watch with mild amusement  her walk down the corridor to the lift....every step she took was like she was going into a deep trance....like she didnt ever turn around and give me a wave.....nope.....like she was honing in on her office.....that use to crack me up....i also quickly learnt not to bother her at work....futile.....often could take up to 4 hrs to get a reply....and dont phone......always meetings....she loves subway.....she loves veggies.....the more color the more excited she gets one time i met her for lunch during a work day and she wanted to go to subway, never seen her so happy.....chomping into her roll....her eyelids begin a slow drop starting around 8pm...gentle prods into her rib cage if we were out was in order.....be ok if she was driving....she would spring to life at the car door....An evening shower does not wake her....in fact shes out like a light within moments of her head hitting the pillow....

Invasion day......Korrie excuse for being failures......there isnt a land in the world that hasnt been invaded and or taken over....but natives of several lands use it as an excuse for the life they lead......Cuba.....no natives survived the Spanish "invasion", we should take a delegation of Korrie elders to Germany and England and Italy and show them how society eventuated after the Vikings and mongals and god knows who else spread there seeds around in these countries.....Spain too....Malta....Sicily has seen everybody.....i say lock em up.....Invasion day rallies were planned for today....throw away the key......Trump followers...confederates....ahhhhhh...

Ahh and talking about Trump......seems there's some whispers that he was trying to force a coup apparently the raiders had knowledge of secret tunnels and what nots.....this will be interesting.....like this guy wont go quietly i can tell ya....and word around Marlo goon what ever its called his up market golf club that hes move too is A Melanie is almost ready to walk and divorce Donald...is so over him.....and B the locals were happy for he to break the rules by living at the club while President but its not ok now.....think hes allowed 7 days a time or a combination of 7 days to make 30 something like that to stay there...the locals are quite sure they expect him to follow the rules......

Don wont have time to be worried about running for president in 4 ys time as there Tax department WILL be keeping him very busy as WILL the FBI and banks.....if hes lucky he might die soon.....

Marty Hore is out for the year....a real earthy defender, honest grubber he is.....missed most of last year too....did his knee.....Tom Scully has taken time foo.....personal problems....we can guess.....

And who's a free agent end of this year........

Jack Riewoldt....id have him....

7 Tigers Bachar Houli is one of them as Edwards is too....

Bontempelli.....Cripps.....Zack Merrett.....id have any of them....

Demons Maxie Gawn.....cant see him leaving the microphone men...he can write his own check....And Christian Salem....who would attract some interest id be surprised to see them go....

In fact i cant see many moving...like Pendlebury? or joel Selwood? Jack Ziebell? even Luke Parker like there institutions at there clubs...

Membrey is up for grabs again... https://www.afl.com.au/news/542061

Well Buffalo got peed on by the Chiefs yesterday Mahomes did play and as usual is hard to beat on his own...there going to there third straight super bowel, Tom Brady and the Patriots beat them in there first outing winning last year who escapes me at present.....face Tom Brady again but this time with Tampa Bay, amazing that, the Bucks were not highly rated yet lot thought Tom could add something to the team...and he has....if Kansas wins you can expect a heavy free agent exodus with there stocks so high clubs WILL be falling over them selves tog et at them.....Brady kept his salary low around 25m a year to help the team keep other players...Mahomes is reportedly on 40m plus....not bad for a 25 yearly....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

News Flash......my wallet turned up....this morning.....The Viet owner of my local bakery dropped it off....used my licence to track me down.......he is very switched on said if he had of known he would have returned it sooner...seems spunky sister who i often get there stuck it under the counter and forgot to say something....like my eyes just follow here around the shop you know....

Gees old age is making go senile....i could have sworn i only took cash that day.....there are 3 women who work in this bakery....they make great meat pies by the way and there shell rolls are fantastic but you need to be there before 11 am any day to get some as they sell out first.....2 of the girls are Viets...one just makes me melt a little....like pizza cheese in the oven....the third....forget.....not sure what she is id say Sri lankan not dark not white not pretty but pretty ugly and no customer charisma like spunky, shes blunt drops your change into your hands comes across as someone who grew up in a forest or desert and has hardly had human contact....

$390 in the wallet....my 2 Bunnings power pass cards....one from my builder....gees loosing it made my life hard....every other card has been cancelled and replaced or waiting for a replacement.....and of course the wallet it self....it was a gift from purple girl.....she was confident it would turn up....

Melbourne and we talk a lot about the weather.....13 this morning....had to run the heater......yes i did and just 2 days ago were we baking like a pizza in an oven.....been on real estate.com checking out gold coast properties......quizzing Books on locations...as hes deep in drama with his bathroom taps...again....

Watching the clock.......can go pick up my new Dee trakkie dakkie top at 3pm......

• Like 2

Good morning men.....as predicted half of Melbourne is dieing 20 degree jumps in temperature WILL do that to you...a bit miserable for that last few days without it knocking me out ive gone through half a box of panadol osteo the stronger panadol i got hooked on when i had my hip issue...kept on buying them as they come in a nice big box and are cheap and stronger......dont you worry i poped a few codral flu tabs too....the ones that use to have speed in them....ho i miss there old formula....like a rocket i use to race when i was sick....and i took a forte as well earlier in the week its the heavy duty panadol on script left over from my hip days that i lived on for pain control they work well for flu too.....and of course its sent my sinus all over the place....my last resort when im feeling like poo allergy wise is a steamer with a cap of eculptys oil in it....its bubbling away as i type... its been on for 2 days straight.....bailed out going to work for the rest of the week....WILL need to see my doc soon to stock up on some drugs men....you know i never get sick in Thailand except for food poisoning....3 times now...well 2...the first time i coped it in Malaysia on a visa run and brought it back with me....the last time...well i knew i was going to get sick....yes i did....use to walk past this food cart that appeared around 4.30 every day out front of a tyre and mechanical workshop area near my condo, i did notice they used the same water to wash every plate, looking like a muddy pond by 7pm....flys buzzing around there make shift bay marie.......lets not talk about the oil and other stains on the askhvalt shall wee....the Thai girl i was dating at the time...and she was a honey i have to say who later flipped her lid...well i knew the pressure she had been under and for sometime never mind called me and asked if we could eat there......saying she passed it on the way to my condo and they did her fav dish.....with this request i immediately cringed......i KNEW.....what to do? Well Bookman ate on the streets and even with his delicate belly didnt get food posing....or never admitted it.... so i thought...well if im going to date these girls its time i did the Bookman thing kept it cheap and you know....embrace Thai lifestyle more fully, She was very happy tucking into her pork and what ever....i thought it tasted like the dish water....at least i thought it should at least taste ok before it makes me sick...i have been banging on for years about these food carts cheap food....and why? you dont need a university degree to work it out....though my date did have one she couldnt put the two together....cheap food and quality...as a rule only date girls who been to uni there men....its saved me a lot of problems....no sick buffalos nope never got any of that, as it came to pass like the wandering Israelites who eventually stumbled on the holy land after 40 ys wandering the deserts i found myself after 10 ys wandering the streets of BKK with food poisoning....

Second time again was in the same area.....well thats where i live when im there....was shown where the market was..have 2 there....was on a vegetarian kick at the time as heat and red meat and me dont agree....like you know under normal circumstances id avoid these places but im embracing the life style and at that point in time was certain that i was going to move there, anyway went to the stall where id bought my hard tofu before....piled up high with a few flys buzzing around....i did not have a good feeling as i handed over my 10B....say no more....funny how things like that stay in your mind....after that i stuck to shopping in supermarkets there.....Hey im very proud to say i never got sick in India....and that is a dirty country.....you have no idea.......you really have no idea.....when showing TGF where to sit on the inter city bus by slapping the seat a cloud of dust appeared.....ho and the grab rails...looking like it was camouflage railing and if your ever going there stay upwind....always upwind....walk with it to your back....blowing you....you will avoid the pee stenches at every god dam corner....toilets? you need a gas mask to enter....at the bus stop i needed to go to the dunnie.....frigging nothing can prepare you for an Indian dunnie.....pulling pullover over the nose at the urinal didnt help....was killing me......even a newish mall in New Deli i thought id be safe in there.....clean and bright....the pullover didnt stop anything getting to my nose.....be wary of puddles on the ground...TGF was saved from stepping into a puddle of <deleted> by some nice Indian men....wearing only sandals silly girl....thats when i noticed the pissing wall a few feet away, golden yellow had been burned into the rendered wall of off white....that place is disgusting.....seriously disgusting.....great experience but id never go there again...I thought id like to experience a train ride back to New Deli so you know...i seen the pictures....and i was still an adventurous man in them days well i had been on a packed Sri Lankan train once....but it was clean......later looking back i at first was sad that there wasnt a train  back in the time frame i wanted but on reflection later thought i had been saved by the grace of god.....Believe me the bus ride back was enough enough of an adventure.....

Once we had a job in a posh Melbourne burb for an Indian doctor.....the house built into a side of a hill the upper level was on a slab and garages underneath wanted an extra room so this particular morning i needed to get the bricks down so we could frame up etc....anyway im banging away at around 8 am and noticing people walking around inside....and cooking smells....curry smells of course....well the smells were getting stronger and im growing more inquisitive peering in i wasnt seeing anyone hanging around the kitchen....it was really fascinating too smelling the food yet not seeing anyone cook....boy oh boy.....it was very strong....i kid you not....and for like an hour it had me guessing.......then i realised.....the stench of the food was in the god dam mortar....maybe the bricks too.....though there normally fired but gees.....i never went inside......so i can imaging what it was like in there....

Chatbox.... https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/27/tech/microsoft-chat-bot-patent/index.html lonely in Thailand? a chat bot is on its way....your really sad if your going to use this....look some companies now have chat bots like Optus....just jump on line and talk to them if your feeling  lonely or down...you wont get to much sense out of them i might add....or just phone up your bank or water company and spend 10 min listening to the index and punching numbers like your account details only for when you get to a real live person they ask you for all your details again....i did in a menacing voice once ask what was the reason for punching in account details only to be asked for them again once we made the break through to a talking person....of course they had a feeble answer....

Well if you got nothing to do..... https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/27/us/potato-chips-sleeping-bags-trnd/index.html collect potato chip bags and make some sleeping bags......wont be much good in Thailand though....plastic would be too hot to sleep in....but hey homeless people wont care...you could get an industry going and export....anyway this Nigerian female is leading a good life free of scamming etc....might not look too good for farangs going through rubbish bins there men....

This is what happens when a guy tries to be romantic..... https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/edinburgh-paris-couple-missed-flights/index.html a weekend alone in Paris.....look keep it simple men...and save your money.....ho and phone first...or at least make sure of her plans.... 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/health/swearing-benefits-wellness/index.html and everybody thought i was a moody person....im always in self perseverance mode, hammer flying out the door.....stuff like that...the truth is i dont suffer fools gladly....nope....you shiiiiiitttttttttt me and im going to get very sarcastic....look when your on a job the clock is counting i cant take a break because i feel like it....hence i lived on codral for years the first sign i was feeling off good stuff......didnt know it had speed in it untill i got hooked on it....proud to say i never took time off just because i was sick....i didnt get sick i popped codral.....once i realised i was getting hooked and found out it was speed i got off it.....but the moods continued....like now i look back and wonder how i did what i did, friggs, and push myself and hard....my builder have to say looks after the old man i am....i dont get to many taxing jobs anymore....this is the last year for me....ive only carried on cause i cant travel stuck in freezing Melbourne...even going up to check out the Gold Coast is off for the time being....just need a corvid break out and they WILL slam the boarders shut...

Here you are.... https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/25/health/world-health-organization-physical-activity-guidelines-wellness/index.html how much exercise you should be doing..... Bullocks of course....did you know the people in charge of health in the US have changed the food pyramid at least 3 times.... they dont frigging know......fat is good.....when my old man had his heart attack around the early 70s low fat became king and dinner began to taste like shiiiiitttttteeeeee....untill we began adding more sugar....look up doctor Jason Fung....he reminded me we didnt have gyms in every suburb in the 20's 30's 40's etc....and no-one was fat....or working out....or eating 6 times a day.....mate of mine was a food chemist what ever that is...he wouldnt tell me what they put in process food to keep it ummm fresh....gave it away....drives a bus for living now....true...just jump on to youtube and check out all the experts....after that look up Dr Fung, has the science that make sense men.....look him up....has a lot on youtube.....The information age....with all these frequencies going around.....electricity....wifi....phone.....its been scrambling human brains....im joking of course but at the same time is it doing something to our brains? recall  some light years ago about mobile phones and brain damage? what about living near high tension electric cables? apart from looking ugly in your back yard what else could it be doing? i say reading news papers and watching channel 9 news can be unhealthy too....particular 60 min....that is a piece of poo in journalism...7.30 report and shows like that....baaaaaa oh and dont get me going about climate change....the biggest hoax of all....yes yes i believe the temps are going up....that cant be played with......but.......these greenies seem to forget that the world has frozen then thawed out so you know its kinda normal in the scheme of the planets existence....and of course this planet WILL not survive for ever...its not physically possible...i mean that god dam sun is going to burn itself out one day then its god dam Curtins for all of us..... look take care of the planet yes.....make some changes yes....smaller foot print yes.....biut if it costs more dont do it....electric cars....baaaa.....sure they will come hydrogen tooooooo but how about first finding a solution to polluting ectricitiy production....look they got a vaccine for corvid with in a year....is there the WILL to find an alternative to polluting power plants? I rest my case.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Why Ed is pretty much untouchable.

Powerful mates keeping ‘proud’ Eddie McGuire in game

For a few hours on Tuesday morning, it looked like the clock had ­finally caught Eddie, the biggest and best-connected name in ­Melbourne.

McGuire had heard the tick-tock several times before, most ­infamously during the crisis that erupted and raged for days (in fact, it’s never really gone away) in 2013 after his “King Kong” gaffe about Indigenous champion Adam Goodes.

McGuire — Ed, to those who are genuinely close to him — scraped through and continued to dominate footy, radio, television and boardrooms as Melbourne’s most relentless networker.

But now, the morning after he described the shameful findings of the club’s racism inquiry as a ­“historic and proud day”, it seemed the 56-year-old had ­finally run out of time.

Influential figures such as 3AW’s Neil Mitchell and the ­Herald Sun’s Mark Robinson called for him to resign immediately, and not wait until his planned departure as club president at the end of this season, his 23rd running the club.

Heritier Lumumba — the former Collingwood footballer whose complaints of racism, including allegations he was dubbed “chimp” at the club, triggered the inquiry — piled the pressure on.

“Eddie McGuire’s inability to let go of the illusion he’s constructed of himself does not serve the club, the code or the community. It’s a pity his final year looks like it will be marked by yet ­another self-inflicted racism scandal,” Lumumba tweeted.

A few hours later, on radio, he doubled down: “Individuals as leaders, people who are faces of the club, such as Eddie McGuire, are unable to radically transform the way they are viewing, interacting with the history of racism in public and privately, and I think it is absolutely time for them to step down.”

The next few hours would ­determine his fate. He needed support. Big-time support. Would Premier Daniel Andrews, a progressive leader who has led a push to legislate Australia’s first Indigenous treaty, back him?

To help unpack what unfolded next, you need to understand just how the top end of town functions in Melbourne and McGuire’s unique place in this world.

Like most cities, wealth is ­important in determining status in Melbourne, but football is the real currency that buys power and ­influence. And Eddie is the king of this world.

There is no better illustration of this than the AFL’s official grand final lunch. Almost 1000 of the nation’s politicians, including prime ministers, premiers, billionaires, media moguls, and movers and shakers are brought together for the greatest concentration of wealth, ego and influence in the nation. Watching McGuire in this environment is like watching a full forward kick 10 goals. He easily dominates the space around him, with a beaming smile, and an ­intense handshake. He radiates energy. It’s likely he knows and deals with almost everyone in this room during the course of any given year.

Mr Connections

One of the reasons McGuire is so comfortable in this more-than-footy crowd is that he’s been ­astute enough to extend his reach beyond Aussie rules and the media, spending years on the board of the government’s major events committee and even the state library.

“Eddie is very knowledgeable of all things AFL given his involvement in it as a commentator, a journo, a president,” one footy powerbroker reflected. “He probably has the best history of any other person in the game. In terms of knowledge, of all aspects of the sport and off-field matters, he is better than anyone else.”

There’s a classic “Eddie photo” from McGuire’s 30th anniversary in television party — yes, there was a party — in 2012 at the Stoke House in St Kilda. James Packer is on one side, Shane Warne on the other.

There’s little doubt that McGuire is driven by the ­accumulation of wealth and influence. But alongside that is a genuine passion for promoting the Collingwood Football Club, the city of Melbourne, the state of Victoria and many other causes.

He’s an ideas factory and constantly on the move, looking for the next opportunity. At his best, he is inspiring; at his worst, he is arrogant and prone to appalling, insensitive gaffes that leave victims devastated as they’re unwittingly dragged into the eye of a McGuire <deleted> storm.

“One of Eddie’s great strengths is his emotion and passion, and one of his great weaknesses is his emotion and passion,” one football figure and veteran McGuire observer remarked. “He’d give you the shirt off his back. He does a lot for a lot of people. But then you look at what happened on Monday and all the emotion and passion has produced this ‘oh f. k’ moment.”

Collingwood board member and Djap Wurrung/Gunditjmara woman Jodie Sizer was sitting alongside McGuire when he proclaimed the racism report a “historic and proud day”.

Sizer said she had discussed with the president the intent of what they wanted to communicate, including they were proud to have had the courage to commission the report.

“I think the intent was ­removed but we spoke about the intent of what we wanted to communicate and to say,” Sizer told The Weekend Australian.

“I think it was the wrong thing to say and it’s regrettable.”

The dealmaker

Football is big business and McGuire is an asset to the AFL. Depending on who you talk to, McGuire was either pivotal or, at least partially responsible, in convincing the Premier to kick $225m of taxpayers’ funds to the AFL to bankroll its redevelopment of Marvel Stadium, one of the great financial coups pulled off by a sporting organisation in the nation.

Encased within office and residential towers in the Docklands, the stadium is now largely shielded from view from the CBD, but it has well and truly aged quickly. It is a tired-looking 20-year-old structure. The AFL owns it but didn’t want to fund the reno.

Underlining his view of the deal at the time, McGuire hailed the deal: “It has been going for nearly two years, it will be signed in the next 24 hours. It is one of the biggest days in the history of AFL football.”

A footy powerbroker summed McGuire’s role in the deal this way: “I have heard Eddie’s claim that (being pivotal to convincing Andrews) was the case, and I have heard Gil (AFL chief executive Gil McLachlan) play that down. But it is accurate to say he was involved in the negotiations. I think everyone blows their own trumpet when it suits them, and that is particularly the case with Eddie.

“Gil’s working very closely with (Sports Minister Martin) ­Pakula in terms of crowds for this season. Eddie will probably claim some credit … it’s very much a boys club and they all scratch each other’s backs.”

The 35-page Do Better report, commissioned by the club in ­response to the racism claims, had landed in December, and been kept under wraps. Then it was splashed across the front of the Herald Sun on Monday.

It was always going to be impossible to spin the devastating findings, and in attempting the impossible, McGuire got it horribly wrong. By Tuesday morning, seasoned McGuire observers were openly speculating that he may have run out of lives.

Powerful support #1

But then came the reinforcements in the shape of Andrews and McLachlan.

Just after 9am, Andrews, who has spent years cultivating a reputation as the nation’s most progressive leader, backed McGuire in. Big time. While describing the report as a “sad day”, the Premier repeatedly chose not to directly criticise McGuire, instead falling back on his smothering skills by saying he won’t be “running a commentary on every word that’s said by every person”.

Asked whether McGuire should have apologised over the racism on his watch, Andrews said he was “not the arbiter” of whether football club presidents “do a good or a bad job”.

And then came the overt backing. Asked whether McGuire should resign, he said: “I don’t think running away from challenges is leadership, whether it’s in a footy club or any other role … I think you’ve asked me should (McGuire) go, and I’m saying no. That doesn’t make any sense to me. That’s running from a challenge instead of dealing with it.”

The endorsement was motivated by two things: the Premier’s genuine regard for McGuire and a more expedient necessity. In ­defending McGuire, he had used almost identical language to that used to fend off calls for his own resignation over the quarantine hotel fiasco. “Daniel said just a few months ago ‘I will take ­responsibility’ but I’m not resigning,” one observer said.

“So he could hardly turn around and tell Eddie to go. There was an element of self-protection motivating the Premier.”

One football figure described the relationship as part-genuine and part-mutual convenience.

“He (McGuire) works very closely with those who are in ­office, and that in many ways is a very shrewd thing to do,” the figure said. “He (McGuire) would argue that he is conservative in voting but I would doubt that … yes he’s close and I think Daniel also recognises that Eddie has a very large public backing.

“Regardless of what (Andrews) thought about his comments privately, I think it’s just an arrangement made in politics … through mutual convenience.

“There is a value for Daniel in having a good relationship with Eddie. There is no doubt about that. It’s the fact that Eddie is a public figure, Eddie has a lot of irons in the fire, Eddie’s support of Daniel is of value to him in terms of community support.

“Even with this latest hoo-ha, many, many Collingwood fans ­remain locked into Eddie, no matter what he does.”

Powerful support #2

By midday, McLachlan had given McGuire another boost. While critical of his “historic and proud” language, McLachlan left it at that. He said he had spoken to McGuire on Tuesday morning, and he expected his Collingwood president would clarify his comments that day.

Had Andrews and McLachlan supported calls for McGuire to stand down, it’s hard to see how he could have survived.

At 6pm, addressing the club’s AGM, McGuire moved to clean up the mess, apologising for his language, admitting he got it wrong, but recommitting to seeing out his final year.

It was left to ­Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy to find the words his president was unable to, when he tweeted: “My sincere and unreserved ­apology to anyone who, through their association with our club, has been marginalised, hurt or discriminated against due to their race.”

• Like 1