Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Woooooooow what a shock today....Lisa Alexander put her hands up for the North job.........yes LISA.....a woman.....she thinks women can do it, she is kinda put off with the fact theres only one AFLW coach who is female.......Well North were happy to accept her application and why not? premier a few times for the Melbourne Phenoix, glory on the international stage as a coach in netball.....anyway she recived an email in the nicest terms saying she wouldnt get the gig....

Hey Fj a differnt slant on things wouldnt be too bad.....you might have passed over a Norm Smith here me boy....no no it is not silly....you been on to many <deleted> ons after the game....plenty of women can mix it with the boys....

Hope Simon and Josh are taking notes how the Gaints are treating the Cats and the Bombers....there after our ruckman his currency just went up today when GWS knocked back 2 first round pics and a second granted there pretty ordinary first round pics but there first round pics....screw em i say, anyway Camerons manager now says no chance he would return so there you are a bit of theatre now comes into it....

Very quite at the trade fair, plenty of free lunches catching up with old buddies but little work getting done.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Haha,i heard a netball coach wanted to throw her hat in the ring for a gig in the AFL.

We need someone who can still hit the track and give a decent hip and shoulder therefore ruling her OUT.

Got to be careful what i say here but Laidley would have more chance.

At the moment North are not aggressive in the trade period so could it be the year with the VIC boys having a year off to get in some fresh draft choices.

The trade period over last few days was like WA trying to take a wicket against the VICS in the sheffield shield.

"Laidley would have more chance":biggrin:

A bad toss for WA to lose FJ.

Hang on..........

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Well the latest from them freeloaders @ trade house is Trealor had a medical at the Dogs, Pies Stephenson had a parlie vou over at Arden St, though i think you be hoping for little gain there Fj dont think the kid would go to a club that just did a big spring clean....Im waiting for Simon to pounce on this one concidering there shiftin Hannan off to the Dogs...

Only 2 days to go so the big drama is thursday 4 pm.....

Looking like no intrest on Big Tom, thank you thank you and im happy for him to stick round an stick it up Simon...if Tom ever needed a rocket up the backside this was it..... im expecting big things from him next year....and like hes always been a decent player shame on Josh and Simple.....

After centuries of avoiding recruiting over the hill types Stephan Matin was traded to the Dogs, good pick up even if hes only got a year or two left, this guy has always bugged me...originaly a Dee they had no ruckmen nothing tall that was much good he was showing promise and they went and trade him away......a little bit like Hitler invading Russia....a dumb thing to do...

North pick up Who? yes a Who......pic 1163 snared Lachie Young aparently use to wear a Bulldogs jumper sometimes.....

Well Demons were not a sleep they sent Preuss off to the Gaints for pic 31...shame on them....too cheap, and Mitch Hannan made it back to the Dogs, ummmm.....Dogs are looking good already....

In a nice one for Rip and Books Mason Cox the lanky yank's name is being mentioned along side off the Swans.....Cox says hes happy to renegotiate his contract taking a lower cut and tacking on a few extra years....hehehe....but the Pies might be happy for him to dissaperar.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Who said Norf would never employ a female coach!

Former North Melbourne coach's charge to be dropped with letter of thanks to police

Former AFL coach Dani Laidley, who was previously known as Dean, will have a drug charge against her dismissed if she writes a letter of thanks to police.

The premiership player and former North Melbourne coach was found in possession of methamphetamine when arrested on unrelated matters in May this year.

Lawyer Rob Stary said his client had gone through a gender transition and requested the court refer to her as Ms Laidley.

She was on bail of separate matters at the time.

Police recommended Ms Laidley for the court’s diversion program, which allows charges against some offenders to be dismissed if certain conditions are met.

Magistrate Jack Vandersteen said he was satisfied diversion was the right path.

He said Ms Laidley was contrite, well supported in the media and had suffered very significant additional punishment including the release of photographs of her in a dress after her arrest.

Ms Laidley’s mug shot and a photo of her in a long blonde wig and dress, taken inside a police station, were shared among officers and leaked to the media.

Victoria Police suspended seven employees and and transferred six others to different duties after the leak, which was described by Assistant Commissioner Shane Patton as appalling and unlawful criminal conduct.

Haha what's your nickname Baby,it's Junkyard Dog.????

Edited by farmerjo
  • Haha 2

Well d-day tomorrow for trades.

I really hope we can hang on to Big Ben Brown otherwise Tarrant needs to play forward this year.

If we can snag the pie stevenson it will be a good trade period for us.

Surprised we haven't chased Hooker from the bombers.

The preseason draft might be our go if Cameron is still available????

Still not a lot of quality key backman up for trade and we have enough Kids on the list already.

Wanted one CHB and a Coach.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well d-day tomorrow for trades.

I really hope we can hang on to Big Ben Brown otherwise Tarrant needs to play forward this year.

If we can snag the pie stevenson it will be a good trade period for us.

Surprised we haven't chased Hooker from the bombers.

The preseason draft might be our go if Cameron is still available????

Still not a lot of quality key backman up for trade and we have enough Kids on the list already.

Wanted one CHB and a Coach.

A year or two ago i did say Bennie Brown would look good in a Dee jumper and here we are he is now a Dee.....just need to clean him up a bit looks a bit untidy you know.....We got him for peanuts Fj, pure peanuts....Suprise suprise you did pick up Stephenson as the clock was about to go close the doors...

Well Simon now has Ben Brown, Tom Macdonald and Wedieman to play in the forward line....3 talls...though Tom could play up the ground more he just needs now to draft midfields that can actualy kick to a lead....something we DONT have....havent had for 2 years.....

Most of all the BIG trades got done bar Fanatsia, Bombers held out....Ho and The Saints are trying to talk Dudd Frawley out of retirement.....can you belive? if be chopping up my membership card Chooks and send it it back by mail with a  letter bomb....and id be cutting off there beer supply too....

Alir is off to the Power and Books is pretty dirty on it....that one we never seen....

• Like 2

Well there was about 30 min to go for trade close so  its possible a few more got swang like Trealor and that Tiger.......

How sacry if Tom finds form and the Weed  gets consistant and Tom is roaming across centre and half forward with Ben at FF ......give the ball to Brashaw men....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well there was about 30 min to go for trade close so  its possible a few more got swang like Trealor and that Tiger.......

How sacry if Tom finds form and the Weed  gets consistant and Tom is roaming across centre and half forward with Ben at FF ......give the ball to Brashaw men....

I think we might see  Tom at half-back and Jaidyn Hunt to the wing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well a good as can be trade period for us.

Corr,Stephenson and that other young fella from the colliwobbles who i hope they call his first name on the field and not his last.????

It gutted me we got rid of Brown and Higgins as well as delisting 7 others in the 27-29 year old bracket but think we should rebound pretty quickly if we can get a centre half back and centre half forward.

I don't think Josh Walker is up for the task unless he is like a good red that matures with age.

There is a young McDonald in the draft from the Perth footy club who we might be able to snag to fill that CHF role in the future.

Anderson re signed so all looking rosy. 

Might take a bit of getting used to for Demons fans seeing Brown on the wing for his run up but it works more times than not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

I think we might see  Tom at half-back and Jaidyn Hunt to the wing.

Simon does play a few out of position for sure, Hunt was pretty dam good on the half back line...

Dont think Big Tom WILL end up back in defense, he can relive ruck, recon there gonna contuine to play him as is which is and assuming he finds some form as a roming half forward little bit like your attacking midfilder or pressing forward in soccer, they roam around the middle of the park  to half foward and become an attaking option....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well not much to look forward to till December other than who gets the gig at Arden street????.

After watching a doco on fox footy last night about Richmond i don't see what all the fuss was about with Shaw departing.A coaching career at the Tigers was 2 years.

Today on Fox Barrasi is coaching the Swans,think they had won 5 out of 26 games before beating the lowly Saints in this one,hang on the Saints have just come from 48 down at 3/4 time to win it with Plugger kicking eleven.

Also had Adelaides 97 year when Blight went in and got rid of McDermot,A Jarman and McGuiness before season started and showed you can still mastermind moves as coach without the laptop telling you what to do.

Jeez footy was good to watch in the 80's and 90's.

You got to get your head out of the past fella....every thing moves on.....( bet your still listening to AC DC) by the way Barassi never coached the Swans, (thats the Leo seeing things) Blues North then Dee's and we were the only ones that sacked him work that one out....

Stats dont lie, though sometimes they dont mean a whole lot which is not very often, all the good clubs have Macbook Pros.....the also rans run Windows jobs, Actualy you can pin it on Neal Daniher for introducing the lappie to the AFL, think he was an assistant at Freo when it first arrived, Dee's couldnt wait to get there hands on the new tech so signed him up as coach to get the software cheap.....its debatable if it helped though we did play finals and make a GF once...

The very fact North are still to anounce a coach is TELLING......telling you no one wants the gig....after shafting poor old Shaw, Vossey looks like hes dropped off... i recon they should have grabbed Lisa she's the only one who wanted the job........You might wanna concider coxing Old Ronnie B out of retirement, or Dennis Pagan he was looking pretty comfortable with himself recently when one of the horses he now trains won something, nice pic of he and the horse in one of the papers....Think Archer might be a predicament to a worthwhile anyone accepting this lucrative appointment......

As for Malcom you do recall him falling on his sword at North and later the Saints....watched something on youtube about soccer coaches the average length of time was something like 10 months before the axe arrives even the special one Jose seems to go into some sort of disintegration around the 3rd season, hes got Spurs playing well at the moment and should get through next year as then its 2.5 ys in the job before it all goes belly up.....

I was watching Buffalo Bills playing the Seattle Seahawks last night, pretty good game, Allen threw for over 400 yards and sacked an incredible 9 times...Wilson of the Seahawks didnt fare much better getting picked off 4 times and had his faced full of blue jumpers time and time again but it still came down to the last 10 min of the game....The Seahawks coach just signed a new deal already been there 21 years, hunched over gum chewing machine skinny as a rake and just one flag to date and that was 7 ys ago.....still lost the game...

We been told we maybe giving up the face mask before Xmas....that would be nice, i do forget to grab it from the car every now and then, the Aleague has been taken over by the clubs and new season starts in Dec before reverting to a winter program.....so change is in the air something Fj is not comfy with, bet he still uses an a 90's nokia phone too....no offense there WILL i know your up to date....by the way you have to love Apple they decide you need to have things work a new way so every now and then in one of there updates they god dam change everything yesterday i had to rooooooooot around and work out how to send a pic in line casue they changed things....yes its all in the settings....whatsapp toooooo.....its just at my age getting my head around tech thingos is a bit dificult cause im not wired that way unlike the kids of today even that Apple TV remote seriously id like to de nakker the man that designed that and thrust it onto the world....Apple in all of there self glory actulay had a survey going for there locked up brothers like my self  and boy did i let them know what i thought about that remote...i did not hold back and uses some long french words to give it flavour, in frustration i even downloaded the remote app to the phone....it didnt get any better but strangley what dont work on the real remote does work on the phone app remote and visa versa.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

By the way Barassi never coached the Swans, (thats the Leo seeing things) Blues North then Dee's and we were the only ones that sacked him work that one out....:wacko:

Bet he still uses an a 90's nokia phone too....no offense there WILL i know your up to date

Sorry too disappoint you yet again Uncle Alex, but here's a picture of my phone.

Nokia 515.

nokia_515_1.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1