Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The AFL are the AFL...2 match suspension for new wonder boy Van Rooyen is a bit of  joke, eyes on the ball the whole time....is this Grinter all over again? We wont go there.....no malice in it meanwhile the MFC are set to challenge the ban........gees.....meanwhile Billy gets his karmic reward it's looking like Ravioli is looking at sitting on the other side of the fence for a long time......

Meanwhile Weagles are getting there players fit and returning.....

Booing Franklin.....honestly give them an inch they take a mile...and no Essendon supporters are worse...gather them up throw them out of the ground with bans.....thats what id do...

That 23rd sub, slow motion to 6 or 7 on the bench, thats what id like to see....23rd man is a bit of a joke me thinks, time to bite the bullet and have 6 interchange then for gods sake leave it alone...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Booing Franklin.....honestly give them an inch they take a mile...and no Essendon supporters are worse...gather them up throw them out of the ground with bans.....thats what id do...

Be a boring day at the footy without passionate rank and file supporters.

Take it back to the source,a free kick to Daicos and it doesn't happen.

4 umpires decided to get their revenue ticket books out and make the league $17,000.

As a result Buddy paid the price,one for being a superstar and the other which most forget is he has probably given away more rough contact free kicks than any other forward in the games history.

Great for the media though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Be a boring day at the footy without passionate rank and file supporters.

Take it back to the source,a free kick to Daicos and it doesn't happen.

4 umpires decided to get their revenue ticket books out and make the league $17,000.

As a result Buddy paid the price,one for being a superstar and the other which most forget is he has probably given away more rough contact free kicks than any other forward in the games history.

Great for the media though.

Guys arriving at BKK international airport and leaving there brains behind as they grab a cab mr, same same at the footy, fans living there brains in the beer fridge before going out...

Now i was a victim at the footy a few times, you know little old ladies...hitting me on the head with un  umbrella etc, well i didnt just hang it on one person...no sir i was doing a running commentary heavy one side ..no no no personalities involved.....if i can do it so can anyone....

Look i watch the footy with the sound turn down, Sandy left a lasting impression.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Guys arriving at BKK international airport and leaving there brains behind as they grab a cab mr, same same at the footy, fans living there brains in the beer fridge before going out...

Now i was a victim at the footy a few times, you know little old ladies...hitting me on the head with un  umbrella etc, well i didnt just hang it on one person...no sir i was doing a running commentary heavy one side ..no no no personalities involved.....if i can do it so can anyone....

Look i watch the footy with the sound turn down, Sandy left a lasting impression.....

Human behaviour,i'm surprised Collingwood's Ceo,coach and captain left their press release not condoning it till after the game.

Sydney as well,after all they make public announcements during the breaks in a game.

Car registration nobanter at the footy,you have left your lights on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Will27 said:

Can't believe JVR didn't get off.

Reckon Melbourne will appeal it.

They said yesterday they would...seen today upheld heading...no need to feed the machine that is bringing the game into disrepute....means i didn't bother to read it...

Eyes rolling in socket....and the guy he knocked over will play this weekend tooooooooo so it was a hard hit hey?

Never mind...the AFL made the king now they want to tear him down...were playing against 20 every week from now on........Oh la la.......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Human behaviour,i'm surprised Collingwood's Ceo,coach and captain left their press release not condoning it till after the game.

Sydney as well,after all they make public announcements during the breaks in a game.

Car registration nobanter at the footy,you have left your lights on.

Franklin has got dirty now as time has passed, but he still is a freak, like he would be the best player ever right behind Lethal Lee....who was a classic low rider tank...Look Fj it just goes to show you the level of intelligence that exists in the world in 2023....world war 3 then 4 then 5 are just around the corner.....i have 2 bottles of good quality whiskey in the pantry for when it starts and gets close....i be down on Jomtien beach at midnight with the bottles and a couple of packs of sleeping pills...good bye cruel world....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Magoo's AFL review for round 9 on a Thursday because i will be busy on Friday.....

What did we learn last week?That the AFL are looking to bring down the Demons they made us now there finish with us, stitching up JVR for 2 weeks, anyone look at that kids face? sweet as apple pie, the type of kid you would want your daughter to date, like the guy he took down while having eyes on the ball the whole time is expected to play this weeknd if not its not then nothing more than his pride was hurt....Poor old grandad....oh la la......Other wise it was a week of expected expectations binging reached, week 9 already, half way bearing down.....soon it's the business side of the season, certainly that red and blue lot can improve...there difficult to watch you know...maybe they learned from last year to hold some back and it certainly looks like there holding a lot back, very few are anything like in form, like May....hes totally put off of sorts, no run from him or charging up and hitting the ball for 6 sort of thing, they still haven't learned to kick to a lead up forward, talk about bang it in, not much point in getting inside 50 more than the other side if you cant pu t it through the sticks...luck is certainly on our side with the draw......if we cant Finnish within the top 3 on the back of it well....Mr Magoo you done it again.....

Tigers and Cats at the G.....well it was nice to get a win hey? the purrs are just fine, like the new Pixel flip....for a cool $US1790 you could be the new trendy guy on the block...i must admit i use too love my Nokia flip, checked out the Samsung flip and fold here locally the other day while wandering around looking for printer ink...there a bit big for your pockets men...ok for females who have hand bags and thats the story for the Tigers...bit to big...bit to polished, bit better than your 5000 oppo....

Pitiful Eagles and Suns at Optus......Well didnt they run us to the wire....but then again were terrible when it comes to killing someone, yeah maybe the Suns have moved up in pecking order but really a team with aspirations of playing in that last weeknd in september should have put them away well before the last quarter, Eagles in with a chance, Suns often dont put two in a row and there a long way from home, maybe not so pitiful......i think there a sniff in it....

Out of form Swans and *#@**Freo in Sydney.....Freo killed my chance of getting 9 last weeknd and i think i would have ended up with a pollywaffle too with the lowest margin....<deleted> you Freo...hope you get thrashed....i dont know why i dont like them......i only like their first round picks they keep giving us....

hahaha North and Port in Tassie.....Hope you got better things to do on the farm when this game is on Fj....

Hawks and Demons on the G......well you would think i would have better things to do to but like i keep telling you Demons are good value to watch as they keep the other team in it like forever, pretty sure no exceptions here, we will muddle along kicking long into the big 50 arch and watch it slip out all 2.5 hrs of the game...Maybe Bennie Brown will get a game since they murdered glamour boy JVR, if so then im expecting a few goals....It looks like there holding big Tom back to around round 15 when he will come back all fired up as he knows he will be up for trade if he dont produce...Simon plz note...Tom Petty playing half forward isnt really working and hes form is kinda poo....a few weeks along side Tom could do the trick, actually i got a list of guys who could use a few weeks at Casey....You know the worst thing about winning the premiership in September is you dont get to enjoy the lead up to it...we should start with the premier ship then play the season knowing you won it...like if we won it this year i can tell you its been a miserable run so far...im not enjoying the..... well sometimes i have to close my eyes while watching them on the 85 inch... 

Lions and chubby cheeks Bombers at the Gabba....More misery to be heeped upon that Windy Hill crowd and i just love it......did i tell you...17 years straight we didnt win there....even our centreman once got his foot in a hole on that god dam ground and twisted his angle...can you believe? Simon Eisold he was...

Lazy Blues and Dogs at marvel......I feel sorry for Voss....they have the Demon syndrome....after years and years of success they will wander the deserts of Israel, another 20 ys to go...

Crows here we go and were waiting Saints in Adelaide.....Cracker jacker, big Tex is the man....if he steps up look out.......

Pies and Giants at the G......yawn......Pies making history they say, new era of not having a ruckman they say, well i dont know what Cox is then...i recall them short Tesdales and a taller Stynes rewriting the books too...you know the press just haven't got anything to write about, as for my team...lets get it clear, Grundy is a ruckman who takes marks around the ground and is no slouch down low as well, Gawn is such that he can play a key forward role as well as ruck and also no slouch on the ground, neither is quite like old Jimmy but there not to far away either and having one in the centre of the ground while the other bounds forward or reverse gives us a telling factor when the business side of the season comes along...mark my words here...

• Like 2

Thrown out..... unfortunately Bennie stays in the two's....along with Big Tom and joining them will be Jordan and id would have added 5 more.......now a new scandal..... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-12/daniel-hayes-supreme-court-writ-mark-heaney/102328968 the brothers have discovered the Australian legal system...well the coach has a recored so its possible that it could be true....nice and juicy story here for you men...

Just want the Demons need to take prising eyes off there slump and some heat of Al and Fang...

51 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Thrown out..... unfortunately Bennie stays in the two's....along with Big Tom and joining them will be Jordan and id would have added 5 more.......now a new scandal..... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-12/daniel-hayes-supreme-court-writ-mark-heaney/102328968 the brothers have discovered the Australian legal system...well the coach has a recored so its possible that it could be true....nice and juicy story here for you men...

Just want the Demons need to take prising eyes off there slump and some heat of Al and Fang...

You're sitting second on the ladder.

I wish we had a slump like that.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

TIGERS win.

I lost yet another appliance from my home as I bet on the Cats. Damn. 

One thing for sure, definitely, 100pc Essendon will beat Tigers next week. 

I put my Dyson vacuum on it.

Thai women will love a rich farang like you that likes to gamble mr, just hand over the wallet and leave it to your woman..........well Hardasnut knows a few things.....im thinking he could reinvent himself easy....maybe Pert should move on the man....im all for a change...

• Haha 1

Well Peeps

That's it for round 9.

FJ continues his good form by picking 8.

He gets the Cadbury Caramello bars this week.

He also has stormed up the ladder to 2nd place.

Until next time.

image.png.f1ac9c5aa54c4da01dfc2ed9f25a3203.png

• Thanks 1

Who is the "nicest" AFL coach?

If you're looking for someone who is always positive then its got to be Simon Goodwin...ive come to admire how he never lets you into the back of his mind....Would make a good politician by the way, uses 30 words when 15 will do and we got no wiser...

This subject came to my mind last night when watching Clarkson take another swipe at Mitchell i think...mind you Mitch is quite balanced and seems not to get drawn into things....so is Al Clarko vindictive? i think he would be a little...loosing his cool over being moved from previous position then the scandal with Fang has made him bitter....He is going to fail at North....it's written in the stars, we seen it a million times, 4 years in not much further ahead sacked and next guy gets the credit....I dont see any revolution going on at North...at least when the hero Swan took over us we stopped leaking easy goals...

Tassie footy ground....let's make it clear.....it's for sure under budgeted, @around 35,000 might be a bit small, yes i know there are only 15 AFL fans in Hobart, but people form Melb like to go there for the weekend...better than Adelaide i might add...I thought i was in a Bogart movie Casablanca when getting off the plane there once.....well there is movement about trying to kill it off.....so what happens if Labour get in, will they renege on there promise? What do i think? i think it should be built why? they need it thats why, think its the one, that North Hobart ground the AFL clubs play at, walked past it a few times, reminded me of the Fitzroy Brunswick st football ground....nothing wrong with that, maybe 400m could bring it up, in a heavily residential area, give them the option of bulldozing a few hundred victorian houses for a car park no? 

Wayne Carey has a youtube channel, The Truth Hurts...learned that he was on a Million a season last couple of years at North....now we know why he dont have a job...i like listening to him, doesn't gloss it up..... https://www.youtube.com/@WayneCareyTruthHurts you might get a laugh that hes been a devoted face moisturiser since a teen...says its kept him youthful...

Gawn and side kick's podcast has hit new lows gone to once a fortnight and i can see why, totally boring, Angus's humour is the modern version of Monty Python and i never got into them...tuned out and off....good footballer but...

• Like 1

Fridays funnies on Thursday as im away tomorrow till sunday....

So what did we learn last round....we learned Clarkson has stood down from coaching North, so it's a bigger job that expected, well the truth is the allegations from a time before the kundalini was made, hence the foot in mouth of recent times....Ratten takes charge for now...well round 9 went to plan except for the Cats...and Swans...Crows are hunsum men again...and Hardwick reinvents himself....

Port vs Demons.....Friday night horror movie.....etching out of my brain...horror movie....Skyhooks...recall them...well the way the Demons butcher the ball last few weeks its horror time....havent beaten anyone....inflated egos sitting number 2....oh dear ho my Mr Magoo.....

North vs Swans.....I will never forget whats his name....was a movie a long long time ago....something Reed was the star were he turns up for work with an axe and chops up his desk...North already threw the baby out a while ago....good chance to bounce back from 2 weeks in a coma...bringing the axe to Melbourne for the game....

Dogs vs Crows....oh oh oh....santa clause is coming to town....Tex and his men can do no wrong, all the hurt of years ago is long gone.....her we go go go.....

Hawks vs Eagles.....words escape me.....even a vision...so they're both Nissan's forgotten relics of a past...flip your dustbin lid here for a winner fellas....should be exciting like watching two flies walk up your wall...

Freo vs Cats......well i wouldnt want to be playing the Cats the week after a smashing...no sir....

Lions vs Suns......Battle of the sunshine state blow inns....could be a turn up here, the gold and red team do play 4 quarters these days and have a hard nose to the ball attitude...pick them at your peril...

Bombers vs Tigers.......well the new kids might think they did there bit last week and live of it for few weeks....but i trust Hardwick to have them rounded up and centred, reinventing the wheel there been moving to shaking the tree....Peter Gabriel...

Blues vs Pies......Smash Mouth what song they have? well smashed in the mouth for sure, hey Vossey?talk about a bunch of lads that look like a vanilla slice and are custard inside...

Giants vs Saints.... nice way to bounce back onto the winning list....not sure Gaints will do much this year...they're 5 minute fling with fame has come and gone...Fame, David Bowie, a personal best for me....

So there you go...a laboured affair from me today normally i do this in the morning when still fresh, went to see the doc for a health certificate so i can apply for a bike licence...decided to get my 6 week nagging virus checked out...as suspected Long Corvid...its pretty good...normaly i feel like the Hawks and North from around 12 to 7 before and after im fine well fine enough some days even feel normal...others a walk around Big C will put you in bed for a nap for a few hours...ho and im feeling the heat often....living in Au you get use to putting up with stuff as the Docs wont give you anything as you need to be nearly dead to get penicillin these days happy to report that the Thai custom of you walking out with a bag of goodies is alive and well...cheap too....

• Like 1

Gents

That's it for another crap round of footy.

For me anyway????

Chooks continues on his good form by picking the card.

Needless to say, he get the Aero bars for this round.

Until next week.

image.png.03a44c998094360b3c69d3c80f0970f9.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Can I borrow someone's vacuum please.

We can start the ex premiers club from champions to hasbeens in 3 easy steps....i have 2 by the way one is new was 3000 but you can have for 2999 if i was Thai but im Aussie so half price still in the box...was pro mo with my and Wills 85inch telly deal...well he got the sound bar..i wasnt offered that....i got choice or microwave or vacuum cleaner...

Time to head on down to the pharmacy Billy and get yourself some Prozac that will see you good till October......you can take it from me it wont get better soon and likely to go on for years....im still suffering even after a flag so that goes to show you the physiological  scars how deep they goo...

Ho hope you didnt watch that poor excuse for Leeds last night....

• Like 1

Good career move by Hardwick actually, rest up and back stronger with a new 5 year deal elsewhere  start of next season that will set him up for life...

Hinkley should do the Ross Lyon thing and jump ship end of season, a few clubs would be lining him up if he wants to move.....if i was Kenny unless my manager got me a 5 year deal iron clad 100% guaranteed id be on the move....

Now who would be looking for coaches......Tigers of course.....Hinks would do well there.....WCE the love affair of a flag 100 years ago is waning fast...Demons....let's face it if Simon bombs again in September he would have to be on tender hooks...put an arrow through him now i say.....Swans? its getting tired hearing the same old same old...out of left field...Dogs anyone?

My sneaky mind says Hardwick if he comes back....Port...

• Like 2

Rumour mill working over time...you heard it here first.....Adam Simo Simpson wont last the season.....depending on when they pull the trigger James Hird and Brett Ratten in the frame....2 highly experienced coaches........

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Rumour mill working over time...you heard it here first.....Adam Simo Simpson wont last the season.....depending on when they pull the trigger James Hird and Brett Ratten in the frame....2 highly experienced coaches........

I'm fragile enough Uncle Alex.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr Magoo's round 11 AFL review.....as im a bit busy next few days trying to procure a motor bike licence that im guaranteed to acquire i was told handing over my money, you have to love how they do things in Thailand...

Swans vs Blues....whats this? how the brave have fallen...you wouldnt give Longie and mob a passing glance they way there been moving....Blues? disarray, was thinking i might pick them this week when the board of the Blues starting coming out and duck shoving....no direction known....Boy Dylan...poor Voss...you have to feel for him......meanwhile that rude China guy in the outlet store today hope he gets run over by a songtell...first he and his 2/10 mrs clog up the isle...then gets himself in front of where im heading then later barges in as im paying for my goods with 20 questions...ahhh......i did casually say something at one point that was....ummm sarcastic but i think it fell on deaf ears...well you do need something between the ears to actually know whats going on...you could imagine whats its like there in China......feeding chickens time all day and night every day and night.....no minot going there under any circumstances...

Saints vs hawks....Chooks still dancing on air....it's a nice feeling to not be near the bottom....sorry Billy...nothing changes this weekend, Hawks had their little hoo harr...back to the grind.....

Demons vs Freo...well i can say with pleasure Slackie Hunter is out, what a poor excuse for an AFL footballer, ive kept my tongue in cheek long enough, his efforts are that of a god dam school boy playing with the older blokes....no penetration with his kicks, like 35 m is it...hand balls go everywhere, tackles...hahaha, most dont shrugged off like a toothless alligator...no wonder the Dogs have been traveling better...to think he is keeping Jordan and Bradshaw off that wing...well all i can say is i half expected to get done like a dinner last week...but....BUT it hardly rains in September men...them 3 to 4 goals and there 4 to 10 marks normally taken by Max and Brodie not to mention some good ground stuff all missing last week in the swimming pool that was Adelaide oval not to worry, its about getting better odds going into the second half of the season....less said about how good you are the better as we have some soft scalps at Demonland...Oliver out, im looking forward to something different...looking forward to ripping the Dockers up....

Cats vs Gaints.....yes well they lost 3 on the trott last time too.....so you dont know right? so who's turning up this week? I feel better now at least we won the first 10 games last year before getting swallowed up by the premiers hole...

Suns vs Dogs....wolf wolf...time for them to loose one...time for Dewi to win one...the talk around the league is Dew will be out end off season....another possible for that Eagles job...

Eagles vs Bombers.....Its deafening.....Eagles dont come out and squash speculation that Simpson days are numbered....James Hird would be a good fit....i wont mention the obvious Billy....Dewi.....well hes got the Suns up a bit....forget Hardwick...id say he will take next year off too...Buckley....ummm mmm no..looks like he could still run around in the seniors....Goodwin? yes plz....Ratten..did well last week....Blues Saints now North...Eagles? of course....wait....your ex full forward whats his name? gets mentioned every time the Eagles vacancy comes up....Fj is free if you can get him off speed and out of the Phillipines...

Tigers vs Port....Tigers have been projecting up, sad to say thats likley to now hover for a while before the decent into oblivion...Ken should think about his future and take the next decent job offered to him, but we know all coaches love there players and think there got unfinished business untill someone like Koch comes up and says fare thee well brother...

Pies vs North.....% booster, though Ratten will firm as a fav for flying west if he can get under a 15 point loss...

• Like 1

Well Peeps

That's it for a huge round of upsets.

Scea and FJ both did really well to get 5.

The Cherry Ripes go to FJ however for being closest to the pin.

The bye round starts next week.

Until then.

image.png.af83ba4c7a271362c07e51189fcd1975.png

• Like 1