Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Lack of interest here in Fantasy except from me cause I'm still alive....good game grant, but you would have got blown away if the Dees had of hmmmm performed better, Chooks and myself get the week off, yes chooks was looking down the barrel, the guys got more lives than a cat, 19 straight wins but your starting to look rather colliwobblie mate.

Jo vrs Rip winner to play me, Grant to play CJ who's given up so good luck your going to need it cause you will face Chooka who will be going for 20 straight wins.

• Like 1

Will27 I thought you would have picked West Coast.

Mr Smith a great last 3 weeks 888

Was thinking with my head and not my heart.

Thought the loss of Nic Nat, Lecca and McLovern would be too much.

That will teach mefacepalm.gif

• Like 2

Will27 I thought you would have picked West Coast.

Mr Smith a great last 3 weeks 888

Yeah I was thinking the same as Will, but, Rossy employing his infamous tanking techniques to ensure first week of finals will be in the West for the top 4.

Seems this week wasn't too hard to pick after all :P

• Like 2

Based on what they've been giving, I thought it would be 2 down to 1.

Not that I think it's right. Forget early pleas etc, was worth 2.

You virtually have to kill someone these days to get more than 2.

The thing that saved him, was that Parker bounced straight back up.

If Parker stays down, gets carried off and subbed with concussion he would've gotten 3.

That's the problem, the MRP is looking too much at the outcome rather than the intent I think.

The MRP's been consistent at being inconsistent...

There's no way that it was in the same school as Cinderella belting Edwards in the marking contest. Surely it had to be intentional and high contact. Though given Parker jumped straight back up probably saved him, much like it did Buddy a month or so ago...

They'll come out next week and say that they got it wrong. Pathetic. I was taking the piss when I said he'd get 1 week, but really, when you see that Cooney got a week for his cheap shot on Cognilio. Silvani won't have any issues despite getting directed straight to the Tribunal.

Agree it looks like you have to kill someone to get more than 3 weeks.

If Parker stays down, gets carried off and subbed with concussion he would've gotten 3.

That's the problem, the MRP is looking too much at the outcome rather than the intent I think.

There's no way that it was in the same school as Cinderella belting Edwards in the marking contest. Surely it had to be intentional and high contact. Though given Parker jumped straight back up probably saved him, much like it did Buddy a month or so ago...

They'll come out next week and say that they got it wrong. Pathetic. I was taking the piss when I said he'd get 1 week, but really, when you see that Cooney got a week for his cheap shot on Cognilio. Silvani won't have any issues despite getting directed straight to the Tribunal.

I reckon Silvagni will get 4.

Not sure if he can get a discount from the tribunal.

Masten's biting charge is a worry thoughfacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Silvagni has to go for at least 3 u would think

Silvagni has to go for at least 3 u would think

The good news, for everyone, is that Cripp's jaw is not broken.

I reckon he will get 4 minimum.

Not that he's a loss for Freo.

McPharlin is right for next week as well as Dawson.

• Like 2

This has been added to 9NSM news website.

The Essendon Bombers are reportedly set to part ways with controversial senior coach James Hird.

The Age has reported Hird, who still has a year left on his contract, will be replaced by an interim coach effective immediately.

The newspaper has reported the Essendon board held discussions about Hird’s future last night, with senior club officials increasingly turning on the coach after the Bombers’ massive 112-point loss to Adelaide.

The Bombers have only won five matches this season.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2015/08/18/13/34/Essendon-reportedly-set-to-part-ways-with-James-Hird

This is link to Age story

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-essendon-crisis-club-and-senior-coach-james-hird-part-ways-20150818-gj1noe.html

• Like 1

^ Gone...

TV Rights deal also announced today $2.5 billion over 5 years between Channel 7, Foxtel and Telstra...

Some big money..

Anyone have a wish list for the spending??

Are we likely to see another club or two?

Should there be a club from New Zealand?

^ Gone...

TV Rights deal also announced today $2.5 billion over 5 years between Channel 7, Foxtel and Telstra...

Some big money..

Not going to happen but I'd love to see 6 clubs go, have 12 and play everyone twice.

Won't happen though, the extra dough will keep the struggling clubs going.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Some big money..

Not going to happen but I'd love to see 6 clubs go, have 12 and play everyone twice.

having the 18 plus clubs has benefits in being able to attract more potential players to the game, if the money is there for a career. With League, Union, Cricket, Soccer all drinking from the same pool, i reckon it is good to have as much opportunity available as possible

• Like 1

Some big money..

having the 18 plus clubs has benefits in being able to attract more potential players to the game, if the money is there for a career. With League, Union, Cricket, Soccer all drinking from the same pool, i reckon it is good to have as much opportunity available as possible

I cant see your logic mr bookman, i think they should have stopped at 16, to get new clubs into interstate cities several more melbourne clubs should have moved and they would have eventually once there back was to the wall (Sth Melb & Fitzroy).

Its obvious there isn't enough talent to go around, very big gap between bottom 3 and top 3, not even enough sponsors to go around.

• Like 2

I cant see your logic mr bookman, i think they should have stopped at 16, to get new clubs into interstate cities several more melbourne clubs should have moved and they would have eventually once there back was to the wall (Sth Melb & Fitzroy).

Its obvious there isn't enough talent to go around, very big gap between bottom 3 and top 3, not even enough sponsors to go around.

AFL competes directly with Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Soccer for its playing talent.

The stronger the AFL competition the more money it brings in...the more they have to spend

The more teams they have, the more opportunity for young men to have a well paid career in AFL

The more opportunity and money in AFL, potential talent will choose AFL over the other codes.

The more people come to AFL the more sponsors want to join in

• Like 2

Dont agree....................i just dont......

And the reason i dont agree is....The Brand Australian Rules Football is rock soild, what isnt good about it is that if your not playing finals on a regular basis your almost a basket case, thats where i think something like a conference system would turn it around.

Codes can stand along side of each other, the only code that is going to explode here will be soccer but i dout it will be a threat to ARules, the attraction is seeing Real Madrid play in Melbourne, the opportunity to play overseas,for your country, when your 12 and your about to choose your sport your not thinking i could be the next Ranaldo and earn 350,000$ a week because if you were choosing the sport you play against the money you could earn Tennis would be up there big time.

No mate the kids play the game they like, soccer and rugby have salary caps too, Look at the US sport, basketball soccer baseball and football all coexist, what ARules needs is to create more winners within a season.

• Like 1

Dont agree....................i just dont......

And the reason i dont agree is....The Brand Australian Rules Football is rock soild, what isnt good about it is that if your not playing finals on a regular basis your almost a basket case, thats where i think something like a conference system would turn it around.

Codes can stand along side of each other, the only code that is going to explode here will be soccer but i dout it will be a threat to ARules, the attraction is seeing Real Madrid play in Melbourne, the opportunity to play overseas,for your country, when your 12 and your about to choose your sport your not thinking i could be the next Ranaldo and earn 350,000$ a week because if you were choosing the sport you play against the money you could earn Tennis would be up there big time.

No mate the kids play the game they like, soccer and rugby have salary caps too, Look at the US sport, basketball soccer baseball and football all coexist, what ARules needs is to create more winners within a season.

Kids are influenced to play a game they can try and where there are opportunities. The more opportunities you present people, the more will take the opportunities.

Look at the Jack brothers for Sydney. Their father was an AUstralian rep for Rugby League.

Offer well paid career opportunities and you get more talent.

Australia can't support all its codes. League and Union are the two most likely to suffer talent drain.

You cannot compare the US market with Australia. 300 million population versus 22 million

• Like 1