Should I include my girlfriends bank statements for tourist visa

6 hours ago, rasg said:

As long as you choose a realistic length of time for the holiday.

Are you sure she will be allowed to close her stall for a few weeks and find it is still available when she gets back? Sorry. Just looking at the potential problems.

A while back I checked out something similar local to me and they wanted somebody there all the time. Every day, seven days a week and I had to abandon the idea as the staff costs would have been too much. A lot of these places have a waiting list of stallholders.

I will be applying for 1 month visa , like I said before we I’ll pay the year upfront to show we have reason to return we will also get a letter from the market owner stating thy are happy for my gf to go on holiday and that the stall will be there when she returns . My gf has a good relationship with the market people so should be fine to get these letters . 

I applied for and got this visa for my GF. You are better to show she has no money. If she has no money and knows nobody in UK she cannot abscond. I booked everything in advance. Plnes, hotels, car hire, shows etc. I also proved a long standing relationship with pictures and letters from family and friends. I also wrote a guarantee letter that I would meet all her costs and ensure her return to Thailand. We showed her bank account with her monthly wages going in and as quickly dissapearing. I showed that I had enough funds in Thailand and UK. She was shown on the house book of my owned condo. I copied deeds and house book

(translations to english)

A word of warning. I saw a very beautiful girl at the office when I went to pick up the visa. She worked in a good job for the government and had a lot of money in the bank and her own condo. She just wanted a holiday in UK and see some friends. She was refused.she said she was staying with friends) If she knows anyone Thai there you will not suceed. Possible threat of absconding. I had spent over £7,000 on that holiday going to Ireland

(Repblic) too, which a UK visa allows. If you book in advance then you take a chance, so make sure it is airtight. I did not use an agent. 

The main thing you have to show is a long standing genuine relationship. If you feel you cannot do that , then "don't apply as you will not suceed"! And waste money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

But if shes coughed up a years rent in advance that should negate it.

I've done this four times, cannot remember them ever wanting to see HER bank statements, mine sure but not hers. Also two of the 6 month visas we used every single day of the 6 months - didn't go against us for the next one. I asked the immigration officer about this as you hear this a lot (when I knew I would never need another) and he said providing the visa was stuck to, ie no overstay and the application was correct, it was fine.

Regarding communications - they want to see evidence you've been communicating so you have to hand over WhatsApp/Line conversation in bulk so might be an idea to stop the sex texting now ????

And can I ask what her reason to return to Thailand  was ? 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My G.F is now on her second visit too the U.K., no job no money in the bank, I provided evidence I was supporting/sponsoring her on both applications.

And what was her reason to return ? And how long you been together ? 

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

I applied for and got this visa for my GF. You are better to show she has no money. If she has no money and knows nobody in UK she cannot abscond. I booked everything in advance. Plnes, hotels, car hire, shows etc. I also proved a long standing relationship with pictures and letters from family and friends. I also wrote a guarantee letter that I would meet all her costs and ensure her return to Thailand. We showed her bank account with her monthly wages going in and as quickly dissapearing. I showed that I had enough funds in Thailand and UK. She was shown on the house book of my owned condo. I copied deeds and house book

(translations to english)

A word of warning. I saw a very beautiful girl at the office when I went to pick up the visa. She worked in a good job for the government and had a lot of money in the bank and her own condo. She just wanted a holiday in UK and see some friends. She was refused.she said she was staying with friends) If she knows anyone Thai there you will not suceed. Possible threat of absconding. I had spent over £7,000 on that holiday going to Ireland

(Repblic) too, which a UK visa allows. If you book in advance then you take a chance, so make sure it is airtight. I did not use an agent. 

The main thing you have to show is a long standing genuine relationship. If you feel you cannot do that , then "don't apply as you will not suceed"! And waste money.

We have been together 17 months so by the time we apply it’ll be at least 20months and we have so many photos on eBay and some watts app messages as we both hit new phones so lost a lot but we can prove 100% on Facebook and flights, hotels and that , that match up to the fb pics and posts . 

What was her reason to return to Thailand ? 

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

(Repblic) too, which a UK visa allows.

I would be very surprised if that was the reason she was refused. I've spoken to a lot of Thai people my wife knows in the least few years who have had visas refused or know people who have had visas refused and they will tell you all kinds of reasons why the visas were refused. I have always asked to see the refusal notice if they want my help and those reasons in the letters are rarely what I was told.

A Thai national with a UK visit visa does need a visa for Ireland but if you are in Northern Ireland and drive into Ireland there is nobody to stop you.

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/thailand/our-services/visas/visas-for-ireland/

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

For her job and family (though family alone and especially children is NOT a good enough reason on its own) - UK immigration don't value the thai family bond highly ! Like its better in the UK I don't think !

That is because so many Thai women work away from their family and kids and send money home. My own wife had her first son back in 2002 and was back at work in Saraburin within a month. 

On the first application we had been together 3 years, I didn’t have any What’s App conversations etc, I copied all my journeys to Thailand from my Passport.

This is part of my first Sponsors, I have posted this in the past,

The reasons that can be given for guaranteeing someone will not overstay in the U.K.is that they own property/land and be in employment in their home country, xxx has neither. The main reason xxx will return to Thailand is she has no funds as can be seen on the Application Form. I fund xxx and our son for everything and under no circumstances would I fund her to stay illegally in the U.K., she has no family or friends in the U.K. either who could fund her.
The other reasons xxx  will return to Thailand are, she possesses deep Thai values and very strong Family ties. Given the length of our relationship in Thailand, over 3 years I would suggest it is highly unlikely she would do anything to jeopardize our relationship or my financial support plus she has our son Anuwat to care for.
I would also say that her character is such that there are no circumstances where she would wish or want to remain in the U.K. illegally at the end of her visit. I will be accompanying xxx and our son on her visit here and back.   

A little bit off topic, but relevant anyway.

How do the 'foreigners' who appear on BRITAIN's Got Talent get a Visa to 'work' in UK. Short term initially for the auditions, and then possibly long term if they impress the judges. 

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

How do the 'foreigners' who appear on BRITAIN's Got Talent get a Visa to 'work' in UK. Short term initially for the auditions, and then possibly long term if they impress the judges. 

The Visa says you are not allowed too work as well ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

There are quite a few categories of visa. A Tier 1 visa is for somebody of exceptional talent. Does anybody on BGT fall into that category?????

https://visaguide.world/europe/uk-visa/

No work allowed on a visit visa and if an employer is caught allowing a visit visa holder to work, if I remember it's a £10k fine for each person.  

Edited by rasg

6 minutes ago, rasg said:

There are quite a few categories of visa. A Tier 1 visa is for somebody of exceptional talent. Does anybody on BGT fall into that category?????

https://visaguide.world/europe/uk-visa/

No work allowed on a visit visa and if an employer is caught allowing a visit visa holder to work, if I remember it's a £10k fine for each person.  

That's OK, Simon Cowell can afford it.

10 hours ago, roo860 said:

The UK does not have the same requirements as Canada, no face to face interview, applications are dealt with in India, not Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

UK visitor visas are done through VSF who will forward to the UK Embassy. I would be very surprised if the is no interview for the OP case. https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/tourist-short-stay-visas

UK visitor visas are done through VSF who will forward to the UK Embassy. I would be very surprised if the is no interview for the OP case. https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/tourist-short-stay-visas

When was the last time you sponsored a UK visa application?

Ps. I've sponsered two successful ones.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, RBOP said:

My Thai wife has had two visit visas, one marriage visa and one FLR visa for the UK and she has never been interviewed. Are you surprised now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The Visa says you are not allowed too work as well ?

It is a tourist/holiday visa for that purpose. If found to be working the visa holder can be sent home and as I pointed out in an earlier post, the employer will pay heavy penalties.

I’m not sure of the relevance of VFS in your post, they take no part in the decision making process, you may well be very surprised if there is no interview, but roo is spot on, applicants aren’t interviewed by the UKVI, VFS or anybody else as part of their application.
  • Like 1

When we first applied 2 years ago the decision was made in Thailand, I put all the info in a decent A4 Folder which they took from us and mailed back with the Passport, they didn’t really check the documentation.

The last one in January in a similar A4 Folder with all the documentation, this time prior to going into the room to submit the documentation it was checked outside, some stuff was returned which they deemed not necessary even though it was the same as the last Visa application.

The reason for all the checking was all documentation is scanned and forwarded to India where I believe the decision is made now.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, rasg said:

My Thai wife has had two visit visas, one marriage visa and one FLR visa for the UK and she has never been interviewed. Are you surprised now?

No your case does not surprise me because your married. The OP is not married and wants to being his girl friend for a visit who seems to be young with not much commitment holding her here. Her key point will be commitment to take care of parents and very young brother and a food stall which she will need to show how it will be there when she comes back which I recall the OP already explained. 

On 4/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, theoldgit said:

I’m not sure of the relevance of VFS in your post, they take no part in the decision making process, you may well be very surprised if there is no interview, but roo is spot on, applicants aren’t interviewed by the UKVI, VFS or anybody else as part of their application.

The application is done at VSF. They will forward the fully complete application to UK Embassy who will make a decision and whether or not to call them in for an interview. 

The application is done at VSF. They will forward the fully complete application to UK Embassy who will make a decision and whether or not to call them in for an interview. 
Applicants apply online, applicants can either upload supporting evidence themselves which goes directly to the UKVI or they can take the supporting documents to VFS who will scan them for the applicant and they are sent to the processing centre in Delhi.
Nothing is sent to the UK Embassy and no interview takes place, though as has been pointed out if a decision maker needs to clarify any of the supporting evidence they can arrange for the author to be contacted for clarification.
I’m sorry for laboring your inaccuracies, but members come here for relevant facts, not what some members think should happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

No your case does not surprise me because your married. The OP is not married and wants to being his girl friend for a visit who seems to be young with not much commitment holding her here. Her key point will be commitment to take care of parents and very young brother and a food stall which she will need to show how it will be there when she comes back which I recall the OP already explained. 

We weren't married when my, then, girlfriend, applied for both of the visit visas. The first when we had only known each other for three or four months.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

VfS now appear to be charging for the “scanning service”. Previously free, scanning now appears in the addition services that are pre-paid, along with sms/ems services.

Probably because you can now do it yourself.

I've tried to find the specification of the scans that are required without success. Does anybody know what they are or where I can find the infomation please?