airconditioner not cool after power cut

giddyup

Just now, MeePeeMai said:

My A/C blows warm air from about 1:00 pm till 5:00 pm daily here due to the high temps in my garage where the unit is located (it really is "like an oven" out there).

What's the point of running it if it blows warm air?

On 4/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, giddyup said:

The power was off for about 20 minutes, the aircon kicked back on as soon as the power came back but it was no longer blowing cold. Have tried turning the circuit breaker off, will give it 15 minutes and then I'll try it again.

could be the thermostat, mine did the same last week with power cut and 2 thermostats went kapoute or maybe try to see if the filters are dirty, but if it started, has power but not cold air it was same symptoms as mine and thermo problem

Just now, batata said:

could be the thermostat, mine did the same last week with power cut and 2 thermostats went kapoute or maybe try to see if the filters are dirty, but if it started, has power but not cold air it was same symptoms as mine and thermo problem

Already stated the problem and that it's now fixed.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

All I can do when there's a power cut is turn off the breaker for that aircon and turn back on after power has been restored. 

Sorry to have to tell you this giddyup, but the damage is usually done as soon as the power cut takes place as that is when a surge occurs........a collapsing electrical field actually induces/creates a higher voltage as it collapses and that's what blows the capacitors.

Occasionally something might happen if the power comes on, but it's more likely that the damage will have already been done at the initial brownout/power failure.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What's the point of running it if it blows warm air?

Because it still keeps the temp inside the living room cooler than if I turn it off (I tried that).  I have to use several fans daily from noon till sunset.  

Note: I don't have this problem during the rainy season because it usually rains by early afternoon and the house cools down real quick during a rain.  

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sorry to have to tell you this giddyup, but the damage is usually done as soon as the power cut takes place as that is when a surge occurs........a collapsing electrical field actually induces/creates a higher voltage as it collapses and that's what blows the capacitors.

Occasionally something might happen if the power comes on, but it's more likely that the damage will have already been done at the initial brownout/power failure.

Ah well, just hope the aircon is switched off next time there's a power cut.

4 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Because it still keeps the temp inside the living room cooler than if I turn it off (I tried that).  I have to use several fans daily from noon till sunset.  

Note: I don't have this problem during the rainy season because it usually rains by early afternoon and the house cools down real quick during a rain.  

Sounds to me like the aircon is faulty. The motor for mine is in full sun most of the day, as are many in Thailand, but it still blows cold air.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sounds to me like the aircon is faulty. The motor for mine is in full sun most of the day, as are many in Thailand, but it still blows cold air.

Could be but it is only 2 years old.  Maybe I should have it checked and cleaned. Thanks.

8 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

cleaned

Inside and outside - be sure they power wash the heat transfer fins as when they become grease/dirt covered the cooling becomes much less.  There are sets in both units.