Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Justify the slaughter of millions in the name of Christ. Just because you believe a god created the "something from nothing" scenario, don't make it so. You are just trying to give an explanation for something that is beyond our comprehension.

Anyone claiming God has told them to kill in His name is a liar, for God has already spoken on this matter in His Word (the Bible). 

Violence in the name of religion has been a staple of human history. (Religion isn’t the only cause of violence. The three leading candidates for crimes against humanity in the 20th century—Hitler, Stalin and Mao—weren’t religiously motivated.)

Are you telling me DNA found in humans, animals, sea life, and plant life, which leads a person with an average IQ to see there has to be an intelligent designer, God, is beyond your comprehension?  You have got to be kidding me, lol.  

I am so sorry for anything negative I have ever said to you.  I had no idea you were a low functioning adult.  Hopefully, you have someone who takes care of you.  I suspect a couple of your like minded friends stay at the same nursing home as you.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Great stuff there boss. Golden ladders, golden staircases, golden thrones, golden crowns!!

Is it only Johnny Cash and CMNightRider who knows all this stuff? Fantastic music, but the words!!! He had well lost at the end but, did the original when he was just 30.

Actually, there are an estimated 2.2 billion Christians in the world, which makes Christianity the largest religion on the planet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Anyone claiming God has told them to kill in His name is a liar, for God has already spoken on this matter in His Word (the Bible). 

Violence in the name of religion has been a staple of humay. (Religion isn’t the only cause of violence. The three leading candidates for crimes against humanity in the 20th century—Hitler, Stalin and Mao—weren’t religiously motivated.)

Are you telling me DNA found in humans, animals, sea life, and plant life, which leads a person with an average IQ to see there has to be an intelligent designer, God, is beyond your comprehension?  You have got to be kidding me, lol.  

I am so sorry for anything negative I have ever said to you.  I had no idea you were a low functioning adult.  Hopefully, you have someone who takes care of you.  I suspect a couple of your like minded friends stay at the same nursing home as you.  

For someone who pushes a religious doctrine as much as you do sure  has a very nasty disposition. If this is what your religion teaches you, ie if someone disagrees or refuses to accept what you preach, then they can expect to be insulted and have abuse thrown at them. Not interested in any future discussions with you. So typical of religious zealots, hypocrites all.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Have you figured out the DNA yet?  

No...and neither have you. But geneticists have...and are learning more and solving more everyday. My question is...how is it you seem satisfied resolving complex issues and things you don't understand, with some "thing" even more complex, more unlikely and totally misunderstood? Filling in every gap in scientific knowledge with some imaginary "thing" which no one has any knowledge or understanding is ludicrous. The "god of the gaps" argument is an ignorant fallacy and a sure path to failure.

Even if humans never solve some of the so-called "mysteries of life"...that still brings us (YOU included) no closer to "god" did it. For any "god" to have actually done something...you first have to show evidence that said "thing" even exists. Chok dee with that! ALL "gods" are the Hide-N-Seek CHAMPIONS of the Universe! :cheesy:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Hitler was a christian,

He was a practicing catholic along with the majority of the SS crew. The pope also took a keen interst in develpoments. Wasn't Gorbals chucked out of the church because he married an athiest?

Onward christian soldiers marching off to war. With the cross of Jesus going on before. etc..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The sarcasm was fully deserved imho, I am not religious, yet I'm sick and tired of people blaming religion instead of blaming the murderers who killed in the name of religion. What next, blaming the cars and the trucks for road accidents ?

Who's blaming religion? Not sure what you are on about. Religion has been responsible for a lot of strife in the world, including present day, but this subject is about the (non) existence of a god.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

In 'Son of Sam' the murderer said his dog make him do it. He was a christian i believe.

Son of Sam claimed it was a demon living in his dog making him kill people. Later he confessed that he just made everything up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

In 'Son of Sam' the murderer said his dog make him do it. He was a christian i believe.

The conquest of the Aztecs/Incas/Mayans etc was all done in the name of god (and gold). Either convert or die.

God commands the killing of infants and nursing babies.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

God repays your enemies by destroying their babies.

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

AND IT GOES ON AND ON. And YHWH the AssWpe killed all the first born (except Jews) in The Passover. Let me explain...

image.png.e54cb42086f5da66a88c80307fecb3c7.png

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Thing about humans is- we are so vain that we think we are important and that we are the center of the universe and everything is about us. LOL.

"I think,Sebastian,therefore I am" Priss From Blade Runner.

32 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

God commands the killing of infants and nursing babies.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

God repays your enemies by destroying their babies.

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

AND IT GOES ON AND ON. And YHWH the AssWpe killed all the first born (except Jews) in The Passover. Let me explain...

image.png.e54cb42086f5da66a88c80307fecb3c7.png

Dont lose it now,dont use an example that never happened.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jvs said:

Dont lose it now,dont use an example that never happened.

Um...what?!? MOST of it never happened. That's not the point. This stuff is straight out of the Fundie's (CMNR) "holey" book. The same one he keeps quoting, referring to (many times ignorantly and incorrectly) and threatening eternal torture and damnation. What are you on about? 

34 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Um...what?!? MOST of it never happened. That's not the point. This stuff is straight out of the Fundie's (CMNR) "holey" book. The same one he keeps quoting, referring to (many times ignorantly and incorrectly) and threatening eternal torture and damnation. What are you on about? 

I am on the same page as you ,he will just find another quote out of his book that suits him.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jvs said:

I am on the same page as you ,he will just find another quote out of his book that suits him.

Got it! :thumbsup: And of course you're right, but that ain't gonna stop me! He insists his nonexistent god is all-good and loving, but want him to explain how murdering babies and children fits that description. The apologists are pathetic and :crazy:, but still amusing while flailing and failing. :clap2:

17 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Does this mean you have no idea how humans, animals, sea life, and plant life have such complex DNA?  Do you still think something came from nothing?  

Are humans and sea life not animals?

It has been pointed out a myriad of times that the context of your 'something from nothing' question is entirely erroneous yet you continue with it unabashed. Why is that?

In any case, Dave (Colin) done it and I know it to be true because he told me it is true. Somewhat akin to knowing the Bible is true because it says so in the Bible.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

Does this mean you have no idea how humans, animals, sea life, and plant life have such complex DNA?  Do you still think something came from nothing?  

The ingredients for DNA are found on comets, and millions of comets have struck the Earth since its formation.

https://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta/Rosetta_s_comet_contains_ingredients_for_life 

One thing is for certain, we will all experience a physical death and will all stand before God to be judged on what we did and didn't do with our time on earth.  I would think you would have sleepless nights pondering this thought.  

If you want to ask the question of "Do you still think something came from nothing?" why don't you ask your god where he came from? 

• Like 2

God actually comes from the planet Zork !V in the Greater Spurious Cluster..

One day when trying out his new intergalactic roadster he spotted a smallish pale blue dot on his event horizon,and with the bars closing early on Saturn,he decided to have a little fun....so he zoomed down and announced to the startled multitudes "hi,I am god!" 

" god" meaning slightly blotto in Zorkian.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jvs said:

No it is not and the holly bible is just one of many books written by people.

How can you be so arrogant and ignorant as to think the god you happen to believe in is the only one?

Hold that thought and let us know how it works out for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

He was a practicing catholic along with the majority of the SS crew. The pope also took a keen interst in develpoments. Wasn't Gorbals chucked out of the church because he married an athiest?

Onward christian soldiers marching off to war. With the cross of Jesus going on before. etc..

Being a Christian does not mean being a member of the Roman Catholic Church.  It means being a member of the body of Christ, which is accomplished by faith and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins.  It means you do not add your works to His work.

Sincerity doesn't forgive sins.  Membership in a church doesn't forgive sins.  Doing works of penance doesn't forgive sins.  Praying to Mary doesn't forgive sins.  Forgiveness is received in the faithful trust and acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.  

You must trust Jesus, God in flesh, for the forgiveness of sins--not a man-made ritual and certainly not the catholic saints.  Even though the Roman Catholic Church affirms the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and His physical resurrection, it greatly errors in its doctrine of salvation by adding works to salvation.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

If you want to ask the question of "Do you still think something came from nothing?" why don't you ask your god where he came from? 

If you were to read the Bible, you would already know the answer to this question.  Evidently, you are one of those individuals who believe all living things and the universe came from nothing.  This is why I mentioned common sense in an earlier post.  The natural intelligence that is believed to be available to all rational people.  Unfortunately, not everyone is rational.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elad said:

The ingredients for DNA are found on comets, and millions of comets have struck the Earth since its formation.

https://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta/Rosetta_s_comet_contains_ingredients_for_life 

Lol, and your point is?  Surly you are not suggesting every time a comet hit the earth, some sort of life form came into existence.

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:23 AM, notmyself said:

891.jpg.b451b1f704b4ea2bbb2b95684227fc26.jpg

All at the low price of the surrender your mental facalties. Faith is the word used to discribe the belief in something for no good reason. 

Do you believe in "love". If you do, why? It's no more real than "God", isn't it? A feeling based on nothing more than a chemical reaction to a sexual stimulus triggered by pherenomes, and reinforced by a genetic imperative to reproduce.

IMO love in the romantic sense is as BS as an atheists opinion of god. However, most of the world's population believe in love, sing about it, write books about it, make movies about it and spend most of our lives regretting the choices we made because of it.

I'll admit faith is BS when every person accepts that romantic "love" is BS.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I accept that romantic love is BS.

Both is driven by your brain, aiming for dopamin! Religion and love, pure drugs, and make a man silly, and in worst case crazy and dangerous.

"Unexpected visions can define the most innovative artists, the most divergent philosophers and anyone who finds a sense of ecstasy in the beauty and strangeness of the world"

https://aeon.co/essays/the-dopamine-switch-between-atheist-believer-and-fanatic

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1