Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Internal knowledge is a subjective concept in my opinion,  impossible to be measured concretely.

Hence each one in particular, is free to give his own value to it.

Right presumption, wrong conclusion.

Of course it's a subjective concept and can not be measured like an external knowledge.
That doesn't mean it can't be evaluated using other parameters.
The fact that you can't see those parameters or don't understand them, says absolutely nothing about the value in the words of those masters. 
If you consider your opinion of the same value of i.e. Buddha's teaching....well, I'm sorry, but then I won't waste any more of my time discussing this with you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I don't claim that something which can't be seen, is automatically something which not exist.

I only have problems with the ones claiming that they know better, because they are special, having access / experienced (to) something particular.

Once again here I am not ready to believe someone on his word.

If the case, who is going to determine what is plausible,  who is a fantast,  and who isn't.

You can always imagine it, and then it will become real!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRacer said:

but then I won't waste any more of my time discussing this with you.

Thank you,

I also think it will have no sense.

No sense meaning for me, so far with what you state, it won't change my opinion.

27 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Once again here I am not ready to believe someone on his word.

If the case, who is going to determine what is plausible,  who is a fantast,  and who isn't.

That you can't believe someone on his word, I think that's fair enough.

It's exactly the same for me.

But, having done a little work, for many years, to remove the materialistic dogmas, i can appreciate spiritual experiences of other folks.

Those spiritual experiences might not be identical, but in some cases are very similar.

That said, it depends on your priorities, if you're happy with your vision of reality, you obviously don't need to enlarge your consciousness beyond the purely materialistic aspects.

By the way, I would never be so arrogant to suggest that my truth is the only truth.

In fact, I'm reading all posts here with attention, even if I'm not sure others do the same with my posts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

In fact, I'm reading all posts here with attention, even if I'm not sure others do the same with my posts.

I do, but not always understand them all, some confused me.

(However I see that many of my posts confused others too). 

But your reference to "Le petit caporal" was loud & clear. 

14 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

We are all confused confusers, so no worries ????

somehow Monthy Python pictures comes on my mind again ????

and also a brave claim @mauGR1 to say your truth is not the only truth ????????

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

As I said, it was just a little humour.

By the way, Napoleon, who you described as a dictator, was a visionary, and extremely intelligent man, regarded by many as an enlightened despot, who, with all his defects, was really trying to create a functional European state.

Personally, I try to see the pros and cons in everything.

If you feel insulted by my post, i am sorry, and I'll take notice of that, but don't forget to have a little look at yourself and your attitude.

Oh, and I'm not confused by your posts, but i cannot say more, otherwise you may feel insulted again... God forbid... insulting others is wrong, and a sin, and I am sure it doesn't make me to feel better either !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tagged said:

and also a brave claim @mauGR1 to say your truth is not the only truth ????????

What is the truth ? 

The force of gravity is the truth for a physical body, but not for my consciousness.

So what am i, just a physical body with some electrical impulses, or a consciousness tied to a physical body ?

A simple word like "truth" does in fact contain countless different, and sometimes conflicting meanings.

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

As I said, it was just a little humour.

By the way, Napoleon, who you described as a dictator, was a visionary, and extremely intelligent man, regarded by many as an enlightened despot, who, with all his defects, was really trying to create a functional European state.

Personally, I try to see the pros and cons in everything.

If you feel insulted by my post, i am sorry, and I'll take notice of that, but don't forget to have a little look at yourself and your attitude.

Oh, and I'm not confused by your posts, but i cannot say more, otherwise you may feel insulted again... God forbid... insulting others is wrong, and a sin, and I am sure it doesn't make me to feel better either !

So, I must consider your reference to Napoléon vis a vis myself as his aspect to being visionary and extremely intelligent, not his dictator aspect. 

Come on, you expect I believe that. 

And I have no problem at all with my attitude. 

I don't accept everything another pretend, and consider my opinion what is related to God, gods, creators or whatever as equal value than anybody else. 

I hope finally that you and others get it. 

I will of course accept that you and others have a different idea about it. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

But I do hope that you are aware of the enormity of what you have written. 

That you consider your opinion related to God, gods, creators or whatever as equal value than anybody else. 

Really?  So your opinion is of same value as the first guy, girl or child you come across on the street?  And is of same value as the opinion of those that spend a life-time (or several life-times) pondering the issue?

Hubris disguised as mediocrity (a strange combination)!

Yes,

but I have no problem, you, and others, have a different opinion about it.

Ridicule/breakdown it, why not, if you feel better/superior with it.  

My opinion has an important value in my life,

but I certainly don't want to impose it to others.

Nor do I consider it as superior,

just equivalent in value to someone else one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes,

but I have no problem, you, and others, have a different opinion about it.

Ridicule/breakdown it, why not, if you feel better/superior with it.  

My opinion has an important value in my life,

but I certainly don't want to impose it to others.

Nor do I consider it as superior,

just equivalent in value to someone else one.

It is all about giving life a meaning, and also put everything you do not understand to a rest. Also toying the limits of others sometimes make yourself refelct a bit more while you doing it. And also just for a little giggle Im sure most of us have done here. 

And sersously I do get pictures from Monthy Python to more serious writers and thinkers as I have been following this thread. And last do not underestimate Monthy Python, that is my best tip for today. 

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And last do not underestimate Monthy Python, that is my best tip for today.

Like it.

What puzzled me is the reaction to a post

with a "Haha" and "Confused" emoticon.

Maybe they consider this as the Summum bonum of voicing.

I consider it as  penurious expression.

A personal opinion of course.

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 8:04 PM, CraigInBangkok said:

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want but seems to me that the notion of "god" was invented to keep people in fear. I don't need fear to make me not to be a sh!tty person. 

IMO you are confusing God with religion. They used God to make people go to church and to tithe etc etc etc.

God is above our primitive understanding.

19 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Brave to admit that! 

Can we all relax now when we know we are to stupid to know god, and what god wants? 

That's correct...but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to understand. 

"To know yourself is to know God", ...I can only see advantages in this pursuit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO you are confusing God with religion. They used God to make people go to church and to tithe etc etc etc.

God is above our primitive understanding.

It depends in what definition of god you refer to. More often than not its tied to religion. Personally, I let life take me wherever it takes me. I try to look at myself and my actions and try to be better person. Thats good enough for me. 

16 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

"To know yourself is to know God", ...I can only see advantages in this pursuit. 

Well, it is an confusing challenge, except what we see and know by nature. No need to make it more complex or difficult for our self ???? 

Well I know the desire to know, the urge to search, but I have become viser by the years, and I know, I do not know, and I know I never will, and all I can do, is to comfort myself believing I have found the truth for my self. Quite a relief actually

17 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Trying to understand the unknown is a fair quest.

Many ways are available.

But the so called result  remains a dubiety.

However some appears to be happy with what they found.

Which is good thing for them.

Others not convinced with what was found, are still looking further.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Many ways are available.

There are not that much members who still browse this topic.

However Sunmaster is regularly the one who find my posts confused and/or amusing.

I will try in the future to express my opinions in a way he also understand.

About humor, well we all have a different approach of what is funny.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Many ways are available.

I believe the confused emotion have been misused in this thread, where we are talking about beliefs, religions, and forces way above our heads, and manage to be so rude to use them so often, is quite amusing. Almost a little cute if you ask me ????????????????????

also thinking of we are mostly big thinkers above our best age, and would guess we all are well above 50 eyars old. At least Im 52 now ???? Someone else said he was 72, 

Edited by Tagged

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

There are not that much members who still browse this topic.

However Sunmaster is regularly the one who find my posts confused and/or amusing.

I will try in the future to express my opinions in a way he also understand.

About humor, well we all have a different approach of what is funny.

Glad to see that this time he is not confused, only amused.

There may be a reason :

"A gelastic seizure, also known as "gelastic epilepsy", is a rare type of seizure that involves a sudden burst of energy, usually in the form of laughing. This syndrome usually occurs for no obvious reason and is uncontrollable. It is slightly more common in males than females."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Glad to see that this time he is not confused, only amused.

There may be a reason :

"A gelastic seizure, also known as "gelastic epilepsy", is a rare type of seizure that involves a sudden burst of energy, usually in the form of laughing. This syndrome usually occurs for no obvious reason and is uncontrollable. It is slightly more common in males than females."

I tried with reason, with well defined rational arguments, with logic, with examples...but you wouldn't engage in a serious conversation and they were like water off a duck's back. Furthermore, they got me insults of having a "superiority complex", of "being smug", "condescending" and "haughty" from you.
Now you get all worked up because I reply to your funny or confused posts with funny or confused emoticons? 

There may be a reason:
"Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles."

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Rajneesh God humor.jpg

If I want to, I can claim that Nobody knows what god wanted or what he want. He made rules, and thats what we have to follow. Those rules do not come with any explanation in any other form than example: If you put your hand in to the fire, you will get burnt! If you kill somebody, you will/might be expelled from your society. If you do not prepare for the storm, you might loose everything. Simple as that! The more complexed we make it, the more energy we have, the more time we have, and we have became way above gods intention for what we should have been. 

we are not here to rule the planet as we do for now, and it will not last forever. Nature do

6 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I tried with reason, with well defined rational arguments, with logic, with examples..

Your opinion, I don't agree with.

8 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Now you get all worked up because I reply to your funny or confused posts with funny or confused emoticons?

Your opinion that my posts are funny and confused.

Which shows again the undiscussable : our opinions are totally different. 

• Haha 1