Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

55 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Mother earth created you! Universe we do not know anything about who created or why it is, but people are still making up stories and think they believe the truth. 

I certainly hope you are in a facility that provides care for you.  If not, please contact the expat club and ask for their help.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

What, "Mother Earth," Lol.  I think I may have blown that one.  I pooped in the woods a few times before knowing Mother Earth was in charge of my destiny.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Mother Earth you say, interesting.  So Mother Earth created the Universe, Earth (herself), all plant life, sea life, animals, and us.  Please return to my post and re-read the part about common sense.  You may want to give that one a little thought.  

You're either a dedicated wind-up merchant (troll) or a sadly deluded man... 

Stone me to death because I like a beer, smoke a bit of weed, or maybe I'm gay... But fiddle a couple of kiddies, say sorry & "God is ok with that"?!?!

What kind of fk'd-up world do you live in?

Grow up

Care to share with the class what the Pope (Decent guy if you ask me) has very recently done re: Child sex abuse claims in the Catholic church... No stone to hide under anymore...

Edited by Mike Teavee

50 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

There are simply too many evidences in our world of the validity of the Bible and the existence of God for anyone to take lightly a decision to reject them.  While there are vastly more than these, the following stand out in my own mind, personally.

Science: Consider the instincts of animals--where do they come from?  How can a bird, for example, weave a nest without its parents ever having taught it.  In many cases, the nest builders have never even seen one built by another bird, as is the case in some notable examples like the bower bird that must build a very large nest that will keep the eggs at just the right temperature and humidity for incubation.  Consider, too, the guidance of the small sandpiper that flies to islands near Hawaii from the Aleutian islands in Alaska on barely enough fuel (fat reserves) to make it, and without any bird in the formation ever having made the journey before (the parent birds already preceded them by several weeks' time).  These "instincts" are unexplained by modern science, because chemicals (DNA) don't store information like this.

History: Consider the Chinese language, arguably among the oldest in the world in terms of having a system of writing (Google "oracle bones" for one example).  Some of the Chinese writings are thought to be from 5,000 years ago.  Now, the interesting thing is that the originators of the Chinese characters appear to have known the Bible story well. But the Bible wasn't written yet!  So the story would have to have been known by them experientially, having become part of their history.

Take a look:
⺅    =    Person    
果    =    Fruit
-----------------------        
倮    =    Naked

How would anyone associate "fruit" + "person" with nakedness if they did not know the story of Eve eating the fruit before becoming naked?       

羊    =    Sheep    
我    =    I/me
-----------------------        
義    =    righteous

Without knowing that the righteous of the Bible sacrificed sheep to God, this would make little sense.       

⼝    =    mouth    
八    =    eight
⺝    =    moon/month        
-----------------------        
船    =    ship/boat        
艤    =    to moor a boat to the bank

Notice that adding eight mouths plus month equals a ship, patterned after the first ship, Noah's ark.  Noah was righteous (see the symbol for "righteous" in place of the eight mouths), and his boat safely landed on the bank of a mountain after the flood.  And there just happened to be eight people in the ark.  How did the Chinese know?

So what you’re saying is that the Bible came from Chinese? Seems logical enough.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AsianAtHeart said:

There are simply too many evidences in our world of the validity of the Bible and the existence of God for anyone to take lightly a decision to reject them.  While there are vastly more than these, the following stand out in my own mind, personally.

Science: Consider the instincts of animals--where do they come from?  How can a bird, for example, weave a nest without its parents ever having taught it.  In many cases, the nest builders have never even seen one built by another bird, as is the case in some notable examples like the bower bird that must build a very large nest that will keep the eggs at just the right temperature and humidity for incubation.  Consider, too, the guidance of the small sandpiper that flies to islands near Hawaii from the Aleutian islands in Alaska on barely enough fuel (fat reserves) to make it, and without any bird in the formation ever having made the journey before (the parent birds already preceded them by several weeks' time).  These "instincts" are unexplained by modern science, because chemicals (DNA) don't store information like this.

History: Consider the Chinese language, arguably among the oldest in the world in terms of having a system of writing (Google "oracle bones" for one example).  Some of the Chinese writings are thought to be from 5,000 years ago.  Now, the interesting thing is that the originators of the Chinese characters appear to have known the Bible story well. But the Bible wasn't written yet!  So the story would have to have been known by them experientially, having become part of their history.

Take a look:
⺅    =    Person    
果    =    Fruit
-----------------------        
倮    =    Naked

How would anyone associate "fruit" + "person" with nakedness if they did not know the story of Eve eating the fruit before becoming naked?       

羊    =    Sheep    
我    =    I/me
-----------------------        
義    =    righteous

Without knowing that the righteous of the Bible sacrificed sheep to God, this would make little sense.       

⼝    =    mouth    
八    =    eight
⺝    =    moon/month        
-----------------------        
船    =    ship/boat        
艤    =    to moor a boat to the bank

Notice that adding eight mouths plus month equals a ship, patterned after the first ship, Noah's ark.  Noah was righteous (see the symbol for "righteous" in place of the eight mouths), and his boat safely landed on the bank of a mountain after the flood.  And there just happened to be eight people in the ark.  How did the Chinese know?

Perhaps some might find hard to believe your theory, but i think you are onto something.

Some regard Atlantis, the sunken continent, as a fairy tale, but if you do some research you will find something quite interesting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

You're either a dedicated wind-up merchant (troll) or a sadly deluded man... 

Stone me to death because I like a beer, smoke a bit of weed, or maybe I'm gay... But fiddle a couple of kiddies, say sorry & "God is ok with that"?!?!

What kind of fk'd-up world do you live in?

Grow up

Care to share with the class what the Pope (Decent guy if you ask me) has very recently done re: Child sex abuse claims in the Catholic church... No stone to hide under anymore...

Referring to the Pope or the Catholic religion isn't a very good example of Christianly.  These people don't follow the Bible and use a lot of paganism in their church.  

Unless you are planning on moving to some radical Muslim country, no one is going to stone you for drinking beer, smoking a joint or participating in your man love fantasies.  You may want to consider you own advise but thanks for sharing.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2019 at 2:04 PM, ThaiBunny said:

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God. You don't know your Bible?

Sounds like heresay.... but if there is a god, sure as sheet it’s not a benevolent god

Edited by jany123

55 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Congratulations 

300 pages and 4488 posts! Remarkable number since 44x2 = 88

Holy batcrap Batman.... lotto numbers for sure.

“The meaning of number 88 is that you have prosperity and abundance in your life every single day. ... It's a message of encouragement that your thoughts and actions will lead you to financial abundance and prosperity.”

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I certainly hope you are in a facility that provides care for you.  If not, please contact the expat club and ask for their help

Always interesting to listen to the advice from someone with experience in the field. 

28 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Always interesting to listen to the advice from someone with experience in the field. 

What could possible go wrong? 

Just stated the earth is where we are born, and the nature is absolutely fantastic, and the reason we are!

David Attenborough is one of my favorite heroes. We should listen more to people like him. He also state There might be a god. 

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Referring to the Pope or the Catholic religion isn't a very good example of Christianly.  These people don't follow the Bible and use a lot of paganism in their church.  

Unless you are planning on moving to some radical Muslim country, no one is going to stone you for drinking beer, smoking a joint or participating in your man love fantasies.  You may want to consider you own advise but thanks for sharing.

Care to share a more recognised example of Christianity than the Catholic church!?! - I honestly thought the 2 were synonymous with each other (and I'm not being facetious here, that's what I honestly think/thought but am always happy to learn & be corrected)

The reference to drinking beer & smoking weed comes from a 2pac song (Ghetto Gospel) , the verse goes somewhere along the lines of... 

If I upset you, don't stress, never forget that God isn't finished with me yet

I feel his hand on my brain when I write rhymes, I go blind & let the Lord do his thing

But am I less holy, because I chose to puff a blunt & drink a beer with my homies... 

The reference to "Man Love" is because your religion personally attacks my (Gay) brother....

Funny story,  when he "Came out to me" (whilst walking back from a Christmas Eve drinking session, so actually Christmas day at this point) my exact words were... "It just leaves more rampant totty for us real men", which is a line from Blackadder, probably means nothing to you but was a popular TV show in the UK at that time & I knew my brother would get the joke & more importantly knew it would put him at ease... I know it wasn't easy for him to tell me that

Edited by Mike Teavee
Removed the smart ar5e comment about Advise Vs Advice

55 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Care to share a more recognised example of Christianity than the Catholic church!?! - I honestly thought the 2 were synonymous with each other (and I'm not being facetious here, that's what I honestly think/thought but am always happy to learn & be corrected)

Christians put Jesus first, and follow Him.  Catholics pray to Jesus' deceased mother, Mary, presuming that as she has been declared by them to be a saint, that she lives in Heaven, and as Jesus' mother, she can tell Him what to do.  Whereas Christians learn their doctrines from the Bible, Catholics insert their doctrines into the Bible, and edit the Bible to fit their doctrines.  Catholics consider themselves Christians, but, as Jesus instructed, "if ye love Me, keep my commandments"; and true disciples will seek to follow Jesus, not tell Jesus what to do.

• Thanks 2

I'm certainly no bible expert, but it seems that what the Catholics worship in Mother Mary is no other than the feminine aspect of God, just like the Shekhinah in Judaism or Shakti in Hinduism.

Which brings me to an interesting question...
What gender do you think God is?

I thought ( & again, I mean no offence by this, this is just my understanding) that the whole point of Jesus "coming to earth" was to remind man about God & his Father's kingdom... 

So isn't Christianity sort of like worshipping the Promo-Guy rather than the "Product"... And what does it say in the bible about idolatry, won't the real "God" (Big G) send you to Hell for worshipping another "god" (small g)  

You couldn't make this stuff up (oh wait, somebody did.... a couple of millennia ago) 

PS. My Mum's name is Mary & I do worship her, doesn't make me a Catholic ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee
Removed offensive dig

23 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm certainly no bible expert, but it seems that what the Catholics worship in Mother Mary is no other than the feminine aspect of God, just like the Shekhinah in Judaism or Shakti in Hinduism.

Which brings me to an interesting question...
What gender do you think God is?

Oh come on, you know God is non-binary which makes "Them" a "They" ???? 

Can you believe that "They" is M-W's word of the year for 2019... https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-of-the-year/they

We really are living in the "End of Times"...

Edited by Mike Teavee
Hangover typos

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

The reference to drinking beer & smoking weed comes from a 2pac song (Ghetto Gospel) , the verse goes somewhere along the lines of... 

If I upset you, don't stress, never forget that God isn't finished with me yet

I feel his hand on my brain when I write rhymes, I go blind & let the Lord do his thing

But am I less holy, because I chose to puff a blunt & drink a beer with my homies... 

The reference to "Man Love" is because your religion personally attacks my (Gay) brother....

Funny story,  when he "Came out to me" (whilst walking back from a Christmas Eve drinking session, so actually Christmas day at this point) my exact words were... "It just leaves more rampant totty for us real men", which is a line from Blackadder, probably means nothing to you but was a popular TV show in the UK at that time & I knew my brother would get the joke & more importantly knew it would put him at ease... I know it wasn't easy for him to tell me that

"Life is short. Be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing on the internet with random strangers"
~ Abraham Lincoln ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, luckyluke said:

for you I suppose you will claim it is different, that yours are true. 

Ever been in love? Can you prove it? Was it true or just made up to get her into bed?

Ever been happy? Can you prove it?

Ever been sad? Can you prove it?

Can you even describe to another person how you felt when in love, happy, sad, in a way that they understand your unique experience?

Do you care if others understand your unique experience?

Do I?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

In my opinion you make a difference between your experience with "divinity" and the people for instance who claim to have seen an U.F.O.,it seems you want to pretend that your experience is real but the others ridiculous. 

For me they are similar. 

But that's my opinion but I know that an opinion has no real value. 

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

In my opinion you make a difference between your experience with "divinity" and the people for instance who claim to have seen an U.F.O.,it seems you want to pretend that your experience is real but the others ridiculous. 

For me they are similar. 

But that's my opinion but I know that an opinion has no real value. 

Quote where I said that, as I didn't. I won't hold my breath waiting.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Quote where I said that, as I didn't. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Pretty sure that you wrote you were offended because I posted that, for me, your belief was for me similar to the ones who believe in the tin foil hat theory. 

So I extrapolated from that that you are convinced that your believe is real and the other faiths are ridiculous. 

If I am wrong in my thinking, and you are also have the opinion, as myself, that every belief must be considered as similar(not one real and the other ridiculous) just post it here please. 

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought ( & again, I mean no offence by this, this is just my understanding) that the whole point of Jesus "coming to earth" was to remind man about God & his Father's kingdom... 

So isn't Christianity sort of like worshipping the Promo-Guy rather than the "Product"... And what does it say in the bible about idolatry, won't the real "God" (Big G) send you to Hell for worshipping another "god" (small g)  

You couldn't make this stuff up (oh wait, somebody did.... a couple of millennia ago) 

PS. My Mum's name is Mary & I do worship her, doesn't make me a Catholic ???? 

Christians who use the Bible as the foundation of their worldview believe Jesus was God made flesh, to intercede for humans and give them a path back to God, despite their sins.

So not the promo guy, the savior.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

If I am wrong in my thinking, and you are also have the opinion, as myself, that every belief must be considered as similar(not one real and the other ridiculous) just post it here please. 

Yes, you are completely wrong, and you know it.

Some people get happiness from cheating others, other people get happiness from helping others.

But for you they are similar, really ?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

definitely i think you are short of a couple of pennies.

An opinion. 

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, if your opinion is that every belief is similar, 

I note your arrogance (not uncommon with believers) claiming that your opinion has more value than mine.