Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Im also interested in religion and science, but more learning and observer, than anything else. 

Same as me then.

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

There is nothing wrong to be interested in truth, but there is far fetced to state the truth, discuss the truth, and just be an believer with your own personal experience of the truth. Your truth!

Perhaps you could be so kind to admit that everyone has a slightly different idea of what is the truth, including yourself. The problem is to discern what is true for everyone, and what is true just for yourself.

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The book religions have their common solid ground exactly in the written word, but the most these days tend to bend their religion to their own benefits and purpose, and still call themselves a believer. 

Don't worry too much about other people, help yourself it's what it counts.

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

It is an endless discussion with no answers except every people need something, and everyone needs to get accept for their personal belief, and at that moment it is not personal anymore. 

Im quite surprised Im still here posting here!

I am interested in an intelligent discussion, although i find difficult to understand what are your beliefs, you seem a tad confused to me.

If you don't know why you are posting here, i am afraid i can't give you an answer.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Same as me then.

Perhaps you could be so kind to admit that everyone has a slightly different idea of what is the truth, including yourself. The problem is to discern what is true for everyone, and what is true just for yourself.

Don't worry too much about other people, help yourself it's what it counts.

I am interested in an intelligent discussion, although i find difficult to understand what are your beliefs, you seem a tad confused to me.

If you don't know why you are posting here, i am afraid i can't give you an answer.

My religion is right here right now on this planet, observing humans, live my life as best I can do, and do not dismiss a greater force, power, creator, but I dismiss socalled religious who base their faith in the written scripts from ancient times, we have passed by thousands of years. 

However, you will always find some truth, logic and healthy liferules/guidelines in the book religions, but as the only truth, and only way. No!

I believe in healthy stimulanse of the brain, and I get that stimuli from mother earth and father sun ☃️

Keep it simple is it called!

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

Just now, Tagged said:

My religion is right her right now on this planet, observing humans, live my life as best Incan do, and do not dismiss a greater force, power, creator, but I dismiss socalled religious who base their faith in the written scripts from ancient times, we have passed by thousands of years. 

However, you will always find some truth, logic and healthy liferules/guidelines in the book religions, but as the only truth, and only way. No!

I believe in healthy stimulanse of the brain, and I get that stimuli from mother earth and father sun ☃️

I can't disagree with any of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

My religion is right her right now on this planet, observing humans, live my life as best Incan do, and do not dismiss a greater force, power, creator, but I dismiss socalled religious who base their faith in the written scripts from ancient times, we have passed by thousands of years. 

Well, from what i can understand from your posts, we are pretty much on the same page, and i can guess that in real life i would enjoy a real conversation on many different subjects.

The thing is, since very young i have been interested in religions and philosophies, and i have been keenly studying  the similarities and the differences.

One can conclude that the only universal religion is "Love", if you like it simple, yet for me "Love" includes having a passionate discussion about my favourite interests.

32 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

One can conclude that the only universal religion is "Love", if you like it simple, yet for me "Love" includes having a passionate discussion about my favourite interests.

There will always be an opposite pol to love, passion, white, good and so on! 

«Be aware of your state of being - pure and simple being - without being this or that or the other.» 

Nisargadatta

AFC0A923-E6EB-4D26-B5AC-7A7D4E7F999E.jpeg

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I would call that a philosophy, not a religion. Which is fine. religion can be a prison, just like limiting reality to just the physical realm is a prison. The more you are open to hear other views, the more you can establish truth for yourself.

Open and listen can take to much energy, there will always be a fine line how much you can digest, and for how long! Some will always go against your nature no matter how hard you try! 

Just now, Tagged said:

«Be aware of your state of being - pure and simple being - without being this or that or the other.» 

Nisargadatta

Beautiful quote.

For me it's like the peeling off the layers of an onion. 
What is left when you take away your role as a son, husband, father? What is left when you peel off who you are at work?
What is left after you stop identifying with your country, your culture, your history?
If you take away your theories, fears and expectations....what is left?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Open and listen can take to much energy, there will always be a fine line how much you can digest, and for how long! Some will always go against your nature no matter how hard you try! 

I understand what you mean, but sometimes we are the problem. We have to be aware of when we are closed and why we are closed.

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I understand what you mean, but sometimes we are the problem. We have to be aware of when we are closed and why we are closed.

I think that "the middle way" concept of Buddhism can be helpful in case of conflict.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

And sometimes its just running away.

Please, how many have not withdrawn to breathe, the think, to clear the mind, to read, or just rethink the hole thing and charge the batteries? 

No need to be rude, or look down on people who take a time out. Most people have taken a time out when its to late! 

I thought every philosophy and religion had that as a good thing. 

Live and learn from what you teaching Mr!

Edited by Tagged

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Please, how many have not withdrawn to breathe, the think, to clear the mind, to read, or just rethink the hole thing and charge the batteries? 

No need to be rude, or look down on people who take a time out. Mist people first take a time out when its to late! 

I thiught every philosophy and religion had that as a good thing. 

Perhaps you are misunderstanding here, everybody with a some common sense would agree that sometimes the best strategy is withdrawing and recharging the batteries.

Edited by mauGR1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

..As a temporary solution, but one cannot forever run away from himself.

Terapy is usealy just for a brief moment of life. Most people running from themselves all over the world, in their work, family, in churches, temples, yoga cults, in bars and in nature, and they do it because they think thats what they should do, or they already gave up, and do not know why anymore!

when you know the reasons for what you doing, and you doing it with passion and love, you are at the right place in life, and do not need to defend your choices anymore. 

Edited by Tagged

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Terapy is usealy just for a brief moment of life. Most people running from themselves all over the world, in their work, family, in churches, temples, yoga cults, in bars and in nature, and they do it because the think thats what they should do, or they already gave up, snd do not know why anymore!

when you know the reasons for what you doing, and you doing with passion and love, you are at the right place in life, and do not need to defend your choices anymore. 

Amen to that, just common sense ????

..And pls leave me the freedom to defend my choices when i am questioned, thanks.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tagged said:

No need to be rude, or look down on people who take a time out. Most people have taken a time out when its to late! 

I thought every philosophy and religion had that as a good thing. 

I said sometimes, how can you disagree with that?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:47 AM, mauGR1 said:

Methinks it's you who is having a problem.

Personally i am all for freedom of thought.

I don't have a problem - I'm not trying to prove that something exists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elad said:

I have many problems but i'm not trying to prove anything.

Yet i am convinced that if thoughts exist, an intelligent design must exist.

Whatever you think, it exists, here and everywhere.

If you don't believe it's not my problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I believe in God.

God, or one of His angels, once called my name to awaken me.  I have prayed a very specific prayer, asking for a specific answer within a three-week timeframe, and received the answer, learning along with this that the person who provided me with the answer had himself been impressed by God nearly two weeks before I had prayed my prayer that he needed to drop everything else he was doing and focus on finishing a particular project so that he could send it to me, because I needed it.  (Had he not started working on it before I had prayed my prayer, he could not have finished it within the time period in which I needed it.)  Only God knows the future!

I have read the entire Bible.  It speaks to my deepest needs, offering truth, comfort, peace, hope for the future, and happiness.  The promises of God in the Bible are just as true as the prophecies found in the Book.  According to the Bible, it would be fairly simple for the atheists of this world to prove that God doesn't exist.  There are some ancient cities or buildings that God has said will never be rebuilt.  If you want to prove the Bible is not true, or prove that God is not real, all you have to do is go and rebuild one of those.  In fact, all you need to do is just go and live in ancient Babylon.  The Bible says it will be uninhabited forever (see Jeremiah 51:24-26, 37).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

I believe in God.

God, or one of His angels, once called my name to awaken me.  I have prayed a very specific prayer, asking for a specific answer within a three-week timeframe, and received the answer, learning along with this that the person who provided me with the answer had himself been impressed by God nearly two weeks before I had prayed my prayer that he needed to drop everything else he was doing and focus on finishing a particular project so that he could send it to me, because I needed it.  (Had he not started working on it before I had prayed my prayer, he could not have finished it within the time period in which I needed it.)  Only God knows the future!

I have read the entire Bible.  It speaks to my deepest needs, offering truth, comfort, peace, hope for the future, and happiness.  The promises of God in the Bible are just as true as the prophecies found in the Book.  According to the Bible, it would be fairly simple for the atheists of this world to prove that God doesn't exist.  There are some ancient cities or buildings that God has said will never be rebuilt.  If you want to prove the Bible is not true, or prove that God is not real, all you have to do is go and rebuild one of those.  In fact, all you need to do is just go and live in ancient Babylon.  The Bible says it will be uninhabited forever (see Jeremiah 51:24-26, 37).

If that is not proof for the existence of god, I don't know what is.

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2019 at 8:17 PM, Tagged said:

Quite earnest and at its best, no one knows, and to repeat our selves, it is a belief, mixed with all kind of information our brain have gained of information during our lifetime, and also what we carry as genetic memory! 

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

I think at the most basic level, this debate is about whether we are more than this life on this planet, and live on after our bodies fail, OR if we came from nothing and return to nothing, which means at base, that life is meaningless and transitory ( of not much more significance than the life of a flea, on a cosmic scale, IMO ). Oh, we can do things that mean something to us and those around us, but to believe that we return to nothing is to accept that when our bodies die, we and all that we did become nothing. That's too negative for me to accept. I think that this life is just a chapter in an endless existence on another plane of consciousness. For that to be true, I have to believe in a higher power.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Elad said:

Who is trying to prove that something ( God ) exists? Other than one poster, the rest of us regulars are just giving our take on the OP. I'm certainly not trying to prove anything, because I've said more than once that "God" is unprovable. Belief in "God" is a matter of faith, not science.

• Like 1

Was watching a reality TV show (About Americans bringing foreign partners over on K1) & one of the couples is a US guys with a girl from Ukraine.

So girl from Ukraine is deeply religious (Catholic) and he turns around and says he doesn't believe in God but thinks some advanced Alien species visiting earth can explain most of the stuff that happened in the bible.

At 1st I laughed, then I thought about it & thought both are equally ridiculous but at least this theory had more credence.... 

What if the "Man in the Cloud" was an Alien riding some kind of hovering device?

What if Jesus didn't really die but was put into a medical coma due to his injuries & "brought back to life" 3 days later [Bible Pushers please tell me this isn't possible so I can laugh at you some more]