Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Everything = God = Universe = Nature.If one takes this definition then it's pretty hard not to believe in God.

Since I see everything as nature, I accept that explanation with great pleasure ???? ????☄️????????????????

Edited by Tagged

25 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Actually it's impossible to disagree, i also see nature as the image of God, all included.

But as we are conscious of our body made with the 4 elements, and also planets and stars are made of the same materials, wouldn't be logical if all those planets and stars had all their own consciousness ?

And if a tiny atom is a miniature solar system, wouldn't be logical to assume that every atom is pervaded by its own consciousness ?

And if so, why it's so difficult for some to accept that consciousness exists independently from humans ?

For me it is hard to believe our conscious continue independently after our death, since Im more one the oneness theory, where we are more one conscious than independent. 

Our planet , galaxies, universes must be in symbiosis for our existence, and somehow it have to be a oneness rather than each and one if you understand where I want to point. 

33 minutes ago, Tagged said:

For me it is hard to believe our conscious continue independently after our death, since Im more one the oneness theory, where we are more one conscious than independent. 

Our planet , galaxies, universes must be in symbiosis for our existence, and somehow it have to be a oneness rather than each and one if you understand where I want to point. 

I think I can understand, and i completely agree.

We can accept oneness as eternal truth, and our little consciousness as a temporary truth. 

If we can accept that time and space are simply representations of the oneness, the separation between the macrocosm and the microcosm appears as just an illusion of the human being.

21 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

I've always noticed that less affluent people are happier than wealthy ones. Fijians in the early 70s were happier IMO than in the late 70s.

Thais in the 90s were definitely happier than now.
Prosperity IMO does not increase happiness, rather the reverse.

I think it would be very challenging and difficult to determine that without bias. Appearances can be very deceptive. There is also the concept of 'confirmation bias' to consider.

It's easy to determine happiness- look how many people smile as part of their public life. I'm not referring to people paid to smile.

The Thais smiled a lot back in the 90s, but not much now. We know they are unhappy now from all the conflicts going on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's easy to determine happiness- look how many people smile as part of their public life. I'm not referring to people paid to smile.

The Thais smiled a lot back in the 90s, but not much now. We know they are unhappy now from all the conflicts going on.

That's a serious clue that economic growth has a dark side imho.

While is true that the poor worry for the basic necessities, it's true that once they achieve something more, they don't stop worrying, but they have to rush to pay off the mortgage.

Mental slavery is indeed a real disease.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, mauGR1 said:

Yep, the concept of something happening out of nothing has not a lot of credibility, and is at odds with any logical way of thinking.

Congratulations with post nr 10 000 on Thai Visa! First time there have been a thread with 10 000 posts? 

Have some reading to do after I came home ???? 

24 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Congratulations with post nr 10 000 on Thai Visa! First time there have been a thread with 10 000 posts? 

Have some reading to do after I came home ???? 

Thanks, apparently we broke some record, now where is the champagne ?

Where is Ivor when you need him ? ????

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Smiling frequently in public can be more of a cultural trait than a true indicator of happiness. Consider the following article'

"Smiling does not necessarily indicate that a person is happy, according to a study. It is widely believed that smiling means we are happy, and it usually occurs when we are engaging with another person or group of people. Researchers from the University of Sussex show this is not always the case. Sometimes we do smile simply because we are happy, but we also smile for social reasons and to put people at ease, as well as to show more complex emotions, such as resignation."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/smile-not-always-a-sign-of-happiness/articleshow/65768870.cms

The following report shows an interesting world map of happiness scores, including Thailand but excluding Bhutan (I wonder why!). It's worth a look. Nordic countries and Iceland appear to be the happiest. Australia and Canada are equal, and happier than Thailand. New Zealand is slightly happier than Australia

"The World Happiness Report is a well-known source of cross-country data and research on self-reported life satisfaction. The map here shows, country by country, the ‘happiness scores’ published this report."
https://ourworldindata.org/happiness-and-life-satisfaction

According to the World Happiness Report, Thailand's happiness actually increased during the period from 2012 to 2017, and then began dropping after 2017, which is not surprising.

"Since the first World Happiness Report that was released in April 2012, Thailand appears to have gotten happier until 2017, when the country’s score started dropping."

This made it to me morning feed, and it is quite a good coffe lesson actually. Anyone have the time and patient, it will pay off for those who feel they already know the path and where to go. Those who is not there yet, still have to walk the walk before understand his message. And the message is not even complicated, but it takes dedication to live it as understand it. 

20 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

According to the World Happiness Report, Thailand's happiness actually increased during the period from 2012 to 2017, and then began dropping after 2017, which is not surprising.

"Since the first World Happiness Report that was released in April 2012, Thailand appears to have gotten happier until 2017, when the country’s score started dropping."

Have you ever noticed that, while, at times, your personal experience confirms so-called scientific studies and statistics,at times, your personal experience is at odds with what is, in the end, just an opinion which is often founded by someone with an agenda ?

Your objections about the smile are valid, but actually it's very difficult to measure the general happiness of an individual, and more so the general happiness of a population or a country.

Did you say that Nordic countries are happier ?

Then why isn't everyone rushing to go there ?

My impression is that, on the contrary, not only the tropical and subtropical areas are the most populated in general, but they are also very popular for holidays.

21 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

The smile disappeared from Thailand long before 2012.

IMO people were happier before Thaksin came along. He divided the people against each other. A house divided shall not stand Mark 3:25.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The smile disappeared from Thailand long before 2012.

IMO people were happier before Thaksin came along. He divided the people against each other. A house divided shall not stand Mark 3:25.

I guess life is easier when tourists smile, are happy, full of joy and new experiences, money is easy, and the tourists smiling, not grumphy, demanding, claiming, and complaining. 

If you go out and feel good, smiling to yourselves, and you will see real thaismiles coming back at you. Quite magic

But, life have gone a bit harder for most now with another political fallback on top of the personal economic challanges where promisses have been forgotten, and things getting worse. 

Alchohol, drugs, innternet addicts, gambling, bank loans, loan sharks, death of the countries real father, And much more Have complicated thais lifes the last decades. Thaksin gave poor thais in Isan hope, but those in the south hated him, and High so in BKK feared him. 

22 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I guess life is easier when tourists smile, are happy, full of joy and new experiences, money is easy, and the tourists smiling, not grumphy, demanding, claiming, and complaining. 

If you go out and feel good, smiling to yourselves, and you will see real thaismiles coming back at you. Quite magic

But, life have gone a bit harder for most now with another political fallback on top of the personal economic challanges where promisses have been forgotten, and things getting worse. 

Alchohol, drugs, innternet addicts, gambling, bank loans, loan sharks, death of the countries real father, And much more Have complicated thais lifes the last decades. Thaksin gave poor thais in Isan hope, but those in the south hated him, and High so in BKK feared him. 

Were you in Thailand last century? Tourism was about 6% of economy and most people had nothing to do with tourists.

Whatever I'm saying, it has ZERO to do with tourists and tourism.

Life was not easier for most Thais last century.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Were you in Thailand last century? Tourism was about 6% of economy and most people had nothing to do with tourists.

... Although it may be fair to say that mass tourism, together with an invasion of American movies promoted a Western lifestyle which contributed to widening the gap between generations, not just economically, but culturally as well, thus adding to the general discontent.

Like in Western countries, capitalism has reached its peak, and when the peak is reached, the  only way is down.

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

This made it to me morning feed, and it is quite a good coffe lesson actually. Anyone have the time and patient, it will pay off for those who feel they already know the path and where to go. Those who is not there yet, still have to walk the walk before understand his message. And the message is not even complicated, but it takes dedication to live it as understand it. 

I watched about half of it. I'm not a fan of his, but he seems to be connecting well with the younger generations, so that's good.
Also good that he didn't mention the "G" word once, so the atheists won't get their knickers in a twist. ???? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The stories from my gf and so many other I have met on my way, have told me about though childhood, where there where less food than today, but no, I did not. On the other hand, happiness can not be measured about how you see other people. The nordic countries who are measured as the most happiest, tell me where the smiles are? When they travel, yes, but at home, it shocks people who come and visit to experience such cold people. Try to enter at buss in Norway at the morning when people go to work. Try to smile to them, try to say hi, jesus christ, I was such a smiling person until I started taking the bus at the rush hours. I was broken down after 3 months ????

however happiness measured by smiles, is at its best just smiles in the moment. The poorest people still have to best smiles, since they have nothing to loose, and everything to gain by just smiling to people. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I watched about half of it. I'm not a fan of his, but he seems to be connecting well with the younger generations, so that's good.
Also good that he didn't mention the "G" word once, so the atheists won't get their knickers in a twist. ???? 

So you missed his point at the end. Sad

well it is not complicated science, but still people need to hear it, also when it comes to use of substances. Sometime patience with a messenger can change everything for most, but I see you are way above the simplicity he presents ????

10 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Try to enter at buss in Norway at the morning when people go to work. Try to smile to them, try to say hi, jesus christ, I was such a smiling person until I started taking the bus at the rush hours. I was broken down after 3 months

"Norwegians don’t smile to people on the bus or ask strangers how they are doing. Very impolite, say some. "We leave people alone. That is Norwegian politeness,"

Scandinavian Journal of Intercultural Theory and Practice.-

• Haha 1

Just now, Tagged said:

So you missed his point at the end. Sad

well it is not complicated science, but still people need to hear it, also when it comes to use of substances. Sometime patience with a messenger can change everything for most, but I see you are way above the simplicity he presents ????

I'm not sure what you're trying to say...a friendly nudge, a mischievous jab? 

I finished watching the video for the sake of completion. Yes, he's right about the abuse of substances, about the need to face ones own mortality and above all, getting rid of ignorance, which is the greatest evil on the planet. 
Hardly new concepts, but worth repeating for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say...a friendly nudge, a mischievous jab? 

I finished watching the video for the sake of completion. Yes, he's right about the abuse of substances, about the need to face ones own mortality and above all, getting rid of ignorance, which is the greatest evil on the planet. 
Hardly new concepts, but worth repeating for sure.

Just a friendly jab, nothing more, no harm, and I know his way of teaching is very obvious, very simple, and pure common sense with no drama, but here we are, on the page of 676, a number I quite like. It have important numbers in it, and I might buy lottery this time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

"Norwegians don’t smile to people on the bus or ask strangers how they are doing. Very impolite, say some. "We leave people alone. That is Norwegian politeness,"

Scandinavian Journal of Intercultural Theory and Practice.-

One thing should be said, Norwegians know how to que, no doubt about that.

Well the politeness is one thing, and a good excuse for not have to get involved with other people more than necessery. And it works, but for a happy soul, it can be hard, same as me here and up in Isan, not just smiles here, not even between thais, and especially if you cross the border to the next village. 

Edited by Tagged

Ramana Maharshi also made a good point...

Q: What about the seething humanity, sweating and suffering? What is the solution for so much suffering in the world?
R.M.: Have you found out about your own suffering that you are keen to solve the world’s?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:
Ramana Maharshi also made a good point...

Q: What about the seething humanity, sweating and suffering? What is the solution for so much suffering in the world?
R.M.: Have you found out about your own suffering that you are keen to solve the world’s?

To be honest, i found that a significant part of my own suffering comes from seeing the suffering of others.

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

The stories from my gf and so many other I have met on my way, have told me about though childhood, where there where less food than today, but no, I did not. On the other hand, happiness can not be measured about how you see other people. The nordic countries who are measured as the most happiest, tell me where the smiles are? When they travel, yes, but at home, it shocks people who come and visit to experience such cold people. Try to enter at buss in Norway at the morning when people go to work. Try to smile to them, try to say hi, jesus christ, I was such a smiling person until I started taking the bus at the rush hours. I was broken down after 3 months ????

however happiness measured by smiles, is at its best just smiles in the moment. The poorest people still have to best smiles, since they have nothing to loose, and everything to gain by just smiling to people. 

Who says Nordic countries are happiest? I knew a Swede that hated Sweden. A small sample for sure, but not expected in the happiest country.