Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

26 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I find many things in common with your experience, and this gives me a little hope for the future of humankind.

If it's true that there s a lot of evil on this planet, it's also true that more and more people are waking up.

Keep up the good work !

I forgot one important ingredients, and that is to have something that keeps you focused, alert and curious, as appetite for life.

Step by step it is possible to change, yes

and hopefully there is hope for the humanity in the future to wake up from their sleepwalking. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I forgot one important ingredients, and that is to have something that keeps you focused, alert and curious, as appetite for life.

Step by step it is possible to change, yes

and hopefully there is hope for the humanity in the future to wake up from their sleepwalking. 

Now now, it must be one of those days where we agree on everything.

So, for the sake of the discussion, let's find something where we completely disagree !

????

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:14 AM, Sunmaster said:
So, that's what I'm doing now. I replaced all those negative influences with inspiring and uplifting messages...and I feel a lot better for it. ...

Sunmaster's Secret Unveiled!

Spock sign with invisible ink.jpg

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Now now, it must be one of those days where we agree on everything.

So, for the sake of the discussion, let's find something where we completely disagree !

????

Why spend so much energy on details ???? 

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Why spend so much energy on details ???? 

No energy wasted for me, discussing comes as natural as breathing.

Well, nobody is perfect, you know ????

As the saying goes: " the devil hides in the details". And unmasking the devil is necessary, before getting rid of it.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 7:24 PM, mauGR1 said:

I am quite sure that you have what you need already inside yourself, at least as much as anyone else.

If you can accept that it's just about will, you don't have to look too far at all, contemplating the nature around you, while relaxing your breathing, can project your soul into a instant nirvana ????

It's hard to have "love" inside one when everyone all about is doing their best to bring one down.

Why, when I turn on the news, do I have to learn that a bus vs train in Thailand killed 20 people. I don't live in Thailand, the news broadcast isn't from Thailand, it won't make a blind bit of difference to anyone in NZ. Isn't there enough bad news locally without telling us about something bad in a different country?

Short of becoming a hermit and living on air, I don't know the answer.

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's hard to have "love" inside one when everyone all about is doing their best to bring one down.

Why, when I turn on the news, do I have to learn that a bus vs train in Thailand killed 20 people. I don't live in Thailand, the news broadcast isn't from Thailand, it won't make a blind bit of difference to anyone in NZ. Isn't there enough bad news locally without telling us about something bad in a different country?

Short of becoming a hermit and living on air, I don't know the answer.

we can all only speak from our own experiences and what we have learned!

1. you do not own the misery alone, and especially not to carry the whole worlds <deleted> ups and tragedies.

I believe in reprogramming the brain for how you react to the world news! Trust me, I felt the whole world on my shoulders every time I was sick (struggled with my life, economic and when I lost the sight of future), and I also understand you carry the unsolved trauma inside your self. 

I would suggest proffessional help to identify your triggers and who can help you to release your struggles and make them a bit more easy to live with. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

Just now, Tagged said:

I would suggest proffessional help to identify your triggers and who can help you to telease your struggles and make them a bit more easy to live with. 

If you are offering to pay for said professional help I'll gladly seek such help. Doubt my pension after rent and food would pay for more than 5 minutes of such.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are offering to pay for said professional help I'll gladly seek such help. Doubt my pension after rent and food would pay for more than 5 minutes of such.

When I understood it was little tagged who suffered everytime I was bombed by horrible news in the mass media, and it impacted me bad, as social media, bad thoughts restless, insomnia and more, I could start working with my self to easy my troubles with more specific training of my brain. Simple things, but you have to believe in it, as well use placebo like believing in a banana and oat pudding will change your life for the better as breakfest, and be true to it. Every time you feel the impact of outside world, start talking to little Thaibeach and comfor him, but you have to want the change to succeed. First when you really want the change, you will feel better and released when you decide to overcome your struggles. You will be filled with energy and new life. Trust me. 

After awhile adding new healthy routines will come naturally. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In this case i would say that you are lucky not to be able to afford a so-called professional help.

First, you are the one who knows your inner self best, so you are in the best position to help yourself.

Second, many of those "professional helpers" are rumoured to have serious mental problems, so not feeding them equates to not feeding mental problems.

Try meditation, it's free.

@mauGR1 Some mechanics and basics is good if you find a good one, who let you discover you, and not tell you who you are and what you are. I had both, and one just needed a few hours to make me aware of what I struggled with, and gave me lifesaving tools. First of all, I know everything about myself and my struggles, but I still  needed to be guided to the right thoughts and discoveries in the right moment. I was ready to recieve, and thats maybe the most important factor. 

I only had a few sessions with this beautiful old wise lady, and later I was sent to a new one. It took me exactly 5 min to understand he was wrong for me. 99,99% of the job I did myself, she gave me the keys and the toolbox. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

@mauGR1 Some mechanics and basics is good if you find a good one, who let you discover your, and not tell you. I had both, and one just needed a few hours to make be aware of what I struggled with, and gave me lifesaving tools. First of all, I know everything, but I still needed to be guided to the right thoughts and discoveries in the right moment. I was ready to recieve, and maybe the most important factor. 

I only had a few sessions with this beautiful old wise lady, and later was sent to a new one. It took me exactly 5 min to understand he was wrong for me, but I had to complete the treatment with him of economical reasons so I could have my insurance and social security. 99,99% of the job I did myself, she gave me the keys and the toolbox. 

I appreciate your input, and I agree that sometimes it's possible to get a huge help from an outsider.

Once I was feeling a huge discomfort, as 2 of my neighbours were making my life hard, despite my best efforts to be friendly and kind.

I went to the local temple, and a charismatic monk, listened to me, then simply told me: " be good, follow the path, and ignore evil people".

Of course, I knew that already, but hearing that simple solution from the monk, gave me the will power I needed to put it into practice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tagged said:

When I understood it was little tagged who suffered everytime I was bombed by horrible news in the mass media, and it impacted me bad, as social media, bad thoughts restless, insomnia and more, I could start working with my self to easy my troubles with more specific training of my brain. Simple things, but you have to believe in it, as well use placebo like believing in a banana and oat pudding will change your life for the better as breakfest, and be true to it. Every time you feel the impact of outside world, start talking to little Thaibeach and comfor him, but you have to want the change to succeed. First when you really want the change, you will feel better and released when you decide to overcome your struggles. You will be filled with energy and new life. Trust me. 

After awhile adding new healthy routines will come naturally. 

I think that after working as a qualified nurse for over 2 decades I do understand something about the human condition, and techniques for feeling better. Problem is they don't work for me. I was too damaged in my early childhood to ever recover "normality".

Accept it- some people will never get "better". That's life.

Seems we have strayed somewhat from the path of righteousness, but we gave it a really good go over the 680 pages. Has to be a TVF record.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think that after working as a qualified nurse for over 2 decades I do understand something about the human condition, and techniques for feeling better. Problem is they don't work for me. I was too damaged in my early childhood to ever recover "normality".

Accept it- some people will never get "better". That's life.

Seems we have strayed somewhat from the path of righteousness, but we gave it a really good go over the 680 pages. Has to be a TVF record.

According to anthroposophy we have (to simplify) 3 bodies.

The physical body.

The soul (someone say mind)

And the spiritual body.

Nobody is forcing you to focus just on the first 2.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

According to anthroposophy we have (to simplify) 3 bodies.

The physical body.

The soul (someone say mind)

And the spiritual body.

Nobody is forcing you to focus just on the first 2.

It's hard enough just to get through the day without analyzing my soul and spirit as well.

Far as I'm concerned it's enough to believe in God and to enjoy nature in all it's glory.

In not too many years I'll be discovering the truth about soul and spirit anyway.

It's an overcast, black sky day here- and it's wonderful ( as long as I don't have to go out in the cold ).

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's hard enough just to get through the day without analyzing my soul and spirit as well.

There's nothing wrong with that, I was just sharing a  "tool", which I'm still learning to use.

It's very simple in fact, but all of us have been "brainwashed" to a degree, from the early years, to identify just with our physical, or material body.

Although I am more often than not, taken down again to the chaos of human society, I find refreshing to have a perspective from a spiritual point of view, which is nothing complicated, it's just the pure contemplation of the facts as they are.

Not sure if the nexus is obvious to you, but an animistic principle comes to mind:

" Energy goes where attention goes".

• Thanks 1

The man who have the answer to everything and anything, fighting his demons himself!

He have very much to do with this thread concerning his view on religion, philosophy and spiritism. 

Even with every possible lifelong earned knownledge, experience and education, he do not manage to live by his own examples And teaching. 

Life is life, and people is people. We can only do the best we can, no matter how hard we try. 

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

7 days and no posts. Is this the end?

Well, it was a great ride while it lasted and I learned a lot.

I still love seeing the ever changing sky out my window, and am grateful to the creator for being able to see the wonders of nature.

:jap:

Feeling grateful is a great key to a higher state of consciousness imho.

Too often we forget this when we experience hardships.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Feeling grateful is a great key to a higher state of consciousness imho.

Too often we forget this when we experience hardships.

We should be very grateful to the Sun, because without it we would not exist. That's not a belief but a scientific fact.

There are many definitions and descriptions of 'God', but the one that makes most sense is the 'Sun God'.

In order to worship the 'Sun God', you don't need any temples or priests, or donations of money. All you need to do is to expose most of your body to the Sun for just 10 to 15 minutes a day, if near the equator, or longer during winter in the northern hemisphere, without any sunscreen lotion of course.

The benefits are free, and scientifically verified. The punishments for not worshipping the 'Sun God' are a poor immune system due to a lack of Vitamin D, high blood pressure and heart problems due to a lack of Nitric Oxide which the Sun helps to create and which expands the blood vessels, and depression, and/or  Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) due to a lack of Serotonin which the sun helps to create.

Unfortunately, most of us live an unnatural life in cities where we are shielded from the sun most days. On occasions when we go to the beach, we also shield ourselves from the 'Sun God' by applying sunscreen lotion. We suffer the consequences, excluding me of course. ????

The following article lists the benefits of the 'God of the Sun'.

https://www.theactivetimes.com/healthy-living/15-health-benefits-sunshine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

We should be very grateful to the Sun, because without it we would not exist. That's not a belief but a scientific fact.

There are many definitions and descriptions of 'God', but the one that makes most sense is the 'Sun God'.

In order to worship the 'Sun God', you don't need any temples or priests, or donations of money. All you need to do is to expose most of your body to the Sun for just 10 to 15 minutes a day, if near the equator, or longer during winter in the northern hemisphere, without any sunscreen lotion of course.

The benefits are free, and scientifically verified. The punishments for not worshipping the 'Sun God' are a poor immune system due to a lack of Vitamin D, high blood pressure and heart problems due to a lack of Nitric Oxide which the Sun helps to create and which expands the blood vessels, and depression, and/or  Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) due to a lack of Serotonin which the sun helps to create.

Unfortunately, most of us live an unnatural life in cities where we are shielded from the sun most days. On occasions when we go to the beach, we also shield ourselves from the 'Sun God' by applying sunscreen lotion. We suffer the consequences, excluding me of course. ????

For once, I fully agree with you.

12 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

I feel I'm being summoned... ???? 

What you write is all quite logical and true. Ancient civilizations worshipped the Sun because its importance and beneficial effects were evident for all. They also worshipped minor gods that represented other proprieties in nature. As far as I know they had temples for these Gods and made donations (sacrifices) for them. This God description is a dualistic description, because it implies that God is something external to you.

There is another description of God that makes sense to me and that truly requires no temple, holy book, donation or intermediator. In fact, you need nothing but your Self. This description is a non-dualistic one, meaning that the SELF is all there is, it's the ultimate reality....all else is illusion. The identification with the body, the attachment of the ego to the construct that is your personality is preventing us from seeing our true nature. The Self is already fully realized and present. The only thing that keeps us from actually knowing and living that, are the layers of ignorance that, like clouds, shield the "sun" from shining its light on us. 

In that sense, the sun is not just the evident giver of life in the physical world, but symbolizes the same in the spiritual world. In fact, according to non-dualistic thinking, external (physical) and internal (spiritual) are ultimately one and the same, which makes the Sun = Self.

• Like 2