Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

5 hours ago, yodsak said:

352241750_ScreenShot2019-05-27at11_43_55.png.4bad9fe79895e79255794fcb63e4e96e.png

Any time I am having a problem going to sleep, I listen to Richard Dawkins attempt to explain how something came from nothing.  Instead of listening to this moron or other like minded individuals, please listen to a few of Ravi Zacharias interviews or speaking engagements.  You can find plenty of them on YouTube.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Good post. However there are still some major puzzles. Despite the amazing advances in the biological sciences, such as the cracking of the human genome, modifying the genetic make-up of food crops and so on, scientists have not been able to create any new forms of life, however basic and primitive, from a soup of inanimate chemicals in the laboratory.

Perhaps they will, eventually. If they ever succeed, that would be tremendous news, but devastating for believers in a Creator God. Sometimes I wonder if some scientists actually have created a new form of life in the laboratory, but have kept it secret because of the potential ethical and political consequences.

The other issue that is puzzling is the Big Bang explanation for the origins of the universe. It seems incomprehensible to me, that this vast universe consisting of an estimated 100 billion galaxies, with each galaxy containing possibly several hundred billion solar systems, could have originated from a tiny, single, extremely dense point which suddenly exploded. Can you shed some light on this?

The idea of there having been a "primordial soup" rich in organic minerals has largely been discredited.  Focus is now being applied on the fact that cells get their energy by the strange process of using glucose energy to pump hydrogen nuclei (protons) across the mitochondrial membrane, building up a "dam" of protons, which are then trickled back, powering the cell by rotating an enzyme (ATP synthase) - similar to water from a dam being fed through turbines in a hydroelectric plant.  ATP synthase then generates ATP - Adenosine TriPhosphate, which stores and releases energy by converting to ADP - Adenosine DiPhosphate, in a process that releases hydrogen, which is then pumped back across the membrane.  There is a theory, which is growing momentum, that this process evolved from alkaline vents in the early oceans, which were slightly acidic, thus creating a natural hydrogen gradient which provided chemicals and energy for the first life to begin.  As life evolved, this was made portable by absorbing the simple cells into more complex ones, thus the mitochondria - which were originally single celled organisms, being the power houses of our, and every other eukaryote (organisms that have a separate enclosed nucleus within their cells). 

It would obviously be much simpler if our cells were able to get their power directly from the glucose in our food, but that is indisputably not the case.  Just like the recurrent laryngeal nerve, which would have gone directly from one side of the head to the other in a neck-less ancestor, (passing under the aorta as it did so), has now been forced to stretch all the way down to our collar bones and back up again as our necks have grown through evolution (and the same is true for the long necks of giraffes, and no doubt the even longer ones of dinosaurs), because you can't re-engineer an organism by either cutting the aorta to allow the nerve to be above it, or cutting the nerve, for the same result.  The earliest life had no glucose to get its energy from, it used what was available, and we are stuck with that.  (The other thing about giraffes is that all mammals have 7 bones in their necks, mice, men, elephants, giraffes.  You can't just throw a few extra ones in as the neck stretches.  Well, I suppose a designer could, and would.  Funny how that isn't the case, isn't it?)

image.png.92b29604bf00a38ab7b5455ddaf36c37.png

I recommend that anyone interested in some of the latest on this theory should read "Vital Question" by Nick Lane, in addition to viewing his Royal Institution talk:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Good post. However there are still some major puzzles. Despite the amazing advances in the biological sciences, such as the cracking of the human genome, modifying the genetic make-up of food crops and so on, scientists have not been able to create any new forms of life, however basic and primitive, from a soup of inanimate chemicals in the laboratory.

Perhaps they will, eventually. If they ever succeed, that would be tremendous news, but devastating for believers in a Creator God. Sometimes I wonder if some scientists actually have created a new form of life in the laboratory, but have kept it secret because of the potential ethical and political consequences.

The other issue that is puzzling is the Big Bang explanation for the origins of the universe. It seems incomprehensible to me, that this vast universe consisting of an estimated 100 billion galaxies, with each galaxy containing possibly several hundred billion solar systems, could have originated from a tiny, single, extremely dense point which suddenly exploded. Can you shed some light on this?

Good post back atcha, but your question is just a wee bit above my pay grade. Haha. Not sure if you were being facetious, but I'm no a scientist...just an enthusiast and amateur ornithologist, or so I like to think anyway. 

Of course there are still unanswered questions and mind blowing considerations with some mind boggling explanations. Some which can be seriously confusing to us laymen, but oftentimes not so much to the physicist or mathematician or other experts in their fields. Others are just presently unknown, but doesn't mean they'll be unknown forever. Just look back at all the unknowns that have been figured out in just the past century, in a wide range of fields. Going back even further, well you get it...and certainly no gods needed. 

IMO the Creator God concept doesn't require any further demolishing as Darwin saw to that...though more nails in that empty coffin are surely and inevitably coming. As the world becomes more educated and more knowledge gained, superstitious beliefs and gods-of-the-gaps fade away. It's already happening rapidly now...especially in the USA, which sadly lagging in that area. "Nones" or those claiming no religious affiliation is the fastest growing demographic. 

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sure no problem, but will be a bit LONG. I was not raised with or without religion, so not made to go to church or learn the doctrine. Free to go or not. Attended a few times and thought it nonsense and opted for exploring in the woods and creeks, valley and river. Bugs, birds, spiders and snakes were much more fun and interesting! So here goes...

Observations and study of NATURE is the answer in a nutshell. I'm a biology nut...mainly ornithology, but all wildlife, flora and fauna, is fascinating. Bugs as well...and a minor astronomy nut too. I've observed nearly 700 species (well less than 10% of Earth's total) of birds and photographed quite a few. 693 species seen with the addition of Barred Buttonquail yesterday. I've studied nesting and migratory behaviors and habits. Especially neo-tropical migrants of the Americas. When one starts to see and understand how these species have adapted to their unique needs and habitats over TIME, it becomes crystal clear.

How a hummingbird is so well adapted to feed and pollinate is a great example. Finches bills (beaks) have been observed changing in The Galapagos Islands, due to changing climate and food supply, in as little as 20 years. 

What you see as perfect and orderly creation is nothing of the sort. What remains are the surviving few, which were able to adapt and thrive. Most fail and disappear. It is a fact that approximately 99% of all species that ever existed are now extinct. Think about that astonishing fact! That is anything but perfect. It is almost perfect failure. Also if Supreme Entity, then there would be no need for such specialization and sophistication among species. They could all just thrive regardless of changes. None would fail and disappear forever. Sadly, we human animals are the cause of many preventable past extinctions and some sure to occur soon. 

Humans, without question, were not created in present form only a few thousand years ago. This is a fact. Plenty of empirical and indisputable evidence for anyone willing to do some research and maybe visit a museum of natural history. Planet Earth is over 4 billion years old. Even "we" had close bipedal hominid relatives that were killed off...died off...probably both, but regardless of cause, did not survive. Homo sapiens were not chosen or favored, but were just the species that was more adaptable and maybe a bit more creative, cunning, innovative, ruthless(?) and intelligent. 

Nature is certainly beautiful and can be peaceful and wonderful, but make no mistake...it's dangerous and deserves great respect and extreme caution. From disease and predators to venomous insects and reptiles. Lightning, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis and disease infested mosquitos and other insects. Just watch NatGeo for a full day and you'll have a lifetime's worth of violence, killing, starvation and all the trials and challenges of survival in the wild. 

Space is a violent vacuum. Instant death. Collisions, explosions, extreme temperatures in a vast, desolate void unfit for human life...but maybe some day conquered by human ingenuity, brainpower and resourcefulness.

The stars may appear peaceful on a clear autumn night, but just look at the moons and planets out there peppered with impact craters. Even Earth has 128 confirmed and surely that is way low due to erosion over millenia and eons. Mars has about 300,000 impact craters. 

I just photographed a Hummingbird Hawk Moth 2 days ago. An amazing, tiny, diurnal moth that mimics hummingbirds so extremely well. I've photographed plenty of hummingbirds and even Sphinx Moths in The States, but this species similarities to hummingbirds was simply fascinating. It does pollinate flowers like hummingbirds, so assuming that is one reason for it evolving such, since hummingbirds are only found in the Americas and Caribbean. Supposedly the moths coloring makes it almost invisible to it's main predators. 

Final thought...solving some of the (yet) unknown and unexplained mysteries of our world and the universe by inserting an even bigger unexplained unknown (god) is simply not a good answer which solves nothing and keeps us ignorant and closed to actual knowledge and understanding. That tactic has been used over the ages, but the more we learn and discover new things...every time without fail...the answer turns out NOT to be a god, but rather a natural explanation. 

I missed the part about where you believe we came from?  Since you seem to be well versed on nature, how can you explain how every living animal to the most lowly insect has a purpose in life, not to mention sea life and plant life?  I believe God programmed them in their DNA. 

We all know, general encroachment of humans on nature has diminished specie numbers and biodiversity including insects.  The remaining species tend to adapt and evolve in their new habitats with many kinds of insects having an easier time adapting than gorillas or other primates.  Insects such as cockroaches are so good at adapting, they will be with us until the end of time.  Sort of like criminal gangs.

If God didn't create the universe and all that is in it, what is the natural explanation you mentioned how the universe was created?

Have you ever wondered why humans know right from wrong?  Do you think maybe God programmed that into us.  We all know the difference.  I think at some point in your life you will come to the realazation there is a God and Jesus died for our sins.  After viewing comments from some of these other feather merchants, I don't think they will be able to figure this out until it is too late. ????  

44 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Any time I am having a problem going to sleep, I listen to Richard Dawkins attempt to explain how something came from nothing.  Instead of listening to this moron or other like minded individuals, please listen to a few of Ravi Zacharias interviews or speaking engagements.  You can find plenty of them on YouTube.

So let's hear your explanation of how the universe came from a nonexistent magic man God thing which resides where and does what and you know this how??? Puh-leeze!

Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist anyway, NOT a cosmological physicist. For a book which is way beyond Bible class, Lawrence Krauss wrote A Universe From Nothing. Or try some Neil deGrasse Tyson. But certainly read or listen to Dawkins' Greatest Show On Earth. It's excellent. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

So let's hear your explanation of how the universe came from a nonexistent magic man God thing which resides where and does what and you know this how??? Puh-leeze!

Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist anyway, NOT a cosmological physicist. For a book which is way beyond Bible class, Lawrence Krauss wrote A Universe From Nothing. Or try some Neil deGrasse Tyson. But certainly read or listen to Dawkins' Greatest Show On Earth. It's excellent. 

I already shared with you feather merchants what God wanted us to know about creation in Genesis.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I believe God programmed them in their DNA.

So, scientists discovered the DNA molecule and you decided the above... typical  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I missed the part about where you believe we came from?  Since you seem to be well versed on nature, how can you explain how every living animal to the most lowly insect has a purpose in life, not to mention sea life and plant life?  I believe God programmed them in their DNA. 

We all know, general encroachment of humans on nature has diminished specie numbers and biodiversity including insects.  The remaining species tend to adapt and evolve in their new habitats with many kinds of insects having an easier time adapting than gorillas or other primates.  Insects such as cockroaches are so good at adapting, they will be with us until the end of time.  Sort of like criminal gangs.

If God didn't create the universe and all that is in it, what is the natural explanation you mentioned how the universe was created?

Have you ever wondered why humans know right from wrong?  Do you think maybe God programmed that into us.  We all know the difference.  I think at some point in your life you will come to the realazation there is a God and Jesus died for our sins.  After viewing comments from some of these other feather merchants, I don't think they will be able to figure this out until it is too late. ????  

Everything doesn't just fit or always have a purpose. Look at invader species or introduced species from other parts of the globe and  the devastating damage they do to native species of plants and animals. Exactly why most countries now have strict agriculture inspections. 

Look dude we are at an expected impasse...again. You believe what I consider ridiculous nonsense from Bronze Age and earlier, which has no place in advanced civilization. 

I accept the facts of modern science and teachings of all institutions of higher learning nowadays...which you choose to discard and think irrelevant. 

As stated earlier, some questions are still being studied at great lengths. Sometimes, WE DON'T KNOW is the best and most honest answer. Saying ahh haaa...don't know so therefore god, is just plain wrong and ridiculous. Seriously God???...well into the 21st century??? 

God is dead. Unnecessary and irrelevant. From suoerstitous non-existence to it's inevitable extinction. Bye God...

...not By God.

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Elad said:

So, scientists discovered the DNA molecule and you decided the above... typical  

The only reasonable explanation for the complex information in DNA, is God put it there during the six days of creation.....thanks for asking ????

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I already shared with you feather merchants what God wanted us to know about creation in Genesis.  

Dude...YOU of all people should seriously consider stopping using a slang term which describes "fundies" like yourself 100% to the proverbial T! 

12 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The only reasonable explanation for the complex information in DNA, is God put it there during the six days of creation.....thanks for asking ????

Up until now, I took you as a serious fundamental believer. Not so sure after your recent comments. Have you been punking us all along??? If so, WELL DONE! If not, then sorry to break this to you...The Flintstones was not an historical documentary! 

All things dull and ugly,
All creatures short and squat,
All things rude and nasty,
The Lord God made the lot.
Each little snake that poisons,
Each little wasp that stings,
He made their brutish venom.
He made their horrid wings.
All things sick and cancerous,
All evil great and small,
All things foul and dangerous,
The Lord God made them all.
Each nasty little hornet,
Each beastly little squid
Who made the spikey urchin?
Who made the sharks? He did!
All things scabbed and ulcerous,
All pox both great and small,
Putrid, foul and gangrenous,
The Lord God made them all.

John DuPrez / Eric Idle.

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

If you go back to the first fairy tale in the bible, then you right and wrong should be brought in the humans. If there would be a god.

As Adam and Eve knew they couldnt eat from the forbidden fruits. THey did and KNEW it was wrong.

Also the slaying, the first killing ever of Abel by Kain, Kain felt guilty, so he knew he was wrong.

Weird though as no one knew what was killing and did god tell or explained?

Therefor for believers, should think, it is brought in by a god.

Guess you can bring it then in section free will , which god gave us. Believers perfect excuse, same as god wanted it to be that way. 

However they are stories. 

Normally people are taught by others (your parents for instance) what is right or wrong, so its depending on who teaches you. NOt that teaching provides all, as you can switch in what ever was taught to you and follow other ideas on which killing (for instance)is ok. TRying to eliminate that, we created laws to protect and serve.

You are taught not to hurt, kill people, but at one point there is a leader and he tells you to go and kill, thats why we have wars. And you know its wrong, but someone else gives you another idea and killing is ok. Killing in the name of god, its ok. ANother system (religion) is working, its threatening, so kill. 

And you damn, good know it is wrong.

We should have the 10 commands, they are in religions and so in (so called ) leaders, but we dont act to them and we sure know , it is not good. USA, Russia are such a countries, soldiers have to go out and kill and then all is good. Even Israel, gods people, are killing.

Leaders which say in god we trust and now ...go and kill. Those leaders who have people of countries die in hunger and pain, all by god?

No , just because they changed their vision. money , thats the god to follow and has been since excisting of it. That is the true god.

Physics , nature , chemical those are the elements we try to bend for our own purpose,

And all what is on earth has his purpose indeed, eating and/or to be eaten.

From insects to plants all the same purpose.

We all came from evolution, from scraps and still we "evolve" , so are the other species and if you dont then you die. We are now also back in the fight again with bacterias and viruses, as they evolve and our medicines will not work anymore. S

SO maybe we all die soon to the tiniest creatures living with us , on us, in us.

Or maybe we have an outbreak on a biohazard lab, where they still keep viruses, like the plague.

Intrigued what you can do with it  them maybe.

Im not sure about HIV and H1N1 and ebola to run wild and pop up, wouldnt be surprised if they are experimenting with it. Like Australia also did with killing rabbits, carps, cats, with viruses. 

There is only one god and that is valued items like money, gold, diamonds.  since thousands of years

9 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Just out of curiosity, where do you believe we came from?  

I know this one. Not a belief though. Evolution, fact.

The earliest known hominids appeared circa 7 million years ago in Africa. 

Researchers generally agree that hominids evolved into Homo erectus from a small-brained genus called Australopithecus, circa 2 /3 million years ago..  Homo sapiens came along 315,000 years ago.   

All data backed up with peer reviewed science, fossils, carbon dating, DNA  et al.

Or you can go for the version where a god created the universe, and everything in it including dinosaurs,  in 6 days.   6000 years ago.

he made adam from dust, and eve from adams rib 

So we are all descended from adam and eve,   the first ever human beings.    

Quite an achievement ,  sounds plausible enough, makes perfect sense.

Backed up by <deleted> circa nothing.  

we are in 2019 and indoctrinated, brainwashed people still believe this stuff. and indoctrinate their kids to believe it.   Popular in the USA.  

Science dates the earth at 4.543 billion years old. Give or take. Bit of a discrepancy there.

What do they know ?

Measured using independently cross-validated geochronological methods including radiometric dating. 

The good thing about science is that's it's true, whether or not you believe in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Cosmologists know that the universe is expanding and that clusters of galaxies are all receding away from each other, so yesterday the galaxies were closer than they are today and the day before that even closer. By knowing the rate of expansion cosmologist can extrapolate back to a time when everything came to a single point, that works out to be around 13.8 billion years ago, and thus giving the age of the universe since the big bang.

You can estimate the age of the universe using the Hubble constant which is 70 km s-1 Mpc-1 but first you need to rationalise the units, so:

(70 km s-1 Mpc-1) / (3.1 x 1019 km Mpc-1) = 2.26 x 10-18 s-1  

So now we just have units of s-1 (per second)

Now take the reciprocal which is 1 divided by the value above to give the age of the universe in seconds:

(1) / (2.26 x 10-18 s-1) = 4.42 x 1017 s

Since 1 year = 3.16 x 107 s then age in years is:

(4.42 x 1017 s) / (3.16 x 107 s year-1) = 1.4 x 1010 years

So that's about 14 billion years, though this is just an estimate because the Hubble constant has changed slightly since time began which is why the true age is 13.8 billion years.

Now my head hurts ???? 

Edited by Elad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Sounds like you've been indoctrinated.  Believing a fairy story written pre science  2000 years ago;

2096352705_ScreenShot2019-05-27at21_29_57.png.7144a31dabfe6b3b45c4851bf0ce17c8.png

Evangelical nut job, Fire and brimstone stuff.  Say no more.

The world needs more people like Richard Dawkins, Neil De Grasse Tyson, Steven Hawking  [RIP] and their ilk, , and less people like zacharias.  

These are the people you should worship. [IMHO] 

Please read Dawkins The god Delusion , or many of his excellent books.. also on you tube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Elad said:

Cosmologists know that the universe is expanding and that clusters of galaxies are all receding away from each other, so yesterday the galaxies were closer than they are today and the day before that even closer. By knowing the rate of expansion cosmologist can extrapolate back to a time when everything came to a single point, that works out to be around 13.8 billion years ago, and thus giving the age of the universe since the big bang.

You can estimate the age of the universe using the Hubble constant which is 70 km s-1 Mpc-1 but first you need to rationalise the units, so:

(70 km s-1 Mpc-1) / (3.1 x 1019 km Mpc-1) = 2.26 x 10-18 s-1  

So now we just have units of s-1 (per second)

Now take the reciprocal which is 1 divided by the value above to give the age of the universe in seconds:

(1) / (2.26 x 10-18 s-1) = 4.42 x 1017 s

Since 1 year = 3.16 x 107 s then age in years is:

(4.42 x 1017 s) / (3.16 x 107 s year-1) = 1.4 x 1010 years

So that's about 14 billion years, though this is just an estimate because the Hubble constant has changed slightly since time began which is why the true age is 13.8 billion years.

Now my head hurts ???? 

Thanks for the Maths lesson, but I'm still confused. The approximate, estimated age of the universe has been claimed to be between 13 and 14 billion years as far back as I can remember, when the expansion of the universe was believed to be slowing down. More recent observations from the Hubble telescope, with more advanced technology, show that the expansion of the universe appears to be accelerating. No-one knows why.

For all we know, there could be another trillion galaxies that we will never be able to observe because they are travelling away from us at greater than the speed of light.

The current explanation for the accelerating expansion of the universe is the 'hypothesis' that there exists a huge quantity of totally invisible and undetectable matter and energy which is having a negative gravitational effect. This mysterious substance has been given the names, Dark Matter and Dark Energy. The quantity required, to explain the observed rate of expansion, is claimed to represent about 95 to 96% of all the matter and energy in the universe.

In other words, if the hypothesis is correct, we have reach the stage, after all our technological advances, of being able to detect just 4 to 5% of the matter and energy that surrounds us. The rest is as undetectable, so far, as the magical spirits that religious people believe in.

The other issue about the Big Bang I have difficulty comprehending, is how such an enormous amount of matter and energy, possibly over 20 times the amount we can currently potentially detect, can be compressed to a single point.

However, it would make more sense if the dimensions of that single point were like a Black Hole which was a hundred trillion kilometers, or more, in diameter. 

15 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Dude...YOU of all people should seriously consider stopping using a slang term which describes "fundies" like yourself 100% to the proverbial T! 

"Fundies"??  A "feather merchant" is someone who evades effort or responsibility.  It's nothing to get angry over.  

13 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

If you go back to the first fairy tale in the bible, then you right and wrong should be brought in the humans. If there would be a god.

As Adam and Eve knew they couldnt eat from the forbidden fruits. THey did and KNEW it was wrong.

Also the slaying, the first killing ever of Abel by Kain, Kain felt guilty, so he knew he was wrong.

Weird though as no one knew what was killing and did god tell or explained?

Therefor for believers, should think, it is brought in by a god.

Guess you can bring it then in section free will , which god gave us. Believers perfect excuse, same as god wanted it to be that way. 

However they are stories. 

Normally people are taught by others (your parents for instance) what is right or wrong, so its depending on who teaches you. NOt that teaching provides all, as you can switch in what ever was taught to you and follow other ideas on which killing (for instance)is ok. TRying to eliminate that, we created laws to protect and serve.

You are taught not to hurt, kill people, but at one point there is a leader and he tells you to go and kill, thats why we have wars. And you know its wrong, but someone else gives you another idea and killing is ok. Killing in the name of god, its ok. ANother system (religion) is working, its threatening, so kill. 

And you damn, good know it is wrong.

We should have the 10 commands, they are in religions and so in (so called ) leaders, but we dont act to them and we sure know , it is not good. USA, Russia are such a countries, soldiers have to go out and kill and then all is good. Even Israel, gods people, are killing.

Leaders which say in god we trust and now ...go and kill. Those leaders who have people of countries die in hunger and pain, all by god?

No , just because they changed their vision. money , thats the god to follow and has been since excisting of it. That is the true god.

Physics , nature , chemical those are the elements we try to bend for our own purpose,

And all what is on earth has his purpose indeed, eating and/or to be eaten.

From insects to plants all the same purpose.

We all came from evolution, from scraps and still we "evolve" , so are the other species and if you dont then you die. We are now also back in the fight again with bacterias and viruses, as they evolve and our medicines will not work anymore. S

SO maybe we all die soon to the tiniest creatures living with us , on us, in us.

Or maybe we have an outbreak on a biohazard lab, where they still keep viruses, like the plague.

Intrigued what you can do with it  them maybe.

Im not sure about HIV and H1N1 and ebola to run wild and pop up, wouldnt be surprised if they are experimenting with it. Like Australia also did with killing rabbits, carps, cats, with viruses. 

There is only one god and that is valued items like money, gold, diamonds.  since thousands of years

When one looks at the planet earth and all the plant life, sea life, and creatures that inhabit it including us, there is no way anyone could actually believe "we all came from evolution, from scrapes and still we evolve."   Something cannot come from nothing as some people would like you to believe.

You and a few others who have made silly comments on this site regarding their disbelief in God and his word as written in the Bible, appear to be suffering from spiritual blindness.  When you are spiritually blind you can't see Christ due to a hardened heart and won't come to the knowledge of the truth.

When you are spiritually blind you are separated from God.  People in false religions like Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Jehovah Witness, act. are examples of spiritually blindness.  Eyes are useless when the mind is blind.

Corinthians 4:3-4 If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. ????

• Haha 1

"Fundies"??  A "feather merchant" is someone who evades effort or responsibility.  It's nothing to get angry over.  

Yes, I know exactly what it means and it applies to Fundamentalists aka Fundies...whom stick to their old, tired, lazy, worn out ways and ideals instead getting some real schooling and learning something to bring them into the 20th century! I know 21st is too much to ask! haha 

Anyway not meant as derogatory, just a nickname.

When one looks at the planet earth and all the plant life, sea life, and creatures that inhabit it including us, there is no way anyone could actually believe "we all came from evolution, from scrapes and still we evolve."   Something cannot come from nothing as some people would like you to believe.

You and a few others who have made silly comments on this site regarding their disbelief in God and his word as written in the Bible, appear to be suffering from spiritual blindness.  When you are spiritually blind you can't see Christ due to a hardened heart and won't come to the knowledge of the truth.

When you are spiritually blind you are separated from God.  People in false religions like Catholicism, Mormonism, Islam, Jehovah Witness, act. are examples of spiritually blindness.  Eyes are useless when the mind is blind.

Corinthians 4:3-4 If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. ????

What a load of crap. Do you actually believe the BS you spew??? There is no way. You punking us again right? 

If not...

Yeah...your nonexistent Thing is the right one. What you wrongly believe is exactly what all other faiths wrongly believe. They say yours is false too. Yours isn't but mine is! Mines bigger than yours! I know you are but what am I? 555 

So prove it. Prove anything. Your book says so...so what?!? Your book and your nonexistent friend mean nothing. Zero Zilch. You're making claims so you have a burden of PROOF...yet offer nothing. Sad and embarrassing for you really. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

What a load of crap. Do you actually believe the BS you spew??? There is no way. You punking us again right? 

If not...

Yeah...your nonexistent Thing is the right one. What you wrongly believe is exactly what all other faiths wrongly believe. They say yours is false too. Yours isn't but mine is! Mines bigger than yours! I know you are but what am I? 555 

So prove it. Prove anything. Your book says so...so what?!? Your book and your nonexistent friend mean nothing. Zero Zilch. You're making claims so you have a burden of PROOF...yet offer nothing. Sad and embarrassing for you really. 

The Bible is one book, and yet it is made up of 66 books, was written by at least 40 different authors over a period of about 1600 years, in 13 different countries and on three different continents. It was written in at least three different languages by people in all professions. The Bible forms one beautiful temple of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way.  None of the writers profited from their writings.  Why did they do this and who inspired them?  That alone should tell you the Bible is the word of God.

I never gave any thought to spiritual blindness until I started reading a number of negative comments on this site regarding God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ.  You guys make me feel blessed, I am able to read and understand the Bible.  Thank you so much for doing this.

8 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible forms one beautiful temple of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way.  None of the writers profited from their writings.  Why did they do this and who inspired them?  That alone should tell you the Bible is the word of God.

A beautifully crafted sentence missing only one word at the beginning, "Arguably"  every point you made can be argued to the contrary  

By the way, why does the source of inspiration has to be a "who" and not a what?

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The Bible is one book, and yet it is made up of 66 books, was written by at least 40 different authors over a period of about 1600 years, in 13 different countries and on three different continents. It was written in at least three different languages by people in all professions. The Bible forms one beautiful temple of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way.  None of the writers profited from their writings.  Why did they do this and who inspired them?  That alone should tell you the Bible is the word of God.

Or.........it is a book of fairy stories, written and copied by many over hundreds of years.

image.png.76cbb174c88290e036889f5aaa8f8e06.png

• Like 1