Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

14 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Do you believe in God and why !

Do you really believe in him or any of the other Gods ?

I don't believe in a God but don't tell America bless em.

Whose " him" there's so many, I like that Odin one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

image.png.8fb4d86571453d3bac5fd9afc9e9ee32.png

Ah but you mustnt  mock religion, well I  think it  should  be mocked,  well and truly, beaten unto the ground until it submits to evidence, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, something ALL religions  cannot  supply.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I have not been sick like this for three years but I understand we’re you are coming from.

i guess i should have said i was just making a joke.    really did not mean any harm towards you.  I have been sick and realize how tough it can be.   wish only the best for you !    rumak

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Don't know if its the same these days, but as a child through Teens religion was forced upon us by means of Sunday School (unofficial free childminding), morning assembly which included Lords prayer and hymns everyday and Religious Education on the timetable which couldn't be swapped out for other subjects.

My young school days were like that, knees folded sitting on a hard floor, bored.

Remember other kids walking in after morning assembly belonging to other religions, I was envious of my Jewess friend she got more holiday days off school than me too. ????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

As a result of my Catholic education I read and wrote Latin and went to the special collections department at a big city library and read ancient texts on conjuring up girl slaves to take care of my teenage needs.  Never worked.  Parents thought I was a little nutty. 

Re: teenage needs, the lingerie section of the Sears catalog was always popular.  :giggle:

• Haha 2

"God" is a human given name for a higher force. (Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in Vain, 2nd Commandment) 

Churches are buildings from Bricks made by humans 

The German church deducts a copious amount of church tax directly from your income without asking, BY GERMAN LAW!

Beside this a local (voluntary) church fee had to be paid and if you didn't the church had even the guts to send you a reminder.

Unicef, Misereor and other organisations believe in the compassion of the people asking for donations of the people for the reason that some greedy humans pocket over 90% into their own pocket.

My Kids were grown up catholic and as it came to joining the school the catholic school denied to keep the seats for more important people in the community than were. My kids had to go to a school well known as social burning point 10Km further with 65% Muslim classmates well known for troubles every day spitting on my daughters.

The Bible is a book written by humans not given by any higher force.. 

Since centuries religion is the worst murder of all.. Is that God's will?

Why Christians hate Muslims and why Muslims hate Christians, don't say they do not. All do on either side!

And who does not is a liar. 

(Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor. 8Th commandment)

So I converted 15 years ago to Buddhism and donate when my heart is saying so.

I think there is a higher force we cannot imagine but I believe, if you do bad the bad comes from another end back to you and if you do good it will happen good to you coming from other direction where you not expect.

Is it a human called Name or is it just balance of good and bad? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems to me too many people are not able to see the difference between a God and religion ,it is so inter twined.

I hate religion for what it has done to me personally,i think if there was a God he/she /it would laugh at religion.

• Like 1

Our planet has too many perceived gods....Nobody knows which one is for real.....The head choppers think they are in the lead but I reckon they are smarting a bit cos their guy ain't come forward to point the way out of their woes..????

• Like 1

I think if you are wishing/seeking  for something special it's worthwhile spreading your beliefs around the various religions to see if anything meeting/close to your requirements pops up.

Hedging your bets.

In answer to the original question the answer is no but could be swayed if the circumstances and benefits were right. ????

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

In answer to the original question the answer is no but could be swayed if the circumstances and benefits were right. ????

OKAY.... let's start the first 100% transactional church.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Is that a gay one....?  ????

Maybe we should call it the Tranny church.

As long as you believe you have received good value, you can belong.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Maybe we should call it the Tranny church.

As long as you are happy with value received, you can belong.

Nooo, that stuff would be given to me by an earth bound bloke....????

Some of those are now being arrested....????

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

What is note worthy, is there are no atheist in hell.  Everyone in hell knows the truth, they just learned it too late.  It only takes 70 hours to read the Bible.  It will be the most important book you will ever read. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

If religion was  preached  at 18 years  old onwards  I doubt  it would be anywhere near as  successful.

Yeah religions interesting subject so many but as said if some people find comfort " so be it " Amen.

I fit in as a sort of agnostic type not an atheist. 

Remember talking in a congenial way to a Jehovah witness and he said I would burn in Hell, well I said, seeing as I want to be cremated in my demise it don't really matter does it.  ????

• Haha 2

For those putting their "faith" in science and that also like to read, I recommend "Origin Story: A Big History of Everything" by David Christian.  The science portion is slightly heavy in a few sections.  It is still a very interesting read for the layman.

<Origin Story>

4 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

For those putting their "faith" in science and that also like to read, I recommend "Origin Story: A Big History of Everything" by David Christian.  The science portion is slightly heavy in a few sections.  It is still a very interesting read for the layman.

<Origin Story>

Written by an earth bound bloke.....Show me something that wasn't....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

It has fasinated me for years that people can believe in god and that Jesus was born to his virgin mother .

Must make farangs with newfound girlfriends from NE with a sick buffalo feel like Mensa members, compared to his father.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 1

I am here now, I don’t know why I was born, but I surely know I will die. So instead of loosing my time in theology, I live my life very intensely. If there is a divine afterlife I will regard this as a bonus.
The universe, life, time is so relative and limits our understanding because we try to understand from our point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

A good theory needs some form of evidence to back it up or test it... Religious theories have zero evidence and shouldn't really be called a theory, scientist call it speculation.. anyone can speculate is so easy.   

• Like 1