Latest Retirement Extension a Warning .

I have absolutely no idea but you could be correct clause 4 of the translated new order states clearly 2 months but never mentions three months. The only time 3 month is mentioned and I quote " The alien (don't you just love the endearing way the refer to us) can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission etc etc."

5 minutes ago, khastan said:

I have absolutely no idea but you could be correct clause 4 of the translated new order states clearly 2 months but never mentions three months. The only time 3 month is mentioned and I quote " The alien (don't you just love the endearing way the refer to us) can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission etc etc."

Four mentions 3 months twice. Once on line 2 and again on line 5.

image.png.1d0bf781a89b1e08c2707fdba66c28ec.png

4 hours ago, yang123 said:

Am I missing something? 

OP had an income validation letter from the embassy issued in mid-December, thus valid for six months.  Why the need for bank statements/letters - combo method?  

It might be valid for 6 months in the eyes of the British embassy, but since 1st March they have not been accepted by immigration (my local ones at least).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, khastan said:

Yes agreed UbonJoe but where is the reference to 3 months before the application for extension.

There is no mention of 3 months before in the order. It eliminated the 3 months requirement and the 60 days for the first extension in the original clause of the police order and only mentions 2 months before.

20 minutes ago, MikeN said:

With reference to the last sentence, does anybody know for sure if the "3 months after being granted permission" starts on the day an extension is approved or from the expiry of the last extension/start of new one ? The qualifying period before is counted back from application date so i would assume it is 3 months after that too ...... but maybe that it too logical for Thai bureaucracy. I would hate to do an extension a month early, start spending the money 3 months later, only to be told next year that the 3 months started on the extension date and therefore I was a month short !

It is filing date and granted date the latter may not be the effective date of your extension