Big Joke latest: Embattled former top cop takes off for America

webfact

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Aww, you're spoiling the fun.

These people think he went and waited in the visa queue with his forms all filed in and the fee in his hand. They think he's paying for his hotel and transport and food too.

They are incapable of thinking that an advisor in the Thai PM's office will be a VIP in America.

This is because they have no breadth of imagination, mostly because they have been told how to think all their lives.

Problem is, doesn't sound like he's going in official status, rather, on personal leave, which he had to request from a superior.

As far as being a VIP......  he was just fired from his job, removed from the police force and made a "special advisor" to the guy who ordered all of it, using Art 44.  The position title is reported to be a euphemism for "inactive post".  If Prayuth thought he was awesome, and wanted him on the team, it wouldn't be going down like this. 

Moreover, he's been muzzled, and doesn't even have assigned duties yet.  His duties, are, reportedly, going to be discussed by others while he's not even in the room.  Not even in the country.  That's not indicative of rising star VIP material.

18 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Problem is, doesn't sound like he's going in official status, rather, on personal leave, which he had to request from a superior.

As far as being a VIP......   Not even in the country.  That's not indicative of rising star VIP material.

Ah well, if it doesn't sound like it, it must be true then.

Advisors in the PM's office in any country are just detritus right?

42 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Ah well, if it doesn't sound like it, it must be true then.

Advisors in the PM's office in any country are just detritus right?

His post is an inactive one.

He doesn't have duties assigned to him.

He's not going in any kind of official status.

Accordingly, no requests made for official handling, and bear in mind, he's on Prayuth's shit list. 

‘Big Joke’ granted leave for US trip

By The Nation

Former Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn is on leave until the end of April, his new boss said on Thursday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367919

thenation_logo.jpg

Ok , are we done with the jokes now ?  

It will not surprise me if Big Joke will become the next Minister of Foreign affairs in the new Prayut government. He is just starting to learn about the world and the first stop is in the US.    

Please god...if there is one...make him go through what I had to do this week / month to get back in....take him to the "risky tourist" desk...behind the tinted glass doors...and then be interview like a criminal...and then be told to supply all the documents and almost still not be let in...I guess I drank my lucky tea for breakfast. Seriously the worst few experiences in the past 2 weeks in the 12 years of coming here...well I guess living...but actually a super long off and on holiday. I dont work here as they suspect I do I think or be told I stay to long to many times on not correct visa...please tell me which one suits my style here. I almost bought the elite visa just to put all this behind me but I already dropped enough cash here...no reason to throw good money after bad.

Provided bank statements and cash when asked.  I tried and was told to provide more documentation for an investment visa (yea...dont bust my balls on that, stupid me). All paperwork for a 2.5B investment visa on the immigration act was provided..now need bankbooks of a development company that doesnt exist anymore...and when asked I asked the former owner looked at me like I was nuts...what large company has those? According to law nothing is stated for needing it, just bank transfer paperwork, which I had. Denied being able to LEAVE Thailand by land...forced to return to the airport to leave. Denied a SETV last week. I have a glutony of multiple other countries for work...not exactly other vacation destinations so quite obvious my place of employmemt. Past 3 years worked once for a few months...so over 1 year in thailand 2 times...but cant get my retirement visa or investment visa...so...long holiday for me as a none retiree. 

I really hope things go well for him over there...and things can calm down here.  Enough venting...trying to recover from the van ride back...have a good day...because I definitely have not had a good few days myself.

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

As far as being a VIP......  he was just fired from his job, removed from the police force and made a "special advisor" to the guy who ordered all of it, using Art 44.  The position title is reported to be a euphemism for "inactive post".  If Prayuth thought he was awesome, and wanted him on the team, it wouldn't be going down like this. 

Moreover, he's been muzzled, and doesn't even have assigned duties yet.  His duties, are, reportedly, going to be discussed by others while he's not even in the room.  Not even in the country.  That's not indicative of rising star VIP material.

How can he afford a trip to America? I didn't know his position paid so much to afford such a luxury. Tickets alone must cost more than a months salary. Wonder if he was as straightforward as he claimed to be able to afford such a trip?

6 hours ago, Traubert said:

Aww, you're spoiling the fun.

These people think he went and waited in the visa queue with his forms all filed in and the fee in his hand. They think he's paying for his hotel and transport and food too.

They are incapable of thinking that an advisor in the Thai PM's office will be a VIP in America.

This is because they have no breadth of imagination, mostly because they have been told how to think all their lives.

Yeap, it’s all one big ruse. 

They’re gonna shame and embarrass Big Joke now only to promote him to something big later on. We all know how face isn’t important in Thai culture. 

12 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Doesn't need one.

He has a diplomatic passport. 

Red passport that all senior government officials have.

I dont think so, didn't get stripped off all his privileges demoted to civil servant? 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Ok , are we done with the jokes now ?  

It will not surprise me if Big Joke will become the next Minister of Foreign affairs in the new Prayut government. He is just starting to learn about the world and the first stop is in the US.    

Yeah, i see where you're coming from, BJ needs to learn about the world, let's send him to the US, LOL.

23 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Has the Donald offered him a job to take over the US Border Patrol and to elaborate a new visa rules ?

If you are refering to President Donald Trump, I doubt he needs help in this area as the USA does not border Thailand. Your weak attempt at political humour misses the mark of a connection between fact, timing and fantasy.

4 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m sure his funds for retirement are well seasoned 

He was taught some law enforcement techniques I think in Texas. This is why he probably became a loose cannon, and this is why it is easy for him to unfortunately visit the USA. 

I totally agree. If he is under investigation for any criminal activities he should be denied entry to the U.S. Maybe someone should drop a dime on him. I am now happily living in the U.S. after residing in Thailand for 15 years. I am taking care of some financial matters now and going to come in to a large financial windfall. Guess what, I am not going to spend ONE CENT IN THAILAND.

If so- why are you still reading the news on ThaiVisa? [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

23 hours ago, docwjw said:

I sincerely ask, was there collusion with the US Embassy in Bangkok???  PLIASE, PLEASE tell me the Embassy is above collusion!!!  BETTER YET, prove it.  This is not a "BIG JOKE" with me!!!  My friend is an ordinary Thai, is that the reason their 3 week US holiday request was denied??? I welcome ALL your replies!!!

Why the hell would BJ need to collude with the US Embassy. He is not under arrest, or under court orders so presumably like any other Thai is able to submit an application for a VISA. Being head of the immigration in Thailand prior to his removal is a fairly high profile position in Thailand. I see no reason why BJ would not easily fulfill all requirements to allow him to be given a VISA to travel.

How can anyone give you any comment on your friend when no one has a clue about them. People get denied VISAS to the US and all countries regularly. How the hell would anyone know why your friend was denied.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Former Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn is on leave until the end of April, his new boss said on Thursday.

Why wouldn't I be surprised if May 2019 find Mr. B. Joke still residing in the Land of the Free and The Home of the Brave?

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Neither does half the southern population of USA.

Really so you are saying that different dialects don't qualify as language.  So Scots, Irish and Welsh, Canadians, Americans and Australians should not be deemed to be speaking english. And where were you educated or were you?

Archived