Ombudsman dismisses bid to void election

snoop1130

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Unbelievable the Constitution Court doesn’t want to supersede over doing the right thing over a constitutional issue. 

None of the people have any morals, in my experience.

They are of the same cloth. Rich Thai, poor Thai, dark skinned Thai, light skinned Thai, well-schooled Thai, no school Thai. All Thai first and foremost. 

Edited by Fex Bluse

21 hours ago, choff56 said:

Dictatorship is coming, dictatorship is coming. Are there any Patriots out there?

It has arrived! But the cloak has not quite dropped. Strong arming those with their eyes open papers to be the current policy.

14 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Take your racist hat off for a second, like that’s possible, and name a country that isn’t like that in a world lurching full speed to the right ? 

What is wrong in indigenous populations putting their needs before non indigenous ?? Please explain the rationale behind why that’s wrong 

I'll post something similarly silly wearing whatever hat you were wearing. 

https://theconversation.com/humans-are-wired-for-prejudice-but-that-doesnt-have-to-be-the-end-of-the-story-36829

"our brains are able to assess “in-group” (us) and “out-group” (them) membership within a fraction of a second. This ability, once necessary for our survival, has largely become a detriment to society." 

So, by your logic, what would be wrong with an adult middle aged man having intercourse with a 9 year old girl? After all, it's just natural instinct, just as it was thousands of years ago, right? 

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

None of the people have any morals, in my experience.

They are of the same cloth. Rich Thai, poor Thai, dark skinned Thai, light skinned Thai, well-schooled Thai, no school Thai. All Thai first and foremost. 

555 and its so different in your country i think not here thye are just more honest about it like corruption in west corruption is massive but legal here its in open and small beer mostly 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Except those cast overseas in New Zealand, those who voted for Surapon Kiethcaiyakorn (the one "Orange carded" etc., etc., etc., etc., !

In the latter case a mere 50,000 votes. I wonder what formula the EC secretly harbours that ensures just enough votes are cancelled, to give a favourable balance of party list seats, for the incumbent? It's nothing short of creative that's for sure. Every week a new scenario as a previous one begins to lose momentum. There must be a very busy team at work, propelled by good intentions, and good people...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

So, by your logic, what would be wrong with an adult middle aged man having intercourse with a 9 year old girl? After all, it's just natural instinct, just as it was thousands of years ago, right? 

I seriously doubt middle-aged men desiring intercourse with 9 year old girls have ever been a "natural instinct" at any point in human history.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Take your racist hat off for a second, like that’s possible, and name a country that isn’t like that in a world lurching full speed to the right ? 

What is wrong in indigenous populations putting their needs before non indigenous ?? Please explain the rationale behind why that’s wrong 

When their army is doing it for them regardless of whether the indigenous, or 'Pure' like it or not? Rigging constitutions and elections in the process?

As a lefty snowflake liberal poofter, it's a 'No Thanks' from me.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Constitutional Court, however, has decided against giving a verdict on this issue that was brought by the EC itself, saying it was the authority of the EC to handle the calculation of MP seats.

Maybe it's a translation misstatement or misunderstanding, but it is true that it is the authority of the EC to "handle" or MAKE the official calculation of MP seats. However, it is the Constitution that DEFINES the calculation (aka algorithm - a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations).

If the Court is really saying that the EC can redefine the algorithm than merely applying it to the election results, then the Court itself is in violation of the Constitution. Such a change in the algorithm constitutes an amendment to the constitution and the EC has no authority to amend the constitution nor even participate in an amendment vote! In fact the Court itself has no authority to amend the Constitution.

Amendment of the constitution is the sole authority of the Legislative Branch (the bicameral Parliament) and neither the EC nor the Court is not part of the Legislative Branch.

As Prayut had abolished the Senate with the coup and his appointed Senate has not yet been installed, the House is the legislative branch. It must, therefore, pass the amendment before the EC can proceed. Obviously, not a quick overnight process.

In the alternative Prayut as Chief NCPO can unilaterally amend the Constitution by invoking Article 44. However, with Prayut being a PM candidate who might politically benefit from amending the Constitution that such potential conflict of interest could create further public chaos and harm Thailand's international reputation as an alleged democracy. So Prayut might be hesitant to use Article 44.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, dallen52 said:

And why should he?

It's a military junta running the show.

The only real counting is when the brown paper envelopes are being prepared...

The new Zealand vote would have been well policed, by the Thai embassy or offices of and strictly organised observers.

I think that not accepting these votes is a democratic injustice and a blur on the election in full international view.

I would probably only amount to 10,000 votes at the most but that may make a difference, this difference may be the reason for invalidation.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, Inn Between said:

Gotta love Thai politics. 

The Junta leader puts himself in power for 5 years, promising an election year after year, and he now will be in power for another 4 or 5 years while he promises to get the results of this one sorted out. 

No wonder that Thailand is going backwards.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, bluesea said:

WATCH OUT THIS GUY IS GOING TO GET A LANDSLIDE VICTORY IN THE NEXT ELECTION, THANKS TO THE E.C & OMBUDSMAN  NOW THEY HAVE DOTTED THE I's AND CROSSED THE T's FOR HIM.

Thanathorn had argued previously that he had transferred the shares to his mother before joining politics. But if the EC proves otherwise, the political superstar whose party had won over six million votes, could be disqualified from having a seat in the Lower House.

I would'nt mind betting that the general has got this one 'tied up' already.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, icare999 said:

555 and its so different in your country i think not here thye are just more honest about it like corruption in west corruption is massive but legal here its in open and small beer mostly 

I really don't think that honesty has anything to do with it. In fact the word is rarely recognised in Thai politics.