Your neighbors

bapoboy

Just now, Gracas said:

Why did you not say something to him ? Maybe, why are you pouring beer on my dogs.

Because I can’t speak thai and somchai doesn’t understand English, he have never been friendly, always angry looking face.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I would have barked out loudly at him.

I barked loudly to my dogs and told them to come inside haha! a big problem is if your neighbors or someone in your neighborhood doesn’t like you or your dogs, they will poison your dogs, this happen regularly. What it’s strange about this neighborhood is that my neighbors on the opposite site actually talked to me the first day I moved in 3 months ago and always give me a smile and talk to me,but the neighbors on the the the right that poured the beer on them have always had the angry face even when I have given them a smile and said hello.

Most Thais are nice and good people, but then you have the drunken somchai that always get upset easily.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bapoboy said:

I can speak basic thai, but I do understand much more then I can speak. I will say I’m better at numbers then words. Next month I will go to learn some more Thai, i signed up for a course last week because as you said it’s necessary.

i will say I have been lazy, but at least I will start soon when the class level 1 starts.

The teacher took up some pages of the Thai alphabet and told me, let’s start to learn the alphabet first,

i must say she was out of her by doing that, but again it might be the best way to learn thai or the worst.

16 hours a week for 4 months first, but told me to do as many hours as I wanted, but that to much.. 6 hours da day, no thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

definitely you need to learn the thai alphabet first.

I think you may need a maths tutor as well.

16 divided by 7 or even 5 doesn’t equal 6

I meant that I will do 16 hours a week,    But she told me I can do as many hours as I wanted, but I won’t be doing 6 hours a day. The schedules are 10-12, 13-15, 15-17.

if I did 6 hours a day 5 times a week that will be 30 hours, to much for me.

I had a neighbour next door who was a relatively young alcoholic. When his wife went to work, he would open his car doors, put the stereo on full blast, sit next to the car, drink his beer and fall asleep. The blaring music sometimes went on for hours. My wife had a word with his wife, to no avail so the next time that it happened I pointed my hosepipe over the party wall, filled his car with water and drenched him until he woke up. He didn't say a word, switched his car stereo off and went inside. There were no repeats of the incident. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My neighbours are all really nice, no noise, I smile and wave as I walk by, they smile and wave back.

Sometimes the little old ladies/men leave gifts of fruit or food at my back door.

The kids all play nicely in the road together, whichever parent is out there sorts out any problems.

It's a proper community like we used to have in the UK prior to the 1960s.

The only noise is from birds tweeting loudly in the garden (and my bread machine going).

I'm sitting in front of the TV, doors and windows wide open as usual, gf went to market on her bicycle, son upstairs on Youtube. The lady next door just waved at me outside the window and walked away with my bicycle pump to use on her tires.

If it wasn't for all the immigration BS, life here would be perfect.

Nice that they leave you gifts of fruit or food when they are only one paycheck away from house repossession. 

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My neighbours are all really nice, no noise, I smile and wave as I walk by, they smile and wave back.

Sometimes the little old ladies/men leave gifts of fruit or food at my back door.

The kids all play nicely in the road together, whichever parent is out there sorts out any problems.

It's a proper community like we used to have in the UK prior to the 1960s.

The only noise is from birds tweeting loudly in the garden (and my bread machine going).

I'm sitting in front of the TV, doors and windows wide open as usual, gf went to market on her bicycle, son upstairs on Youtube. The lady next door just waved at me outside the window and walked away with my bicycle pump to use on her tires.

If it wasn't for all the immigration BS, life here would be perfect.

Exactly the same for me, I actually love it when a neighbour wanders into my garden, picks a couple of papaya off the tree and wanders off without speaking. My wife has just harvested a large bunch of bananas. A third we will keep. A third will be given to family and friends and a third will be given to our neighbours. It's always reciprocated twofold. A real community. Days of yore in the UK.

The only difference for me is that I've never had a problem with Immigration. The IO in Pattaya is sweet.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I had a neighbour next door who was a relatively young alcoholic. When his wife went to work, he would open his car doors, put the stereo on full blast, sit next to the car, drink his beer and fall asleep. The blaring music sometimes went on for hours. My wife had a word with his wife, to no avail so the next time that it happened I pointed my hosepipe over the party wall, filled his car with water and drenched him until he woke up. He didn't say a word, switched his car stereo off and went inside. There were no repeats of the incident. 

nice one......