War on sex traffickers to continue, pledges PM Prayut

webfact

2 hours ago, raccos21 said:

So how about the bars, clubs and streets in Bangkok and Pattaya. It is same, why he didn’t clean up that first. South is not really a tourists location.

Exactly, someone obviously has upset a general or top cop, not enough brown envelopes, if they were serious, target Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc etc, and Thailand would be dead, no tourists, lets face it, most are here for the sleaze and sex, Thailand is not really a tropical paradise as its made out to be, families come and are so disappointed, yeh a few fun parks, zoos and temples, then what, bars and whores, 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Bt750-Bt800 of this went to the bar’s coffers while the women had to wait until the end of the month to get their share.

Carrying out the raid on the last day of the month. Convenient.

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Seems kind of expensive for such an obscure province.  Do foreigners even ever visit that area?

You have overlooked the sizeable trade from Malaysia. Hat Yai is more well-known for this though.

• Like 1

It's fairly well known in Chiang Mai one of the biggest karaoke bars here ( with options ) is owned by a very senior local policeman.

Of course, Chiang Mai is of no account to the Bangkok elite ( smog crisis, anyone? ) so out of sight, out of mind.

7 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Foreign offenders especially Westerners are only a very tiny percentage of offenders /users of these services, lets see prosecution of Thais for being users !

Are you for real ? Nobody mentioned Westerners in this news article, it was only Thais involved and arrested. 

• Like 1

But if they crackdown too much there wont be any hookers for the sexpats and tourists .
There will be plenty of Thai girls. Foreign sexworkers can be found but tend to service locals and not tourists.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why should anyone want to stop prostitution? What people do with their own bodies is their own business, as
long as no one is being forced to do anything against their will, and of course no under age sex.

They don't want to stop prostitution. They are trying to stop trafficking and underage providers.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They don't want to stop prostitution. They are trying to stop trafficking and underage providers.

Yes, that's true, but the poster did ask the question, how do you stop prostitution?

If the poster has asked, how do you stop trafficking and underage providers? 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's fairly well known in Chiang Mai one of the biggest karaoke bars here ( with options ) is owned by a very senior local policeman.

Of course, Chiang Mai is of no account to the Bangkok elite ( smog crisis, anyone? ) so out of sight, out of mind.

Chiang Mai is of no account to anyone anymore....its a filthy, odiferous, corrupt polluted place populated by the degenerated dregs of the once proud Lanna people and hordes of loathesome orclike obese Brits and Ozzies who are strewn about in sodden, drunken heaps of stinky sweaty flesh.......yuck

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The investigation found that the bar allowed customers to take the Lao sex workers out for sex services at a rate of Bt1,500 per hour or Bt3,000 per night.

Bt750-Bt800 of this went to the bar’s coffers while the women had to wait until the end of the month to get their share.

The latest arrests followed a March 21 raid on a karaoke shop in Nong Khai’s Chiang Khan district that stemmed from a tip-off by the same NGO. That raid rescued 10 Laos women, one of whom told Thai authorities they used to work at the karaoke shop in Sungai Kolok, triggering an investigation that led to Monday’s raid.

Officials said the investigation has turned to identifying the gang behind the trafficking of Laos women into prostitution in the two bars.

So they were all willing prostitutes? 

It sounds like cleaning out the foreigners for taking business off the locals.

10 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Seems kind of expensive for such an obscure province.  Do foreigners even ever visit that area?

Yes!  The foreigners that visit are from Malaysia as Narathiwat province’s Sungai Kolok district sits right on the Thai-Malaysia border.  As for western tourists very few visit this province although I did back in 1999 while riding my bicycle through the deep south.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Chiang Mai is of no account to anyone anymore....its a filthy, odiferous, corrupt polluted place populated by the degenerated dregs of the once proud Lanna people and hordes of loathesome orclike obese Brits and Ozzies who are strewn about in sodden, drunken heaps of stinky sweaty flesh.......yuck

Oh dear. I just knew my posts on other threads would provoke you into an over-the-top response.

Sweaty yes. That can't be helped in this climate without aircon. Stinky? I deny this indignantly. I use deodorant. Drunken? Only on weekends, mildly. Obese? I prefer slightly overweight.

Watch out for the Lanna people. My GF is one of them. You really do not want to mess with her, 42 kg of high explosive.

And this is coming from a person who prefers the environs of Bangkok? Think of Thailand as a bathtub. Bangkok is the plughole where all the rivers drain to the sea waiting 1 metre below you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Good things come in small packages, pun fully intended.

Great line dude, kudosx2.

Anyway, back to reality, You were supposed to get me fixed up with her sister. You failed. I must now expose you for the fraud you are.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Anyway, back to reality, You were supposed to get me fixed up with her sister. You failed. I must now expose you for the fraud you are.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Her daughter, fool.

• Haha 1

Isn't it interesting, while Thailand is on war against sex trafficking. A quite large number of Thai woman travel to South Korea, Japan, Singapore and other places for working in the sex business. 

Sending back money for the family, and the men of the family spending the money in karaoke bars with Laotian woman. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

the human trafficking prevention and suppression fund had paid a total of Bt6.15 million in compensation to victims in the same period

If I am reading this correctly, it is good to see that they are attempting to provide these "victims" with some money to help them move forward. Yes, I realize how optimistic that thought is.

4 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

Give me the authority and one week and I would accomplish more in that week than they did all year. 

Sure about that? Endless examples of "authority" that has been put down like a bad dog.

16 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Malaysians. Lots of them. Sungai Kolok is a busy border town.

16 hours ago, shackleton said:

the Government cant win on this they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't 

at least something is being done no matter how little it seems

to  some people  here on the Thai Visa Forum 

you can fool some of the people...