Showing bank book after 90 days?

So some offices need you to go back 90 days after your retirement extension to prove you still have the 800k in the bank. Will this need another bank letter and updating the same day, and what happens if you are abroad at the 90 day mark? Do you go in some time before or when you comeback, if you are late is there a fine?

38 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

So some offices need you to go back 90 days after your retirement extension to prove you still have the 800k in the bank.

Jomtien is the only Office that has made this request. 

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Feedback from friends in Chiang Rai, and I believe I read of one other place here on TV.

I'd say that's a maybe.  Seems we have a case of one or two rouge offices making up rules until further verification becomes available. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'd say that's a maybe.  Seems we have a case of one or two rouge offices making up rules until further verification becomes available. 

Why would it be a maybe when it emanates from a personal friend. (2 actually).

Jomtiem is a major IO and is certainly asking people to return and that will affect me in the future. 

Ok.  I'm confused by ya'll who are saying Jomtiem has been checking retiree extension applicants by requiring them to return after 90 days to show a bankbook.  How's that?
The requirement didn't come into effect until March 1, 2019.  So only those applying on or after March 1st should be subject to the change.  Assuming someone applied on March 1st, he wouldn't be required to 'return in 90 days' until May 30th.  

Is the cart ahead of the horse here?  

• Thanks 1

Just did my latest 90 day report at Nonthaburi Immigration today. Same routine as  every time before. No mention of needing to see my bank book either today or on my next visit. Seems like it is as I was told by them previously, that I will only need to show my updated bank book plus bank letter when I go to apply for my next extension of stay, at which time they will check that I have maintained the required amounts throughout the year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

just did my latest extension last week at Chiang Mai,

and the officer never mentioned reporting back in 90 days

to show money still in the account.

Just make sure you follow their recommendation,as any 

going below,the 800,000 Thb and then 400,000 Thb could/will

result in your next extension been denied.

regards worgeordie

What about 200k for long term elderly foreigners ?

2 hours ago, connda said:

Ok.  I'm confused by ya'll who are saying Jomtiem has been checking retiree extension applicants by requiring them to return after 90 days to show a bankbook.  How's that?
The requirement didn't come into effect until March 1, 2019.  So only those applying on or after March 1st should be subject to the change.  Assuming someone applied on March 1st, he wouldn't be required to 'return in 90 days' until May 30th.  

They haven't been checking yet, but have been giving people a piece of paper stamped with the date for them to report back with bank book. Some have posted a copy of the paper on the forum. Just have to browse some posts to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, connda said:

You aren't confused.  You are 100% correct.  

Not one of these people reporting in was ever told by their Immigration Office to bring their bank book back inside to the Immigration Office three months after getting an 800k extension.   I have tried explaining to people from different IOs that this policy does not apply to them, just Jomtien and only those who got 800k extensions on or after March 1, 2019.  But no one is listening so I will stop saying anything. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That has been answered more than once in other topics.

If needed you will only need your updated bank book. No need for the letter from the bank.

People have asked about not being here at the 3 months point and have been told to do it as soon as they return,

Hi Joe,

I am due to renew my extension at Samui immigration in June, but went to the IO yesterday to clarify exact requirements just to make sure.

As expected there are a number of changes even since my last 90 day report.

I am traveling to the UK on June 12th potentially returning to Thailand July 31st. I asked a number of questions about the reporting requirements. They said I don't need to come back to the IO until my 90 day report is due...i.e., within 90 days of re-entry.

They told me to bring my Bank Book and statements with a letter confirming balances covering the dates from my extension to the present (at 90 days) after re-entry.

They also said that using the 800k method they want seasoning for 3 months before the "extension application" and 3 months after the the actual renewal date (Mine is July 1st).

I didn't ask about subsequent 90 day reports as anything can and will change. As usual it seems every office and each Immigration Official has their own rules.

However, I plan to visit the IO immediately upon my return just to be on the safe side, (even though Samui immigration have never bothered me for a TM30)....No use saying..."But you told me Blah, Blah!"...We all know that doesn't work.

Hope this helps someone if not just Samui guys, but my advice would be never to assume anything when it comes to Thai Immigration and always err on the side of caution....visit your IO to clarify everything as near to the time as you can BEFORE your next visit is Theoretically due!

• Like 1

The question is. Did you get a years extension or 90 days? If 90 days, then you will need to return to get the other 275 days. Simple as. I agree with Worgeordie however, they may check your book next year and refuse if not in order.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I can gather agent use is still in full swing and if anything has increased so what is the point of it ?,

Has the price gone up or down, or remained same? The changes were made so that IOs can make more money to fulfill their hope and aspiration. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why would it be a maybe when it emanates from a personal friend. (2 actually).

Jomtiem is a major IO and is certainly asking people to return and that will affect me in the future. 

Don't know them and don't know you so it's hearsay.  If the information was posted here with where and when it would be different.

Edited by marcusarelus

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

What about 200k for long term elderly foreigners ?

That was the grandfathered amount ,after the rise to 800.000 THB,

those that have it must be really elderly foreigners by now.

regards Worgeordie

3 hours ago, Mario666 said:

Hi Joe,

I am due to renew my extension at Samui immigration in June, but went to the IO yesterday to clarify exact requirements just to make sure.

As expected there are a number of changes even since my last 90 day report.

I am traveling to the UK on June 12th potentially returning to Thailand July 31st. I asked a number of questions about the reporting requirements. They said I don't need to come back to the IO until my 90 day report is due...i.e., within 90 days of re-entry.

They told me to bring my Bank Book and statements with a letter confirming balances covering the dates from my extension to the present (at 90 days) after re-entry.

They also said that using the 800k method they want seasoning for 3 months before the "extension application" and 3 months after the the actual renewal date (Mine is July 1st).

I didn't ask about subsequent 90 day reports as anything can and will change. As usual it seems every office and each Immigration Official has their own rules.

However, I plan to visit the IO immediately upon my return just to be on the safe side, (even though Samui immigration have never bothered me for a TM30)....No use saying..."But you told me Blah, Blah!"...We all know that doesn't work.

Hope this helps someone if not just Samui guys, but my advice would be never to assume anything when it comes to Thai Immigration and always err on the side of caution....visit your IO to clarify everything as near to the time as you can BEFORE your next visit is Theoretically due!

I went to Samui Immigration one weeks ago and they gave me this list of documents which are required for extension of stay base on retirement visa.

About the 800k method, they want seasoning 2 months before and 3 months after the extension application same as show Section 5.1.

I don't understand why they told to you 3 months and not 2 months same as they really required.

20190501_212641.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 6:19 PM, PaulDee said:

Did my 90-day report in Jomtien last week. No mention of bank balance!

I did my 90 day report today,no mention of the fact my visa expires in 89 days,said i'm changing to marriage visa do i need to keep money in the bank after. reply by Koh Chang officer " i don,t know" so there we have it.:crying:

• Like 1

I don't understand why they told to you 3 months and not 2 months same as they really required.

The problem is when you go with two months seasoning and they reject the application because they now want three months, then what are you going to do.

• 2 weeks later...