Showing bank book after 90 days?

Slightly off topic, but I was thinking recently that, due to this requirement by certain offices to inspect your bank book balance at reporting, having your bank book stolen, damaged, or lost, could very well be even more problematic than the same happening to your passport.  

The bank book itself is worthless, but what it now represents, for these certain offices, goes directly to your ability to reside here.   

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Slightly off topic, but I was thinking recently that, due to this requirement by certain offices to inspect your bank book balance at reporting, having your bank book stolen, damaged, or lost, could very well be even more problematic than the same happening to your passport.  

Not a problem since you can go to your bank and request a statement that will show everything for the past 6 months. Immigration would certainly accept that along with your new bank book.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a problem since you can go to your bank and request a statement that will show everything for the past 6 months. Immigration would certainly accept that along with your new bank book.

I was under the belief statements were not accepted, because they could be easily altered. It had to be the bank letter or the bank book.  Of course, I could be wrong, and I probably am. 

Getting a new bank book is no problem, but you lose the historical monthly deposit record.  

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I was under the belief statements were not accepted, because they could be easily altered. It had to be the bank letter or the bank book.

A statement done by the bank would be stamped and signed by them. Some offices want them instead of the bank book or both.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A statement done by the bank would be stamped and signed by them. Some offices want them instead of the bank book or both.

Ok.  All good then. 

The new laws certainly have shifted some workload onto the banks, but then again, they are the recipients of a lot of cheap farang money as a result of the new laws. 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I heard the same from Chiangrai, so claiming only Jomtiem is wrong. 

I am sure this practice will spread across the provinces.

The unanswered question is, what will happen if / when someone goes under the the amount. 

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

The unanswered question is, what will happen if / when someone goes under the the amount.

One is obviously in default of the terms and conditions of the current extension, conditions one has signed agreement and acceptance of. My first thought is the Extension can be cancelled, I would hope a 'fine' and opportunity to re-establish the monetary requirements is given. My thoughts are by no means even an educated guess.