Phuket: Illegal luxury mansion given 30 days to be removed

webfact

Illegal luxury mansion given 30 days to be removed

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1556771743_1-org.jpg

The plot as identified on the Treasury Department Land Register for Chanote land titles issued in Thailand. Image: Treasury Dept / Google Maps

PHUKET: The owners of the luxury mansion under construction overlooking Bang Wad reservoir in Kathu have been given 30 days to remove the structure or face legal action.

The news follows an inspection of the site by officials last Wednesday (Apr 24), after which it was confirmed that the building was illegal as it contravened the ban on all construction above 80 metres above sea level.

“Kathu Mayor Chaianan Sutthikul on Monday (Apr 29) signed an order to suspend construction and for the building to be removed within 30 days,” Tassanee Saetong, Chief Administrative Officer (Palad) at Kathu Municipality, confirmed to The Phuket News.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/illegal-luxury-mansion-given-30-days-to-be-removed-71286.php#xY6s8gUoqh8HYjBw.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-02
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

Of course the headline translates to, "Has 30 days to come up with a big fat envelope "

The development down by Ao Sane still went ahead regardless of the alleged illegalities.

Yes, but that one wasn't ordered demolished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

contravened the ban on all construction above 80 metres above sea level.

Pathetic comes to mind....can't have a structure on a hill!!! 

I need a drink, but it's between 2:00pm and 5:00pm...pathetic

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen a similar place in Phuket, all broken down with some remains.

On top of a hill, must have been some kind of resort, i guess. 

Or just the famous beach, forgot name, all broken down, with some (quite a lot junk) left overs. 

5 hours ago, steelepulse said:

This "30 days to clear" hasn't worked on any project that I can recall seeing in the news the last few years.  Will this be any different...........?

Was it Paradise Beach or Freedom Beach structures which were ordered demolished a few years back........as well as the stopping of thugs collecting an entrance fee??

But we know who is behind it and he/they are well connected in the Patong criminal hierarchy, so nothing happened!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I've seen a similar place in Phuket, all broken down with some remains.

On top of a hill, must have been some kind of resort, i guess. 

Or just the famous beach, forgot name, all broken down, with some (quite a lot junk) left overs. 

southern end Bang tao?

If they carry an 80 meters check of buildings on Koh Samui, there's going to be an awful lot of very unhappy people, including large hotels!  But there again, they have already probably submitted their substantial brown invelopes to the appropriate people!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

Was it Paradise Beach or Freedom Beach structures which were ordered demolished a few years back........as well as the stopping of thugs collecting an entrance fee??

But we know who is behind it and he/they are well connected in the Patong criminal hierarchy, so nothing happened!

I was just about to comment the same.

It was Paradise Beach where some of the structures were deemed to be illegal and ordered demolished. To the best of my knowledge, the demolition never happened.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

southern end Bang tao?

It is Surin beach, checked it on maps. But thats the one.

Though i also see in Google maps, pics sep 2018, new concrete poles. Are they building up again?

Even a lifeguard house. When i saw it in 2016, there was nothing but old cables lying around, big pieces of broken concrete and even left in ground. It looked like a garbage dump, they didnt clear.

The pics are also mixed with pics of 2017 and then it looks somehow alive again, even with WASTE baskets!! So they are back and building it up again?  Matter of time, first destroyed and now.......? 

• Like 1