"Morally gross Russian beg-packers" face hail of criticism from Thais and foreigners alike

webfact

5 hours ago, Jack100 said:

A few years ago  , at certain times in Suk. there was the Aussie  down and out teacher with a cardboard sign which said "need ticket home " . Wonder what happened to that one . !

I remember this one. Came past once when a Thai offered him work. He didn't want it. He made good money. Perhaps he retired with all the donations.

• Like 1

Why don't they just work as prostitutes?

On 5/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, webfact said:

the removal of testicles

Whoops! Better get to work while they are still attached.

20 hours ago, Pachalan said:

What makes this particularly unpalatable for me is, that when I came to live in Thailand 4 years ago from London, one of the many things that first struck me, was a complete lack of begging. Most Thai people, unless they have had a Government job will not receive a state pension, and consequently, as most of you will know, have to continue working until they shuffle their feet into the next dimension.

Where I live (Hua Hin) there is a very old lady, bent over a small trolly at 90° unable to stand upright, trudging the Soi’s looking for plastic bottles to try and get a few Baht for. I feel an obligation from my relative place of comfort, to stop and give her a few Baht when I see her, but it is not much I know, and there are many like her in Thailand. So it sickens me to see these two young men begging when a frail, crippled old lady is too proud to. I hope they are arrested, prosecuted and banned from ever entering the Kingdom again. I also hope other things for them, but somethings are better left unsaid ..... PEACE

Yes I have seen the lady you mentioned as I lived there for 6 years I always gave her a few baht or some food. Not like those annoying flower sellers controlled by the lady in the wheel chair according to my Thai lady she has millions huge house and treats those flower sellers like crap

On 5/3/2019 at 1:44 PM, Uptooyoo said:

At first when I saw the picture it reminded me of any-street, California, USA. A ubiquitous sight indeed: young able-bodied millennials looking for a hand-out using cheesy scraps of cardboard with hand written pleas for money. Face reality. It's too early for you to retire in Thailand! You have a lifetime of putting your nose to the grind stone like the rest of us did. See you back here in 30 years with a pension. Time to get a job or move back in with mom....

"Big Joke" where are you when we need you!!!! Old guys who paid their dues-in, free loaders-out! 

Thats B/S the pension age will rise to 70  in 30 years.

You boomers got rich off us millenials and refuse to hand over 1$

• Haha 1

Over 200 posts, full of indignation. Try Myanmar if you want to see begging in an environment of extreme poverty. What is so hard about simply walking past, or saying no?

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for women with young children.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Over 200 posts, full of indignation. Try Myanmar if you want to see begging in an environment of extreme poverty. What is so hard about simply walking past, or saying no?

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for women with young children.

?? i have traveled all over Burma in the past 4 years an have been going there since 88,

seldom see beggars  UNLESS they are very very old or disabled and even then ONLY around temples.

Compare that to Phnom Penh or bangkok were u see them everywhere.

Now than there is India, where begging is an art in itself...:-)

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

?? i have traveled all over Burma in the past 4 years an have been going there since 88,

seldom see beggars  UNLESS they are very very old or disabled and even then ONLY around temples.

I was there about 6 months ago, a large number of them around the central railway station in Yangon. Local newspapers were saying there were some Chinese dressed up as monks that were begging.

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I think it's about relative poverty. Russia is not really a 3rd world country as has been described here. There are plenty of Russians going on holiday to many different countries, the Russian mafia is well established in Goa for example. The number of Thais who regularly travel abroad is relatively few.

You can't stop begging, unless you are in a police state, and I don't disapprove of it per se, some people are genuinely desperate and I am tired of hearing cow droppings about how all beggars have got a Rolls Royce parked just round the corner.  However in this case these guys need to learn a lesson about how the majority of Thais live. I suggest a year planting rice and doing other farm work in Issan. 

As the wonderful Gilbert and Sullivan song said "Make the punishment fit the crime". 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, Spidey said:
On 5/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, rott said:

From a very basic psychologist?

Not at all, an eminent psychologist and anthropologist, Dr Desmond Morris. Taken from his book "The Naked Ape" a global best seller. In it he states that the only reason a man has for existence is to get laid....as many times as possible.

I read, marked and inwardly digested his book and have lived my life by it. No regrets

seems another prominent intellect agrees with dr desmond morris rationale for mans existence 

einstein_stud.png

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

seems another prominent intellect agrees with dr desmond morris rationale for mans existence 

einstein_stud.png

RE - I read, marked and inwardly digested his book and have lived my life by it. No regrets

May I ask if you are Chinese or Indian … 

On 5/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, seminomadic said:

If you're giving money to chuckleheads dressed like this, then you're not charitable, you're just straight-up stupid.

While walking with the gf, I saw those two dudes a few days ago in Silom on the sidewalk just a little before the entrance to the stairs up to the BTS. They had a sign in English and Russian stating they needed money to for a ticket home. The gf and I made a comment to each other about them, they probably spent all their money on hookers in Patpong and need more money to keep enjoying their holiday here lol. It's pretty obvious these guys are scammers imo.

Edited by bbi1

20 hours ago, Letseng said:

I remember this one. Came past once when a Thai offered him work. He didn't want it. He made good money. Perhaps he retired with all the donations.

'I remember this one. Came past once when a Thai offered him work.'

What a coincidence!

It is in poor taste to beg in a country that has many poor locals.

These Russians are literally taking potential funds away from these folk.

Don't come if you can't afford it. That's what I think.

Thailand can decide for itself as to what to do about it but not 1 baht will I give.

2 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

It is in poor taste to beg in a country that has many poor locals.

These Russians are literally taking potential funds away from these folk.

Thailand can decide for itself as to what to do about it but not 1 baht will I give.

Absolutely right! Should apply to ALL nationalities EQUALLY.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 12:22 AM, atyclb said:

the 2 russian beggars are doing a smarter style. well groomed and well dressed as thai's typically judge by image not substance, the russian guys are likely doing well on donations

Holy crap Borat Sagdiyev, you totally missed my point. Don't you have 'rental babies' in Kazakhstan?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, Zikomat said:

Thais consider it deeply wrong when farangs try to make any money of them. Opposite seems to be an absolute norm and even a must.

How many times have you handed money to a Thai for a purchase and he/she/shim hands the change back to your wife,girlfriend?....if only I had a baht for every time that happened,geeze!

It must be part of the subconscious program at work since they do it without thinking.

For normal human :

News - is nothing for your live. Its only take your brain and time and making multi colored salad.

Only one usefull function from news - you can pazzle tendentions. Why this news came to my computer? Why i think about this and etc. Catch yourself and switch on your head.

Edited by Russkii
fbw

For control your brain ( brain is not rabbish bin )

when you see news - ask yourself 2 questions.

- Why they published it ?

- Usefull for me or not ?

Enough for understand who more stupid) Two strangers or 20 readers

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Russkii said:

For control your brain ( brain is not rabbish bin )

when you see news - ask yourself 2 questions.

- Why they published it ?

- Usefull for me or not ?

Enough for understand who more stupid) Two strangers or 20 readers

I asked. True for all news, ads, websites, media, etc :

- Why they published it ?  They want you to do or buy something.

- Useful for me or not ? No, it is written to be useful for them.

If you read nothing you will be uninformed, if you read everything you will be misinformed.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1