"Morally gross Russian beg-packers" face hail of criticism from Thais and foreigners alike

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visa Exemption and Bilateral Agreement

Passport Holders who can enter Thailand without a Visa

You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show you will be exiting Thailand within 30 days of entry you will be most likely refused entry.

Those who really need help don't get it. Those who are good liars can even give false information to beg for financial help. If you still believe that people should help liars to extend their holiday, that's up to you.

But seeing more and more of them isn't in favor of those who live here for a long time, paying taxes and not asking for donations. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

@Isaanbiker I disagree with bashing Thais. I only agree with bashing farang - especially if farang bash farang. ????

Please read through certain posts and you'll see that a nice guy who just recently died in a motorcycle accident was titled as being an idiot. Some even said that all Thai males are idiots, not even considering that their own Thai family consists of Thai males.  

I strongly believe that I've met more foreign idiots than Thais in my 17 years of living here. Cheers- ✌️

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

99% of the planet would go to their embassy or nearest consulate.

Perhaps they would, assuming they will provide financial assistance, but the only thing they will do is let them use their phone.

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

They should at least do some squat and kick dance to earn money.

Exactly, they should be giving Slav squat lessons, proper Slav squat is not not easy to master.  Alas, this would mean working illegally, so good thing they didn't. Imagine if they worked illegally? The wrath of the FB group that posts bad foreigners would be twice as long! They were just begging, and good people of Thailand FLIPPED! 

If I took photos of every street begging Asian, I'd run out of film in one afternoon. But as we know, foreigners are bad, people need to just accept that! Thais good, foreigners bad, simple! 

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

I ignore beggars. Problem solved.

Not sure why people get heated over something they can ignore. 

People need to feel outraged, and they need to share their outrage, do you think anytone with some sort of life would post a photo of 2 guys on FB. How sad does one need to be in order to do this?

But this is not new in Thailand, and I'm pretty sure it is part of ' Foreigners are bad' campaign, that's been active past couple of years in Thai social media. It's not like Thailand has severe internal issues, it is tempting to display to masses that Thai problems are really all about foreigners. Blaming some tiny minority has worked through history, it makes population forget the real issues for 1 second. It works!

2 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

People need to feel outraged, and they need to share their outrage, do you think anytone with some sort of life would post a photo of 2 guys on FB. How sad does one need to be in order to do this?

But this is not new in Thailand, and I'm pretty sure it is part of ' Foreigners are bad' campaign, that's been active past couple of years in Thai social media. It's not like Thailand has severe internal issues, it is tempting to display to masses that Thai problems are really all about foreigners. Blaming some tiny minority has worked through history, it makes population forget the real issues for 1 second. It works!

Do they?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Morally gross

A so called PM with 10, maybe 12 now, Mercs, whilst the majority of the people of this country struggle to survive may also be seen to be morally gross. I have no time for beg-packers or corrupt greedy ar..(you know the rest of the word) who the majority of the country are sick of.????

7 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

Before answering I'd prefer to know what trouble they got into.  That would be most interesting.

Wouldn't they need to show a return ticket on arrival or when applying for a visa? If Thailand would enforce this rule, nobody would have a reason to beg for "getting home urgently". 

11 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Wouldn't they need to show a return ticket on arrival or when applying for a visa? If Thailand would enforce this rule, nobody would have a reason to beg for "getting home urgently". 

No. Because you dont have to go home after the visa has expired. You can go to any other country.

I'm surprised they, or their families back home, haven't started a "Gofundme" account. 

Nationalities aside, I despise begging. There's something so degrading about it. The ONLY exception, IMO, is those who are absolutely destitute and have no chance of earning a bowl of rice due to physical or mental issues. 

7 hours ago, donim said:

So they did not get enough money for a ticket yet, as I did see the exact same duo six months ago in Rangsit. Begging with the same paper in thai and other in english, standing on the pedestrian bridge.

One guy shorthaired and the other long 'rasta a like' hair and wearing the same shoes from vans, although it looks new.

Ah.. that where the collected money went!

agree, outrageous.  they should have printed a new sign already.

i prefer them any day over the scamming cheating taxi drivers, outrageous fare, no meter, nasty, fighting.  the 2 russian beggars do not interfere with my life in any way nor impede my ability to get home.

dont know why thai netizens are complaining  given their "scam-rific, cheat-rific, lie-rific" society

it would seem thai's getting bent out of shape over stuff like this is a way to vent in a socially nationalistically acceptable way since they cannot vent about certain real pressing issues in society.

Let’s chop off the thumbs of ‘hitchhikers’ while the sad ‘f  ‘s who suggest it are at it. 

There is choice in the world, it called voluntary choice, one can give or one can not give.

sheesh what’s wrong with folk no one is holding a gun to anyone’s head saying give these beggars money. 

Thailand has begging laws, taking the proverbial urine again !!! f - f - s !!! 

Well, I'm not rich now, and definitely wasn't when in my 20's & 30's.  You know what I didn't do?  I didn't go half way round the sodding world without the means to eat or get home - actually, I didn't go at all, France was about as far as I could afford, and even that not every year (I'm from the UK).

IMO, arrest, deport on the first tramp steamer going in the right general direction, and blacklist for life.

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I don't know what fool said this.

Usually English TEFL types, or sexpats with a batgirl on their seem trying to increase their low self esteem, by self righteous idignation.

Beggars are welcome in Thai/Asian culture.

They give the opportunity for one to show compassion or gain merit.

One can give or not give, but don't judge, what have they done to you.

Another thing, there are genuine cases. Anyone reading this could fall prey to alcoholism, drug addiction or another mental disorder and find themselves down and out, behoove me I've seen the almighty fall.

Are you a cheerleader for the bleeding heart silly persons club?

A Thai friend of mine said there was a young, attractive Portuguese woman at their hotel who needed help withdrawing money from an ATM, and asked if I could I assist her.  We went to five ATM's but she could not withdraw money, and she was supposed to leave for Chiang Mai on a bus in two hours.  Against my better judgement, I gave her 10,000 baht.  She thanked me profusely, but I knew I had been scammed.

The next week, I saw my Thai friend, and to my surprise, she had 10,000 baht for me and a note.  The girl's family account had been deactivated by the bank because they feared fraud, but once her parents reactivated it, she was able to withdraw the money.  After getting back to Bangkok to get her flight home, she made the trip to the hotel to leave the money for me.

These Russians may very well be scamming, but not everyone in need of money is.

Archived