Meghan, Britain's Duchess of Sussex and wife of Prince Harry, gives birth to boy

snoop1130

Meghan, Britain's Duchess of Sussex and wife of Prince Harry, gives birth to boy

By Gerry Mey

800x800.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan wave as they ride a horse-drawn carriage after their wedding ceremony at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle in Windsor, Britain, May 19, 2018. REUTERS/Damir Sagolj/File Photo

WINDSOR, England (Reuters) - Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex and wife of Britain’s Prince Harry, gave birth to a boy on Monday, Harry announced.

The baby, seventh-in-line to the British throne, "is absolutely to die for", the prince told reporters.

In a formal announcement on their official Instagram account the royal couple said they "welcomed their firstborn child in the early morning on May 6th, 2019. Their Royal Highnesses’ son weighs 7lbs. 3oz". (3.2 kg)

"The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives.

More details will be shared in the forthcoming days."

Queen Elizabeth's grandson Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37, a U.S.-born former actress, married in a lavish ceremony at the monarch's Windsor Castle home in May last year.

The baby will be the eighth great grandchild of the 93-year-old queen, the world's longest-reigning monarch, and could be entitled to hold joint British and American citizenship according to nationality rules.

However, the child will not automatically be a prince or a princess as any such title will have to be bestowed by the queen by issuing what is known as a letter patent.

The parents are officially titled the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Britain's royal family attracts huge media interest but the younger members, especially Harry and Meghan, are treated like Hollywood superstars.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-05-06

26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The baby will be the eighth great grandchild of the 93-year-old queen, the world's longest-reigning monarch, and could be entitled to hold joint British and American citizenship according to nationality rules.

why not, seems the IRS will be raiding his piggy bank in the not to distant future because his mother is American...

1421787870_download(6).jpg.6a77041f6463b7730320d3e5f6b1a1c8.jpg

Any way congratulations to Harry, Meghan...

Edited by Basil B
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Basil B said:

why not, seems the IRS will be raiding his piggy bank in the not to distant future because his mother is American...

I think he will have to decide when he is 18 ? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think he will have to decide when he is 18 ? 

but as I understand it Meghan is subject to IRS tax and until he is 18 his wealth would part of his mothers tax assessment. 

Edit in:

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had their first child and along with the excitement and nerves of being new parents could come an unwanted tax bill.

As US citizens, Meghan - and her baby son - are liable to pay US taxes.

The US is one of only a few countries to charge tax based on citizenship and not residency. Other countries that tax non-resident citizens include Eritrea and Myanmar.

This means that even though the duke and duchess will be living at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, the US government still expects Meghan to file tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - the US tax authority.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47889162

Edited by Basil B

13 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

My personal view is I can't stand this pair.  They want to be down with it but seem to forget the British taxpayer pays handsomely for their every waking moment and then want to break with tradition for what amounts to two minutes on the steps for a picture of them and baby.  The continued and overt extravagance also hasn't gone unnoticed.  

What with their move to Froggy House and continual reports of upsetting the staffers and immediate family it would seem they're being sidelined slowly but surely.

Give me Wills, Kate and family any day.

Spot on mate .

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/fans-are-reacting-to-mike-the-situation-sorrentinos-photos-he-posted-to-instagram-from-jail.html/

Just so you won't lose any sleep about having to pay a few more penies in tax every year. 

Thx for your reply , 

i do not pay any UK  tax , i live in LOS on my UK disability benefits . 

Living like a king , in paradise. Thx taxpayers.. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Far too much media attention given to this pair, which fuels the already bloated ego's of both of them, they should follow the example of Wills & Kate in my opinion.

She's playing "the role" for all its worth and is now set for life no matter what happens. 

He is like his uncle Andy, she certainly not like her Brother in-laws wife... be lucky if the marriage lasts 10 years. 

15 minutes ago, Basil B said:

He is like his uncle Andy, she certainly not like her Brother in-laws wife... be lucky if the marriage lasts 10 years. 

Forever the optimist ,

The lady is a professional,  i give it 5, at the most...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Let's not forget the elephant in the room, her family.  Already kicking off on a regular basis and will only get more embarrassing for the royal family as time goes by.  

Cheque book at the ready ! As a Grandparent he has legal rights to access the child.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Highly unikely, $5 mil is nothing and apart from Suits which was scheduled to end (for her character) she was a nobody, she made "him" her career move and next well paid role. (IMHO)

All google links point to around $ 5 million. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meghan-markle-net-worth-her-003058372.html 

Why is it unlikely? the cast of seinfield were making 600k each an episode and that was decades ago. You will be shocked at the money thrown around these days. No idea why you think $5 mill is nothing..

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Let's not forget the elephant in the room, her family.  Already kicking off on a regular basis and will only get more embarrassing for the royal family as time goes by.  

Embarrassing the Royals / establishment ,, what ever next ,  beggars belief . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, faraday said:

James?

Exsuse me , do you mean the army officer , with the red hair ..

Edited by elliss
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Cheque book at the ready ! As a Grandparent he has legal rights to access the child.

Yet has no right to enter UK which to me blows that out of the water.

Back on topic; 

I'm happy for the pair of them and assume any feud (Kate) is a manufactured paper-seller.

Cute couple. I respect Harry for work on Invictus games. Never seen her work, so no comment on that. I suppose if you need parasites, you could do worse.

My big question is: Do they celebrate 4th of July, Meg being American and all that?

The kid is part American and part British. Does that make him Canadian?

But, is it Bleck......?

The uncertainty is probably the reason for the reluctance to have the scheduled 2 mins photo opportunity on the hospital steps.

image.gif

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1